The Rumour Thread

17 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Well there the

• The Old elven gods resurrection unless that what you meant with Krethusa 
  • The Ossiarch fortification towards the Vermindoom
  • The Nurgle & Alarielle rain war

I didn't want to go too deep into the plots in case someone wasn't aware.

The Ossiarch fortification towards the Vermindoom -> is what I meant by Akhan.
The Nurgle & Alarielle rain war -> Good point. That's why I said "Nurgle?" I was sure I was missing something.

But does the elven god have some plot in DB? I would say Krethusa is more a consequence of that (Broken Realms) rather than the plot itself, but we don't know where it would lead or if that was all as a way to introduce the character and set it in Hammerhall.

1 hour ago, Someravella said:

I am not 100 % sure but, in 40k, aren't genestealers a unit both for tyranids and GSC?

They are two slightly different datasheets. It isn’t the same card used in two armies.

Same stat lines but GSC Purestrain Genestealers get stuff like Deep Strike and Advance and Charge, while the vanilla Genestealers in Tyranids get Scouts and a re-roll wounds ability.

However, I can certainly see the same situation happening with Hobgrots across Chorfs and Runts.

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

I didn't want to go too deep into the plots in case someone wasn't aware.

The Ossiarch fortification towards the Vermindoom -> is what I meant by Akhan.
The Nurgle & Alarielle rain war -> Good point. That's why I said "Nurgle?" I was sure I was missing something.

But does the elven god have some plot in DB? I would say Krethusa is more a consequence of that (Broken Realms) rather than the plot itself, but we don't know where it would lead or if that was all as a way to introduce the character and set it in Hammerhall.

Krethusa and morai heg have a great lore token for lazy writers, because she can just be anywhere doing anything and it's manipulation the strings of fate so morai heg's desired future will eventually come to pass.

The LRL riverblades were doing stuff in the recent DB but I don't think that was at the behest of teclis or tyrion? Not sure though 

9 minutes ago, Luperci said:

Krethusa and morai heg have a great lore token for lazy writers, because she can just be anywhere doing anything and it's manipulation the strings of fate so morai heg's desired future will eventually come to pass.

The LRL riverblades were doing stuff in the recent DB but I don't think that was at the behest of teclis or tyrion? Not sure though 

If I remember their lore was trying to bring the river spirit back to they are trying to let rivers reflow at any cost.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Luperci said:

I think it was just an excuse to make them appear in the narrative. Like river temple doing river temple things.

It be interesting to see if Hobgrot are expanded upon for Chaos Duradin because for the most part they are consider one of the five pillars of Kruleboyz society lorewise.

in past iteration they where like the Black Orc version of Goblins but work for the Chaos dwarfs because other GS all universally hated them. Their units all basically just old Gitmob units but more Mongolian 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, novakai said:

It be interesting to see if Hobgrot are expanded upon for Chaos Duradin because for the most part they are consider one of the five pillars of Kruleboyz society lorewise.

in past iteration they where like the Black Orc version of Goblins but work for the Chaos dwarfs because other GS all universally hated them. Their units all basically just old Gitmob units but more Mongolian 

For the next KB release it'd be cool to see a hobgoblin warlord hero

• Like 2

On 4/12/2024 at 3:58 PM, MitGas said:

I'm making a joke cause laughing about it is better than the alternative, I'm not hurting my point at all IMO but sorry if it offended you - they can't include everything, it's pretty much impossible if you take the logistics into account and there will be drawbacks (e.g. other variants would get excluded).

this is where the miscommunication is I think--I'm/we're not at all offended. if anything it's more exasperation. we all know the internet idiom "making up a guy to be mad at" by now. The other side of that coin is "making up a guy who is mad" that we also shouldn't be falling into the trap of. my point is that it is not enjoyable or fun to converse with people who are doing either of these things. it's unnecessary and takes away from the actual conversation.

• Like 4

On 4/12/2024 at 4:39 PM, Pizzaprez said:

I agree, though if Duardin don't have much of a presence in the Ironweald wave I'm not holding out hope. As it stands now, the Duardin holdovers are covering heavy infantry (CC, Ranged) and the airborne warmachine roles. If they drop beefy human foot knights, I can't see them keeping the dispossessed in the army. I could see, long term, GW encouraging kitbashing the TOW range to "represent" the people of the different cities on the tabletop instead of making some units duardin and some humans; foot knights, phoenix temple, and longbeards are all pretty much the same thing if we're simplifying stuff and I could see GW simplifying the range to be one race.

i hope city duardin keep a heavy anvil unit as a longbeard throwback, but i wouldn't be surprised if we mainly see them in technological roles like Ironweld.

I dont THINK the WH+ episode showed any drivers of the Cogfort? we only saw human gunners on the outer decks. so Ironweld is definitely still on the table.

