The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Um, where's the new firebrand and the MTO stuff? I think the list is incomplete

MTO never appears in the prices list, and if the Firebrand is not there it is also MTO/ online only.

Just now, PraetorDragoon said:

Direct to order I guess? Those tend to not show up on those retailer lists.

Ah, makes sense

Btw, where are the Faction Focuses for AoS 4th ed? GW, do you really want to sell people on AoS at all?????

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

I don't think we even saw 50% of the content. Especially if there's terrain inside, plus I think we will see more than the box. I expect part of the follow-up models.

Something more should be shown. 1 hour of preview for only a couple of héroes/units and terrain its a lot of time.

I was hopping for other games, but its more realistic other units for skavens/stormcast out of the box.

Maybe today they Will make an article speaking more of the preview.

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

I don't think we even saw 50% of the content. Especially if there's terrain inside, plus I think we will see more than the box. I expect part of the follow-up models.

Something more should be shown. 1 hour of preview for only a couple of héroes/units and terrain its a lot of time.

I was hopping for other games, but its more realistic other units for skavens/stormcast out of the box.

Maybe today they Will make an article speaking more of the preview.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, novakai said:

No that be Season of War: Gallet/Andtor/ Where on Ghur is my Spider Incarnate, GW?

Oh no!, The STD Terrain Faction is related to DW6, the non UK plastic problem strikes again. 

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Btw, where are the Faction Focuses for AoS 4th ed? GW, do you really want to sell people on AoS at all?????

I was hoping they'd be starting this week, but as they haven't mentioned them I suspect they'll be kicking off after the box showing event thing.  Though, tbh, I imagine the people who care about faction focus articles on GWs own hype site are people who're already pretty sold on AoS!

Edited by Lucentia

Just now, Lucentia said:

I was hoping they'd be starting this week, but as they haven't mentioned them I suspect they'll be kicking off after the box showing event thing.

I think they will start showing them this week. Otherwise we won't have them all before the preorder announcement and the expected indexes release date.

I really hope we start a massive hype build for 4.0, as someone who doesnt care at all for rules and besides the Launch Box minis thats all that we've been shown.

I feel with DB6 not out in the wild GW cant post Lore articles without major spoilers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingBrodd said:

I really hope we start a massive hype build for 4.0, as someone whi doesnt care at all for rules and besides the Launch Box minis thats all that we've been shown.

I feel witg DB6 not out in the wild GW cant post Lore articles without major spoilers.

As far as I know Vermidoom occurs months or years (I think the former rings a bell in my head) after DB6, so IMO showing lore for the edition should be quite safe, unless they mention the main elements of the DB plot (Hammerhall or the newly founded cities).

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I think they will start showing them this week. Otherwise we won't have them all before the preorder announcement and the expected indexes release date.

they can still do 2 per day if needed, I don't think Faction Focuses are such a massive draw for the new edition anyway -as always, I think most people don't care much about the rules and rules don't drive sales so much

7 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

as someone whi doesnt care at all for rules

As someone who just care about rules, the hype path has been pretty disappointing aswell.

They've been shoving out multiple articles a week, alongside the model drip-feed. If the 10th ed 40k marketing roll-out is anything to judge by, the faction focus articles will likely be very thin on content. I'm not sure what else there is to push on the 'hype train' apart from the box contents reveal anyway?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

They've been shoving out multiple articles a week, alongside the model drip-feed. If the 10th ed 40k marketing roll-out is anything to judge by, the faction focus articles will likely be very thin on content. I'm not sure what else there is to push on the 'hype train' apart from the box contents reveal anyway?

Just...I dunno it doesnt have the same hype levels as 3.0 did for me, maybe its a personal thing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Just...I dunno it doesnt have the same hype levels as 3.0 did for me, maybe its a personal thing.

I felt more hype with all the random leaks here and there than with the warcom articles (minis aside).

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I felt more hype with all the random leaks here and there than with the warcom articles (minis aside).

That may be it!! The Community is hyping the release better than James himself!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Garrac said:

Ah, makes sense

Our intel suggests it’s releasing a week later than Leviathan last year. Faction focus articles started this week last year, so next week seems fair though I also wouldn’t be surprised if they start after the box reveal.

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

I really hope we start a massive hype build for 4.0, as someone whi doesnt care at all for rules and besides the Launch Box minis thats all that we've been shown.

I feel witg DB6 not out in the wild GW cant post Lore articles without major spoilers.

What else do you expect? If you don’t care for rules, a new edition is really just two new ranges. We’ve seen 5 new kits so far with another coming today. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, dmorley21 said:

What else do you expect?

Deep lore development. They did just unleash an entire city and there has to be greater ramifications from it. 

8 minutes ago, dmorley21 said:

a new edition is really just two new ranges

In this case it's just updates mostly. 

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Vasshpit said:

Deep lore development. They did just unleash an entire city and there has to a greater affect from it. 

In this case it's just updates mostly. 

I’m assuming the lore will be after the box is revealed/DB6. I really don’t remember much lore with 3.0 though. 

And yeah, just updates this time but Skaven have been a long time coming.

My point is, if you don’t care about rules or gameplay, I don’t think a new edition will be as exciting for you. Everyone I know who plays or who is considering playing is amped about the new edition and Spearhead.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, dmorley21 said:

Our intel suggests it’s releasing a week later than Leviathan last year. Faction focus articles started this week last year, so next week seems fair though I also wouldn’t be surprised if they start after the box reveal.

What else do you expect? If you don’t care for rules, a new edition is really just two new ranges. We’ve seen 5 new kits so far with another coming today. 

2 minutes ago, dmorley21 said:

I’m assuming the lore will be after the box is revealed/DB6. I really don’t remember much lore with 3.0 though. 

And yeah, just updates this time but Skaven have been a long time coming.

My point is, if you don’t care about rules or gameplay, I don’t think a new edition will be as exciting for you. Everyone I know who plays or who is considering playing is amped about the new edition and Spearhead.

LORE.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

DB 6, lore development, factions focus... I sense a lot of impatience here.

AoS 4th doesn't come out for another 2 months. It will have plenty to fill every day from 17 May when they unveil the launch box.

The focus factions alone only take 23 days.

2 minutes ago, Draznak said:

DB 6, lore development, factions focus... I sense a lot of impatience here.

AoS 4th doesn't come out for another 2 months. It will have plenty to fill every day from 17 May when they unveil the launch box.

The focus factions alone only take 23 days.

A bit more than 1 month. Just another 40 days until the box is announced for preorders! Considering 23 days are needed for Faction Focus, as you said, then we only have 7 working days available for news.

"Compete against your friends using rules from the BRAND NEW EDITION AGE OF SIGMAR!
Included in your ticket are:
One pre-assembled and primed blind box of Spearhead models
An introduction to the Spearhead format from the people who designed it!
Two games on both Friday and Saturday evening (these will not interfere with the Grand Tournament schedule)
Spearhead is a new format of Age of Sigmar with simplified rules that ensures fast, exciting, and intense game play with rounds usually lasting about an hour! This is the perfect opportunity to become familiar with the new edition of Age of Sigmar before it releases and earn a competitive edge!

Due to the nature of this event, photography will not be allowed"

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/us-open-dallas-the-age-of-sigmar-spearhead-event-tickets-830091454887

Leakers assemble!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1