AoS 2 - Orruk Warclans Discussion

Malakithe

4 hours ago, Kasper said:

if you manage to get a teleport off on the pigs or Maw Krusha, you can 100% secure the charge by placing them 12,5" away, then MD them just outside of 3".

I've been doing this in my games too - its such a beautiful move.

It should be easier to counter as you need to find space 12" away from opponents stuff. But getting a unit of buffed up angry pigs into a back line is great.

Also adding in the +1 to charges from the Big Waagh buffs means that the charge cant fail. So as long as the spell is cast its pretty much a point and click death star of porkyness!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, Caffran101 said:

I've been doing this in my games too - its such a beautiful move.

It should be easier to counter as you need to find space 12" away from opponents stuff. But getting a unit of buffed up angry pigs into a back line is great.

Also adding in the +1 to charges from the Big Waagh buffs means that the charge cant fail. So as long as the spell is cast its pretty much a point and click death star of porkyness!

• Haha 2

So I have a quick question regarding allegiance's. 

I was perusing warscroll builder today, and noticed it had updated some things when I was messing around with Ironjawz and Big Waaagh lists.

According to the builder, going Big Waaagh causes you to lose out on much more than just Smashing and bashing and the other allegiance traits . You also seem to lose access to mount traits, spell lores for both IJ and BS, and warchanter beats. Does this sound accurate? 

I ask because I see Big Waaagh lists that include all of the above, most importantly (to me at least) the Wierdnob Shamans with Hand of Gork and Prophets with the attack last spell. I know the bonuses of the Big Waaagh table are amazing (especially 6++ and +2/+2), but you give up more than I expected when I was making Big Waaagh lists.

10 minutes ago, SonOfIronsunz said:

So I have a quick question regarding allegiance's. 

I was perusing warscroll builder today, and noticed it had updated some things when I was messing around with Ironjawz and Big Waaagh lists.

According to the builder, going Big Waaagh causes you to lose out on much more than just Smashing and bashing and the other allegiance traits . You also seem to lose access to mount traits, spell lores for both IJ and BS, and warchanter beats. Does this sound accurate? 

I ask because I see Big Waaagh lists that include all of the above, most importantly (to me at least) the Wierdnob Shamans with Hand of Gork and Prophets with the attack last spell. I know the bonuses of the Big Waaagh table are amazing (especially 6++ and +2/+2), but you give up more than I expected when I was making Big Waaagh lists.

In Big Waaagh! Command Traits, Artefacts of Power, Spell Lore, Mount Traits, and Warchanter Beats can be chosen from the Ironjawz or Bonesplitterz allegiance abilities accordingly, in addition to using any of their battalions.

The only thing you will lose access to is the Battle Traits of the factions/clans (for example, as you listed, Smashin' and Bashin'). If Warscroll Builder does not reflect this it is probably in need of an update.

Edited by NauticalSoup

3 minutes ago, NauticalSoup said:

Command Traits, Artefacts of Power, Spell Lore, Mount Traits, and Warchanter Beats can be chosen from the Ironjawz or Bonesplitterz allegiance abilities accordingly, in addition to using any of their battalions.

The only thing you will lose access to is the battle traits of the factions/clans. If Warscroll Builder does not reflect this it is probably in need of an update.

I hope that is the case, and I believe it to be. I just find it strange that a couple days ago Warscroll Builder reflected that, but was just recently updated to remove the Spell Lore, Mount Trait, and Warchanter Beats options when choosing the Big Waaagh Allegiance.

I don't have the tome myself, so haven't read the wording on using the Big Waaagh Allegiance. If it does say that, has anyone heard about any recent FAQ or update that would correspond with Warscroll Builder's new update?

Edited by SonOfIronsunz

10 minutes ago, SonOfIronsunz said:

I hope that is the case, and I believe it to be. I just find it strange that a couple days ago Warscroll Builder reflected that, but was just recently updated to remove the Spell Lore, Mount Trait, and Warchanter Beats options when choosing the Big Waaagh Allegiance.

I take this to mean you don't have access to the book then. On Page 77 it explicitly lists all of these and indicates how many you can take and who they can be taken on. It's half a page of rules so I'm not going to post it here.

