The Rumour Thread

38 minutes ago, Hollow said:

I wonder when we will start to see the release of Spearheads, Leading up to 4th? We have seen 3 so far. Stormcast, Cities and Flesh Eaters. I really want to pick up a couple of the Cities boxes. 

SC might get theirs early since they're the posterboys but if I had to guess then maybe soon after 4th releases. A starter box and new edition brings in lots of new players. They need a month or two to at least try and get some of their minis done before the plastic crack addiction kicks in.

5 hours ago, SG Warhound said:

Singapore Warhound

My life for LEAK!

The Hyper-Warp-Ratling-Cannonade

:)

Skryre has More-More-More!

Refresh

Arch-Warlock

Warlock Engineer

—And—

New Warlock!

Galvaneer with warpvolt obliterators

(Is that u? Plasmancer?)

Galvaneer? Plasmancer? New warlock? What??? I demand an explanation lol

Wait, no refreshes for globadiers and jezzails?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Captaniser said:

Soooo, partial reveal of the unit sometime next week now that word is out on reddit and twitter, and soon probably on YouTube. Or will GW just wait until Adepticon before anything Skaven related is shown.

I mean, this is a BIG bomb. This is the worst kept secret in GWs recent story, but also their biggest sales drop bomb of this year. Something on which they must have been working to promote for a year, if not more. Warcom must be having rn a hell of a confused brainstorming session trying to decide what to do.

Also, I think this sprue solves one or two rumour engines? Not entirely sure

29 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Arch-Warlock refresh? It's one of the best hero on foot model in whole Warhammer range. Doesn't make sense.

It actually does. Ikit Claw is indeed one of the best Warhammer minis and I LOVE it, but GW wants to get rid of every resin and metal mini of their catalogue. 

Edited by Garrac
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Garrac said:

It actually does. Ikit Claw IS indeed one of the best Warhammer minis and I LOVE it, but GW wants to get rid of every resin and metal mini of their catalogue. 

Agreed with aplomb. They'd do well to carry across a lot of the features of the Ikit kit (ha ha... ) when they do a new model. Same as how they did the Tzeentch Curseling model, to choose a random example. 

Edited by Big Kim Woof-Woof

Finally, a true leak to feed the rumourverse. It’s ramshackle, it doesn’t make sense, the gun is comically big, it’s powered by rats doing backbreaking work, it’s peak Skaven.

(Sadly for us lovers of rumours), someone at GW needs to take a look à leaking sprues. First Dante, then the Bretonnian pegasus lord and the FEC Cryptguard, now a 4E Skaven mini.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Finally, a true leak to feed the rumourverse. It’s ramshackle, it doesn’t make sense, the gun is comically big, it’s powered by rats doing backbreaking work, it’s peak Skaven.

(Sadly for us lovers of rumours), someone at GW needs to take a look à leaking sprues. First Dante, then the Bretonnian pegasus lord and the FEC Cryptguard, now a 4E Skaven mini.

Its still just drips of leaks compares to what we got in the past. I mean, there was a camera potato photo of the entire necrons rerange before the actual release...

41 minutes ago, Garrac said:

I mean, this is a BIG bomb. This is the worst kept secret in GWs recent story, but also their biggest sales drop bomb of this year. Something on which they must have been working to promote for a year, if not more. Warcom must be having rn a hell of a confused brainstorming session trying to decide what to do.

I've checked all the rumour engines and I don't think it svolve any of them. Which ones would you say are solved?

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I've checked all the rumour engines and I don't think it svolve any of them. Which ones would you say are solved?

Nah, was talking just from memory cos I remember one or two REs that had mecanic+wood gimmicks

1 hour ago, Garrac said:

Honestly leaks are good for hype.

I'm still of the opinion that the absolute silence surrounding Dominion and further Kruleboyz releases was one of the contributing factors to that box not meeting expectations.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

You’re talking about these ones ?

IMG_8885.png

This is the one I was talking about, yeah! Im too lazy to check if its in the sprue, but I wouldnt be surprised if this and the two REs with rat skulls end up being skaven

3 minutes ago, Bosskelot said:

Honestly leaks are good for hype.

