AoS 2 - Ossiarch Bonereapers Discussion

Still-young

I have a question regarding Aviarch Spymaster ability available for Katakros, If my opponent generates multiple CPs in one phase and at the same time, like seraphon, I can roll a dice for each enemy CPs generated or I must roll only one dice?

On 5/31/2021 at 10:27 AM, baiardo said:

I have a question regarding Aviarch Spymaster ability available for Katakros, If my opponent generates multiple CPs in one phase and at the same time, like seraphon, I can roll a dice for each enemy CPs generated or I must roll only one dice?

I asked this question before and it seems that it works only for the 1st one in a turn.

• Thanks 1

I'm going to play against tzeentch a lot next weekend, and I'm thinking to bring the following list:

Allegiance: Ossiarch Bonereapers

Leaders
Katakros, Mortarch of the Necropolis (500)
- General
Liege-Kavalos (200)
- Artefact: Nadir-bound Mount

Battleline
20 x Mortek Guard (260)
- Nadirite Blade and Shield
20 x Mortek Guard (260)
5 x Kavalos Deathriders (180)

Behemoths
Gothizzar Harvester (200)

Artillery
Mortek Crawler (200)
Mortek Crawler (200)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 116

Have any tips or suggestion, since I'm pretty new to OBR?I will face a lot of shooting
Edited by baiardo

10 hours ago, baiardo said:

I'm going to play against tzeentch a lot next weekend, and I'm thinking to bring the following list:

Allegiance: Ossiarch Bonereapers

Leaders
Katakros, Mortarch of the Necropolis (500)
- General
Liege-Kavalos (200)
- Artefact: Nadir-bound Mount

Battleline
20 x Mortek Guard (260)
20 x Mortek Guard (260)
5 x Kavalos Deathriders (180)

Behemoths
Gothizzar Harvester (200)

Artillery
Mortek Crawler (200)
Mortek Crawler (200)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 116

Have any tips or suggestion, since I'm pretty new to OBR?I will face a lot of shooting

You probably cant outdrop them and if they are smart they will focus down your guard, so I think its best to run 4x10 mortek instead of 2x20. This will force them to split their shots or overcommit to killing a single group of 10. It would be easy for them to focus everything and completely wipe a unit of 20, but 2x10 means they might not split correctly and allow Kata to bring some back. Also, against shooting the harvester is kind of dead weight if they are any good, as they will just blow it up first. 

I keep reading Mir Kainen as Mr Kainen...

On another note once I'm through with my Soulblight and Lumineth projects I'm going to be looking at touching up on some of my older half finished projects including my OBR, would be nice to be able to try playing them again being a generally smaller model count army.

I'm presuming Crematorium still focus heavily on Mortek guard spamming? Or is their exploding rare/negligible enough in practice that you can get away with any sort of build? I know they're definitely not the greatest sub faction but I'm in love with their colour scheme (it's so fun to paint)

5 hours ago, Hungey26 said:

Looks great Archibald. What colours do you use for the darker bone like around the harvester's neck and "backpack".

Thanks for your kind words.

The darker bones are just basilicanum grey or black templar (for the darker tones) over skeleton horde.

Oh and i used grey seer as a base coating for the Harvester. All over models until now have a wraithbone base coating.

Oh wow would have assumed you went from some sort of brown. I do hear from friends that basilicanum grey and black templar are great but this may have just sold me.

Edited by Hungey26
Spelling
  • Like 1

I wonder that there are not more discussions around AOS 3 yet. 

i mean, if we don’t get a new book or a faq very soon, I think we will have a very hard time competing with all the new command abilities around we are not allowed to use. 

1 hour ago, rosa said:

I wonder that there are not more discussions around AOS 3 yet. 

i mean, if we don’t get a new book or a faq very soon, I think we will have a very hard time competing with all the new command abilities around we are not allowed to use. 

