The Rumour Thread

33 minutes ago, Baz said:

They mentioned tactic cards for spearhead and this made me think secondary objectives from 40k randomly drawn each turn. Anyone else think this is what battle tactics will become? 

Iirc one of the studio guys mentioned card mechanics at another point so it's possible I suppose 

Edited by Luperci

In the end, the only rat model we saw was mine, and wasn't even a new one.

Anyway: I'm a bit angry because I got into the game again with FEC, bought an little army and the book, invested in some heavy conversions (meaning expensive kitbashes) and now that book, cards and everything are going to be useless more or less on time to have my army fully painted. I'm sure you're all loving it but being indexed isn't that great for some of us...

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

Just now, Vagard said:

According to V10 40k last year, when can we expect more new from now? 

It's hard to say because a lot of Leviathan was.shown off at Warhammerfest, which isn't happening this year. I'm not sure when the next big con/event is happening before summer.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Vagard said:

According to V10 40k last year, when can we expect more new from now? 

If it's the same pattern as last year for 40k, we should have the contents of the new AoS launch box by the end of April (April 29, 2023 for the Leviathan reveal).

20 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with secondary objectives, but the battle tactics as they stand in 3rd edition are just not it, they're not particularly engaging or interesting, and have a outsized effect on game outcome/'top armies,' that system wants a ground-up reworking, imo.  Hopefully they're just using the same name for a reimagined system in the new rules...

Exactly! Battle tactics are hugely fun. They give you hard decisions in the list building stage and in the mid game.

The problem is that many (not all) battle tactics are uninteractive. For instance, KO's 'get in a boat' or 'get out of a boat'.

Or else they force you to hang back and not engage, I.e. magical dominance to be out of unbind range, or surround and destroy.

These battle tactics actually reward you for not fighting your opponent. 

Therefore you get armies like Big Waagh (pre battlescroll) which looked like a combat army but was actually one that hung back, did a few moves here and there, scored some primary and secondary, but rarely got stuck in.

Compare that to my favourite generic battle tactic - led into the maelstrom.

You have to complete a charge with hero and battleline and still be in combat with one of those at the end of the turn. It forces you to think about what you're putting in to combat. You want to kill your opponent, but not too much, and you don't want your stuff to die too badly on the clapback.

It's super fun and engaging, and turns so much on the dice roll. 

If there are changes to battle tactics, this is what I'd like to see more of. Stuff that gets you into combat, depends on you and your opponent rolling dice, and isn't an auto-complete.

Edited by Jagged Red Lines

1 hour ago, Garrac said:

Ok @Whitefang back me up do something new, its your time to shine: is the box bigger or not?

Ok, seems like indeed they have abandoned the leaking discussion for a while. 

I didnt want to annoy you, but never Lost anything for asking. I also think baits are kinda disrespectful at this point of the match, so Im gonna ask directly as well. So, what do you say to this question @Whitefang? Will the starter box be bigger than what the trailer shows? Or is this all?

1 minute ago, Mr_Whateley said:

Anyway: I'm a bit angry because I got into the game again with FEC, bought an little army and the book, invested in some heavy conversions (meaning expensive kitbashes) and now that book, cards and everything are going to be useless more or less on time to have my army fully painted. I'm sure you're all loving it but being indexed isn't that great for some of us...

It's just the book that gets invalidated and you get new rules for free, if you bought the FEC army box then it's not like you even "wasted" money on the battletome too

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mr_Whateley said:

I have fec aswell and I don’t see any problem. The book came with the box and have bits of lore and painting so is not just about rules and the models will be still there.

The only problem would be metachasing, just buying the top warscrolls and see how they get nerfed, bit I think that is a very bad approach for this game.

Edited by Ragest
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

So this could be for Ruination and it's logical for the sake of not having 100 units... 

Btw.... anyone says nothing about the liberators with the Vindictors armor?? Or Vindictors with liberator hammers?? Will Liberators and Vindictors join in one kit with spear/hammer/sword?? I see too new the Vindictors to make this change but who knows... 

Liberators with Thunderstrike armour. It is not Vindictor's armour. More units would share that armour.

Ok,  my little Adepticon recap here :

Nice overall, but not whaoh effect of last year (can't have primarchs every year). The fact that no miniatures were unveiled for AoS launch box is a factor here.

AoS : superb cinematic. Technical progress since 3rd edition. Skaven are going to have a great range. A little disappointed by Ruination chamber. Seems to be just veterans/bladeguards. The griffin looks nice (I like griffins). For once, I can't wait for more info on rules (please make 1k format nice).

40k : Zero interest. Next.

Underworlds : I really like this humans fanatics (I'm not very objective about COS) ! Just the right touch of originality for AoS. Ghouls are blander but still nice. A box I'm going to buy for an excellent game (perhaps the best in GW catalogue right now if you like card-combos like Magic).

Warcry : Meh. I'm not an ossiarch fan but I agree this minis are decent. The same goes for Sylvaneth. Yeah, I can't get my heart set on this box, but that's OK.

Kill Team : Very cool Votanns ! If only I had time, manpower and an extra bank account, I'd make a 40k Votann army. Nothing special for GenCult, but I do like their colour scheme though.