I'm still of the opinion that the absolute silence surrounding Dominion and further Kruleboyz releases was one of the contributing factors to that box not meeting expectations.

We didn't get the entire silence from Dominion, it has its own RE round, but maybe it was not solved with enough anticipation.

2 minutes ago, Garrac said:

This is the one I was talking about, yeah! Im too lazy to check if its in the sprue, but I wouldnt be surprised if this and the two REs with rat skulls end up being skaven

I checked it and I would say it doesn't match.

imagen.png.24e0b11bfa31f466c74ad550518bf65b.png

Ok, now it's time for me to give my best shot at analysing this.

FIRST SIGHT

On a 1rst look what we can see is:

1) This is an engine controlled by 5 rats. It is big, but let's leave base deductions for later

2) It's plastic (duh, but necessary)

3) There's a 2024 date marked on the sprue

4) There's  a rotatory cannon to be attached, with 6 terminations

5) To mount the weapon, you must also muster the skaven aiming it.

6) The skaven crew have their own base attached to their feet

7) There are 4 skavens pushing the thing

8  ) Push to fit

I'll explain more 5): you see, the weapon thingy has a skaven attached to it. So, if you want to have the weapon built, the skaven pilot must also be accounted for. This will be important on DEDUCTION.

DEDUCTION

A) There are no weapon variants. This is it

B) This miniature is for AoS

C) It's a clan Skyrre weapon

D) It's not a hero option

E) Base size: either 90x52mm or 60mm

F) There are no other units featured on the sprue

Why I look so certain about A)? Well, because we don't see room for more weapons, shilly! Alltho, I'd admit there's a big flaw on my reasoning: the weapon has 5 tubes, while the weapon attachment has 6 holes. Doesn't match! Why is that? Well, a better expert on sprue-building would be able to tell more. But the fact remains: read 5)

Why do I know it's not a hero option? Well, this one is tricky and is more based on GW modelling style: when a weapon is being lead by a hero, the hero has some special gimmick. Call it an epic armour, an epic sword, or an epic rock, there are a lot of qualities on GW characters, of which the pilot engineer has none. There's room tho for this to be part of a platform with a hero later being attached to it, but because of 6) and 7) I don't see room for a bigger thing

Base size is pure speculation, tho. But I'd say, this looks like a very "vertical" miniature, in the sense that it doesn't have anything on the sides that would aim for a bigger miniature, "horizontally speaking". So, for that and 6) I'd say it makes more sense for this mini to not be featured on a regular standard base, but on a 90x52mm or littler (doesn't look like it would fit bigger bases)

Sorry TOW players, this is a proxy for a WLC, not a weapon team

CONCLUSSION

-It's not a ratling gun, nor any weapon team. Evidence: 1), 5), and A). Not gonna say it can't be, but I'm gonna bet on something: if you want to update weapon teams, you want to updte ALL weapon teams. Or at least 3-4 (warpfire thrower, ratling gun, and mortar/doom flayer) That's something that can't be achieved with this sprue, as 5) doesn't allow for alternatives. Could be possible there's another sprue with 3-4 more pilto engineers on diferent weapon options? Given Gw's historial, no, I'd say no. GW knows we'd kitbash the engineers as warlocks or clanrats, nah. Could be possible that it's a ratling gun, and a weapon team modular kit is coming? There's a chance for it to happen, but I have to reach a satisfactory conclusion on this article. But I'd say, that's not how starter boxes use to work like. Also, ratling guns have more weapon terminations. But maybe I'm way over my head sherlockholming my way out of here.

-This is for a starter box. 2), 6), 8 ), and A) are the biggest giveaways for my reasoning here. I'll reckon that maybe I'm missing something on F) but give me a break, Im using the facts that we know so far, whitout using leaks. So, yes, there's a starter box with skavens coming, and I bet it's not the only big thingy featured on it.

-Skavens are DEFINITIVELY coming this year. I mean, there's no way this is for Underworlds, it's too big for warcry, it's logically not a Blood Bowl mini, and the 3) is pretty obvious

-It's a ****** cool sprue and mini. Can't wait to have it on my claws, yes-yes

I may dig some more crazy deductions, who knows.