Point is, there's no ambiguity. You can use all the things I listed with all the standard limitations (ie one of most things + 1 per battalion etc).

Trust me, you'll have access to most of the toys in the book. It's not like it would be the first time Warscroll Builder was wrong!

Edited by NauticalSoup
Edit in response to an edit :)

4 minutes ago, NauticalSoup said:

I take this to mean you don't have access to the book then. On Page 77 it explicitly lists all of these and indicates how many you can take and who they can be taken on. It's half a page of rules so I'm not going to post it here.

Point is, there's no ambiguity. You can use all the things I listed with all the standard limitations (ie one of most things + 1 per battalion etc).

Trust me, you'll have access to most of the toys in the book. It's not like it would be the first time Warscroll Builder was wrong!

I believe you, I edited my previous post to include asking if anyone was aware of FAQ's or updates that would have caused the change in the Builder. As it is I will continue to build my Big Waaagh list with the artefacts and traits and spells from both IJ and BS

On 1/14/2020 at 6:32 AM, Chase said:

@PlasticCraic

What's your Big Waaagh! looking like these days? I like your "new toys revised" list. How is it coming along? Has it preformed well? What does that list look like? I'm boosting up my ironjawz soon and looking for a bit of inspiration. 

Hey @Chase, I've been focussing more on pure Bonesplitterz recently, but I'm about to jump back into Big Waaagh.  I've been trying to build lists that incorporate an Ardfist into the BW, but I can't quite make it work.  If you can square the circle between that style of build, and the Foot Megaboss with Pebbles style, I'm interested to see it!

I did play against a list at the weekend that was very, very similar to my "New Toys Revised" list, but with a couple of tweaks.  Essentially it swapped the Orruks, Ardboys and BWV for 30x Savage Orruks with Spears.  It was probably better for the change imo, so you could do worse than look at that I think.

• Like 1

Has anyone messed around with a BW list that builds around this battleline set up? Was it any good? I only own 6 pigs and haven't been tempted to buy 6 more. However, I have a feeling this could be quite good.

Allegiance: Big Waaagh!

Leaders
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
Maniak Weirdnob (120)

Battleline
30 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (360)
6 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (320)
- Pig-iron Choppas
- Pig-iron Choppas

Total: 1460 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 144

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

Hey @Chase, I've been focussing more on pure Bonesplitterz recently, but I'm about to jump back into Big Waaagh.  I've been trying to build lists that incorporate an Ardfist into the BW, but I can't quite make it work.  If you can square the circle between that style of build, and the Foot Megaboss with Pebbles style, I'm interested to see it!

I did play against a list at the weekend that was very, very similar to my "New Toys Revised" list, but with a couple of tweaks.  Essentially it swapped the Orruks, Ardboys and BWV for 30x Savage Orruks with Spears.  It was probably better for the change imo, so you could do worse than look at that I think.

This was the list @PlasticCraic played against;
Orruk Megaboss (150)
- General - Trait: Brutish Cunning
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Breath of Gorkamorka
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Warbeat: Fixin' Beat
Wardokk (80)
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Kunnin' Beast Spirits
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
- Artefact: Mork's Boney Bitz
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Brutal Beast Spirits
6 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (320)
- Pig-iron Choppas
30 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (360)
30 x Savage Orruks (300) - Stikkas
Rogue Idol (400)
Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 197

Edited by Garuun
fixed weird stuff
  • Like 1

On 1/15/2020 at 7:40 AM, PlasticCraic said:

focussing more on pure Bonesplitterz recently

What have you been cooking up? A version of your bonegrinz paintrain is going to be my next project I think. It's my play style and thematic af. What makes it great is that it all can go into Bih Waaagh! which is amazing. It's a good time to be team green. At least until GW forgets our toys again in 3.0

Anything you've played that's similar to this or what have you been running? 

