The Rumour Thread

16 minutes ago, Ragest said:

The want to break the stock record of dominion adding scenery into the starter box or what.

To answer your question slightly seriously. They’ve been doing the three tiers of starter for a while now. I wonder if they found that the scenery one sold best. I would also expect them  to make fewer boxes this time around. It wouldn’t surprise me if this sells out far quicker than Dominion but doesn’t get a mention in the financial report as it actually sells  fewer copies. 

27 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Different people, different tastes. I also prefer the closer-to-normal mortals approach, but I understand not everyone has the same taste. Also, add Allarielle (WHFB) to that list of the top 10 worst minis.

I think you mean Ariel. I’d blocked her out of my memory. She might actually win most disappointing. Especially going from this art. IMG_0749.jpeg.0d422653e8a985c81e44c584da91eab7.jpeg

to this mini.

IMG_0750.jpeg.ffedf0cffeb1afaa3c7eb6861d6c002b.jpeg

To get back to rumors. I really hope we get a 4th edition article tomorrow. I don’t think he should wait too long before they start drip feeding concrete info. You can already see the community going a bit crazy with speculation, especially on Reddit. 

• Like 1

Did some brightened up screen shots of the Skaven Leader on the Brood Horror looking mount, really like his pistol. 

That mount however is still not the Horned Mutated head we’ve seen! 

IMG_0573.jpeg

IMG_0572.jpeg

IMG_0569.jpeg

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Didnsome brightened up screen shots of the Skaven Leader on the Brood Horror looking mount, really like his pistol. 

That mount however is still not thr aHorned Mutated head we’ve seen! 

IMG_0573.jpeg

IMG_0572.jpeg

IMG_0569.jpeg

I think the horned rat we saw is the hero itself, not the mount.

2 hours ago, Gutpile said:

These boxes, both 40k and AoS, always have basic battleline troop models. If not Clanrats then what?

Plague monks, giant rats maybe even night runners or poisoned wind globadiers.

but I dunno we’ll see when the starter box fers announced.

hopefully will get something to look at this week

1 hour ago, Garrac said:

New piece of art dropped. That rat with stick looks... Diferent. Looks like a new master moulders to me.

RDT_20240324_1350184272070628550181333.jpg

Gary There I Am Spongebob GIF - Gary There I Am Spongebob ...

1 hour ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

Totally agree. I specifically loved that about Cult of the Possessed in Mordheim. I'd love to see some more of that side of things.
Maybe her spear is the narrative gateway to these models coming down the pipe in the future?

1 hour ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

The Accursed Cultists for 40K are something I'd love to see a rendition of as an AoS unit.

Or like a few people have mentioned pages back, heavily mutated beastmen as the replacement BoC would be an interesting way to bring some of this back.

40k Accursed cultist  have to be some of CSM greatest models to crossover as they're barely 40k and plop down in AOS with little to no conversion. Heavy mutated or just more variety of animal type beastmen would help it cast off it TOW shackles 

99120102147_AccursedCultistsLead__26010.1661999775.jpg?c=1

New Dark Commune : r/Warhammer40k

56 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I tweaked the contrast a bit to make it clearer. image(6).png.c394bb191cfcf7f0b972edfcfe65520d2.png.38112d3a6e24489e352759e7b3e36db9.png

Those two steelhelms are in a spot of bother. That does look like a new Skaven character. Are we still worried about 4th edition art? Both these pieces are great. 

Had no doubt that AOS 4th edition art would look rad. The only thing im just wishing for is a consistent battletome art. 40k got it good in 9th edition with Lewis jones, Phil moss & others bring out all new cover art for every faction none of that reusing prior edition art. This art give me hope because it give off this Dark fantasy grimdark but also show sparks of hope and righteousness with the Prosecutor angel in the background to make it "nobledark"

Chaos Space Marines | Rogue Traders Gaming

Pls tell me that there is an HD version of this artwork from Lewis Jones in  wallpaper size out there. Pls i need your help guys. I just can't find it.  It's

Ork mega WAAAAGH by ironclad935 on DeviantArt

also here the art separated if you wanted to edit them separately 

1711232561888264.png

1711232706142192.png

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I think the horned rat we saw is the hero itself, not the mount.

I personally think it looks too detailed and monster like. But thats just going from the Blurry shot we got. 

1 minute ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

This art give me hope because it give off this Dark fantasy grimdark but also show sparks of hope and righteousness with the Prosecutor angel in the background to make it "nobledark"

I agree. Nobledark is really the ambiance AoS tries and should aspire to be.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Holy_Diver said:

She needs a better color scheme, this is full of boring colors.
And a little personal touch: the sculture is awesome, but why make female characters that don't have ANY feminine traits?
It's non sense.

I think that is exactly the point (and I agree).

Edit: Re-reading my comment, maybe someone can mistake my message. I meant that I agree that there are female characters do not exhibit feminine traits. I do not want waifus with chainmail bikinis.

Edited by Someravella
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Sarges said:

image.png.4e5917ea6b47dfc1034a968632062262.png

Ah, that "that 1 degree tilt" is a "boob-plate". Ooooook, thanks for teaching me this, mr Smith 🤭

2 hours ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

The breastplate is elongated around the pectoral line and has a clear chamfer off from that line. That is how you fit a breastplate to a large female form while maintaining as much protection as possible from blows collapsing the form.

