The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, KingBrodd said:

We have just over a week until the Summer Skirmish Preview, lets hedge some bets on what we think will be seen and what we hope will be seen!!

For Warcry Im gunna assume that the Nurgle Swamp Warband and Horns of Hashut will feature in the box alongside some awesome Ghurish terrain.

For Underworlds we will see the rumoured Witch Hunter Warband!!

Warcry - Full boxset reveal (Swamp Warband vs Horns of Hashut), confirmation of it being a new edition, "keep an eye on WarCom for more information!"

Underworlds - Witch Hunters

Kill-Team - Karskin vs Genestealers (upgrade kit?)

Blood Bowl - Chaos Dwarfs 

Necromunda - Scavies?

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

My gut is telling me that its Hashut vs Kruleboyz. Dominion, Harrowdeep, the magezine thing and some other stuff all had Kruleboyz.

Im hoping for Sourbreath Troggs or Spiderfang.

We've already seen a tease of the Swamp Humans which strongly suggests it'll be them versus the already revealed Hashut, otherwise I'd agree.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

We've already seen a tease of the Swamp Humans which strongly suggests it'll be them versus the already revealed Hashut, otherwise I'd agree.

Ah yes forgot about those. Last time we had something similar it was imperial guard stuff. But i agree that it seems like a good match for the rumours this time.

7 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

We have just over a week until the Summer Skirmish Preview, lets hedge some bets on what we think will be seen and what we hope will be seen!!

For Warcry Im gunna assume that the Nurgle Swamp Warband and Horns of Hashut will feature in the box alongside some awesome Ghurish terrain.

For Underworlds we will see the rumoured Witch Hunter Warband!!

I’m going Seraphon for underworlds 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Warcry - Full boxset reveal (Swamp Warband vs Horns of Hashut), confirmation of it being a new edition, "keep an eye on WarCom for more information!"

Necromunda - Scavies?

I don't think it wil be a new edition, seems more like ash wastes for necromunda, a new setting, slight expansion and tweak of the rules, but ultimately the same game as before. 

i know they are addicted to a short edition cycle for the main games, but I don't think they can afford to keep reinventing the wheel for every side game. Look at underworlds, how much actually changes from one season to he nexf?

I dont think warcry needs new rules. Just clean up the rules and give us some awesome terrain. I like the idea of seasons with additional goodness u may or may not use besides the base rules of the game.

Edited by Gitzdee

3 hours ago, Jetlife said:

I’m going Seraphon for underworlds 

While I'd love to see more Seraphon we already know that last two warbands of this season from a very reliable individual who correct predicted every other warband this season. They will be Witch Hunters and Khorne. I hope we see both warbands. They are both probably going to come out in the next three months.

The warcry starter will probably feature the Rotmire creed and the Horns of Hashut. It looks like the legionaries are also a warband. The big question is whether we are actually going to see any  non chaos warbands this time out. 

It was a pretty big disappointment that despite the change of setting, the actual warbands are just more chaos humans even if the minis themselves are quite cool. 

I'm also curious to see what's in store for Kill team. The all new kill teams have been pretty good but the upgrade sprues have been a bit disappointing for the most part. A new box with two all new Kill teams would be tempting especially if one of them is Leagues of Votann.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Chikout said:

While I'd love to see more Seraphon we already know that last two warbands of this season from a very reliable individual who correct predicted every other warband this season. They will be Witch Hunters and Khorne. I hope we see both warbands. They are both probably going to come out in the next three months.

The warcry starter will probably feature the Rotmire creed and the Horns of Hashut. It looks like the legionaries are also a warband. The big question is whether we are actually going to see any  non chaos warbands this time out. 

It was a pretty big disappointment that despite the change of setting, the actual warbands are just more chaos humans even if the minis themselves are quite cool. 

I'm also curious to see what's in store for Kill team. The all new kill teams have been pretty good but the upgrade sprues have been a bit disappointing for the most part. A new box with two all new Kill teams would be tempting especially if one of them is Leagues of Votann.

Im hoping that those 3 are the only Chaos Warbands and the rest are from other Alliances. If you change the setting to Ghur and continue with only Chaos I will be so disspointed in the loss of potential.

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

The Votann trailer was also set on a space hulk, so I think tha t is entirely possible. If they do dwarves vs genestealers then I'd actually get a kill team set for once!

I feel that warcry is kind of tapping out the chaos concepts. Besides doing the big four, they're already covering a lot of design space. If they keep doing more, they run the risk of starting to repeat themselves. 

Shaking things up with non chaos lets them move into unexplored territory again!

• LOVE IT! 1

14 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Necromunda - Scavies?

It's just what I was thinking and I don't want it to happen, because it will be a great expense for me 😅

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't see Vottan in this new KT box, the robot clearly bears the symbol of adeptus ministurom, and on twitter GW said he was part of a team  ( not scenery or part of the game). And at the end of the video we hear a roar.. 

