The Rumour Thread

23 minutes ago, DeLewko said:

Gw has a tendency lately to leave 1 elite infantry untouched when redoing a line, see seraphon with temple guard and sbg with grave guard. No idea when they will update those kits. Theory floating around was that they left it for warcry update, but it has been 3 years since sbg was released and we still have them.. 

they will 100% be updated since we got the test models through WHU and I hope its pretty soon 

I honestly don't think it's any deeper than "When did this kit come out? 8th ed? Let it ride for a few more years.".

Although Grave Guard definitely deserve better.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

What about daemons like pink horrors or the coloured gods? GW wants to move away from that too? We are talking about marines etc but isnt this the same problem? 

I think it would be great to not have daemons locked into a scheme. I know it isnt a rule, but ive never seen anyone move away from the GW scheme.

Pink Horrors and Blue Horrors I think are pretty different sizes and on different sized bases, I think that's how they are told apart rather than necessarily the colour. Despite the name.

6 hours ago, novakai said:

Don’t know about that the more recent warbands have been buy one for collection but not a going to be a main part of your army.

they look like they turning away from players that buying 30 Slitterfangs to make up your army and now warbands being just a one off  flavorful unit now. with maybe a niche utility use.

That's why I think there are two types of warbands released nowadays. Is the full warband the same? It is a full unit. Ex: Gorgers or Wildercorpeses. Even the River Temple. Do you have a mix-and-match like the latest Sylvaneth or OBR? Those are the ones that have bigger chances to be rotated from AoS later on.

5 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

I'm feeling pretty good and haven't posted lately. I hope y'all are having a fantastic night or day!

With the design finalization of stormcast coming in strong I'd love either a updated or suitable challenger for the MEGABOSS of megabosses, Gordrakk. It's showing enough of early AoS design to warrant my claims and to have his thunder stolen like it was does need a recoconsilition. 

Rando, I know. 

Night yall. ✌️

Yesssssss. He needs updating because as of now, with his generic alt build, he just seems to be an average Boss.

He needs the Ghazkhull treatment!!

• Like 2

I do wonder if the Hell Crown teases will be an ‘Battle for Oghram’ style launch box campaign - ‘Does Hell Crown fall or is it saved?’.

Engagement numbers on Leviathan seem to show it was a good PR move at least

Edited by RollSixxess
I googled how to spell Oghram
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

I'm feeling pretty good and haven't posted lately. I hope y'all are having a fantastic night or day!

With the design finalization of stormcast coming in strong I'd love either a updated or suitable challenger for the MEGABOSS of megabosses, Gordrakk. It's showing enough of early AoS design to warrant my claims and to have his thunder stolen like it was does need a recoconsilition. 

Rando, I know. 

Night yall. ✌️

I feel weird that we are asking for redos of AoS minis. For example the other day one guy was asking to redo a Nigthaunt series of minis from 2018.

Wouldn't be better if rather than putting those resources on refreshing minis, that still look nice, the team expanded those ranges instead?

• Like 1

I was thinking similarly about the Riverblades. I’d prefer if they’re 2 warscrolls for use in AoS. Aesthetically I’d prefer 5 led by the senechal as 1 unit, and the 5 less armoured guys as a separate unit. The makeup is fine for a Warcry warband but not sure how good it will look as a mixed unit in AoS.
By comparison, if you had to take 5 less armoured guys along in a unit of elite Bladelords would not look as good to me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

New 4th edition models reveals

Liberators Reforged – Heed Sigmar's Call With the First Miniature of the  New Edition - Warhammer Community

AoS Reclusian Apr15 Image1

there also this rumor teasing about this free city of Hell Crown

image(6).png.9fd419fd7c2d8a13b6dbd6aed198bcee.png

oh and there been a bunch of model squatting including Beast of chaos, Bonesplitterz, Sacrosanct Stormcast & some miscelaneous resin models like Valkyia, Scyalla, Blue Scribes, Epidemius, eternity warden ect ect.

so a bunch of stuff happen

What a ride to miss! A rollercoaster of emotions.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RollSixxess said:

I do wonder if the Hell Crown teases will be an ‘Battle for Oghram’ style launch box campaign - ‘Does Hell Crown fall or is it saved?’.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

5 hours ago, Danaork said:

i have already seen the models on instagram but i don't have heard talking about Hell Crown.

