The Rumour Thread

Honestly, I haven't gone around counting every individual mention but I'm pretty sure that the Chaos Duardin have been teased a bunch more than Malerion's faction. From the top of my head:

Chorf mentions:

• Appear in 2E Vostarg White Dwarf article where its implied one of the old Runesons of the Vostarg fell to worship of Hashut.
  • Forge Anathema on Great Parch map.
  • Zharr-Vyxa on Prime Innerlands map.
  • Sons of Behemat 2E Battletome featuring Kraken-Eaters vs Chaos Siege Gargants at Zharr-Vyxa.
  • Anguzkul-Grend in the Wrath of the Everchosen book.
  • Horns of Hashut in Warcry.
  • Trade with Hobgrots in Orruk Warclans battletome.

Malerion Aelves mentions:

• Lumineth Battletome where a Zenith Aelementari gets captured by Shadow Daemons working for Malerion.
  • Malign Portents short story where its implied Malerion is scheming against Sigmar.
  • Broken Realms short story where Malerion and Tyrion are implied to be at odds.
  • A few mentions of Malerion creating his own Aelves in Daughters of Khaine and Lumineth battletomes.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

15 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Honestly, I haven't gone around counting every individual mention but I'm pretty sure that the Chaos Duardin have been teased a bunch more than Malerion's faction. From the top of my head:

Chorf mentions:

• Appear in 2E Vostarg White Dwarf article where its implied one of the old Runesons of the Vostarg fell to worship of Hashut.
  • Sons of Behemat 2E Battletome featuring Kraken-Eaters vs Chaos Siege Gargants at Zharr-Vyxa.

• Lumineth Battletome where a Zenith Aelementari gets captured by Shadow Daemons working for Malerion.
  • Malign Portents short story where its implied Malerion is scheming against Sigmar.
  • Broken Realms short story where Malerion and Tyrion are implied to be at odds.
  • A few mentions of Malerion creating his own Aelves in Daughters of Khaine and Lumineth battletomes.

Which tome was the Zenith Aelementari mentioned? Musta been in 2nd

13 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Chorf mentions:

Hm… no.

We have one mini (the shadow aelf from silver tower), a short story in broken realms with morathi, a mention as part of the aelven pantheon in a warcom article, mentioned in the hachette magazine Mortal Realms and in the Slaanesh book.

Apart from that, Malerion is an integral part of the story of AoS since it’s conception.

But I think this is not a competition about how many times time talk about who, actually chorfs have been confirmed by wf and Ulgorothis are missing from any hint, so I don’t expect them at all.

2 hours ago, Beliman said:

I think exactly the same. I just hope that the people above the creative and developers doens't bother with Matt Rose stuff.

I know that it will be an unpopular opinion, but I don't see a gigantic amount of changes in that PDF. Not so diferent than AoS, only 1 page of core rules changes (mainly to devastating wounds and a few clarifications or better wording to how can you use the Insane bravery/Overwtach stratas).

Everything else seems to be focused on factions, that is expected (if you group up all codex's FAQ's, you would probably end with 20-30 or more pages). 

2 hours ago, Tonhel said:

I didn't know that, but for me AoS 3th edition was the best with the first 1-2 GHB's. They lost me with the latest GHB's. So that would be his influence. 

AFAIK Matt only had a hand in writing the two most recent GHBs. The others were written by the previous team. I don’t like this one’s magic, but do like the battle plans. I loved the last one - the Galletian Champion one. 

1 hour ago, GenericEdgyName said:

Curiously, in this picture we can see the old beastlord. Maybe I'm high on copium, but maybe that just means that yes, the current range moves to OW, but AoS beasts get a revamp to fit the new beastlord. I mean, it would be odd to use the old beastlord if the newer one doesn't stay in AoS, right?

Having just painted the new Beastlord alongside some Gors, there's really not much room to revamp the range to match it.

The Beastlord has the exact same design language and details as the older Beastmen, it's just a more modern (and lovely!) sculpt.

• Like 2

Just now, Gareth 🍄 said:

The limited edition models are up on the UK store, got an order in for Zagnog 😁

And I don't, because the five million quid website is not allowing me to chose a delivery option. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Ragest said:

Hm… no.

We have one mini (the shadow aelf from silver tower), a short story in broken realms with morathi, a mention as part of the aelven pantheon in a warcom article, mentioned in the hachette magazine Mortal Realms and in the Slaanesh book.

Apart from that, Malerion is an integral part of the story of AoS since it’s conception.

But I think this is not a competition about how many times time talk about who, actually chorfs have been confirmed by wf and Ulgorothis are missing from any hint, so I don’t expect them at all.

Mistweaver Saih has a lot stylistically in common with the Khainite Shadowstalkers so I think it's safer to say she's more a proto Daughter of Khaine than any of Malerion's followers.

That said Malerion will almost certainly happen at some point, he's too big a plot point to not. But the Chorfs will come first

• Like 2

I can't see GW releasing 2 big new armies, with all new stuff that implies, in the same edition.

Knowing that Chaos Dwarfs are definitely coming in 4th, that pushes Malerion and his followers back to 5th at best (I'd bet my life that they'll merge with DoK). Unless GW teases them with Warcry and/or Underworlds. Same possibility I think for Lumineth on Tyrion's side.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Draznak said:

I can't see GW releasing 2 big new armies, with all new stuff that implies, in the same edition.

Knowing that Chaos Dwarfs are definitely coming in 4th, that pushes Malerion and his followers back to 5th at best (I'd bet my life that they'll merge with DoK). Unless GW teases them with Warcry and/or Underworlds. Same possibility I think for Lumineth on Tyrion's side.

