The Rumour Thread

The only example we have so far is Lumineth. There are already three ways to have wardens in a regiment and we haven’t seen all the heroes. Almost all armies have more heroes than non hero units so I’m sure there will usually be more than one way to get the unit you want in a regiment. 
I feel like most people won’t be getting many auxiliary units unless they want to get weird. In a hypothetical paring you could have a warlock engineer and 4 doom wheels in your list without going outside a regiment. Your only issue might be if you want a bunch of doom wheels but don’t want any Skrye heroes. 

34 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Maybe they'll steal some more from Conquest. The fact that heroic traits can be given to any hero now makes me think there's gonna be a point cost to it, because if they're still free, giving multiple heroes traits could be very unbalanced. 

I think they just mean that your command trait is no longer locked to your general, you can slap it on any of your heroes, but you still only get the one.  (Though there might still be some way to unlock more as with the current battalions.)

Just now, Lucentia said:

I think they just mean that your command trait is no longer locked to your general, you can slap it on any of your heroes, but you still only get the one.  (Though there might still be some way to unlock more as with the current battalions.)

I'm curious about if you can give those to named heroes, because I don't remember any menction of enchancements.

Some info on the new Liberators from the comment section of the reveal FB post :

• Sword option is gone, only hammers now. The new sprues have no swords on them.
  • You either have the unit with hammer and shield or dual wielding hammers, 1/5 Libs can take a grandhammer
Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 12

2 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Some info on the new Liberators from the comment section of the reveal FB post :

• Sword option is gone, only hammers now
  • You either have the unit with hammer and shield or dual wielding hammers, 1/5 Libs can take a grandhammer

I don't know if I'm happy about separate weapons / special weapon options or not... very torn. I love modeling for rule of cool, but also respect and enjoy build choices. I'm obviously used to it, but was kind of hoping this system might lose it.

5 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

• Sword option is gone, only hammers now

Interesting, goes directly against the leak of consolidated weapon profiles 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cdance93 said:

Interesting, goes directly against the leak of consolidated weapon profiles 

What I meant is there are no swords in the new kit. You can only build the minis with hammers. I'm gonna edit the OG message to clarify that.

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite

1 minute ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

What I meant is there are no swords in the new kit. You can only build the minis with hammers. I'm gonna edit the OG message to clarify that.

Oh, so more that there will be two sprues of 5 libs with a mix of hammers and shields for use and one grandhammer for use. Not that it's about warscroll loadouts?

36 minutes ago, madmac said:

Now that I think about it, the hero thing is potentially really awful for armies that have very few heroes available, like BoC(I know I know, I don't care) or Bonesplitters. In a lot of cases you might end up not only having to buy heroes you don't particularly want, but even multiples of the same hero just to fill out regiments. Not to mention the inherent "Oh you want to run a spare cavalry unit? Better own this specific hero or pay the auxillary tax!" problems that could arise.

Putting aside that you mentioned the two factions that are under the purge radar, I don't think this would be a problem at all.

If you think about it, Dawnbringers could be seen as a preparation for these changes. All the time we got "thematic regiments" boxes, and based on what we got so far from 40k, this is going to be the path followed when new battletomes arrive. A new hero and their thematic horde.

I foresee the 4th edition as an edition where new sub factions are going to emerge, like Krethusa, and some others would be expanded, like CoS with their Ironweld or Religious side so they can have their own regiments.

• Like 8

Just now, The Lost Sigmarite said:

AoS community manager said you're more than welcome to proxy the old swords as hammers if you feel like it.

I mean more in regards to if the hammer options are loadout specific or just flavour. I should probably check the post for myself instead of asking lol

38 minutes ago, Hollow said:

I find it funny how GW loves to change words and have a million different names for things.... just because. 

So the new Spearhead (Previously Vanguard) boxes are essentially Regiments. (1 hero and 3 units) 

I wonder if we will see some different kinds of "regiment" boxes sold for factions. 

Not only the Spearheads, but the new 40k boxes with a new heroe follow that same structure, right?

Tinfoil hat time :

FS have a ton of heroes but few units, which could be a problem for the new regiment system because every hero will have the same units in his regiment. Unless :

1. Big FS heroes can take other heroes in their regiment just like Khorne can with Gorechosen (like imagine a runefather can bring runesons in his regiment)
  2. New FS units are on the waaaaaay !!! 🔥🌋🐉
  • Like 7

remember that in the current edition swords and hammers were already consolidated into 1 weapon profile. Sigmarite weapon, or something like that. 

And maybe that could be what's written on the new warscroll. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, DD-Lord said:

So can you guys kind of help me a bit? Now that the Hollowed Knights are replacing the Hammers of Sigmar as the posterboys for the Stormcast, people have been having a lot of discussions about it, but I can't quite understand it because I've  been kind of neglecting the lore regarding the Stormhost for awhile now, so I don't quite understand the differences between them. For the most part, I only remember that the Hammers of Sigmar are the first forged Stormhost, and that's it. Can you guys sort of fill me in on one thing?

Hollowed Knights are kind of the purest guys, that's why are the ones going to fight the rats. As they are the more pure among stormcasts the new weapons that hit the souls would have fewer effect on them than the rest of the Stormcast.

As a side note: How the hell did Sigmar know that he had to replace the posterboys without having a single fight first?!

These new Thunderstrike Liberators are a nice upgrade, but those oversized hammers... I know that's GW's trademark but they've outdone themselves here.

I'm struggling to see anything else in this picture. I hope to change my opinion with other photos.

Edited by Draznak
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

The new system sounds potentially interesting. I hope the incentives they mention encourage players to continue to use regular units. My worry about the sub factions is the loss of lore. I don’t want to lose 4 pages of lore from every battletome. I hope they keep them in even if they don’t have a place in the rules. 

This is my only wrinkle with the news.

Love the Freeform nature of the list-building so you can take/spam what you want as fits the over-the-top nature of AoS & the Mortal Realms with heroes the big focus befitting the mythological nature of the setting.

However sub-factions we’re big for the flavor.

I guess I can have a fool’s hope that it means they’ll return to AoS1 Battletomes where we got a boatload of diverse lore-only sub-factions we could theme our forces to for fun. That’d mean the lost battlefield flavor gives us a denser lore book which I could live with. 😅

image.jpeg.2582eb81685449eb90d90b932d6fceeb.jpeg

image.jpeg.b79639aa38aeb6991378404bd05eb3d6.jpeg

Just give us tons of fun lore to play around with and theme our own armies to then(at least the days of “what? He’s locked to this sub-faction!” are over)

Manifestation lore sounds cool. I wonder if that’ll be for summoning numerous things like Endless Spells, Incarnates and Terrain to shape the realmscape battlefield.🤔 

• Like 1

Presumably it'll be for Endless Spells and Incarnates, but I wonder if the manifestation lore could also be used for unit summoning as well to simplify summoning points. Like manifesting a new unit of daemons or raising Undead.

• Like 2