The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

I don't understand, GW has said they will be updating Legends rules for 4e? They are even keeping all of the squatted Legends rules up to date until 5e.

Grombrindal is going straight to legends, of course he'll get a 4e scroll...

He'll get a 3rd edition warscroll, as he'll be released next month. GW has no history of updating legends warscrolls.

Because of changes to bravery and other mechanics, all 3rd edition legends warscrolls will automatically become invalid at the turn of the edition. Therefore Grombrindal will automatically become invalid at 4th edition.

I think what you're getting confused about is that bonesplitterz, beasts etc are getting indexes. These won't be legends rules. They're matched play rules that will be valid until summer 2025, when they'll go to legends.

6 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

I was thinking....what if the bomb RE is a dual build option for Globadiers?

Maybe a unit with "normal" bombs option that shares the kit...sort of sabouteur unit.

What was the last dual kit of this type? Slaanesh Twinsouls? It feels like this kind of thing is not very common for AoS anymore. 

Just now, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

What was the last dual kit of this type? Slaanesh Twinsouls? It feels like this kind of thing is not very common for AoS anymore. 

And especially in units. Feels that the last cases have been all for heroes getting non-named versions.

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Kroxigor! coming in regular and warspawned flavors. 

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

1 minute ago, DinoJon said:

Kroxigor! coming in regular and warspawned flavors. 

Also Ironjawz Brute Ragerz/Weirdbrute Wrekkaz.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Maybe a unit with "normal" bombs option that shares the kit...sort of sabouteur unit.

Checking this it would have to be either the Globadiers or the Weapon Teams.

16 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Checking this it would have to be either the Globadiers or the Weapon Teams.

29 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

🧠 I'm imagining some Eshin-esque cyborg-ninja rats with Skryre-esque warp-punk NV/IR goggles and grenades... maybe they even kept us waiting, huh?

Don't wake me from my daydream... 😍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

He'll get a 3rd edition warscroll, as he'll be released next month. GW has no history of updating legends warscrolls.

Because of changes to bravery and other mechanics, all 3rd edition legends warscrolls will automatically become invalid at the turn of the edition. Therefore Grombrindal will automatically become invalid at 4th edition.

I think what you're getting confused about is that bonesplitterz, beasts etc are getting indexes. These won't be legends rules. They're matched play rules that will be valid until summer 2025, when they'll go to legends.

Also worth noting that the digital Battletomes for beasts, BS and wizardcasts will get rule and point balences thoughtout all of 4th edition. 

They are going to legends in summer 2025 which only means they aren't supported at GW official events. 

13 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

🧠 I'm imagining some Eshin-esque cyborg-ninja rats with Skryre-esque warp-punk NV/IR goggles and grenades... maybe they even kept us waiting, huh?

Don't wake me from my daydream... 😍

Joke about Cyborg rats, but look at that leg from the new Warlock. They are advancing the Cyborgs tech.

• LOVE IT! 2

58 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

FTA https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/04/04/whats-leaving-the-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-range/

Two factions, Beasts of Chaos and Bonesplitterz, as well as a number of older Stormcast Eternals from the Sacrosanct and Warrior chambers, will be receiving free-to-download digital battletomes. These will feature new background and rules, and will be considered legal for use in competitive play until summer 2025. At this point they will move over to Warhammer Legends, and will no longer be supported for competitive play. 

We encourage you to continue using your collection for casual play, and we will continue to support this content with rules and balance updates as needed throughout the edition.

if everything is getting rewritten and GW has plans for updating Legends in 2025, I don't really see a reason to think everything in Legends 3e will disappear for good.

1 minute ago, CommissarRotke said:

FTA https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/04/04/whats-leaving-the-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-range/

Two factions, Beasts of Chaos and Bonesplitterz, as well as a number of older Stormcast Eternals from the Sacrosanct and Warrior chambers, will be receiving free-to-download digital battletomes. These will feature new background and rules, and will be considered legal for use in competitive play until summer 2025. At this point they will move over to Warhammer Legends, and will no longer be supported for competitive play. 

We encourage you to continue using your collection for casual play, and we will continue to support this content with rules and balance updates as needed throughout the edition.

if everything is getting rewritten and GW has plans for updating Legends in 2025, I don't really see a reason to think everything in Legends 3e will disappear for good.

I think you're getting confused. They're giving matched play rules to those squatted units. By summer 2025, they will be moved to legends.

It doesn't say they're updating legends warscrolls. For instance, GW won't rewrite the warscrolls for old legends units like the chaos warmammoth or the sky cutter chariot, so they can be used in 4th edition. 

Grombrindal will be in that category, as a 3rd ed legend warscroll that won't be updated in 4th edition.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Also worth noting that the digital Battletomes for beasts, BS and wizardcasts will get rule and point balences thoughtout all of 4th edition.

It's a nice thought, but I cannot fail to notice that, even before the official announcement of the removal, Bonesplitterz were completely ignored by battlescolls for quite a while. My expectation is a very minimal effort for both the indexes and the updating thereof (unless there's something completely out of whack there)

Edited by Marcvs
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Joke about Cyborg rats, but look at that leg from the new Warlock. They are advancing the Cyborgs tech.