Votann and World eater got released at the same time

Tyrion and the lumineth are a already establish faction having Lumineth wave of models in the new edition during there tome cycle or a subfaction wave  is not out te realm of possibility as shown with Slaves to darkness. It not like the Tyrion side require a complete wave

Like what exactly is in the pipeline

Ogre refresh

Beast of Chaos

Cities of Sigmar part II

Fyreslayer 

Bonesplitterz?

The rest of the faction that "need stuff" doesn't need a complete refresh just a couple models to buff out the battscrolls in the same vain as sylvaneth

Like 3 edition we got Kruleboyz (basically an entire new army), Cities of sigmar, Slaves of Darkness & Darkoath, Seraphon, Flesh eater & Sylvaneth

4th got enough space

Edited by Dragon-knight77
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, EonChao said:

Mistweaver Saih has a lot stylistically in common with the Khainite Shadowstalkers so I think it's safer to say she's more a proto Daughter of Khaine than any of Malerion's followers.

That said Malerion will almost certainly happen at some point, he's too big a plot point to not. But the Chorfs will come first

In the hachette collection she is described as a Malerion aelf, at least in the spanish version.

Idk how canon is that.

1 hour ago, Ragest said:

Hm… no.

I already mentioned that Broken Realms short story, and I didn't want to mention non-battletome/campaign books because I figure they don't really factor into GW's planning. Of those, Chaos Duardin cameo in Scourge of Fate and the Warcry Anthology (The Iron Promise short story more specifically), and Soulbound: Era of the Beast speculates that Grungni may have come out of hiding due to the increasing activity of Hashut.

20 minutes ago, Ragest said:

In the hachette collection she is described as a Malerion aelf, at least in the spanish version.

Idk how canon is that.

Me moments ago:

Reminds me of the whole WarCom oopsie with the Umbraneth wording that they promptly removed from the shadowstalkers article way back when.

Have we ever had them use that wording since? Is this supposed to be the catch all for "dark elves" à la Morathi and Malerion's aelves united as a faction in the future, or just for her aelves per the articles original intent... or just not even canon and a total goof'em up by WarCom?

I don't recall ever getting any clarity on that.

Nevermind, it was a hoax and I forgot about hearing about it. Carry on!

Edited by GloomkingWortwazi
Bad information!

8 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

I think there'll be more new references for Chorfs/Malerion. 17 new kits combined for Votann (11) / WE (6), that's barely more than skavens will get at 4th launch (according to @SG Warhound infos, rats alone should get around 15).

As for Chorfs, I still think they're going to "replace" BoC. GW probably won't want to increase the number of armies for AoS with too many things to release/update already. If you add 40k, you end up with 50 factions (!) to renew every 3 years. And I'm not even talking about the other games... It's a crazy pace to keep up (but it's entirely their fault, I'm not going to feel sorry for them).

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

Reminds me of the whole WarCom oopsie with the Umbraneth wording that they promptly removed from the shadowstalkers article way back when.

Have we ever had them use that wording since? Is this supposed to be the catch all for "dark elves" à la Morathi and Malerion's aelves united as a faction in the future, or just for her aelves per the articles original intent... or just not even canon and a total goof'em up by WarCom?

I don't recall ever getting any clarity on that.

I think that "umbraneth" stuff was a hoax, the only word that we have about the elves in Ulgu is Ulgurothis in the last DoK book.

8 minutes ago, Ragest said:

I think that "umbraneth" stuff was a hoax, the only word that we have about the elves in Ulgu is Ulgurothis in the last DoK book.

Oh, you're right. Something was tickling my brain about it when I typed out the reply. Just gave it a quick google and yeah it was some faker nonsense.
I'll edit my post.

Good to know about the Ulgurothi thing though.

Edited by GloomkingWortwazi

44 minutes ago, Draznak said:

I agree. Malerion would be either the faction ending 4th, only if Chorfs appear quite early in the edition, or reserved for 5th.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I agree. Malerion would be either the faction ending 4th, only if Chorfs appear quite early in the edition, or reserved for 5th.

They can be a microarmy in DoK, such as KB in OW, Dark Oath in S2D, or CoS new wave.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Tyrion and the lumineth are a already establish faction having Lumineth wave of models in the new edition during there tome cycle or a subfaction wave  is not out te realm of possibility as shown with Slaves to darkness. It not like the Tyrion side require a complete wave

Like what exactly is in the pipeline

Ogre refresh

Beast of Chaos

Cities of Sigmar part II

Fyreslayer 

Bonesplitterz?

The rest of the faction that "need stuff" doesn't need a complete refresh just a couple models to buff out the battscrolls in the same vain as sylvaneth

Like 3 edition we got Kruleboyz (basically an entire new army), Cities of sigmar, Slaves of Darkness & Darkoath, Seraphon, Flesh eater & Sylvaneth

4th got enough space

Reallistically, I only see Ogors and CoS 2 as big refreshes, fs idk, dok, tzeentch or obr, as armies that feel uncompleted just need an expansion like ironjawz and popular armies such lumineth or soublight could be nice with the Sylvaneth/nh treatment with 3-4 boxes. 

Two new armies could fit.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Draznak said:

There is no real barrier to this. GW released 3 new factions plus Sons of Behemat in 2nd ed. In 3rd ed, their big releases were mostly expansions and refreshes (Kruleboyz, Cities, FEC, S2D...), but there is nothing stopping them from releasing two or three new armies next edition if they feel like it's worth it.

• Thanks 1