The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Someravella said:

Yep, Ratnos, a giant beast that definitively does not look like a rat but a hyppo, but who is somehow tied to skaven lorewise, and who has been awakened on Aqshy but will do nothing.

It sounds cool.

39 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Quite interesting flag, I don't know if the 'eavy painters painted it the way it is intentionally, but a geometric shape inside a white circle in a red flag ? Cmon they must have known what they were referencing. 

Really hope it's an unintentional coincidence.

41 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Quite interesting flag, I don't know if the 'eavy painters painted it the way it is intentionally, but a geometric shape inside a white circle in a red flag ? Cmon they must have known what they were referencing. 

Do tell. 

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Somehow I only just noticed the pet rat the leader has on his arm. Different sizes, equally vicious. 

guuVFLj.png

Edit: And another bunch! There's loads!

j2vo8ty.png

MqN0RgR.png

FxuiyJZ.png

zrHj7NP.png

Maybe that's why the rats swarm dissapear. They are kind of par of all the minis now.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Too ordinary. Probably that's the intention but they lack "AoSification" for me. Maybe clan specific models will be more original.

Agreed in that they're a tad too ordinary, I hope to see something more exceptional in the rest of the range. For these as the most basic foot troops it is alright, but I really want to see something that makes Skaven feel like the Realm-Destroying rats they are in lore. I'm sure they'll do something like that, Skaven technology has to have advanced with all the possibilities opened up in the Mortal Realms and all the time they've spent hiding before the Vermindoom.

The Warlock Bombardier is still my favourite Skaven Sculpt by far and a great way to start the AoSification of Skaven, you can see how much fun he's having shooting rockets at his victims. I'm hoping some other new sculpts match his energy.

image.jpeg.12e2f50c2779062dfdea86e11b721d2d.jpeg

Edited by Snarff
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

Especially since we've seen 13 minis already and I can't notice a common bit between them. Unless they now come in units of 13?!!?

But also those are very likely push to fit, so it wouldn't be crazy to think there's no variation at all, or little variation.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Idj if I can mention these people here (and I don't want to), so I'll explain it to you in MP. :)

A quick search shows a lot of different flags like this including "United Farm Workers" of America. 

Just saying. The worst conclusion isn't always the best to jump to first. 😉

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Milford said:

I finally feel represented in model form

Lolz. I like the bald one. From the moment I saw it I thought about it as more experienced one. Also the fact that he is carrying the flag helps.

4 minutes ago, Snarff said:

Agreed in that they're a tad too ordinary, I hope to see something more exceptional in the rest of the range. For these as the most basic foot troops it is alright, but I really want to see something that makes Skaven feel like the Realm-Destroying rats they are in lore. I'm sure they'll do something like that, Skaven technology has to have advanced with all the possibilities opened up in the Mortal Realms and all the time they've spent hiding before the Vermindoom.

The Warlock Bombardier is still my favourite Skaven Sculpt by far and a great way to start the AoSification of Skaven, you can see how much fun he's having shooting rockets at his victims. I'm hoping some other new sculpts match his energy.

image.jpeg.12e2f50c2779062dfdea86e11b721d2d.jpeg

Didn't the WarCom short story hint at some kind of warpstone powered mech or power-armour? 😍

2 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

A quick search shows a lot of different flags like this including "United Farm Workers" of America. 

Just saying. The worst conclusion isn't always the best to jump to first. 😉

Hopefully we can successfully apply Hanlon's Razor here.

I really don’t know what ‘AoS-ification’ of skaven would look like as a design direction. They were already the most unique (and the only actually original) faction in WHFB. If it’s more mad science, that was already substantially there with Skyre.

I mean besides advances in sculpting and detail and whatnot.

• Like 2

+++ Mod Hat On +++

While it is valid to look at things and see how it may reference something disgusting, I'm very confident that is not what is being referred to with the Skaven standard bearer shown off today in the AOS4 model preview.

I think it is good to question such things and never allow it into our lives, but I will state that I'm very confident that is not what GW intend (or want to!). 

Lets end the discussion about it now

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

I really don’t know what ‘AoS-ification’ of skaven would look like as a design direction. They were already the most unique (and the only actually original) faction in WHFB. If it’s more mad science, that was already substantially there with Skyre.

I mean besides advances in sculpting and detail and whatnot.

They can go madder science for Skyre. They gave Warlock Bombardiers to Skaven for example, the first rocket launcher model. As @EntManmentioned, Skaven Mech suits/exoskeletons that have been hinted at.

They can also actually bring some of the 13 Great Plagues into models for Pestilens. Maybe some Skaven that have been visually infected by these plagues trying to spread them further.

Some more insane monsters for Moulder are always possible. Just like how Ossiarch can be bone-y parodies of various other races and creatures, Moulder can go more fleshy. Or even incorporate some other races in there.

Eshin is the only one I'm unsure about. But even dark elf assassins got their AoSification with Khainite shadowstalkers, so I'm confident they'll figure something out.

35 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Too ordinary. Probably that's the intention but they lack "AoSification" for me. Maybe clan specific models will be more original.

It would be a bit of a balance. For example, the leaked mini seems more AoSified.

12 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

I really don’t know what ‘AoS-ification’ of skaven would look like as a design direction.

To be honest, old skavens had everything that an AoS factions needs. I mean, frankenstein rats, rat-abominations, grenadiers with venomous gas... another Tuesday in the Mortal Realms.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Idj if I can mention these people here (and I don't want to), so I'll explain it to you in MP. :)

IMO it is a bit of looking too much into it. The fact that not everyone knows who you are talking about (me included, now I am curious to know) makes me think it was not intentional at all.

Also, btw, I keep reading all these "Nah, bro, clanrats are new, they don't need an update"

Latest clanrats models were from 2010. 14 years ago. Let that sink in.

There were other skaven units in WAY most dire need of a refresh, but they also needed an update.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1