Edited by Garrac
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Garrac said:

FIRST SIGHT

1) This is an engine controlled by 5 rats. It is big, but let's leave base deductions for later

8  ) Push to fit

I'll explain more 5): you see, the weapon thingy has a skaven attached to it. So, if you want to have the weapon built, the skaven pilot must also be accounted for. This will be important on DEDUCTION.

DEDUCTION

Why I look so certain about A)? Well, because we don't see room for more weapons, shilly! Alltho, I'd admit there's a big flaw on my reasoning: the weapon has 5 tubes, while the weapon attachment has 6 holes. Doesn't match! Why is that? Well, a better expert on sprue-building would be able to tell more. But the fact remains: read 5)

Why do I know it's not a hero option? Well, this one is tricky and is more based on GW modelling style: when a weapon is being lead by a hero, the hero has some special gimmick. Call it an epic armour, an epic sword, or an epic rock, there are a lot of qualities on GW characters, of which the pilot engineer has none. There's room tho for this to be part of a platform with a hero later being attached to it, but because of 6) and 7) I don't see room for a bigger thing

Base size is pure speculation, tho. But I'd say, this looks like a very "vertical" miniature, in the sense that it doesn't have anything on the sides that would aim for a bigger miniature, "horizontally speaking". So, for that and 6) I'd say it makes more sense for this mini to not be featured on a regular standard base, but on a 90x52mm or littler (doesn't look like it would fit bigger bases)

CONCLUSSION

-It's not a ratling gun, nor any weapon team. Evidence: 1), 5), and A). Not gonna say it can't be, but I'm gonna bet on something: if you want to update weapon teams, you want to updte ALL weapon teams. Or at least 3-4 (warpfire thrower, ratling gun, and mortar/doom flayer) That's something that can't be achieved with this sprue, as 5) doesn't allow for alternatives. Could be possible there's another sprue with 3-4 more pilto engineers on diferent weapon options? Given Gw's historial, no, I'd say no. GW knows we'd kitbash the engineers as warlocks or clanrats, nah. Also, ratling guns have more weapon terminations. But maybe I'm way over my head sherlockholming my way out of here.

-This is for a starter box. 2), 6), 8 ), and A) are the biggest giveaways for my reasoning here. I'll reckon that maybe I'm missing something on F) but give me a break, Im using the facts that we know so far, whitout using leaks. So, yes, there's a starter box with skavens coming, and I bet it's not the only big thingy featured on it.

-Skavens are DEFINITIVELY coming this year. I mean, there's no way this is for Underworlds, it's too big for warcry, it's logically not a Blood Bowl mini, and the 3) is pretty obvious

This sprue is an easy to build so it is for the Starter Box. Maybe a more complex kit would appear later with more weapon options.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Garrac said:

FIRST SIGHT

8  ) Push to fit

DEDUCTION

CONCLUSSION

-It's not a ratling gun, nor any weapon team. Evidence: 1), 5), and A). Not gonna say it can't be, but I'm gonna bet on something: if you want to update weapon teams, you want to updte ALL weapon teams. Or at least 3-4 (warpfire thrower, ratling gun, and mortar/doom flayer) That's something that can't be achieved with this sprue, as 5) doesn't allow for alternatives. Could be possible there's another sprue with 3-4 more pilto engineers on diferent weapon options? Given Gw's historial, no, I'd say no. GW knows we'd kitbash the engineers as warlocks or clanrats, nah. Also, ratling guns have more weapon terminations. But maybe I'm way over my head sherlockholming my way out of here.

We are assuming that warpfire thrower, ratling gun, and mortar/doom flayer would get a 1 on 1 replacement. Maybe we could have a post, later on this year, similar to the CoS one about which units are disappearing.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

We are assuming that warpfire thrower, ratling gun, and mortar/doom flayer would get a 1 on 1 replacement. Maybe we could have a post, later on this year, similar to the CoS one about which units are disappearing.

Whitout using the SG Warhound leaks that talk about weapon teams in plural, while I have my doubts on the mortar (already gone) and the doom flayer (resin), if GW is refreshing the Skyrre range I highly doubt that the warpfire thrower won't be on the carts. It's a basic line miniature for the range.

Edited by Garrac