The Rumour Thread

Just now, Grungnisson said:

But that's not different to the current edition. He could always do that.

Image updated. But I don't know how you could make a charge after running in the same Battleround

Does someone remembers the timespan between starter box reveal and the other ScE and Kruelboyz units reveal after? 

We had 11 new warscrolls for ScE if I don't take in account the warscroll on the starting box, and 8 for kruleboyz so we will have a lot of new units even after the box release

2 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

But that's not different to the current edition. He could always do that.

The charge during your opponent's turn is new, bus honestly with only 4 PC (minimum) I don't know if this combo worth it. We still have to see his warscroll and his point cost as well 

1 minute ago, Vagard said:

Does someone remembers the timespan between starter box reveal and the other ScE and Kruelboyz units reveal after? 

We had 11 new warscrolls for ScE if I don't take in account the warscroll on the starting box, and 8 for kruleboyz so we will have a lot of new units even after the box release

Easy! There were two previews:

Warhammer Preview Online: Unboxing Dominion - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

Warhammer Preview Online – Dominion Celebration - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Beliman said:

Image updated. But I don't know how you could make a charge after running in the same Battleround

6.1 Core Rules

Each command ability will say when it can be used and what effect it has on the unit that receives it. A model cannot issue more than 1 command in the same phase and and a unit cannot receive more than 1 command in the same phase. (...)

1 minute ago, Grungnisson said:

6.1 Core Rules

Each command ability will say when it can be used and what effect it has on the unit that receives it. A model cannot issue more than 1 command in the same phase and and a unit cannot receive more than 1 command in the same phase. (...)

My movement phase: Forward to Victory
Enemy Movement phase: Redeploy
Enemy Charge phase: Counter-charge (doens't have CHARGE keyword)

Btw, I'm not saying that this is how it works, but without knowing anything else, it seems fun!

6 minutes ago, Vagard said:

The charge during your opponent's turn is new, bus honestly with only 4 PC (minimum) I don't know if this combo worth it. We still have to see his warscroll and his point cost as well 

That's the bottom line though. We're still thinking in the trench warfare terms, while looking at tanks here.

5 hours ago, Beliman said:

They are going to be part of Cities background, waiting for a new wave, like any other sub-theme/ new units from most other armies.

CoS have lots of way to expand the current range. Here's what can be done :

1. More Freeguild/Castellite stuff : they've been the focus of last year's refresh but there's still room for expansion. An elite infantry unit that can brawl on the middle of board is a big missing role in the new roster (nu-greatswords ?), and you could add some more models : a sub-marshall, castellite dwarfs maybe ?
  2. Ironweld so far the only Ironweld unit is the cannon, and there's lots of room to develop the mechanical contraptions/gunpowder part of CoS (which is what TWW is doing rn with their Nuln DLC btw). The cogfort is rumoured to really happen, and more importantly this is the most obvious place where you could fit AoS dwarfs in CoS. You could have like dwarf engineers, the "bombardier major", Ironweld gunners...
  3. Cults of Sigmar they've been heavily hinted at with Zenestra, new flagellants are a recurrent wishlist here, this is where you could do crazy religious stuff that Warhammer is known for, like a moving altar, new warrior priests, holy knights of Sigmar...
  4. Magic expand the Collegiate Arcane. More mages, maybe magic units like a mage's bodyguards, an arcane machine ? This is the most obvious place where you could fit AoS elves in CoS.
  5. Wildercorps def the least obvious path to expansion, with stuff like light cavalry, a hero, maybe elf rangers ?
Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Thanks ! 

So early july, after the preorder of the box, we will see new units for both armies. Here are all the non-sacrosanct units that has been announced to be cut in 1 year : 

heraldor
vexillor (already remplaced)
castellant/veritan
celestant (will likely be remplaced)
ordinator
azyros/venator
judicator (remplaced by vigilors?)
paladins (likely remplaced by the annihilators)
liberator (thunderstriked)
prosecutors (thunderstriked)

As the keword "warmachine" has been seen on the chariot's warscroll, what about an ordinator return for a more useful purpose? Maybe some new warmachine releases? 

I can see a castellant-like hero in the box, like a buffer heros that gives bonuses to units, and a wizard is an auto include to me, just to teach all the phases to the new players. I could see a new azyros/venator as we saw new prosecutors, but the heraldor is dead to me. 

I hope we will see more "mad" stormcasts from the ruination chamber like the eltharion's armour filled with thunder or the concept art we've seen earlier with top less storcasts with scrolls on him to keep his body in one part. 

