The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

If we look at the trailer... Ruination is replacing most of the Warrior Chamber. It is weird because it is like one Chamber is eating another one in terms of minis..., but it seems it would be the approach.

Which warrior chamber unit is remplaced by ruination units but prosecutors?

Edited by Vagard

1 minute ago, Vagard said:

Which warrior chaber unit is remplaced by ruination units but prosecutors?

And apparently Paladins as well with the new big dudes with Axes and shields, IMO. Even the lord Celestant could be replaced with the Vigilor. I think Lod Celestants lost its role once we got the Imperatant and characters like Gardus or Bastian Carthalos appeared in the game.

Edited by Ejecutor

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

And apparently Paladins as well with the new big dudes with Axes and shields, IMO.

Yeah well nothing sure here. To me paladins will be remplaced by annihilators as they already have the paladin keyword. The big dudes will be an even more elite unit to me. Like bladeguards veterans and terminators for SM : 2 big dudes unit but not the same role 

Regarding lord celestant, he is at the head of the command chain in the stormcast hirarchy, just before Bastian Carthalos in the Hammers of sigmar (as the poster are now the hallowed knights, maybe we will see their lord commander as well) so I think that he will remain in the warrior chamber. The ruination core hero will be the one on gryph stalker and the same on foot to me

Edited by Vagard

6 minutes ago, Vagard said:

Regarding lord celestant, he is at the head of the command chain in the stormcast hirarchy, just before Bastian Carthalos in the Hammers of sigmar (as the poster are now the hallowed knights, maybe we will see their lord commander as well) so I think that he will remain in the warrior chamber. The ruination core hero will be the one on gryph stalker and the same on foot to me

Lord Imperatants actually outrank Lord Celestants. Lord Celestants are in charge of a single Chamber, Lord Imperatants direct multiple Chambers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Luperci said:

Also aelven naval corps(refreshed corsairs) and maybe something derivative of the wanderers/old wood elves

So in the first CoS wave we got

-Command corps

-Marshal

-Cavalier marshal

-Tahlia Vedra

-Zenestra

-Alchemite warforger

-Fusil major

-Steelhelms

-Fusiliers

-Greatcannon

-Cavaliers

-Wildercorp

If I were designing the second wave I'd probably put in 

-New collegiate arcanum wizard hero

-Sigmarite priest hero

-Generic witch hunter/order of azyr hero?

-Duardin ironweld engineer hero maybe with retinue 

-Named hero marshal Iscilla Thorian

-Updated steam tank

-Cogfort we already know

-Freeguild naval corps (dark elf corsair refresh, elite melee infantry)

-Wildercorps outriders (wanderers refresh horse/deer archers light cav)

-Sigmarite flagellants

-Freeguild heavy cannoneers (dispossessed refresh, heavy infantry gunners)

-Warcry unit bonus option - Dispossessed surveyors/prospectors? Naval auxiliaries (ogors and human corsairs?) Sigmarite plate armour greatknights?

• LOVE IT! 2

3 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Lord Imperatants actually outrank Lord Celestants. Lord Celestants are in charge of a single Chamber, Lord Imperatants direct multiple Chambers. 

Which is also what Lord Commanders do... Stormcast need a clear structure rather than every time they release a new wave putting more ranks that don't make sense into the lore and making it make sense by punching them all together.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Thinking on the new spearhead system that Will be the "easy entry" for AoS buying those boxes and getting 1000 points I was counting the stormcast and cities boxes and the cities is not 1k points... Will they change the boxes again? Is It too much box changes ? 

And the thing of duardins... So curious for the faction Focus articles... Will kharadron join fyre? Dispossessed? Will they get mechas? I want my kharadrons to have something more tanky going on foot, we Will see....

1 minute ago, Hoseman said:

Thinking on the new spearhead system that Will be the "easy entry" for AoS buying those boxes and getting 1000 points I was counting the stormcast and cities boxes and the cities is not 1k points... Will they change the boxes again? Is It too much box changes ? 

And the thing of duardins... So curious for the faction Focus articles... Will kharadron join fyre? Dispossessed? Will they get mechas? I want my kharadrons to have something more tanky going on foot, we Will see....

