AoS 2 - Ossiarch Bonereapers Discussion

Still-young

@Scurvydog & @choocheelo you two mentioned 2 things I think might be a good competetive list

Petrifex Elite with Arkhan and Aegis Immortal.

With support from Aegis's Archai Arkhan can go whereever he wants and shower enemies with MWs by casting Nightmare Predator and both Curses - from the warscroll and from the Lore.

From there you can take some Battlelines, Liege Kavalos and beef up Immortis to create a mighty fist of this army.

42 minutes ago, XReN said:

@Scurvydog & @choocheelo you two mentioned 2 things I think might be a good competetive list

Petrifex Elite with Arkhan and Aegis Immortal.

With support from Aegis's Archai Arkhan can go whereever he wants and shower enemies with MWs by casting Nightmare Predator and both Curses - from the warscroll and from the Lore.

From there you can take some Battlelines, Liege Kavalos and beef up Immortis to create a mighty fist of this army.

I like this idea...especially because I have most of the units already (kind, if I'm delivered of FoB boxes) 1 arkan, 2 or 3 morghasts units, 2 or 3 stalker  units, same for guards. Then, I just have to complete with support heros I think (kavalos or the one in the FoB etc...).

So if you take the sons of the lichemaster mercenaries and park the skeleton blobs in with your guard and harvesters you could convert skeletons into guard.

This has perhaps a few too many moving parts to be viable but funny nonetheless.

26 minutes ago, choocheelo said:

Thx XRen. Will go check pointcost your idea.

Guys, anybody knew,  Nagash and Arkhan know all lores. Did they work like ability "know all spells from lore of mortisans" ?

Nagash and Arkhan know all Lore of Mortisans spells, I'm pretty sure it doesn't say it on their warscrolls but it specifically mentions it in the spell section of the battletome. I'm also pretty sure Nagash doesn't know the spells on other wizards warscrolls anymore though.

Edited by Dirtnaps

6 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

Just trying  my hand at a list here:

Petrifex Elite

Arkhan: 360
200: Liege Kavalos - general (+2 wounds trait), Helm of the ordained (+1 hit 12" bubble)
140: Soulmason - forced ignore 1st wound artifact

200 - Immortis guard
200 - Immortis guard
210 - Morghast Archai
360 - 10 x Kavalos riders
200 - Harvester

80 - Aegis battalion
40 - Predator endless spell

Total: 1980. 102 wounds. Generated 5 discipline points per turn + 8xd6 rolls on 6+.

Sorry mate, but you only have 1 out of required 3 battlelines, even if you split the Riders you'll still need to drop something to add 3rd BL unit.

54 minutes ago, divineauthority said:

Apologies if this has already been discussed, I may have not seen it. Am I missing something that stops you from being able to do this multiple times?

Image may contain: text

Nothing stops you doing it multiple times. The GW article on themed armies even points it out that you can do this. Provided that you can use another ability to let them charge a second time in the same turn such as the Liege - Kavalos leader ability. 

3 minutes ago, Overread said:

Nothing stops you doing it multiple times. The GW article on themed armies even points it out that you can do this. Provided that you can use another ability to let them charge a second time in the same turn such as the Liege - Kavalos leader ability. 

You missunderstood, @divineauthority asked about using it multiple times in one charge phase whille the article just mentiones it that you can retreat-charge every turn to benefit from this ability more

Edited by XReN
  • Like 1

Just now, Overread said:

I meant more as in activate it on the same unit say 3 times on 1 charge, so for a unit of 10 Deathriders they end up rolling 30 dice with 5+ doing mortals and then get an extra 9" pile in.

Just now, divineauthority said:

I meant more as in activate it on the same unit say 3 times on 1 charge, so for a unit of 10 Deathriders they end up rolling 30 dice with 5+ doing mortals and then get an extra 9" pile in.

Right now I'm thinking that you can and that is increadibly powerfull

Ok new attempt, my calculator betrayed me, and warscroll builder has spoiled for for too long ;)

Petrifex Elite

200: Liege Kavalos - general (+2 wounds trait), Helm of the ordained (+1 hit 12" bubble)
130: Boneshaper - forced ignore 1st wound artifact

200 - Immortis guard
200 - Immortis guard
210 - Morghast Archai
360 - 2 x 5Kavalos riders
260 - 20 x Mortek guard

80 - Aegis battalion

Total: 2000. 112 wounds. Generated 5 discipline points per turn + 8xd6 rolls on 6+.

The shaper can handle the endless spell, his own are not that hard to cast, take one of the easier to cast spells.

Arkhan is free to use curse of years and the 2 last spells for damage and debuffing for example, with access to all the spells he will be very flexible. With his morghasts bodyguard and +1 to saves they can also go in as a hammer in combat without risking Arkhan too badly.

The Liege is expensive, but decent hitting power, generated 2 points per turn and has auseful +1 attack command and can get the 12" +1 to hit bubble, which can all make the Kavalos terrifying. Add in the +1 to rend command from petrifex and they will rip through stuff.

The immortis guards can go where needed, they might be a bit too slow to keep up with the riders, but they can also create a front line along with the mortek, which is a very hard to kill combo. Keep Arkhan near enough for his passive 3 wound heals, and this line will be rock solid to break, as each healed wound will have a great value.

