The Rumour Thread

42 minutes ago, AquaRegis said:

1. Fryeslayers battletome with new Foot hero "Burnprye-grudge father" 

2. SoulBlight Gravelords with 2 new androdegnous Vampire foot heroes 

3. Cities of Sigmar 2nd wave with new launch Box, squatting entire Dawnbringers range and doing the Caliis and Toll Cities infantry instead. 

4. Khorne - New mortal Foot lord who isn't a priest, and has no shirt on. 

5. Ogre Mawtribes - One female Tyrant "Busty-belch Big Melons" 

I will LOL a lot if 3 happens.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Lord Kroak said:

I don't think seraphon will be one of the first 4th edition battletomes, since they had one of the last 3rd edition ones. The saurus rumor engine is either for Warcry or Underworlds. Based on this snippet from the seraphon book, I think there might be a Warcry box later this year involving seraphon vs skaven (possibly Cult of Sotek vs Clan Pestilens, as this is an ancient rivalry).

xzmt4rqstirc1.jpeg

Like DoK AoS 2.0 - 3.0?

@Ejecutor DoK  had a Battletome on Feb 2021 and a new one on May 2022 with compatible Battletomes between editions.

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Like Kurnothi or Eshin clan? When Whitefang speaks doesn't mean that a huge release is coming. A loney warboss on a chariot could be the "famous Gitmob coming". Gloomspite is gonna change a lot when only the Arachnarok and shaman  still like the only Spiderfang units.

That's two different points though. In both those cases the community interpreted what Whitefang was saying incorrectly in regards to scale but not timing. It is possible that we're just getting a gitmob hero or a single chariot. I agree about that, but the gitmob release that Whitefang hinted at will probably release in a year or so. If it's small that's all we're getting. Whitefang probably doesn't know any more about 5th edition than anyone else. 

Just now, Lord Kroak said:

This was an anomaly, most likely due to the impact of Covid.

Both were delayed a few months, so even in the best scenario both were planned with less than a year for both launch dates.

We have multiple cases on the GW history of late codex/Battletome being one of the first next edition. They want that to cycling them and avoid that always the same armies become the strongest ones every edition.

4 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

We have multiple cases on the GW history of late codex/Battletome being one of the first next edition. They want that to cycling them and avoid that always the same armies become the strongest ones every edition.

It happens, but it's extremely rare. Hence why there's a greater probability of it not occurring with the seraphon book.

Just now, Lord Kroak said:

How do you know this?

Because with old battletomes (<2023) the date of when they want to release a book is printed on the point table. Books are send to print months before the release.

1 minute ago, Nezzhil said:

Because with old battletomes (<2023) the date of when they want to release a book is printed on the point table. Books are send to print months before the release.

That's the date of actual publication, not the date of writing or originally planned publication.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Lord Kroak said:

That's the date of actual publication, not the date of writing or originally planned publication.

Before always was the same and the month there was always the launchment month, but COVID made that not accuracy anymore. They changed that with 2023 books using Battlescroll dates.

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Even the latest ones have the date on the tables.

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Even the latest ones have the date on the tables.

I explained that later, since 2023 the date looks to be attached to the Battlescroll instead the release date.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Seraphon only gets a singular Saurus hero with their Battletome, it would be disappointing though.

GW has this weird inexplicable record of leaving one or two kits that are dated and don't match the high standards of the rest of the range. Seraphon as a faction feels so close to being "complete" to me. New Saurus Guard, a new Saurus Hero, some new Skinks and a new big dino (I would love to see a huge Brachiosaurus-inspired centrepiece) and the Seraphon range would be good for... well, forever.

I'd love to hear some good reasoning as to why they always seem to do this. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

14 minutes ago, Hollow said:

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Seraphon only gets a singular Saurus hero with their Battletome, it would be disappointing though.

GW has this weird inexplicable record of leaving one or two kits that are dated and don't match the high standards of the rest of the range. Seraphon as a faction feels so close to being "complete" to me. New Saurus Guard, a new Saurus Hero, some new Skinks and a new big dino (I would love to see a huge Brachiosaurus-inspired centrepiece) and the Seraphon range would be good for... well, forever.

Maybe their capacity limitations?

Sure, practical logistics will always play their part but I wonder if there is also a kind of creative "narrative" in place at the design studio. Where they want to have a range of kits from different periods to maintain a sort of "ever-evolving" feeling when it comes to factions? 

Or it could just be simple - Saurus Guard, Skinks, Golbins, Grave Guard...etc still sell well enough not to be replaced. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Hollow said:

Unfortunately I don't know the real reason for this, but I suppose it's to give themselves a reason to sell more new kit later on.

If they were released all at once, players would stick with their initial purchase and wouldn't add to it. By doing it this way, it generates frustration and therefore expectation... Easier to buy when it's finally released.

Of course, this is just my opinion, but I wouldn't be surprised if GW worked like that. And I absolutely hate it ! (Where are my flagellants and grave guards???)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Draznak said:

Unfortunately I don't know the real reason for this, but I suppose it's to give themselves a reason to sell more new kit later on.

If they were released all at once, players would stick with their initial purchase and wouldn't add to it. By doing it this way, it generates frustration and therefore expectation... Easier to buy when it's finally released.

Of course, this is just my opinion, but I wouldn't be surprised if GW worked like that. And I absolutely hate it ! (Where are my flagellants and grave guards???)

Flagelants will be with us on 4th ;)

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Hollow said:

Sure, practical logistics will always play their part but I wonder if there is also a kind of creative "narrative" in place at the design studio. Where they want to have a range of kits from different periods to maintain a sort of "ever-evolving" feeling when it comes to factions? 

Or it could just be simple - Saurus Guard, Skinks, Golbins, Grave Guard...etc still sell well enough not to be replaced. 

They probably sell well because they're core staples for their respective factions, make a new version of the kit: get even more people into the faction and even some people to rebuy units they already have

• Like 1

All I want for 4.0 in terms of releases are the following now that BOC and BS have been squatted;

Ogor Mawtribes refresh.

Fyreslayers Wave 2.

Kharadron Overlords Wave 2.

Idoneth Deepkin Wave 2.

If they can squeeze in another Kruelboyz and Gitz Wave thats perfect but also just my Destruction bias showing!!

• Like 10

54 minutes ago, Hollow said:

It is strategy. You know that new people doesn't need to buy everything and old owners will still feel attached to that army so they can rebuilding it.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Chikout said:

I would have assumed that too but gitmob has been pretty much the only thing Whitefang has been teasing and they don't tend to talk about anything too far away. Because of this  I'm now expecting Gloomspite to get the first larger release of the edition. The only other thing we've heard concrete rumours about after launch is Chaos Duardin but the rumours are suggesting they aren't coming for a while. 

I can see it as a release similar to the timeline and the amount that the Kroot release happens for Tau.

it could be smaller like Sylvaneth release in the last edition but still a substantial release as well.

Edited by novakai

1 hour ago, Hollow said:

This is probably done to stagger out releases, build hype and ensure that by drip feeding they can sell models over a period of time. 

If you buy two boxes of new Saurus then in two years you are more likely to buy the new temple guard updates. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1