The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, EntMan said:

So, who do you think we'll be hearing about today? 

We know so little few about Book V currently that I am not sure. Maybe it is Khorne time, if we focus ourselves on the Hammerhall siege or NH time, if we focus on Reikenor coming from Shyis to attack the new Aqshyan settlement (Embergard).

All of this is based on the latest post: How Is the Twin-Tailed Crusade Getting On in Dawnbringers Book V? - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Garrac said:

This year 40k should have anounced at adepticon just the Imperial Agents for summer

Not 40k board obv. but agents? i fully expected them to saty as an Index, they dont really make much sense as a single army if Sisters GK and Deathwatch will remain separate from them

2 minutes ago, Gutsu17 said:

Not 40k board obv. but agents? i fully expected them to saty as an Index, they dont really make much sense as a single army if Sisters GK and Deathwatch will remain separate from them

It's a rumour that I have definitely seen floating around. Would be cool, especially if it comes with the right kind of model support. But I agree, it's definitely an out of left field choice.

9 minutes ago, Gutsu17 said:

Valrak and Whitefang 2.0 have already stated that Agents are the top secret army for this summer, and will come with 3 launch boxes for each ordo.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

WHO ARE YOU CALLING SHORT?

It is a bit sad that they didn't put a new drawing of the short dudes. A new dedicated illustration giving some flavourful new style and the axe RE in the same week... would have killed us.

image.png.1e71e412aac0e940069b8ae940609f3b.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

It is a bit sad that they didn't put a new drawing of the short dudes. A new dedicated illustration giving some flavourful new style and the axe RE in the same week... would have killed us.

image.png.1e71e412aac0e940069b8ae940609f3b.png

What if... Hear me out... What if... Listen now...What if the axe RE really is for them. The next focus of CoS being the non humans would be brilliant. Honestly would love to see some updated Covens but honestly I believe Dispossessed deserve the update first with there already being more aelves options.

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 4

Since I don't really have much time left to speculate on the plot of Dawnbringers V, might as well do it now.

We know Reikenor the Grimhailer is the leader of the Nighthaunt attacking Embergard. Now, what does he do? Nagash sends Reikenor to slay those who attempt to cheat death. 

I think he's attacking because Zenestra is on his hitlist and whatever exactly she is will be elaborated on. 

• Like 11

Just now, BarakUrbaz said:

Since I don't really have much time left to speculate on the plot of Dawnbringers V, might as well do it now.

We know Reikenor the Grimhailer is the leader of the Nighthaunt attacking Embergard. Now, what does he do? Nagash sends Reikenor to slay those who attempt to cheat death. 

I think he's attacking because Zenestra is on his hitlist and whatever exactly she is will be elaborated on. 

We got recently introduced Ouruboros, a minor death god. Maybe Zenestra is another one? Especially if the rumours about death being important next ed are true. Maybe we get a rise of minor death gods while Nagash is taking a nap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

We know so little few about Book V currently that I am not sure. Maybe it is Khorne time, if we focus ourselves on the Hammerhall siege or NH time, if we focus on Reikenor coming from Shyis to attack the new Aqshyan settlement (Embergard).

All of this is based on the latest post: How Is the Twin-Tailed Crusade Getting On in Dawnbringers Book V? - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

I was right. It was NH time in some way.

36 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

The week's Chronicle:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/03/08/dawnbringer-chronicles-xxiii-a-murder-in-catacomb-12/

DISPOSSESSED MENTIONED!

FREE THAT POOR EXCAVATOR!

I guess the rumored ace is for aos then

32 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

WHO ARE YOU CALLING SHORT?

Short,

short!

this is going into the book

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Nah, it's just Reikenor. At least in today's story. It's all there: The scythe, candles, his weird horse.

Reikenor and the new Pyre and Flood NHs, aren't they?

image.png.7acdc3902faab9aa995df4af4cf8efb5.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Nah, it's just Reikenor. At least in today's story. It's all there: The scythe, candles, his weird horse.

yep i know reikenor and the pyro ghost things, but if we are speculating on some Dispossessed future release 🤔

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Freemeta said:

yep i know reikenor and the pyro ghost things, but if we are speculating on some Dispossessed future release 🤔

I mean some normal less armored byt still quit heavily armored dwarf warriors would be cool.

although I could see the return of some artilerry as well as maybe some mechanized stone statues.

golems of this kind of sort have been mentioned as rumors of the old world, i see no reason why they shouldn’t have found the ancient rune magic that did that

BY GOD IT’S REIKENOR FROM THE TOP ROPE! I don’t know if they’ll be willing to let a relatively unimportant character like Reikenor dropkick the new character (Zenestra) but god would it be cathartic to watch her cult get absolutely bodied, and it would be a win for the Nighthaunt which I’m all for. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Freemeta said:

2 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I mean some normal less armored byt still quit heavily armored dwarf warriors would be cool.

although I could see the return of some artilerry as well as maybe some mechanized stone statues.

golems of this kind of sort have been mentioned as rumors of the old world, i see no reason why they shouldn’t have found the ancient rune magic that did that

There was also a mention of the Valaya ancestor cult in the story. So that would be a neat direction for Dispossessed to go in.

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

Just now, ScionOfOssia said:

BY GOD IT’S REIKENOR FROM THE TOP ROPE! I don’t know if they’ll be willing to let a relatively unimportant character like Reikenor dropkick the new character (Zenestra) but god would it be cathartic to watch her cult get absolutely bodied, and it would be a win for the Nighthaunt which I’m all for. 

Zenestra is great, because she gives Order a Death-style jobber that can get beat down and then just mysteriously reappear later.

To tie it all more to her it also mentioned the sarcophagi being tied to WHEELS. I also wonder if there is a more personal connection to Reikenor and the pyreguard as they were able to make someone burst in to flames. Didn't Zenestra also make a bunch of people burst in to flames?

• Like 1

Good to see Reikenor feature. As a NH character, he’s a distant third behind Olynder and Kurdoss in terms of characterisation so will be good to see him get fleshed out a bit. The core features and visual language around him - Hysh, former sorceror-king, the corpse candles - are solid and can clearly be turned to good horror effect as in this short.

Also we probably shouldn’t be surprised the see the Warcry Pyregheists feature here, just as with the gorgers and wilderkorps. I wonder if this suggests that the Lumineth river temple monks will feature soon?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

There was also a mention of the Valaya ancestor cult in the story. So that would be a neat direction for Dispossessed to go in.

Would be pretty interesting to have:

• Grungni - Kharadron (advanced tech)
  • Grimnir - Fyreslayers (slayers)
  • Valaya - Dispossessed (hearth and home/traditional dwarves)
Edited by Asbestress
  • Like 8