TOW : Very nice dwarf characters. The rest doesn't interest him.

HH : No interest.

Necromunda : No interest.

Edited by Draznak
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bosskelot said:

It's hard to say because a lot of Leviathan was.shown off at Warhammerfest, which isn't happening this year. I'm not sure when the next big con/event is happening before summer.

January - Las Vegas Open (27/1/2023 | 18/1/2024)

February -

March - Warhammer World Open Day (4/3/2023) & Adepticon (22/3/2023)

April - Warhammer Fest (24/4/2023)

May -

June -

July - Not Warhammer 40,000 Preview (1/7/2023) & Battle for Oghram Preview (15/7/2023)

August - Nova Open (31/8/2023)

September -

October - Warhammer Day (14/10/2023)

November - World Championships of Warhammer (18/11/2023)

December - The Black Library Preview (9/12/2023)

Something gotta happen instead of the Warhammer Fest. Otherwise there's a massive gap.

Edited by Ejecutor

4 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

I'm not sure that telling someone who is upset that their problem isn't really a problem is going to be the most constructive thing to do.

It's fine to feel vexed by the cost of edition change.

Well, you are not wasting money. You would ever be able to play 3rd ed with it. It is not that bad.

19 minutes ago, Luperci said:

It's just the book that gets invalidated and you get new rules for free, if you bought the FEC army box then it's not like you even "wasted" money on the battletome too

well, got 2 boxes, not it's obvious that the sealed book & cards I was trying to sell is going to live with me forever.

It's more a thing about the waste of paper and space than anything else.

On 3/16/2024 at 5:11 AM, king.del said:

This is the lie. There is no flaw. It works as intended, scrapping those parts of the soul which prevent reforging.

I'm claiming a win.

From the trailer: "Sigmar lied. He never told us the true cost of this honour. Soon, all that will remain of me is an echo. Lost to the storm. But until that day...I fight. "

So from this, SCE seem to still see reforging as a honour, despite their eventual demise, and gladly pay this price. The "lie", is just a lie of omission.

I will say my theory made a lot of people say they dislike this direction that SCE were going, or say they thought it made them less interesting.

My view is that this change makes them more interesting, grants them more humanity in a way. They now "know" that they have a limited number of reforgings. Sure, they have more deaths than a normal human, but this change reintroduces risk/stakes to their personal stories. I love SCE, but their novels/short stories didn't excite me. I now can't wait to read about the new chamber, its members and how this new lore affects the standard SCE.

Can't wait to read your thoughts on this. Especially you lore masters.

6 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

I'm not sure that telling someone who is upset that their problem isn't really a problem is going to be the most constructive thing to do.

It's fine to feel vexed by the cost of edition change.

But is there any, in this particular case? You "lose" the rules - but you've never even played with them anyway.

great reveals, sad there isn't a nurgle daemon warband in the underworlds box though, the FeC warband feels somewhat safe to me while normally underworlds warbands go all out.

Maybe one of the 2 seperate warband boxes will have some juicy daemons though.

The new chaos character is cool, I'd just wish all these characters had a generic character option too, same for Ionis it'd be cool to make your own character on a giant beast, I know there's kitbashing. but It would have been cool to have seperate rules.

Liked the trailer but its a bit of a dud for me without a single model reveal, stormcast seem to be getting bigger again, a sad thing for me seeing I liked the slim approach 3rd edition had.

Also really hoping 5th edition (whenever it may arrive) feuture a different faction then SCE

3 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Opinion : that Sylvaneth warband gives us 1/ a glimpse of what a potential dryad resculpt would look like and 2/ makes me think GW wants to release as much forest spirits as possible before Kurnothi inevitably hit the shelves.

I love the Sylvaneth warband! I like how the Dryads are much improved from their older version, I love the corruption on each of the Sylvaneth, the only thing I'm missing is an insect companion. More insect focus for Sylvaneth would be amazing.

Also, I still don't know how inevitable the Kurnothi are. We don't even have Malerion and his aelves yet, which are a thing in lore a lot longer than Kurnothi were. Same thing with Tyrion.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Opinion : that Sylvaneth warband gives us 1/ a glimpse of what a potential dryad resculpt would look like and 2/ makes me think GW wants to release as much forest spirits as possible before Kurnothi inevitably hit the shelves.

"inevitably"

7 minutes ago, Glutos said:

great reveals, sad there isn't a nurgle daemon warband in the underworlds box though, the FeC warband feels somewhat safe to me while normally underworlds warbands go all out.

Maybe one of the 2 seperate warband boxes will have some juicy daemons though.

The new chaos character is cool, I'd just wish all these characters had a generic character option too, same for Ionis it'd be cool to make your own character on a giant beast, I know there's kitbashing. but It would have been cool to have seperate rules.

Liked the trailer but its a bit of a dud for me without a single model reveal, stormcast seem to be getting bigger again, a sad thing for me seeing I liked the slim approach 3rd edition had.

Also really hoping 5th edition (whenever it may arrive) feuture a different faction then SCE

Don't put much attention into Stormcast going bigger. In the 3D models our "slim" Stormcast appear bigger than the first ones, so probably the models surprise us.