They won't change the boxes, but the points for the new edition. Also, was stated somewhere that the boxes have to be 1000 points? I don't think so, but I could have missed it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hoseman said:

They never said that there'd be 1000 points in a box. They're supposed to be self contained in the spearhead game mode yes, but they never said they'll be 1000 points.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Which is also what Lord Commanders do... Stormcast need a clear structure rather than every time they release a new wave putting more ranks that don't make sense into the lore and making it make sense by punching them all together.

Lord commander is the highest rank in the ScE hierarchy. Bastian is at the same level as a primarch actually

Stormhost_chart_02.jpg

This image come from the V1 or V2 ScE BT and has not really change since (just some thunderstrike heroes)

Edited by Vagard
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Luperci said:

-New collegiate arcanum wizard hero

-Sigmarite priest hero

-Generic witch hunter/order of azyr hero?

-Duardin ironweld engineer hero maybe with retinue 

-Named hero marshal Iscilla Thorian

-Updated steam tank

-Cogfort we already know

-Freeguild naval corps (dark elf corsair refresh, elite melee infantry)

-Wildercorps outriders (wanderers refresh horse/deer archers light cav)

-Sigmarite flagellants

-Freeguild heavy cannoneers (dispossessed refresh, heavy infantry gunners)

-Warcry unit bonus option - Dispossessed surveyors/prospectors? Naval auxiliaries (ogors and human corsairs?) Sigmarite plate armour greatknights?

-New collegiate arcanum wizard hero -> Maybe a box similar to the current one with more than one mage option?

- Generic witch hunter/order of Azyr hero? -> Don't we have that bit like "fully covered" right now? With Ven Denst and Callis & Toll, I feel we are well covered for the moment.

- Named hero marshal Iscilla Thorian -> If she survives...

The rest seems logical, but it would depend if we go full humans or not and also if we get another 12 units refresh, which I don't think would be the case considering they "labelled" it as the biggest refresh ever.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vagard said:

Lord commander is the highest rank in the ScE hierarchy. Bastian is at the same level as a primarch actually

Yeah, but role-wise, what is the difference between a Lord Important and Bastian? It is basically the same. That's where I think Celestants, Mr Importants and Commanders clash. One gotta go, IMO.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Vagard said:

In 40k space marine terms:

Lord Commander = Primarch

Lord Imperatant = Chapter Master

Lord Celestant (also Lord Aquilor and Lord Arcanum) = Captain. 

Edited by BarakUrbaz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Yeah, but role-wise, what is the difference between a Lord Important and Bastian? It is basically the same. That's where I think Celestants, Mr Importants and Commanders clash. One gotta go, IMO.

Lord-Imperatants are strategists of the Stormcast Eternals and trusted warleaders of Sigmar that are second only to the Lord-Commanders themselves

-> taken from the BT

-New collegiate arcanum wizard hero -> Maybe a box similar to the current one with more than one mage option?

- Generic witch hunter/order of Azyr hero? -> Don't we have that bit like "fully covered" right now? With Ven Denst and Callis & Toll, I feel we are well covered for the moment.

- Named hero marshal Iscilla Thorian -> If she survives...

The rest seems logical, but it would depend if we go full humans or not and also if we get another 12 units refresh, which I don't think would be the case considering they "labelled" it as the biggest refresh ever.

Box of wizards would be fun, I was thinking a non named hero witch hunter, it just felt weird to me that we have 2 named hero witch hunters now and not a multi build generic hero. I do hope the second wave isn't just all humans, I'm happy the first wave was but if they just go for like 4 or 5 more units of humans with different weapons then it'd be a big wasted opportunity imo.

2 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

In 40k space marine terms:

Lord Commander = Primarch

Lord Imperatant = Chapter Master

Lord Celestant (also Lord Aquilor and Lord Arcanum) = Captain. 

Ok, then what about Yndrasta, Ionus and our Celestant Prime? Are they Primarchs of the Primarchs? xD

12 hours ago, Grungnisson said:

1. Why wouldn't you use a D6 for D3 rolls, like everybody does already anyway?

It does surprise that GW have never (to my knowledge?) released an actual D3.  By this I mean a D6 printed 1,1,2,2,3,3

Other manufacturers do make them but they're not that widely available and most I've seen are larger 16mm dice, which jars with my OCD for 12mm GW dice, which just feel right to me.

