The Rumour Thread

29 minutes ago, Whitefang back me up said:

I’m going to go dark now, it’s been a good run. I will leave you with one final tease:

Abraxia, Spear of the Everchosen will be making her entrance very very shortly. 

Tell us something new xD

4 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Ossiarch Hunting Dog looks incredible I love it!!

Yeah it's great. Did you know I love Warcry ? Because I do. Speaking of which, we have 2 Underworld warbands and 1 other Warcry team to guess.

I'm not sure we'll get Idoneth in either setting : we just got the Octopus IDK team in last WHU Starter Set, and we just got Water Aelves in Warcry (vs Fire Nighthaunts). So the 2-3 Rumor Engines must be for AOS proper if they are indeed related to Idoneth...

Then, of course, exquisite perfection : Slaane Daemons Of Nurgle. We have a Rumor Engine that could be Epidemius / Herald on Palanquin (holding a book while seated on something) : so something for AOS/40k (but Chaos Daemons aren't announced there), too big a kit for WHU/Warcry.

So could be :

• Heralds Of Nurlge on foot team for WHU, just like the Tzeentch Pandaemonium / Slaanesh Discords. We had Nurgle Mortals some past season. 
  • Because of the Rumor Engine with an Ossiarch Skeletal "feet" resting on a Plaguebearer Skull (and we have confirmation OBR are next for Warcry), a Daemons Nurgle team ? IMO doesn't fit because 1. no real Deamons warbands in Warcry (well, yet) and 2. we had Nurgle Mortals this season. 

TLDR : As much as I want Epidemius / Herald on Palanquin for AOS, I'll go for Nurgle Heralds in the next WHU starter set.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I love all this 4th edition stuff but i would like to see whats in store for Warcry after this OBR box. New edition? Maybe a 2.5 edition like catacombs? I need more info!

I think someone said we are still 1 year away from the new edition.

Tbh though Fyreslayer got a box for Dawnbringers, A Warcry team and an Anniversary model while IDK just got that UW team with their last before that being Thrallmaster which was 2 years ago so there is a chance they could get one as they are one of the last factions without a bespoke team.

4 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

I'm not sure we'll get Idoneth in either setting : we just got the Octopus IDK team in last WHU Starter Set

I think it could be OBR vs IDK. Both don’t have one, and we know the OBR are one, and the other safe contenders are Skaven (A strong possibility, though probably more likely to full-commit and do that one with their refresh), Slaanesh (Not really likely, I don’t think we have any rumors for them ATM), GSG (See previous), Ironjawz (See previous), KO (Minimal thematic ties, but we’ve seen weirder), and Sylvaneth (Kurnothi could definitely work as a Hunter v Hunter theme), which leads me to believe it’s OBR vs SYL, OBR vs SKV, or OBR vs IDK. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

OBR vs SYL, OBR vs SKV, or OBR vs IDK. 

But... the Rumor Engines (Ossiarch Feet on Nurgle Bone) ? and the Water Aelves warband in the very last VS box ?

(Then Skaven could fit : some sort of poisoners with all the deathly potions RE. I don't see enough RE being Kurnothi TBF, or I'm taking Kurnothi/Sylvaneth RE to be Nurgly).

Yet I see a pattern with WHU Starter Set : 

• Wyrdhollow (Spring 2023) : SCE vs Tzeentch Daemons
  • Deathgorge (Fall 2023) : IDK vs Slaanesh Daemons
  • NounNounSmthg (Spring 2024) : ??? vs Nurlge Heralds Daemons

Yeah yeah I know "GW and Patterns", but still...

11 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

But... the Rumor Engines (Ossiarch Feet on Nurgle Bone) ? and the Water Aelves warband in the very last VS box ?

(Then Skaven could fit : some sort of poisoners with all the deathly potions RE. I don't see enough RE being Kurnothi TBF, or I'm taking Kurnothi/Sylvaneth RE to be Nurgly).

Yet I see a pattern with WHU Starter Set : 

• Wyrdhollow (Spring 2023) : SCE vs Tzeentch Daemons
  • Deathgorge (Fall 2023) : IDK vs Slaanesh Daemons
  • NounNounSmthg (Spring 2024) : ??? vs Nurlge Heralds Daemons

Yeah yeah I know "GW and Patterns", but still...

Hobgrots VS Nurgle Heralds

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, Flippy said:

You really think that a Lumineth warband somehow affects the chance for Idoneth appearance?

Two Warcry VS boxed sets back to back ? Absolutely, yes. (It's not entirely impossible of course, but for Warcry I'm really not seeing it). 

1 minute ago, Nezzhil said:

Hobgrots VS Nurgle Heralds

I would be all in TBH, I love the Dominion Hobgrots too. 

