Age of Sigmar open day new models

Ben

Great to hear about the TGA battle!

I hadn't picked up on the Irish/Pictish aspect of the Fimir...I don't see how I could resist picking them up if they expand the line. Now I've just got to convince my dad to head to Nottingham and buy my toys next time he's in Ireland!

6 hours ago, Dez said:

I hadn't picked up on the Irish/Pictish aspect of the Fimir...I don't see how I could resist picking them up if they expand the line. Now I've just got to convince my dad to head to Nottingham and buy my toys next time he's in Ireland!

heres an awesome vid they made of the day on the new WHTV channel

Warhammer Age of Sigmar Open Day Report

Couldn't make it to the Warhammer Age of Sigmar Open Day? You missed out. Don't worry though — we filmed the best bits: Find out about future events, and pick up your tickets, on the Warhammer World website: http://warhammerworld.games-workshop.com

Posted by Warhammer TV on Saturday, August 13, 2016

9 hours ago, Tanka said:

A Khorne Daemon Prince with a shield...

Khorne...with a shield.

Really?

Tbf it looks like a bladed shield?

But all out offensive power does feel like it would be more fitting... especially for a DP.

The dragon looks amazing (rider is meh)... and super expensive :(

It was a great event. Small in size, but you could speak with every artist ofr as loong as you want. The fimir were my favorite by far, I look forward to the big one, apparently  some kind of mother/leader of the group. more to come and I can't wait for it ^^

8 hours ago, Nico said:

Does Valkia have a shield?

No, she is running around with the head of a Daemon Prince to show people the boss. All the statistics in the polls point to Valkia, Valkia is the boss. Except our polls for Destruction which found Gordrakk ahead due to his 'Choppas for Everyone' policy.

Khul is losing steam after Nurglings took offense to him wanting to build a 'Wall of Skulls' to Ghyran...using their skulls.

16 hours ago, Dez said:

The Irish/Pictish-influences are quite subtle in the completed models and in the WiP shots we've seen so far but the concept art had quite a lot.

The Mearach (the large hag) will have two attendants and a cauldron and will be modelled dropping arcane gubbins into the cauldron.  Talking to Trish and the other FW designers, the Fimir are returning to their original 3rd ed. incarnations where they are heavily influenced by the Irish fomor from the Second Battle of Moytura and the Book of Invasions tales.  The Picitish elements are there to add something a little different to the more normal Celtic element as that's often been found alongside Wood Elf and to some extent the Sylvenneth.  FW are also emphasising the matriarchal society of the Fimir with the female hags being larger, magical and more powerful than the males who do the fighting (and dying).  Personally, I'm very excited by the whole range.

Now bring back the Zoats...

18 hours ago, Dez said:

No, she is running around with the head of a Daemon Prince to show people the boss.

According to the book the head was nailed to her shield which was then reworked when she ascended.  Khorne shields are not uncommon - they tend to grant a ward save against magical attacks

Archived