Beastgrave Speculation

AthelLoren

Really like the new warbands, and the setting feels like a super refreshing change of pace. I hope they keep mixing it up with future seasons - a totally different theme for each one.

And lore-wise I love the idea of Shadespire sort of breaking and just spilling its horrible cursed contents all over the place, bleeding between  all the different realms. Turning into a weird megadungeon that connects all dark, forgotten places, tempting would-be heroes with the promise of forgotten treasures...

• Like 1

I'm hyped for Beastgrave! It shows that the Asrai have a place in AoS - I'm just hoping the Kurnothi become a full-blown faction. I was already coming up for Aelf lore just based on their silhouettes, and now they reveal that they are EXACTLY what I want! Who here wants a Kurnothi faction? I do!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, robinlvalentine said:

Really like the new warbands, and the setting feels like a super refreshing change of pace. I hope they keep mixing it up with future seasons - a totally different theme for each one.

And lore-wise I love the idea of Shadespire sort of breaking and just spilling its horrible cursed contents all over the place, bleeding between  all the different realms. Turning into a weird megadungeon that connects all dark, forgotten places, tempting would-be heroes with the promise of forgotten treasures...

I love the idea of shadespire “bleeding” into other realms. It makes it really easy to visualize all the different boards together. For example one payer using a Shadespire board and the other using a Beastgrave board 

• Like 1

The Aelfs look really cool. I'm guessing the centaur could score cover ground by himself. I really enjoy Underworlds, but what I really love aesthetically is a warband which has full boat of different looking models; models size, species, colors, weapons. The more variety the better it looks imo. The new Aelfs fit the bill with a Centaur, a guy blowing a horn, a lion thing, guy shooting with a bow, and a guy running with a sword. The only other band that aesthetically pleases my eyes is Mollog and his mob as they are all different. Looks really cool on the board. The beastmen on the other hand don't really do it for me aestetically

Anyone else loving the very subtle, yet amazingly done bow cords on the lesser beastmen? That was always a pet peeve of mine when a model with a bow and arrow looked super cool, except there was no bow cord.

also, I noticed the ungor with the staff and holding the tree is way back in the opponents territory. In the picture of the game boards. I wonder if this will be a rule similar to the Stalasquig where he can be placed anywhere after deployment ? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AthelLoren said:

I'm hyped for Beastgrave! It shows that the Asrai have a place in AoS - I'm just hoping the Kurnothi become a full-blown faction. I was already coming up for Aelf lore just based on their silhouettes, and now they reveal that they are EXACTLY what I want! Who here wants a Kurnothi faction? I do!

I would also love it if they become a full faction

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Anthony225 said:

also, I noticed the ungor with the staff and holding the tree is way back in the opponents territory. In the picture of the game boards. I wonder if this will be a rule similar to the Stalasquig where he can be placed anywhere after deployment ?  

Brilliant. Hope you're right.

Reminds me of something - classic Wood Elves deepwood scouts abilty...

40 minutes ago, WathLab said:

Which faction is it ? I'm a former WFB player so I don't know all AoS factions well...

Dead on Arrival. Units that are crippled by their rules.

I think he meant DoK, Daughters of Khaine. Future lower back problem stripper elves formerly part of the Dark Elves. They have the Sisters of Slaughter, Wytch elves, Morathi, Cauldron of Blood, Doomfire Warlocks and females with either snake tails or bat wings. They are in the GA Order, but considered suspicious.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

Dead on Arrival. Units that are crippled by their rules.

I think he meant DoK, Daughters of Khaine. Future lower back problem stripper elves formerly part of the Dark Elves. They have the Sisters of Slaughter, Wytch elves, Morathi, Cauldron of Blood, Doomfire Warlocks and females with either snake tails or bat wings. They are in the GA Order, but considered suspicious.

Yup, I misspelled - I meant Daughters of Khaine.

Aside from the units listed, they also have Medusas (as in, gorgons - complete with an ability to turn people to stone). Overall, they are crazy, murderous and awesome :)

... and I think that, even though they are all kill-crazy, they seem less suspicious than the Idoneth AKA Fish Elves ;)

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, PiotrW said:

Yup, I misspelled - I meant Daughters of Khaine.