It seems like the money making thing that GW would do, they could even put skulls instead of 3's if they wanted to.

Ok, then what about Yndrasta, Ionus and our Celestant Prime? Are they Primarchs of the Primarchs? xD

The celestan prime is unique and oversees all the stormhosts, he is basicall sigmar's reprensetation on the battlfield. Ionus is just a named relictor with a special pet and a special mission, he is not part of any stormhost. Yndrasta is a prime huntress, don't really know where to put her, this one is actually a bit weird

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

The fact I’ll need to see a flow chart before I even know who’s in charge of what and reports to whom is evidence of this.

4 minutes ago, Vagard said:

The celestan prime is unique and oversees all the stormhosts, he is basicall sigmar's reprensetation on the battlfield. Ionus is just a named relictor with a special pet and a special mission, he is not part of any stormhost. Yndrasta is a prime huntress, don't really know where to put her, this one is actually a bit weird

I think Ionus with DB ascended to this status of shared across Stormhosts "heroes", which is a bit the role of all the 3. I just find the ranks of the Stormcasts too overthought. Rather than keeping them simple, they bloat them again and again. With 40k it is easier to understand because most of the roles are similar to the ones we have in our real-world armies. With Stormcast you can drive yourself crazy, especially considering some do the same or are the same with a different name just because it is from another chamber.

Edited by Ejecutor

1 hour ago, cyrus said:

It is a GW statement and They have been very clear so far .

All the quotes from Warcom articles :

23rd of May 2024

"Certain factions people remember from Warhammer Fantasy Battles are not part of the narrative we’re telling with The Old World, but will be provided with rules at the launch of the game.

• Dark Elves
  • Skaven
  • Vampire Counts
  • Daemons of Chaos
  • Ogre Kingdoms
  • Lizardmen
  • Chaos Dwarfs

These legacy faction army lists will be made available for free as pdfs as a service to fans who have these classic armies on their shelf, so they can still bring them to battle for old times sake."

22th January 2024

"But while these are complete lists, there are no plans to release miniatures to use them with – the rules are intended for people who already have armies in their collection."

5th january 2024 - 

“What about the legacy factions?:

Rob (Aldeman):  A few of the factions from the previous Warhammer Fantasy Battle game will not feature in Warhammer: The Old World – this is in terms of game rules, model ranges, and the ongoing background narrative. These ‘Legacy’ factions will however get free, downloadable army lists so people can try out the new system using their older model collections. More about this in the coming weeks, though please note that they won’t be considered legal for tournaments, and won’t receive ongoing support.

If you want to come on this long-term journey with us, the factions in the Forces of Fantasy and Ravening Hordes books are the ones to collect and play – and we want to be pretty clear about that!”

In addition :

It will take roughly 2 years to re-release the 9 focused factions ( 1 every 3 months with 3 waves each) and then from Hastings's rumors they will start to release campaign books with FW/GW miniatures moving timeline towards Siege of praag/great war against chaos. Something very similar to Middlearth relaunch in 2018 = same Project Manager Rob Alderman

Hastings was the one who reported first that Bretonnia and Tomb kings kits were back in production in june 2022 for the ToW launch.

I guess what most people are worried about is them being retired completed, a la sacrosanct, with no home in TOW or AoS.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GrimDork said:

It does surprise that GW have never (to my knowledge?) released an actual D3.  By this I mean a D6 printed 1,1,2,2,3,3

Other manufacturers do make them but they're not that widely available and most I've seen are larger 16mm dice, which jars with my OCD for 12mm GW dice, which just feel right to me.

It seems like the money making thing that GW would do, they could even put skulls instead of 3's if they wanted to.

I honestly can't see the case for this. They already simplified the army specific dice, because of the margins and production costs. What would the bespoke D3 look like? Just generic? Then they won't match people's customised army dice. Make them for armies, just like D6? That's just economically not viable. And once you got them, you have the dice you need.

38 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

It is a fact.

Seeing how this is a rumour channel I guess I should add that there is a rumour of a Blood Knight focused Vampire Counts army, not unreasonable to think if any of the other legacy factions have changed. I.e. Dark Elves.