To me the box will be quite "simple" with classic units, and the july reveal will be more innovative. same for skaven I guess

4 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Yes, I know. Cities seems to be infinite ammount of themes to be expanded. From fanatics to normal people, from military might to cults for gods, or special units for each city/ guild.

But I was talking about other armies, most of them already had subthemes and units in their background, but for whatever reason, they didn't recieved anything appart from 1 hero in the last 5 years.

2 minutes ago, Vagard said:

Thanks ! 

So early july, after the preorder of the box, we will see new units for both armies. Here are all the non-sacrosanct units that has been announced to be cut in 1 year : 

heraldor
vexillor (already remplaced)
castellant/veritan
celestant (will likely be remplaced)
ordinator
azyros/venator
judicator (remplaced by vigilors?)
paladins (likely remplaced by the annihilators)
liberator (thunderstriked)
prosecutors (thunderstriked)

As the keword "warmachine" has been seen on the chariot's warscroll, what about an ordinator return for a more useful purpose? Maybe some new warmachine releases? 

I can see a castellant-like hero in the box, like a buffer heros that gives bonuses to units, and a wizard is an auto include to me, just to teach all the phases to the new players. I could see a new azyros/venator as we saw new prosecutors, but the heraldor is dead to me. 

I hope we will see more "mad" stormcasts from the ruination chamber like the eltharion's armour filled with thunder or the concept art we've seen earlier with top less storcasts with scrolls on him to keep his body in one part. 

To me the box will be quite "simple" with classic units, and the july reveal will be more innovative. same for skaven I guess

The Lord Ordinator is also from Sacrosanct, isn't it? And we have a "replaced" version of the Castellant in Callis and Toll, so my bet is that we will see it around, but the Veritant would drop. As well as the Heraldor.

Azyros/ Venator makes sense as a hero focused on flying units, but probably they will keep only the Archer option, as I think is the most featured one in the lore.

Also, note that the Stormcast with loo rolls is a fan-art.

16 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

1. More Freeguild/Castellite stuff : they've been the focus of last year's refresh but there's still room for expansion. An elite infantry unit that can brawl on the middle of board is a big missing role in the new roster (nu-greatswords ?), and you could add some more models : a sub-marshall, castellite dwarfs maybe ?
  2. Ironweld so far the only Ironweld unit is the cannon, and there's lots of room to develop the mechanical contraptions/gunpowder part of CoS (which is what TWW is doing rn with their Nuln DLC btw). The cogfort is rumoured to really happen, and more importantly this is the most obvious place where you could fit AoS dwarfs in CoS. You could have like dwarf engineers, the "bombardier major", Ironweld gunners...
  3. Cults of Sigmar they've been heavily hinted at with Zenestra, new flagellants are a recurrent wishlist here, this is where you could do crazy religious stuff that Warhammer is known for, like a moving altar, new warrior priests, holy knights of Sigmar...
  4. Magic expand the Collegiate Arcane. More mages, maybe magic units like a mage's bodyguards, an arcane machine ? This is the most obvious place where you could fit AoS elves in CoS.
  5. Wildercorps def the least obvious path to expansion, with stuff like like cavalry, a hero, maybe elf rangers ?

Also aelven naval corps(refreshed corsairs) and maybe something derivative of the wanderers/old wood elves

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Also, note that the Stormcast with loo rolls is a fan-art.

It is! but such a cool idea, I will not be surprise if they release a unit of tourmented stormcasts near their last reforge (like part of the ruination chamber, but the extreme part of it) or a unit even more stone-cold than classic stormcasts as they loose all their feelings like vandus. I think the can dig a lot in this type of ideas for the new releases. 

Edited by Vagard

The funny truth is that every faction has lots of ways to expand their current range. The sad part is that it's only a question of allowed ressources and outside restrictions. Time and budgets are finite, on the opposite of imagination. What happened with Sacrosanct is a reminder of this : of course you can make infinite versions of armored hulking paladins, but that doesn't mean the market / company can sustain them indefinitely for a variety of reasons.

Edited by Sarouan
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Verminentious said:

Is that an opinion or a rumour from a leaker?

It is a GW statement and They have been very clear so far .

All the quotes from Warcom articles :

23rd of May 2024

"Certain factions people remember from Warhammer Fantasy Battles are not part of the narrative we’re telling with The Old World, but will be provided with rules at the launch of the game.

• Dark Elves
  • Skaven
  • Vampire Counts
  • Daemons of Chaos
  • Ogre Kingdoms
  • Lizardmen
  • Chaos Dwarfs

These legacy faction army lists will be made available for free as pdfs as a service to fans who have these classic armies on their shelf, so they can still bring them to battle for old times sake."