• Like 1

On 1/15/2020 at 11:16 PM, Garuun said:

This was the list @PlasticCraic played against;

Spoiler

Orruk Megaboss (150)
- General - Trait: Brutish Cunning
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Breath of Gorkamorka
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Warbeat: Fixin' Beat
Wardokk (80)
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Kunnin' Beast Spirits
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
- Artefact: Mork's Boney Bitz
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Brutal Beast Spirits
- Pig-iron Choppas
30 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (360)
30 x Savage Orruks (300) - Stikkas
Rogue Idol (400)
Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 197

Yep, can confirm my man @Garuun smashed my Bonesplitterz with this army!

Although they are very similar lists, we did arrive at them separately, and I think this one is probably the better version.

Edited by PlasticCraic

11 hours ago, Chase said:

What have you been cooking up? A version of your bonegrinz paintrain is going to be my next project I think. It's my play style and thematic af. What makes it great is that it all can go into Bih Waaagh! which is amazing. It's a good time to be team green. At least until GW forgets our toys again in 3.0

Anything you've played that's similar to this or what have you been running? 

Actually I've been looking at Big Stabbas again!  My current focus is attemping  to design a Tzeentch Killer, because I'm mostly focussed on team events this year.

Big Stabbas in Big Waaagh is of serious interest: hitting and wounding on 2s and 2s, yes please! 

I think Boneys have serious play against the pop-up Flamer lists, because of the pregame move; for that reason I'm looking closely at Icebone, because you can still take the 8" pregame move CT.  It's a decent all round faction so I think you can tailor against Tzeentch and be an all-rounder against most other armies.

The things I'm looking for are mainly huge volume of damage at low rend.  Essentially I want an army that can just tear through Horrors.  And also I want everything to be on small bases, so you can set up 9.1" back from your chaff line; but also with reach, in case they backboard and make you go first.

This is what I've got so far:

Spoiler

Leaders
Orruk Megaboss (150)
- General
- Trait: Brutish Cunning
- Artefact: Destroyer
Orruk Warboss (140)
- Great Waaagh Banner
Orruk Warchanter (110) Fixing Beat
Wardokk (80) Brutal Beast Spirits
Maniak Weirdnob (120) Breath of Gorkamorka

Battleline
30 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (360)
30 x Savage Orruks (300)
- Stikkas
- Pig-iron Choppas

Units
8 x Savage Big Stabbas (400)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Wounds: 212

With a fair tailwind, you should be able to blast through even a 300-wound army, if all it's trying to do is tag and block.

You can buff the Gruntas and pile them in twice with Mighty Destroyer; you can use the Wizards to jack up your shooting (hitting on 4s and banging 6s), or to get your Savage Orruks hitting on 2s; your Stabbas are naturally going to be 2s and 2s, and again you can make them bang on 6s; you have loads of bodies to rack up early Waaagh; and the classic Warboss is a huge force multiplier for all of the above.  With his Waaagh every turn and the  Big Waaagh stacking with it, and old mate chipping in with Destroyer, you can put out a surreal amount of damage against poor armour saves (which Tzeentch generally has).

In terms of reach you have pigs moving twice with Might D, shooting from your Arrow Boys and Breath of Gorkamorka on your Savage Orruks / Arrow Boys.  So you can set up your screens and happily go first or second in most matchups.

You can even switch gears to make the Savage Orruks a proper tarpit (4+ save rerolling 1s with a 6++) if you need to, so that's quite a lot of flexibility from a small amount of buffing Heroes.  And although your Wizards can be +1 to cast and rerolling, you aren't too exposed to buffed unbinding, because most of your buffs just happen regardless (Mighty D, Waaaghs x2, Wardokk dance, Warchanter fun times).

Its great weaknesses are essentially unkillable stuff, so in the current meta I'm thinking OBR and Hermdar.  You might have some play against OBR if your opponent makes mistakes, but you'll struggle to do much to fights-first Slayers realistically.

What do you reckon?  Would this go ok against Tzeentch, or is it a house of cards?

Edited by PlasticCraic
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

This is what I've got so far:

Reveal hidden contents

This is great. The offensive potential of this is absolutely ridiculous. I like the trade of the idol for the stabbas. It's hard to know really but I think they would put out more damage. They don't draw near the attention the idol does. Until they get smacked in the face, but then it's already too late, lol. But then again they don't have near the treat range of the idol. Especially because they can't MD. But we want that and the warchanter for the pigs I think... So many treats on the table. Rocket pigs of doom, flying death spears, the late game sleeper Mr. Smashyface, and all while fighting in the shade!