Aside from the units listed, they also have Medusas (as in, gorgons - complete with an ability to turn people to stone). Overall, they are crazy, murderous and awesome :)

... and I think that, even though they are all kill-crazy, they seem less suspicious than the Idoneth AKA Fish Elves ;)

Yeah, the good guys are:

• Trees infused with elven souls (who really thought they would go back to being elves)
  • Elves hunting for souls, because they don't have them
  • Elves that revigorate by their favourite hobby of murderizing everybody
  • Dwarves turning the mercenary up to 11 and are reminiscent of Ferengi
  • Dwarves hammering more and more pieces of their god into their body
  • Dinosaurs remembering their dead kin into being
  • Whatever the Malarion elves are going to be
  • Whatever the Teclis elves are going to be
  • Dwarves ruled entirely by their grudges now they lost their gods
  • Souls grabbed just before their death to be reforged again and again in service of their god, losing their humanity time and time again.
  • Whatever the Wanderers & Kurnothi are going to be (Kurnoth being the god of hunting and hunger)

And of course, the heroes of Order, the Freeguild, with too little lore or love from GW.

Reminder that Dreadfane block basically confirmed to be part of Beastgrave block.

This set marks the introduction of two new warbands – Ironsoul’s Condemnors and Lady Harrow’s Mournflight – in a special debut release. They will be available to the rest of the world a bit down the line (...)

So we have thus far:

• Grasknak's Despoilers
  • Skaeth's Wild Hunt
  • Ironsoul's Condemnors
  • Lady Harrow's Mournflight

There seems to be 50/50 odds on whether the Dreadfane pair are going to be part of the "official" release schedule or if they'd be some kind of "extra", but at the very least, we know they're going to be "officially" released at some point.

1 hour ago, Kimarous said:

Reminder that Dreadfane block basically confirmed to be part of Beastgrave block.

So we have thus far:

• Grasknak's Despoilers
  • Skaeth's Wild Hunt
  • Ironsoul's Condemnors
  • Lady Harrow's Mournflight

There seems to be 50/50 odds on whether the Dreadfane pair are going to be part of the "official" release schedule or if they'd be some kind of "extra", but at the very least, we know they're going to be "officially" released at some point.

I'd be surprised/disappointed if those two weren't just extra warbands on top of the normal release schedule - seeing as the minis have been out for ages, and even their cards were developed for a standalone 'gateway drug' box. 

25 minutes ago, PiotrW said:

Yeah, the Condemnors are just repurposed Sequitors from the ETB set...

En the Mournflight are just Myrnmourn banshees. I would probably purchase the banshees with cards if they are some 15 euro's. Regular bands are 2,5 over the band without cards.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2019 at 5:46 PM, zilberfrid said:

En the Mournflight are just Myrnmourn banshees. I would probably purchase the banshees with cards if they are some 15 euro's. Regular bands are 2,5 over the band without cards.

It's interesting. A standalone expansion for the Dreadfane warbands would either have more cards in the expansion (as they have vastly more faction specific cards than any other warband), or would just be faction specifics and I think would be a struggle to shift as well as other warband expansions that include universal cards.

9 hours ago, riddlesworth said:

as they have vastly more faction specific cards than any other warband

If I remember well, there are 32 faction specific cards coming with each Dreadfane warbands, and only 31 for Shadespire and Nightvault warbands if you include Leader and Power Unbound packs...

Maybe a hint we'll have a new set of cards soon - with 1 faction specific card for each S1 and S2 warband ? 

Still want that Ogor warband.  Either a hunter with 2 cats, or a pair of Maneaters.

Editation:  Also, because I don't want to go and double-post, I just had a realization:  Underworlds could give us models from races in the mortal realms that are too small, too insignificant, or too impractical to be given a full-fledged faction force.  Imagine all the off-mentions that could form unique warbands!  (Imagine a halfling warband!)

Edited by HiddenElephant
  • Like 1