22th January 2024

"But while these are complete lists, there are no plans to release miniatures to use them with – the rules are intended for people who already have armies in their collection."

5th january 2024 - 

“What about the legacy factions?:

Rob (Aldeman):  A few of the factions from the previous Warhammer Fantasy Battle game will not feature in Warhammer: The Old World – this is in terms of game rules, model ranges, and the ongoing background narrative. These ‘Legacy’ factions will however get free, downloadable army lists so people can try out the new system using their older model collections. More about this in the coming weeks, though please note that they won’t be considered legal for tournaments, and won’t receive ongoing support.

If you want to come on this long-term journey with us, the factions in the Forces of Fantasy and Ravening Hordes books are the ones to collect and play – and we want to be pretty clear about that!”

In addition :

It will take roughly 2 years to re-release the 9 focused factions ( 1 every 3 months with 3 waves each) and then from Hastings's rumors they will start to release campaign books with FW/GW miniatures moving timeline towards Siege of praag/great war against chaos. Something very similar to Middlearth relaunch in 2018 = same Project Manager Rob Alderman

Hastings was the one who reported first that Bretonnia and Tomb kings kits were back in production in june 2022 for the ToW launch.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

10 minutes ago, pitzok said:

Man I feel like this pre-edition period is going by like such a slog, I wish we were already past it so we could not only play the game but also get on with more rumours.

Yeah it's really weird. It's horrible to get the info drip fed but looking back at the articles it is always cool to see how it all fits together. 

The worst bit though is the lull after the game comes out as it will be Summer, everything goes a bit quiet as typically there are no big releases until September.

However, if anybody from GW is reading this and thinks it would be good to do a TGA show off, I'm sure it would be cool to invite a few of us to Warhammer World to do a video :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Vagard said:

It is! but such a cool idea, I will not be surprise if they release a unit of tourmented stormcasts near their last reforge (like part of the ruination chamber, but the extreme part of it) or a unit even more stone-cold than classic stormcasts as they loose all their feelings like vandus. I think the can dig a lot in this type of ideas for the new releases. 

Now that you mention Vandus... what if the second wave of minis is released in a bit of an unusual way? We suppose that Vandus and Korgos would be redone. So it would make sense to save the second way and release them along with Vandus as part of their narrative arc. Especially if they go into that madness/losing their feelings field.

15 minutes ago, pitzok said:

Man I feel like this pre-edition period is going by like such a slog, I wish we were already past it so we could not only play the game but also get on with more rumours.

It is the best part for this Thread! A lot of speculation and rumours! We even got new rumour mongers around thanks to it!

3 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

The worst bit though is the lull after the game comes out as it will be Summer, everything goes a bit quiet as typically there are no big releases until September.

No, the worst will be the launch of the last Dawnbringer book, that no one will care about using since they know 4th will completely invalidate it. Even the background is sadly unnecessary, since we already know what it will lead to.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Now that you mention Vandus... what if the second wave of minis is released in a bit of an unusual way? We suppose that Vandus and Korgos would be redone. So it would make sense to save the second way and release them along with Vandus as part of their narrative arc. Especially if they go into that madness/losing their feelings field.

Maybe he'll take the lead of the ruination chamber and will have in game synergies with them. (Gavriel will be cut and i don't see him coming back by the way)

I don't see ALL the boxes from this edition coming from ruination chamber  as we are waiting for warrior chamber remplacements as well, but 3-4 kits out of 10 (based on V3 release) should be enough if we also expect some ruination units in the starting box

1 minute ago, Sarouan said:

No, the worst will be the launch of the last Dawnbringer book, that no one will care about using since they know 4th will completely invalidate it. Even the background is sadly unnecessary, since we already know what it will lead to.

But we don't know what is going to happen with Embergard or Verdigris! I think we would get some surprises in the book.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Vagard said:

Maybe he'll take the lead of the ruination chamber and will have in game synergies with them. (Gavriel will be cut and i don't see him coming back by the way)

I don't see ALL the boxes from this edition coming from ruination chamber  as we are waiting for warrior chamber remplacements as well, but 3-4 kits out of 10 (based on V3 release) should be enough if we also expect some ruination units in the starting box

If we look at the trailer... Ruination is replacing most of the Warrior Chamber. It is weird because it is like one Chamber is eating another one in terms of minis..., but it seems it would be the approach.

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

But we don't know what is going to happen with Embergard or Verdigris! I think we would get some surprises in the book.

We will know it in the background section of 4th's rulebook, like in 3rd.

• Like 1