• Like 1

What do you People think of this? I am new to aos and The list is almost ready. 

I am think of the vaule of ironfist bat. Is it good? 

The spells and art. I not ready that is to change. 

Leaders
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
- General
Wardokk (80)

Battleline
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
- 1x Gorkamorka Banner Bearers
- 1x Gorkamorka Glyph Bearers
- Pig-iron Choppas
30 x Savage Orruks (300)
- Stikkas

Units
5 x Orruk Ardboys (90)
- 1x Gorkamorka Banner Bearers
- 1x Gorkamorka Glyph Bearers
10 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (280)
4 x Savage Big Stabbas (200)

Battalions
Ironfist (160)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 190

Edited by nissefika

1 hour ago, nissefika said:

What do you People think of this? I am new to aos and The list is almost ready. 

I am think of the vaule of ironfist bat. Is it good? 

The spells and art. I not ready that is to change. 

The Ironfist is solid with the unit of 6 GG's, it's pretty much a staple

@PlasticCraic I've been daydreaming about BigStabbas in the Big waagh as well. It seems so powerful, especially when you get them into a monster. Do you think Big Waagh lists can survive withour Arrowboys? I was thinking about the below. It has some powerful threats in there:

LEADERS
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (460)
- Ethereal, Brutish Cunning, Mean-un
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Wardokk (80)
Wardokk (80)
UNITS
30 x Savage Orruks (300)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
6 x Savage Big Stabbas (300)

TOTAL: 1990/2000

WOUNDS: 172

• Like 1

Hi, I see many big waggh lists with generals carrying Brutish Cunning command trait. Is there a confirmation that simply selecting the command trait unlocks might destroyers for Big Waggh? 

If not, would buying the battalion unlock mighty destroyer for all IJ units in big Wagghh or is it just limited to the units that make up the battalion? 

59 minutes ago, alextwpip said:

Hi, I see many big waggh lists with generals carrying Brutish Cunning command trait. Is there a confirmation that simply selecting the command trait unlocks might destroyers for Big Waggh? 

If not, would buying the battalion unlock mighty destroyer for all IJ units in big Wagghh or is it just limited to the units that make up the battalion? 

It is in the designers commentary for Orruk Warclans. It doesnt “unlock” the ability, it gives you 1 use with Brutish Cunning and another if you have an Ironfist.

• Like 2

Did a 1 day tournament today to test my slaughter list. Not having the wardokk/extra ardboys painted I went with a variation.

Leaders
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (460)
- General
- Boss Gore-hacka and Choppa
- Trait: Ironclad
- Artefact: Metalrippa's Klaw
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Orruk Warchanter (110)

Battleline
- Pig-iron Choppas
20 x Orruk Ardboys (360)
5 x Orruk Brutes (140)
- Pair of Brute Choppas

Units
5 x Orruk Ardboys (90)
5 x Orruk Ardboys (90)

Battalions
Ironfist (160)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 139

Had some solid games. The list worked amazingly well, the only garbage unit was the 5 brutes who essentially functioned as a 50 point battleline tax, not sure if I would replace them with a Bonesplitterz unit to fill the battleline gap instead, ups my drop count to 6 which hurts but I get a useful unit out of it.

From the top.

Metalrippa's klaw, sweet holy gods it's shockingly vicious. I had weird un as the trait so it meant the guy on the top was the better attack profile (2+/2+/-3/3) and it appreciates not depreciates as the game goes on. Add in the 2+ save and 4+ spell ignore and you get a serious monster. 

Wurrgog prophet, just a great warscroll at a solid points cost who also gives +1 waaagh point a turn. Fist of gork absolutely hosed down a unit of 20 mortek guard doing 14 mortals and killing 10. When you need it you need it. He had bone bitz so +1 to cast native going to +2 because he 2 monsters in range, zap em for +2 and he cast it on a 12! The warcry is also just a solid spell, never became relevant but I use it as a better arcane bolt.

Warchanters.