This list will push out rend 2 or 3 all day, can cast 4 spells per turn and 4 dispells, with Arkhan having +2, so a tough spell defense, everything with 3+ or 2+ saves. Some ok healing with Arkhan and shaper. On average quite mobile and fast, and access to average 6-7 discipline points per turn, will allow for a nice amount of movement uses, while also having enough for offensive commands. The helm will give a nice chunk of units +1 to hit to end up on 2+, which is why I did not go for the skrieker spell in this list. The mason can hand out reroll 1 to hit, so hitting things should be fairly reliable.

• Like 2

Just now, XReN said:

Right now I'm thinking that you can and that is increadibly powerfull

Yea so far if not stated specifically, you can stack anything, like how Ironjawz used to stack waaagh, but now the ability states once per battle for example. If not stated, you can trigger it multiple times. This might get FAQ'd though.

2 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

Yea so far if not stated specifically, you can stack anything, like how Ironjawz used to stack waaagh, but now the ability states once per battle for example. If not stated, you can trigger it multiple times. This might get FAQ'd though.

Yeah I'd expect this to get FAQ'd. Nothing stopping you from charging a unit, using the ability 3 times with 15 dudes, wiping out a blob and then being able to pile in 18" into a fresh unit and get your normal attacks off.

Terrifying!

4 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

Ok new attempt, my calculator betrayed me, and warscroll builder has spoiled for for too long ;)

Spoiler

Petrifex Elite

130: Boneshaper - forced ignore 1st wound artifact

200 - Immortis guard
200 - Immortis guard
210 - Morghast Archai
360 - 2 x 5Kavalos riders
260 - 20 x Mortek guard

80 - Aegis battalion

Total: 2000. 112 wounds. Generated 5 discipline points per turn + 8xd6 rolls on 6+.

The shaper can handle the endless spell, his own are not that hard to cast, take one of the easier to cast spells.

Arkhan is free to use curse of years and the 2 last spells for damage and debuffing for example, with access to all the spells he will be very flexible. With his morghasts bodyguard and +1 to saves they can also go in as a hammer in combat without risking Arkhan too badly.

The Liege is expensive, but decent hitting power, generated 2 points per turn and has auseful +1 attack command and can get the 12" +1 to hit bubble, which can all make the Kavalos terrifying. Add in the +1 to rend command from petrifex and they will rip through stuff.

The immortis guards can go where needed, they might be a bit too slow to keep up with the riders, but they can also create a front line along with the mortek, which is a very hard to kill combo. Keep Arkhan near enough for his passive 3 wound heals, and this line will be rock solid to break, as each healed wound will have a great value.

This list will push out rend 2 or 3 all day, can cast 4 spells per turn and 4 dispells, with Arkhan having +2, so a tough spell defense, everything with 3+ or 2+ saves. Some ok healing with Arkhan and shaper. On average quite mobile and fast, and access to average 6-7 discipline points per turn, will allow for a nice amount of movement uses, while also having enough for offensive commands. The helm will give a nice chunk of units +1 to hit to end up on 2+, which is why I did not go for the skrieker spell in this list. The mason can hand out reroll 1 to hit, so hitting things should be fairly reliable.

Looks pretty good, the only thing I'm going to change is I'll take 10 Mortek and Predator instead of 2nd unit of Kavalos riders

5 hours ago, NoMaDhOoK said:

When a warscroll refers to a "characteristic" . It always refers to the number on the warscroll istself (unmodified and total wounds). This is in the core rulebook somewhere (I don't have it on me at the moment) 

Ah ok then so the catapult is an exception rather than the rule I see now!

15 minutes ago, Captain Badruk said:

Ah ok then so the catapult is an exception rather than the rule I see now!

No it isn't the exception. The designers note is not about the part about enemy wounds characteristic. But about the fact that if you look at the damage table, the modifier for cursed stele increases with the more wounds the catapult has taken (attacking model refers to the catapult, not the thing you are shooting) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Amradiel said:

Morghasts yay or nay? Can't decide if I should keep them or not...

They are required for 2 battalions and also the only flying melee unit in the army, so I'd have at least 2 with halberds

Edited by XReN

1 minute ago, XReN said:

They are required for 2 battalions and also the only flying melee unit in the army, so I'd have at least 2 with halberds

Yes and the battalions including them are only 80 points, although it does require very specific investments in morghasts and 2x stalkers or immortis. I tihnk the Aegis the superior one, for example in a list such as the one I posted a bit earlier, running next to Arkhan. 

The other one giving the single 6" move is very very niche, and almost only worth it for the artefact and 1 disc point per turn, just running the stalkers and morghasts ahead of the rest of the army is a great way to get them picked of and killed, but I guess it could work in some battleplans, the harbingers alone would be able to cover 6"+3"+9" and charge 3d6".

I have a feeling it is better to run with Mortek guards, Kavalos and harvesters than the other big guys, but I don't think they are leagues behind and got a place in some plans and lists. I would not completely disregard the importance of Morghasts having either 5+ ignore mortal wounds or 3d6 charges and -1 bravery aura. With the Hekatos keyword and especially in petrifex, they are certainly far scarier than before, it is just the stalkers +1 rend and damage stance that makes the other big guys look bad ;)

what are your thoughts on the Mortek Shield Corps battalion. 

caster, 2 x guards(is it really only 2, might be 3 units) to get the extra artifact, RDP and can use a shield wall for free each turn seems okay. But 120 seems a little high.