As to the face, the bone structure of the cheeks is classically feminine in nature.

She's not the face of classical art beauties, nor something in between. She is the face of a large framed buff woman.

I'm not sure what else to say on it other then google some strongwoman images and female breastplates.
I am sorry to have derailed the thread with my response. I should have just scrolled on past like I have been. I am opting out of this very stale topic.

Over to James Workshop with the weather!

In any case, there seems to be two schools of thought around here, "those who demand specific concepts" and "those who are more generalist". I'm part of the first and I don't think I've gone off topic in talking about a miniature that has yet to be released.

@GloomkingWortwazi In a place that thrives on the exchange of points of view I find it a little childish to take it personally if a user writes a non-biased reflection (therefore ignoring anything that has happened here in the past). For me the miniature is cool, but whoever conceived it was very lazy and this is an unquestionable fact: he simply took a Chaos Lord on Karkadrak and a Varanguard and mixed them, that's it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Holy_Diver said:

Ah, that "that 1 degree tilt" is a "boob-plate". Ooooook, thanks for teaching me this, mr Smith 🤭

In any case, there seems to be two schools of thought around here, "those who demand specific concepts" and "those who are more generalist". I'm part of the first and I don't think I've gone off topic in talking about a miniature that has yet to be released.

@GloomkingWortwazi In a place that thrives on the exchange of points of view I find it a little childish to take it personally if a user writes a non-biased reflection (therefore ignoring anything that has happened here in the past). For me the miniature is cool, but whoever conceived it was very lazy and this is an unquestionable fact: he simply took a Chaos Lord on Karkadrak and a Varanguard and mixed them, that's it.

Ones own reflections cannot be unbiased.

Let's respectfully agree that we disagree and move back onto topic.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

We had such an incredible week of rumors last week it now feels like I'm going through withdrawals. 

Let's hope all the leakers out there are safe and not in GW jail. 

Also I'm banking on the Warcry Box set being announced today... papa frog needs a giant stone slann head. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Gary There I Am Spongebob GIF - Gary There I Am Spongebob ...

40k Accursed cultist  have to be some of CSM greatest models to crossover as they're barely 40k and plop down in AOS with little to no conversion. Heavy mutated or just more variety of animal type beastmen would help it cast off it TOW shackles 

99120102147_AccursedCultistsLead__26010.1661999775.jpg?c=1

New Dark Commune : r/Warhammer40k

Had no doubt that AOS 4th edition art would look rad. The only thing im just wishing for is a consistent battletome art. 40k got it good in 9th edition with Lewis jones, Phil moss & others bring out all new cover art for every faction none of that reusing prior edition art. This art give me hope because it give off this Dark fantasy grimdark but also show sparks of hope and righteousness with the Prosecutor angel in the background to make it "nobledark"

Chaos Space Marines | Rogue Traders Gaming

Pls tell me that there is an HD version of this artwork from Lewis Jones in  wallpaper size out there. Pls i need your help guys. I just can't find it.  It's

Ork mega WAAAAGH by ironclad935 on DeviantArt

also here the art separated if you wanted to edit them separately 

1711232561888264.png

1711232706142192.png

Here are the links to the pics. So whoever wants to do something with them doesn't suffer the forum compression:

https://ageofsigmar.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/SD9EQG12OF3mUjkk.png

https://ageofsigmar.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/XtT0y2fldmcc080f.png

The same is that they are so darkened because they are used as a background, but I am pretty sure that we would see them again either in the new big book or featured in warcom articles.

Edited by Ejecutor

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

I'm genuinely surprised anybody likes these. If I was making a personal top ten of worst gw sculpts these guys would be in there with the razorgor, old Nagash  and the current bullgors (who definitely win most disappointing as I love monitaurs as a concept). 

As a until yes. As bits for converting they are great!

1 hour ago, Holy_Diver said:

th.gif

• Confused 4
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Peacaf said:

The blissbarb archers are out of stock and not temporarily.

15 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

They literally just came out, calm down my guy. Odds are they’re prepping for a box change.

Exactly. Old Warhammer kits are in danger. Not new Slaanesh kits designed for AoS.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Just went looking through the range, and seems like stuff shared between TOW and AoS is probably safe for now.

So hopefully Dispossessed will stay with us for a bit still (while being a comparatively worse deal probably with 10 vs 20 for infantry)

• Thanks 1

Underworlds: Wintermaw pre-order next week.

After some huge reveals at AdeptiCon, including the first news of the next edition of Warhammer Age of Sigmar, Warhammer Community will continue to bring the hits with new articles about the lore of the Mortal Realms and information about the modularity of the new rules. We’ll also have coverage of Golden Demon at AdeptiCon, more information about Kill Team: Nightmare, and plenty else besides.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Exactly. Old Warhammer kits are in danger. Not new Slaanesh kits designed for AoS.

No, it's out of stock due to massive purchases by TOW players who are selling out the entire AoS range to use in TOW.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 3