The Rumour Thread

23 minutes ago, ERHanmer said:

As a Deepkin main, we don't NEED new stuff. We need rules reworks. Our army is outclassed by everyone else because our gimmicks are negated by other rules.

Sure. Then, with a healthy amount of minis at our disposal, we can bounce between eel spam, shark spam and Namarti spam. Truly, a well rounded faction.

Last Warhammer Day had 4 reveals.

Arks of Omen: Farsight with accompanying model

Boss Snikrot along the AoO

And the reveal for the Khorne and Slaanesh battle tome with their respective foot heroes

So from that information, I will guess that the last Dawnbringers book will be revealed with 2 models shown, and the reveal of the new characters that Custodes and Orks will get in 40k.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Someravella said:

We kruleboyz say that gitmob grots are welcome to join us.

2nd KB wave and gitmob. Two snotlings with one stone.

2nd time quoted as I jut had a thought. This would be a great way to incorporate the Snarlfangs poisonous mouth that is addressed in lore but strangely absent from their warscroll rules. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

About a potential CoS wave 2 : non CoS players really need to understand Cities is still made of 2/3 WFB models, that will eventually go to TOW or be discontinued. Purely AoS models in Cities are actually a minority in their own army, and if you want to play with them only, your options are somewhat limited. It feels strongly like a WIP army. That will have to change sooner or later, and some of the WFB models will need replacements too.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, ScionOfOssia said:

I’d be annoyed if one of the Wave 2s goes to two of the largest factions (Gloomspite and Cities) as opposed to KO, FS, Idoneth, or the Bonereapers who all need it far more. We even know the Bonereapers are getting a new Morghast of some description. 

Well people keep yelling about taking Stormcast off the poster-faction, and the only thing that would replace them IS Cities period. The fact that the revamp is extremely specific to Dawnbringer Crusades also means there are cityguard or even standing armies that are still yet to be seen.

It would be very easy to do Cities wave 2, especially if aelves and duardin stay. Which they should!

1 hour ago, Flippy said:

While I know their typical behaviour (and I don't usually complain) it is somewhat intriguing that GW always seems to gravitate towards this flawed 40k approach with main (every year brings new SM!) and background factions (Warp Spiders celebrate their 30th birthday this year. Stay strong!). Sometimes, I would really like to just seat and listen during their management board meetings. 

Luckily AoS doesn't have such a leading faction.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Captaniser said:

Last Warhammer Day had 4 reveals.

Arks of Omen: Farsight with accompanying model

Boss Snikrot along the AoO

And the reveal for the Khorne and Slaanesh battle tome with their respective foot heroes

So from that information, I will guess that the last Dawnbringers book will be revealed with 2 models shown, and the reveal of the new characters that Custodes and Orks will get in 40k.

What about the goose? That model would de solved in the post 100%.

40 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

About a potential CoS wave 2 : non CoS players really need to understand Cities is still made of 2/3 WFB models, that will eventually go to TOW or be discontinued. Purely AoS models in Cities are actually a minority in their own army, and if you want to play with them only, your options are somewhat limited. It feels strongly like a WIP army. That will have to change sooner or later, and some of the WFB models will need replacements too.

Sure they will and I can totally see this second wave coming, let’s say, with the launch of AoS 5th edition. Meanwhile, please GW, show some love for those lowly and neglected.

4 hours ago, Flippy said:

Maybe, but if there is any fairness in GW planning (not that i believe in it), both CoS and FEC should now stand at the very end of a long, long queue. 

I don't think FEC is getting new models any time soon, but Cities would probably see a 2nd wave in 4th edition. There is just too much about the Dawnbringers and the various Cults and the mechanical stuff (cogforts) that wasn't fully explored in this release but they've been hyping it up for years.

• Like 4

Coming back to check in rumours. Any new news on BoC. Are we being squatted into ToW? or getting any range refresh/AoSification at any point?

Not holding my breath on them getting anything this side of the millennium, but good to ask..