I would love for this second phase of KT to focus on closed environments, with killzones from different places on one ship, and kill teams that fit her..  inq, genestealers, vottan, rogue trader and gullepox again, freebooterz, chaos corsairs.. etcetc

Edited by zamerion
  • Like 1

The Karskin are on differently painted bases to the rest of the Guard leaks, which match up with the bomb-disposal drone GW teased and would strongly imply they're one half of the Kill-Team box. So far every box after Octarius has been New Model Team vs Upgrade Set Team, so I doubt League are included (unfortunately). 

3 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

I don't think it wil be a new edition, seems more like ash wastes for necromunda, a new setting, slight expansion and tweak of the rules, but ultimately the same game as before. 

i know they are addicted to a short edition cycle for the main games, but I don't think they can afford to keep reinventing the wheel for every side game. Look at underworlds, how much actually changes from one season to he nexf?

The game's icon/banner has changed design, which is usually a strong indication it's an edition change. Plus it perfectly fits the timing of the three year cycle and it was this time Kill Team 2021 was being shown off. A new edition - even if not all that much changes with the actual ruleset - is also a massive jolt for the game's marketing and War Cry really suffered from coming out a few months prior to Covid before it could fully find it's feet.

Underworlds is a bit of a unique case since the format is closer to that of how a Living TCG operates than a typical wargame.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

2 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

The Votann trailer was also set on a space hulk, so I think tha t is entirely possible. If they do dwarves vs genestealers then I'd actually get a kill team set for once!

I feel that warcry is kind of tapping out the chaos concepts. Besides doing the big four, they're already covering a lot of design space. If they keep doing more, they run the risk of starting to repeat themselves. 

Shaking things up with non chaos lets them move into unexplored territory again!

I just love the idea of Jungle themed Warbands!! What does a jungle team of Fyreslayers or KO look like? What about Ossiarchs who have collected bones from jungle beasts? What kind of Troggs live in the jungle?!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Chikout said:

Yes, it is Witch hunters and dogs, and brutes with priest for Khorne

Edited by Norray
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

As much as I would love some more seraphon I wonder what the warband would be composed of. It seems like they already had quite a general medley in their last warband.

The starter set had a good Ulgu theme. A witch hunter warband makes sense and seems to already have been previewed in the artwork. I am not quite sure apart from vampires/ FEC and more malarion aelves what else we have in the lore that is very shadowy. 

Regarding warcry, if I remember correctly the map is close to a sylvaneth and an ogor site. Hence if there is any purpose to be in this area these should be explored. Otherwise it would feel like a bit of a missed opportunity. As an expansion you could see a twisted sylvaneth versus BoC as a throwback to the old days.

59 minutes ago, TreelordRecent said:

As much as I would love some more seraphon I wonder what the warband would be composed of. It seems like they already had quite a general medley in their last warband.

The starter set had a good Ulgu theme. A witch hunter warband makes sense and seems to already have been previewed in the artwork. I am not quite sure apart from vampires/ FEC and more malarion aelves what else we have in the lore that is very shadowy. 

Regarding warcry, if I remember correctly the map is close to a sylvaneth and an ogor site. Hence if there is any purpose to be in this area these should be explored. Otherwise it would feel like a bit of a missed opportunity. As an expansion you could see a twisted sylvaneth versus BoC as a throwback to the old days.

Its close to the largest Gutfort in the Mortal Realms!! The Great Gutfort overseered by the Over Tyrant of the Meatfist Tribe Globb Glittermaw!!

Im hoping he has sent out some Maneaters to investigate whats going on!!

58 minutes ago, Norray said:

dada.jpg

@Norray you absolute legend!! Khorne is my favourite of the Big 4 and this has me hyped for that Warband!!

• Like 1

I think with this edition of Warcry we're going to see a warband for each of the big four. Some of the rumour engine pieces look like the Slaanesh cultists from previous art, and there is that khornate looking piece someone else pointed out a few posts ago.

Tzeentch will probably be in there too, and I'm wondering if that one might end up being a more heavily armoured unit that ties in somewhat with the new curseling.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, zamerion said:

Brutes?

2021-08-24.jpg

I think it could mean SLAUGHTERBRUTE I mean Khorgorath, not Ruinstorm Daemon Brute. 

Because SB are an old Khorne unit, and its "Maw horns" fit the small artwork found in the Harrowdeep / Nethermaze booklet.

---

I'm mightily excited for the Skirmish Summer Preview ! I must say Warcry, and to a smaller extent Kill Team, is what keeps me in touch with GW and the wider community, as I have less Hobby time right now (work, etc. - I still have my beloved AOS Daemons of Nurgle army, of course, which is really well served by the "new" MoN Battletome). :D

I also predict full reveal of the Warcry Second edition Boxed set (Horns of Hashut vs Nurgle swamp guys) - the scenery will be glorious I'm sure (Maybe the weird plants sketches found in Season of War : Thondia are hints of what's to come ?).

And I hope we see the full set for KT too, as I'd be interested in starting its second edition with an Inquisition/Ministorum warband to replace my old Death Guard and Gellerpox infected (otherwise I'll go with Traitor guards or Custodes I guess...).

Finally I really wish the WHU Witch Hunters warband is populous..., I'd be sad with "just" two guys and a dog (even if Warhammer doggo are nice) :P

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 1