Yep! Plus there's all the legacy WHFB rats with mech arms/legs/eyes and Veskit from Mordheim with his exosuit and cyborg chest/organs/eye. I doubt it's what we're getting now but still might be something we get later on 🤩

5 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

It's a nice thought, but I cannot fail but notice that, even before the official announcement of the removal, Bonesplitterz were completely ignored by battlescolls for quite a while. My expectation is a very minimal effort for both the indexes and the updating thereof (unless there's something completely out of whack there)

Yes, you can see the direction of travel in that BoC didn't receive any points tweak in the latest battlescroll, after the squatting announcement. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

By summer 2025, they will be moved to legends.

Just thinking about it, but it is still kinda annoying, that they don't let these armies be played until the end of the edition! I mean, even if they don't have an official Battletome, GW will not release all the battletomes up until summer 2025 anyway. Also, what's SO heard to adjust the points? They could let us play with our miniatures until the of the edition even if we're under-powered rather than just cut us all-together during summer.

This will mean that Beastmen (and probably Wood Elves) will be released for Old World at the latest in Summer 2025. They are probably scared that people would go buy those and make sales for old world,, just to play them in AoS. But I mean, this is really curious, since people are going to buy Old World minis for AoS anyway (and the same goes the other way around, I just saw someone playing Orks and Gobbos in Old World, using mostly Gloomspite and I think he also had some 3D-printed ork chariots, some weeks ago).

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Yes, you can see the direction of travel in that BoC didn't receive any points tweak in the latest battlescroll, after the squatting announcement.

We received nearly no points changes for the last 3 point changes..... I think only the Bestigors got 10 points cheaper!

8 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

yeah, same for the removed Stormcast units

10 minutes ago, Son Of Morghur said:

Just thinking about it, but it is still kinda annoying, that they don't let these armies be played until the end of the edition! I mean, even if they don't have an official Battletome, GW will not release all the battletomes up until summer 2025 anyway. Also, what's SO heard to adjust the points? They could let us play with our miniatures until the of the edition even if we're under-powered rather than just cut us all-together during summer.

This will mean that Beastmen (and probably Wood Elves) will be released for Old World at the latest in Summer 2025. They are probably scared that people would go buy those and make sales for old world,, just to play them in AoS. But I mean, this is really curious, since people are going to buy Old World minis for AoS anyway (and the same goes the other way around, I just saw someone playing Orks and Gobbos in Old World, using mostly Gloomspite and I think he also had some 3D-printed ork chariots, some weeks ago).

Even leaving them a bit OP for the time being wouldn't make any damage as a little sweet.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Son Of Morghur said:

Think it’s just doing things sooner and not dragging their feet on something, also they don’t want to commit to it for that long.

could be that they are planning a new Beast army a year in the edition but marketing won’t reveal things more then 3 months in advance either way.

or maybe office politics are strict and things have to be gone in deadlines

Edited by novakai

2 minutes ago, novakai said:

Think it’s just doing things sooner and not dragging their feet on something, also they don’t want to commit to it for that long.

could be that they are planning a new Beast army a year in the edition but marketing won’t reveal things more then 3 months in advance either way.

or maybe office politics are strict and things have to be gone in deadlines

It is complicated for that to happen when we know Chorfs are on its way.

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

It is complicated for that to happen when we know Chorfs are on its way.

Well it could just be that they had to open a spot in Grand Alliance Chaos for Chorfs as well I guess. And beast just had to go lol

1 hour ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

I think you're getting confused. They're giving matched play rules to those squatted units. By summer 2025, they will be moved to legends.

It doesn't say they're updating legends warscrolls. For instance, GW won't rewrite the warscrolls for old legends units like the chaos warmammoth or the sky cutter chariot, so they can be used in 4th edition. 

Grombrindal will be in that category, as a 3rd ed legend warscroll that won't be updated in 4th edition.

what i'm saying is that we don't know that for sure, because we don't. Grombrindal is so close to 4e it doesn't make sense to me to assume he'll be dropped like a rock when it launches.

sure maybe really old stuff like warmammoth and skycutters won't go into 4e Legends, but if they're doing this for a LARGE chunk of squatted models, why wouldn't they include more of existing Legends during their rewrites..? do we really think that Bonesplitters, Beasts, and Sacrosanct will be the only models in 4e Legends?

1 minute ago, CommissarRotke said:

what i'm saying is that we don't know that for sure, because we don't. Grombrindal is so close to 4e it doesn't make sense to me to assume he'll be dropped like a rock when it launches.

sure maybe really old stuff like warmammoth and skycutters won't go into 4e Legends, but if they're doing this for a LARGE chunk of squatted models, why wouldn't they include more of existing Legends during their rewrites..? do we really think that Bonesplitters, Beasts, and Sacrosanct will be the only models in 4e Legends?

How long did we have available in the store the Stormcast and Krule? For more than a month, right? Grombri has to come next month, but the Stormcast and Krule were kind of a long-term preorder. In fact IIRC they will arrive once 4th edition has starter. If the same approach is done for Grombri we could receive him for 4th edition straight.

Also, let's assume that he will get his rules in the big chunky 500th WD, it is the most likely scenario, but what stops GW from releasing 10 numbers later a new version of the rules for the 4th edition? I think we will see him around for more than we think.

• Like 1