The 20 ardboys are such a terrifying thing walking across the board, big waaagh definately need units of 15+ to guarantee the extra waaagh points don't drop after a casualty.

GG+ironfist...I abused the everliving ****** outta the hero phase charge, run and retreat to a 3" pile in. It's so disgusting I can't even begin to express it. Literally won me game 2 vs tyrants of blood because I had a free hand break mechanism vs the always strikes first.

I really enjoyed playing it, you have a bunch of great tools which let you deal with most problems. Seriously recommend trying it if you want that kind of BW list.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malakree said:

Did a 1 day tournament today to test my slaughter list. Not having the wardokk/extra ardboys painted I went with a variation.

Leaders
- General
- Trait: Ironclad
- Artefact: Metalrippa's Klaw
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Orruk Warchanter (110)

Battleline
- Pig-iron Choppas
20 x Orruk Ardboys (360)
5 x Orruk Brutes (140)
- Pair of Brute Choppas

Units
5 x Orruk Ardboys (90)
5 x Orruk Ardboys (90)

Battalions
Ironfist (160)

Total: 2000 / 2000

Had some solid games. The list worked amazingly well, the only garbage unit was the 5 brutes who essentially functioned as a 50 point battleline tax, not sure if I would replace them with a Bonesplitterz unit to fill the battleline gap instead, ups my drop count to 6 which hurts but I get a useful unit out of it.

From the top.

Metalrippa's klaw, sweet holy gods it's shockingly vicious. I had weird un as the trait so it meant the guy on the top was the better attack profile (2+/2+/-3/3) and it appreciates not depreciates as the game goes on. Add in the 2+ save and 4+ spell ignore and you get a serious monster. 

Wurrgog prophet, just a great warscroll at a solid points cost who also gives +1 waaagh point a turn. Fist of gork absolutely hosed down a unit of 20 mortek guard doing 14 mortals and killing 10. When you need it you need it. He had bone bitz so +1 to cast native going to +2 because he 2 monsters in range, zap em for +2 and he cast it on a 12! The warcry is also just a solid spell, never became relevant but I use it as a better arcane bolt.

Warchanters.

The 20 ardboys are such a terrifying thing walking across the board, big waaagh definately need units of 15+ to guarantee the extra waaagh points don't drop after a casualty.

GG+ironfist...I abused the everliving ****** outta the hero phase charge, run and retreat to a 3" pile in. It's so disgusting I can't even begin to express it. Literally won me game 2 vs tyrants of blood because I had a free hand break mechanism vs the always strikes first.

I really enjoyed playing it, you have a bunch of great tools which let you deal with most problems. Seriously recommend trying it if you want that kind of BW list.

Dont you miss the weirdnob Shaman and hand of gork ? 

And why not this list with IJ allegiance ? 

7 hours ago, Arkahn said:

Dont you miss the weirdnob Shaman and hand of gork ? 

I really don't, it's so random and the weirdnob is just a garbage caster I'd only take one for an extremely high impact spell which HoG just isn't. It's not like Gloomspite where we're slow and have trouble going round chaff or killing the enemy in a straight up fight. Sure the threat is nice but the level of mobility makes it a non-issue.

7 hours ago, Arkahn said:

And why not this list with IJ allegiance ? 

6++ save, Wurrgog Prophet, +1/+1, Zap Em

Additionally due to how the list works smashing and bashing isn't an issue, I have 2 big hitters in the cabbage, who is tanked up, and the GG's. The Ardboys are there as objective holders and a huge threatening tarpit. The unit of 20 literally tanked 4 bloodthirsters yesterday and then did 12 damage back. If I had to make any changes it would be this.

Leaders
Wurrgog Prophet (160)
Orruk Warchanter (110)
Orruk Warchanter (110)

Battleline
20 x Orruk Ardboys (360)
- Pig-iron Choppas
5 x Savage Boarboys (130)
- Stikkas

Units
5 x Orruk Ardboys (90)
5 x Orruk Ardboys (90)

Battalions
Ironfist (160)

Total: 1990 / 2000

Currently the brutes are functioning as 5 Ardboys with worse bravery. This would put the Boarboyz in their role but also give me another fast unit which can aggressively claim poorly held objectives.

• Thanks 1