23 hours ago, Luperci said:

Maybe they want to create that feel by making coalition rules for LRL, KO etc. instead, that way they'll get you to buy into 2 armies instead of 1

if Spearhead allows for smaller skirmish games for tabletop AOS then I'd be fine with this.. Stormcast by design/narrative should fit right into COS armies without either having to take the other as auxiliaries/mercs/whatever

23 hours ago, Freemeta said:

Confrontation was a tabletop game with a really diverse army: Cadwallon:

https://confrontationpills.com/all-confrontation-cards/cadwallon-cards-army-confrontation/#tab-id-4

holy ****** this ogre is so cool??

image.jpeg.6400765c22b3d249b40e9eb7370cad13.jpeg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

What about the metal limbs that got Bael Grimnir turned into some sort of disease spread across all the FS and they get that also as their distinctive element from now on?

the way that was described in the short story was "quicksilver" which implied it was liquid-y to me... possibly leaving room for a certain smith god to help Bael out? or did his DB book actually talk about what happened after the fight with Trugg?

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

Looking at it closely it has some Sacrosanct vibes on it with those robes/ long clothes, isn't it?

definitely very esoteric looking, feels like while sacrosanct are the wizard chamber, ruination are the priest chamber. Also I really need to get to know someone that works in printing and binding so I can get my hands on some of this stuff we keep seeing early haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Draznak said:

Hello poster boy ! 

FB_IMG_1713037432820.jpg?ex=662d558f&is=

Nice very nice love the design and the axe look metal AF. The question now is if he a named character or just a different "champion" build of the already seen the ruination chamber paladins we seen?

1fptGnnotE8yMBBd.jpg.5d927a89d2a982a4bdd04ebfd24495fc.jpg

I think he is as there a bit more to him like the hourglass & a desgin in his chest plate

also just a side despite rat swarm going the way of Beastmen they still manage to get into the cardboard cutout. Look at them at the bottom it's adorable

25 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Uhhh, helmeted!

Helmeted with a actual good design. a spike crown design that make him look more Chaos warrior-y then the usual halo pike that the Vindicators and the mention Paladins are show to have

19 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Nice very nice love the design and the axe look metal AF. The question now is if he a named character or just a different "champion" build of the already seen the ruination chamber paladins we seen?

1fptGnnotE8yMBBd.jpg.5d927a89d2a982a4bdd04ebfd24495fc.jpg

I think he is as there a bit more to him like the hourglass & a desgin in his chest plate

also just a side despite rat swarm going the way of Beastmen they still manage to get into the cardboard cutout. Look at them at the bottom it's adorable

Helmeted with a actual good design. a spike crown design that make him look more Chaos warrior-y then the usual halo pike that the Vindicators and the mention Paladins are show to have

I think this one is a hero. Just compare the clothing with this picture:

Image1

• Like 1

I am extremely curious as to what exactly the Ruination Chamber is. So far, we only know that they are Stormcast in their last reforging, but that sounds a little too specific to be their only gig. There's got to be something more to them.

Edited by DD-Lord
Mistake fixing

1 hour ago, Vaellas said:

Still feeling like he is a new Castellant

My bet is Lord-Celestant. The forms seem closer.

GKk3jDAbgAAHoLf?format=jpg&name=large

GKk3jC_bcAEN0NI?format=jpg&name=small

With Valius an official Thunderstrike Lord-Castellant I think he’ll be their future blueprints with heavier keys & city heraldry themes on their armor to give that “demigod governor” feel as they take command of a city under their Stormkeep.
image.jpeg.4ebd274fdd0fbeaa1ea515e29a5073e5.jpeg

24 minutes ago, DD-Lord said:

I am extremely curious as to what exactly the Ruination Chamber is. So far, we only know that they are Stormcast in their last reforging, but that sounds a little too specific to be their only gig. There's got to be something more to them.

They seem to be heavily tied to Death and what the Relictors set-up as Necromancer paladins.

They have skull emblems, hourglasses, ghost fire weapons & wings, a “Gryph-Stalker” that looks like a gryphon/raven hybrid.

Looks like they’re one-half ancient veterans and Paladin & Lord-level Knight-Questors that form into groups for warriors with too much Azyr energy to be affected by warpstone or chaos, and the other half heavily using necromancy & Death magic to augment their abilities and(I’m guessing) keep their hollowed souls stable.

And GW keeps throwing that “as themselves” phrase around.

Now they have been called upon once more – the only forces hardy enough to enter a warzone blighted by the corrupting force of the warpstone. For these mighty warriors, this may be the final time they step into battle – at least, as themselves.”

So possibly hinting at Ruination storm automatons or bound lightning gheists after their last reforging to go with the Death theme.

• Like 5

All this talk about Stormcast proves how little i know about them. Didnt know half these models even existed.

I do like these new ones. I guess its the Death side of things that pulls me in.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Haha 1