19 minutes ago, Flippy said:

Sure they will and I can totally see this second wave coming, let’s say, with the launch of AoS 5th edition. Meanwhile, please GW, show some love for those lowly and neglected.

CoS will never be a launch faction. Models are too small and intricate for starter sets aimed at new hobbyists, they take a long time to build and paint, order system is hard to master. SCE with their big, flat surfaces and elite "good guys" army status will always remain the launch faction imo.

And Cities have been lowly and neglected for all AoS except the last 6 months... now that we got our wave of 12 kits after waiting 8 years, you're all acting like Cities is some kind of privileged army like SCE or Slaanesh/LRL who got 2 waves in 1 edition... where there still is a lot left to work out in Cities.

• Like 15

11 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

And Cities have been lowly and neglected for all AoS except the last 6 months... now that we got our wave of 12 kits after waiting 8 years, you're all acting like Cities is some kind of privileged army like SCE or Slaanesh/LRL who got 2 waves in 1 edition... where there still is a lot left to work out in Cities.

I am acting like Cities is some kind of privileged army? We clearly have a very different perspective on this, so let’s just finish with this conclusion.

Edited by Flippy

I'm old school, I'd like Cities to actually be privileged for a bit! 😂 The basic human is always the perfect contrast to all the other factions. Not that I don't like SCE but regular dudes simply portray the dangers of all the evil factions better than fantasy space marines, who are extremely strong individuals.

A story about nids is more fun if the imperium is involved than fearless Space Marines to draw a parallel. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Just give him his TOW rules.

Yeah, just give him any other rules than the ones he's got ATM. He's more or less a tax at this point, must be a new ploy of the green party to make things more expensive!

• Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

What about the goose? That model would de solved in the post 100%.

That goose is hopefully an agent of Tzeentch. I'm not even kidding. I want a goose in my army.

Might as well throw my hat into the ring regarding Cities.

While I'm satisfied with the refresh and recognise that there are armies that are more in need of an update (Fyreslayers, Idoneth, Ogors), the faction still seems unfinished.

While almost every other faction has pretty well rounded out subfactions (if they have them, and barring Firebellies for obvious reasons), Devoted of Sigmar are still a rump keyword with just Zenestra and the old Flagellants kit, Ironweld is a strange split between the new Cannon and Steam Tank and all the other duardin units having no connection in rules/new lore whatsoever and Collegiate is still a placeholder for Emperor Karl Franz mage carriages. And I'm not even going to try figuring out why Order of Azyr exists separately from Devoted at all.

So as I hope that Fyreslayers finally get their more than well deserved update, I'm also a bit anxious about what direction Cities will take. Will we still have Dispossessed a few years from now? And what about the aelves? And the Steam Tank? While the minis has been cut back twice now, we still don't have a definitive "these are the Cities of Sigmar" range that isn't made up mostly of whatever Old World remnants haven't gotten around to have their own new identities. And with TOW bringing back dwarves, I'm not sure GW wants to keep them around in both games.

As it stands, Cities needs another purge (sadly), and at least a Sylvaneth sized wave to round out the current range. Whether that comes before or after more seriously neglected factions, we don't know.

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

Legit!

I say bring them in and make it a new spiritual successor to orcs & goblins. 

This is such an incredible idea!!

2 hours ago, zamerion said:

There are 2 hidden videos for aos, 2 for 40, and 1 for Blood bowl, in youtube

Lets go!! Goose for Blood Bowl!!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, zamerion said:

Seeing that there IS a video for bloodbowl, now we can confirm 99,9% that IS for It.

Bretonnian team?

Bretonnians never had their own team I think, although Tomb Kings did. Would be a cute 'tie-in' to TOW that way if they did one of those either way. BB would definitely suit the goose though, you're right, but I'm not sure who else it could be for at this point.

I'm surprised we've still not had a High Elf team, given I remember them being relatively popular back in the day. 

If I say "it'll be Chorfs" enough times, it will eventually come true. Probably. Maybe.

Okay maybe not. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Haha 1