5 minutes ago, PJetski said:

On a recent Loremasters episode about the Gnarlwood they mentioned Sylvaneth and OBR in those woods, and we still haven't seen anything for Sylvaneth for Warcry.

This could be the last release for the Gnarlwood as a setting for Warcry. God willing, we’ve been here for a while already 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PJetski said:

On a recent Loremasters episode about the Gnarlwood they mentioned Sylvaneth and OBR in those woods, and we still haven't seen anything for Sylvaneth for Warcry.

1 minute ago, ScionOfOssia said:

This could be the last release for the Gnarlwood as a setting for Warcry. God willing, we’ve been here for a while already 

Okay, great intel +1 point for Sylvaneth (even Kurnothi variant) being in the last boxed set of the season, then. And of course the Hive rumor engine could be Sylvaneth / Kurnothi (and not Nurgle or 40k alien).

--

I'm very hyped by all this talks and teasers, but what I really want from AOS 4th Edition

• Map of Azyr
  • Intact Azyrite Buildings of some sort
  • Herald Of Nurgle on Palanquin (and if I'm very greedy : plastic Pestigors and Plague Toads)

5 hours ago, Garrac said:

oBp1UxlViDoOtZTz.jpg.7dda15ad50b6a5615d27fea2ac3784d2.jpg

Il est 4 heures du matin dans mon pays, mais je m'en fiche, je ne pourrai pas dormir de toute façon

4 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

******. Encore 4 heures du matin. Je serai là.

we're together guys !

Sylvaneth vs OBR would make sense with Dawnbringers too since I think it was book 1 or 2 that had the Kurnothi fighting against OBR standing guard outside of New Summercourt.  I wonder if these OBR are trying to re-capture or find Ushoran?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Okay, great intel +1 point for Sylvaneth (even Kurnothi variant) being in the last boxed set of the season, then. And of course the Hive rumor engine could be Sylvaneth / Kurnothi (and not Nurgle or 40k alien).

--

I'm very hyped by all this talks and teasers, but what I really want from AOS 4th Edition

• Map of Azyr
  • Intact Azyrite Buildings of some sort
  • Herald Of Nurgle on Palanquin (and if I'm very greedy : plastic Pestigors and Plague Toads)

Don't you think the Azyrite buildings would be quite similar to what we already have? I would prefer something new.

1 minute ago, Copywolf said:

Sylvaneth vs OBR would make sense with Dawnbringers too since I think it was book 1 or 2 that had the Kurnothi fighting against OBR standing guard outside of New Summercourt.  I wonder if these OBR are trying to re-capture or find Ushoran?

Some bits of them are trying to rebuild the wall exploded by the Dawners, but due to Allariel's ritual of life they are having a really tough time.

Apart from that the ruler of those OBR sent a bit of the army to follow and hostigate the crusade.

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

Don't you think the Azyrite buildings would be quite similar to what we already have? I would prefer something new.

Well we 100% need to be able to represent Towers and Houses of the Stormcasts and the Cities of Sigmar, so yeah I want Stormkeep or CoS Fortifications or Building. Like we had the WFB Fortress or the Empire Fortified Village (and the Dreadhold range in AOS1).

Also, Adepticon Easy Guesses :

• AOS : Khul, Abraxia, DB6 ; Skaven vs Ruination SCE trailers and models teaser 
  • 40k : Chaos Space Marine lord and boxed set
  • Warcry : Ossiarch vs ??? (Maybe alone like Kruleboyz and Fyreslayers, adversary being shown later)
  • WUW : Starer Set XXX vs ZZZ
  • TOW : Dwarfs range
  • KT : some Valrak confirmation
  • (Necromunda and HH : mere teasers)

• Like 2

Updating Clanrats definitely makes sense. They may not be the oldest or ugliest models, but I don't think the importance of having fresh, easy to build, and plentiful core troops to entice new collectors can be overestimated. And that's really what these launch boxes are designed to do, in my mind - create new collectors. They make players go "You know, I always loved the idea of [army], but the models were holding me back. But now..."

As for rumor engines, I could be wrong on this, but have any of the launch box army models (Nighthaunt, Tyranids, Necrons, etc.) ever featured in rumors engines? I wanna say no? Except for the specific one they did for Kruleboyz.

4 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

yeah i'm not really sure why there's any pushback against new Clanrats?? Imagine the Seraphon refresh without Saurus.., skinks still need a bit of an update but there would be no refresh wave without Saurus period.

Probably ratfolks prefer other older kits to get the update. I still find It weird that the héroes for those Clans will disappear, will be weirder to have all the fun Moulder monsters whitout a máster on the whip.

• Thanks 2