I think we will be able to use generic command abilities. I personally think we will have to manage to resources, RDP and CP. We will probably generate CP like every other army. I think this because in one of the previous FAQ it was stated that we get CP every turn, we just can't use them. Also there is this exchange on Twitter with Ben Johnson:

SmartSelect_20210608-130519_Twitter.jpg

SmartSelect_20210608-130535_Twitter.jpg

58 minutes ago, rosa said:

That would be great indeed. 
or maybe even a new book with a second wave is around the corner?  *dreaming*

A new book would be nice.  I've a wish list as long as my arm for a new ossiarch wave (archers, infantry liege, monstrous infantry liege, morghast liege, warsphinx equivalent, arcane buff engine - possibly dual kit with warsphinx equivalent, named characters for other legions, wall & gate terrain), but even if we didn't get any new model kits, just the basic rules tweaks we could expect from a new book based on design direction for 3rd ed indicated by the soulblight book - special characters are extra generals instead of eating your command trait, subfactions get their own list of traits and artefacts instead of locking you into just one, more alternate battleline options - would already be a big boon to my own list building.

1 minute ago, JustAsPlanned said:

I could see the Ivory Host character - Ghuri-Xza I think it was? - getting a model, since she was mentioned in both the OBR and SBGL Battletomes

Ivory Host could certainly do with something, anything, to entice people to run them as a faction.  Especially since they're the ossiarch legion that's known to be active in Ghur, where the main action of early 3e is supposed to be happening.

On 6/9/2021 at 11:00 AM, Sception said:

Ivory Host could certainly do with something, anything, to entice people to run them as a faction.  Especially since they're the ossiarch legion that's known to be active in Ghur, where the main action of early 3e is supposed to be happening.

I would love that. I was seriously considering running Ivory Host as a while, but I just couldn't shoot myself in the foot quite that badly in the name of flavor. Do I need to feel optimal? Hell no. I'm running the Aegis Immortal, or will be as long as it remains legal. But Ivory Host is almost entirely downside.

Bit of a bomb dropped in today's core battalion article:

"The new ruleset allows each unit to benefit from only a single command ability at a time"

So a mortek unit can't benefit from endless duty and shield wall in the same combat phase.  And petrifex units can't bludgeon in the same phase they do either of the above, removing the main reason left to play them after the nerf to their battle trait.

I get that GW is trying to cut down on buff-stacking, but given how every obr subfaction and nearly every obr unit all have their own command abilities, the inability to use multples on the same unit in the same phase feels like a pretty significant nerf to the faction.  At the very least you'll have to think very differently in terms of how you use them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sception said:

Bit of a bomb dropped in today's core battalion article:

"The new ruleset allows each unit to benefit from only a single command ability at a time"

So a mortek unit can't benefit from endless duty and shield wall in the same combat phase.  And petrifex units can't bludgeon in the same phase they do either of the above, removing the main reason left to play them after the nerf to their battle trait.

I get that GW is trying to cut down on buff-stacking, but given how every obr subfaction and nearly every obr unit all have their own command abilities, the inability to use multples on the same unit in the same phase feels like a pretty significant nerf to the faction.  At the very least you'll have to think very differently in terms of how you use them.

I think we will get some exception to this rule, because it doesn't make sense at all from the point of how the faction was designed. So you buff everyone with +1 save from Katakros and now you wouldn't be able to use any of your RDP? Doesn't make sense to me at all. 

I do not believe we will get an exception to this rule at all, but we'll see.

Oh, geeze, army-side CAs....  oh wow, ouch for Nagash.  And here I was thinking between hero buffs, monster buffs, and rumored buffs to the core spells, Nagash would be sitting pretty.  If his CA prevents you from using literally any other CA with your entire army....

It would be less than ideal if they nerf us in this way because I bought this army with the premise that we are very flexible and adaptive force and that would be gone. 

Hopefully the article tomorrow about OBR will shed some light on this. 

Somebody posted this:" the rule is you can only get 1 command ability in a phase, as katakros has his go off in the hero phase and mortek is the combat phase you can still do both. Just not endless duty and shield wall at the same time." 

Which makes sense to me and I would be okay with that. 

Edited by Hellberg

2 hours ago, Hellberg said:

It would be less than ideal if they nerf us in this way because I bought this army with the premise that we are very flexible and adaptive force and that would be gone. 

I mean, having a bunch of different options, of which you can use only one at a time, is a ~kind~ of flexibility.

49 minutes ago, Sception said:

I mean, having a bunch of different options, of which you can use only one at a time, is a ~kind~ of flexibility.

While you are right it is very different from the original concept that was a selling point to me. Which you might find perfectly normal as a veteran player but for a newbie like me it feels like altering a term of a deal I suppose. 

I will get used to these changes as years go by. 

Also I don't think the changes are so bad thanks to the rules clarification I found. 

Edited by Hellberg