The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

The little storm cast helper dudes dying on any 1 to save for the unit is brutal! Poor lil guys.

"Hi! I'm your great-great-great grandkid here to strengthen your link to your mortali---" gets beheaded by a Chaos warrior

Really good for the Stormcast's mental health :D

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

I still dont understand why two books is better than one. Nothing proves that with two books you receive more or better content.

👇 This

7 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Orruk Warclan.........a Kruleboyz box

Сomics meme: "Uh Ok" - Comics - Meme-arsenal.com

congrats to you Krule fans but yeah more an Ironjaw enjoyer

When update time or new things for the army(s) time rolls around then one or the other tends to get left behind. 

Time will tell.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

👇 This

When update time or new things for the army(s) time rolls around then one or the other tends to get left behind. 

Time will tell.

They will change the Spearhead with the new book, nothing changes.

On the skaven debate, let me just say that I am a big fan of the skaven for a variety of reasons:

1. They’re psychotic paranoid rats who perform Frankenstein level mad-science.

2. They canonically have screwed over Nagash at least three times (Settra approves and so do I).

3. I loved Tom and Jerry growing up.

so I will be picking up this box set, and hope that there’re more goodies for the furry step children of chaos down the road.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

I still dont understand why two books is better than one. Nothing proves that with two books you receive more or better content.

It's easy to understand. Take the last book as an example, remove rules because, you know, rules are FAQ'd, errated, or whatever... and nobody gives a S when you have them in the app or printed in smaller formats.

In the end, what you have is a book that only has 1/3 of things to read for your army. All the small stories, brief adventures and everything inbetween becomes smaller in the orruk warclans book just because the sheer number of pages dedicated.

• Like 8

So, pumped to see how tall the models are now that i got a new foam case from GSW that is 300mm tall. Usually Id doubt, but seems like I'll be able to pull a 2000 army for AoS? If the community resurges with 4th launch, hope it can get me bumped to play a lot and move my armies mores. Loved building this either way.

image.jpeg.683c41332e6e3f8871fe4547296d8f55.jpeg

40k preview was so bad that got me talking about cabinets.

• Haha 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

Posted (edited)

KB having their own tome means emancipation, being a faction of Destruction on their own and not a kind of "subfaction" of the common, popular orruks, in the same way as duardin and aelven are split into in their own tomes "because they are not the same".

Edit: rewritten a bit better.

Edited by Someravella
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

None of the factions is going to received a Spearhead box when they said that the initial Spearhead are gonna be the Vanguards + the three Mancrushers box. Ironjawz Spearhead at launch was based in zero info.

So ironjawz will be out of one game mode ? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Garrac said:

So, pumped to see how tall the models are now that i got a new foam case from GSW that is 300mm tall. Usually Id doubt, but seems like I'll be able to pull a 2000 army for AoS? If the community resurges with 4th launch, hope it can get me bumped to play a lot and move my armies mores. Loved building this either way.

image.jpeg.683c41332e6e3f8871fe4547296d8f55.jpeg

40k preview was so bad that got me talking about cabinets.

I actually like those. If I did not have a fancy, expensive A-Case for my transport, I think I would pick one of those for transport and storage solution. Being able to move trays from a cabinet into the bag seems like an interesting idea.

15 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I am still investigating, but if someone notices one that I miss, pls flag it!

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm putting a big bet on this RE being solved without us even knowing it :

Spoiler

2024-02-13.jpglaIMegSoLH7WBwaX.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Beliman said:

It's easy to understand. Take the last book as an example, remove rules because, you know, rules are FAQ'd, errated, or whatever... and nobody gives a S when you have them in the app or printed in smaller formats.

In the end, what you have is a book that only has 1/3 of things to read for your army. All the small stories, brief adventures and everything inbetween becomes smaller in the orruk warclans book just because the sheer number of pages dedicated.

All the start edition books are terrible.

I can say the same with the previous Aeldari book with a lot of  viable builds playable as classic Eldar, Harlequins, mixed or even with Ynnari adding corsairs or Drukhari.

Why do not use the first Orruk Warclans book when Bonesplitterz, Ironjawz and Big Waaagh were viable?

Just now, Draznak said:

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm putting a big bet on this RE being solved without us even knowing it :

Hide contents

2024-02-13.jpglaIMegSoLH7WBwaX.jpg

Yeah. I have three on the "waiting to see the sprue to confirm" list.

That's one. The other two are:

ps1VQ3t4wIBk4oL3.jpg

wLePl2Hn5SgdTwYV.png

Just now, Ejecutor said:

Another hint for them being very likely the 3rd BT to be released.

Imo they renamed current orruk warclan vanguard to spearhead , because we are still in V3 and they are currently still together as orruk warclan. But they wil probably change that in V4 when the split BT will be out  

Just now, Grunbag said:

Imo they renamed current orruk warclan vanguard to spearhead , because we are still in V3 and they are currently still together as orruk warclan. But they wil probably change that in V4 when the split BT will be out  

Honestly, that would be a waste in terms of packaging produced. I don't see it.

Just now, Ejecutor said:

Honestly, that would be a waste in terms of packaging produced. I don't see it.

There is something wrong then . In one hand you have orruk warclan spearhead and in another hand we saw a warscroll labeled as ironjawz faction with no mention of orruk warclan as faction keyword 

1 minute ago, Grunbag said:

There is something wrong then . In one hand you have orruk warclan spearhead and in another hand we saw a warscroll labeled as ironjawz faction with no mention of orruk warclan as faction keyword 

Orruk Warclans could have two factions in the same book and still be playable each one by their one without any problem.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

All the start edition books are terrible.

I can say the same with the previous Aeldari book with a lot of  viable builds playable as classic Eldar, Harlequins, mixed or even with Ynnari adding corsairs or Drukhari.

Why do not use the first Orruk Warclans book when Bonesplitterz, Ironjawz and Big Waaagh were viable?

That has nothing to do with my issue. You are talking about rules, I use an app. Wahapedia or I write my own rulesheets.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Orruk Warclans could have two factions in the same book and still be playable each one by their one without any problem.

I don’t see the point having them in a single book without a keyword . 

• Like 5