Just can’t understand Terrain placement?

Keith

On 7/3/2019 at 3:10 AM, sinksinksink said:

I was at last weekend's doubles tournament at Warhammer World. They were using GHB 2019 but corrected the terrain rules to be 6" from edge, 3" from objectives and 1" from terrain. I suspect this will be the FAQ'd version.

Yep. This is exactly what it was. :)

Wow I guess they just can't get it quite right. 

In the FAQ they explicitly added "Hallowed Stormthrone" to the Primary List of terrain you can use.  What is a Hallowed Stormthrone?? The store page for the Enduring Stormvault mentions you can use 2 of the kids to make the Hallowed Stormthrone, but as far as I can tell GW has never provided instructions or illustrations for making such a piece.   

Since Sigmarite Dais and "Hallowed Stormthrone" both count as 3 picks, and just 1 enduring stormvault kit is much larger than a Sigmarite Dais, I am going to assume that "Hallowed Stormthrone" is an error and it should be "Enduring Stormvault".  There's no reason Enduring Stormvault should be excluded from the list.

Can't wait for the next FAQ to clarify this!

1 hour ago, sorokyl said:

Wow I guess they just can't get it quite right. 

In the FAQ they explicitly added "Hallowed Stormthrone" to the Primary List of terrain you can use.  What is a Hallowed Stormthrone?? The store page for the Enduring Stormvault mentions you can use 2 of the kids to make the Hallowed Stormthrone, but as far as I can tell GW has never provided instructions or illustrations for making such a piece.   

Since Sigmarite Dais and "Hallowed Stormthrone" both count as 3 picks, and just 1 enduring stormvault kit is much larger than a Sigmarite Dais, I am going to assume that "Hallowed Stormthrone" is an error and it should be "Enduring Stormvault".  There's no reason Enduring Stormvault should be excluded from the list.

Can't wait for the next FAQ to clarify this!

Google - IMG_7327.JPG

• Like 1

I was excited about the terrain placement rules as our group has a hard to break tendency to setup symmetrical placements (though pieces vary). Though now I'm remembering playing an ex-friend in old 40k alternating terrain placement and it was thoroughly unsatisfying in its lack of story or sort of logical placement to maximize tactical advantages.  Still looking forward to trying it out. 

I was happy to see Unique terrain increase to 18" tall (from 10") so we would use Warscryer Citadels, but then saddened that Unique no longer uses the warscroll and only the random table now.  So, if I understand correctly, we can use the Warscryer Citadel models without warscroll rules, but what about the garrisoning? 

Why did Dragonfate Dais go away?   I guess it was just damned in the latest warscroll anyway, so not a huge loss to be a random roll as Unique.

Mausoleums are a mixed bag in my limited experience. Don't want to put heros in them.  Skeletons with banner bravery debuff is nice. Big footprints. I like the idea that LoN has something approximating faction terrain at least. Would rather have a new warscroll for them that makes them proper faction terrain.

11 hours ago, Turragor said:

Google - IMG_7327.JPG

Fun fact about the Hallowed Stormthrone. You should be able to build it by buying 2 Enduring Stormvaults, but where do you actually get the Throne shown Picture above? I have a stormvault, but there weren't any pieces that looked like you could build a Throne with them.

2 hours ago, DrDemento said:

Why did Dragonfate Dais go away?   I guess it was just damned in the latest warscroll anyway, so not a huge loss to be a random roll as Unique.

Wasn't the Dragonfate Dais removed from the Webshop?