It is the city that appeared on the April Fools post and the map appeared on a recent stream that was uploaded to YT.

31 minutes ago, RollSixxess said:

But we already have that running in the GW stores. Wouldn't be a be weird to have two campaigns pretty similar between them one right after the other?

44 minutes ago, GrimDork said:

I was thinking similarly about the Riverblades. I’d prefer if they’re 2 warscrolls for use in AoS. Aesthetically I’d prefer 5 led by the senechal as 1 unit, and the 5 less armoured guys as a separate unit. The makeup is fine for a Warcry warband but not sure how good it will look as a mixed unit in AoS.
By comparison, if you had to take 5 less armoured guys along in a unit of elite Bladelords would not look as good to me.

If warcry units get cut from battletomes that'd be pretty dumb. I think you have to remember that AoS isn't WFB though, not every mini in a unit has to be identical and rank up and if it bothers you so much you can proxy them, get 2 sets and group the fully armoured guys into one unit and less armoured guys into another.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Luperci said:

If warcry units get cut from battletomes that'd be pretty dumb. I think you have to remember that AoS isn't WFB though, not every mini in a unit has to be identical and rank up and if it bothers you so much you can proxy them, get 2 sets and group the fully armoured guys into one unit and less armoured guys into another.

True, that’s a reasonable workaround.

9 minutes ago, Luperci said:

True, but the same is true for WFB/TOW. Not every mini has to look the same in a unit. The front rank is important, after that you have a lot of freedom in how you do the unit + you can use unit fillers to make small diorama's.

So for both games you are no so limited as people think.

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, MitGas said:

The classic colors for each God are the typical choices but frankly you can paint a chaotic force however you please. Yep, blur or green or red or purple might be the go-to choice but those colors are not set in stone, usually just a form of superstition (as in lucky colors) and frankly have been modified, expanded upon and changed over the years anyways. 

I don't know if the other factions had something similar, but I really liked this bit from the previous edition of the Hedonites book. Made it clear that it really was up to the painter's whims to decide what colours to use. 

20240417_161048.jpg

Edited by Big Kim Woof-Woof
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

Bit of a random one, but have there been any solid rumours about Grombrindal coming out with the 500th edition of White Dwarf? Pretty sure I was hearing talk about it but just wanted to check 😂

Nothing rumoured, just speculation and guesses /whislisting. The only thing we know is that would be a chunkier WD.

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Nothing rumoured, just speculation and guesses /whislisting. The only thing we know is that would be a chunkier WD.

Ah fair enough, I had thought we had a reliable rumermonger talking about a model being in production.

1 minute ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

If there isn't a miniature to go along White Dwarf 500, that's a big missed opportunity.

I am pretty confident it won't be. Or if it is, get ready for a 40 - 50 € WD.

52 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

I don't know if the other factions had something similar, but I really liked this bit from the previous edition of the Hedonites book. Made it clear that it really was up to the painter's whims to decide what colours to use. 

20240417_161048.jpg

This makes me wish for new demonettes sculpts. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

This makes me wish for new demonettes sculpts. 

I wouldn't object to that. But the fact that the parts are designed to be compatible with the Seekers and the Chariots means that they'd probably have to re-do the whole kaboodle.  Can't see that happening any time soon. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

Ah fair enough, I had thought we had a reliable rumermonger talking about a model being in production.

Whitefang once hearted me when I brought up an interview where David Guymer (who wrote the Grombrindal novel) said he was contacted about doing a tie in for a future Grombrindal model. 

• Like 4