The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Garrac said:

New Valrak video!

-Second wave of votanns, doesnt know what will be on it

-But the next votann/KT release will be KT (pioneers on foot vs brood brothers (cst kit with a bb sprue))

-New Blood Angels boxset

-Everyone will get boxsets from now on

-Only new HQs for custodes and CSM (all already commented on previous videos)

-He personally thinks the big 40k release of this year will be the new plastic kriegs

-New Great Scouring book series incoming (a couple have already been written)

-The Scouring series will be revealed on february

-It will feature classic old time BL authors: Aaron Dembsky-Bowden, Chris Wraight, Dan Abnett, Mike Brooks...

-New Questoris knight on plastic

Always happy to see more space dorfs but the questoris knight is a curious one. The kit’s only a decade old but it is one which has gone through, I think, 2-3 revisions to include additional sprues and options. I wonder if this could be an attempt to rationalise it, load up the sprues more tightly to accommodate all the stuff and maybe include some of the technical gains developed through the other more recent knights

1 minute ago, sandlemad said:

Always happy to see more space dorfs but the questoris knight is a curious one. The kit’s only a decade old but it is one which has gone through, I think, 2-3 revisions to include additional sprues and options. I wonder if this could be an attempt to rationalise it, load up the sprues more tightly to accommodate all the stuff and maybe include some of the technical gains developed through the other more recent knights

I would be very surprised if the current Questoris Knight kit changes in any way. Valrak isn't that precise in what he is saying most of the time so even if he says Questoris Knights in the video he very likely just means either another addition to the Questoris kit in the form of a new Magaera/Styrix sprue or another box altogether with just those two options. 

I can't see any reason why they should be redoing the sprues just to fit all the parts on less sprues. Any savings in plastic they would get would be negated by the cost to make a new mould

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

They were not rumours. Just people misreading a warcom article. Obviously, what I said had no weight behind it, just the fact that the last BR book came with more minis. This could be repeated again in this narrative or not.

Oh yeah, I expect a refresh for Slaves with some kits like marauders, marauders on horse or warshrine.

24 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

If it's not a revision, I would assume it's the Mechanicum Knight Styrix/Magaera since those are still in resin.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Too much.

Wouldn't that be just 3 kits? And I think from those 3 kits the two first from the list are kinda confirmed, aren't they? If three is too much, then we would only get marauders on horse and foot.

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Wouldn't that be just 3 kits? And I think from those 3 kits the two first from the list are kinda confirmed, aren't they? If three is too much, then we would only get marauders on horse and foot.

Too much refresh. I expect one refresh as much and the rest will be new kits. It is the same when people was talking about the FeC, people expect much more refresh than we usually get.

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Too much refresh. I expect one refresh as much and the rest will be new kits. It is the same when people was talking about the FeC, people expect much more refresh than we usually get.

Hmm it would be a bit painful to see the marauder cavalry get updated and the much older kit the marauders on foot to be stuck with their very old kit.

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Tonhel said:

Hmm it would be a bit painful to see the marauder cavalry get updated and the much older kit the marauders on foot to be stuck with their old very outdated kit.

We have the Darkoath infantry. I expect the marauders will be renamed to something related to Darkoath.

EDIT: Marauders would become a ToW unit

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

We have the Darkoath infantry. I expect the marauders will be renamed to something related to Darkoath.

EDIT: Marauders would become a ToW unit

I like the Warcry Darkoath unit. Lovely models, but not very suited to make bigger units or multiple units off. To many clones.

7 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

I like the Warcry Darkoath unit. Lovely models, but not very suited to make bigger units or multiple units off. To many clones.

I am not sure that GW will listen to this kind of argument. Especially since AoS is not geared to support hordes of cheap infantry like TOW is. 

2 hours ago, Matrindur said:

Realistically there won't be much more this year for AoS than what we already know/expect.

AoS3 will likely not have anything else after the last Dawnbringers books and while we don't know exactly what else is coming in Dawnbringers 5 and if there will be a 6th one we have enough rumours that some of them should turn out true.

After that we will get AoS4 which we already have rumours of Skaven for and normally the first year of an edition doesn't have much else than the two launch factions. 
So while we also don't know what exactly Stormcast and Skaven will get there shouldn't be anything else completely new this year.

We'll almost certainly get one more release in winter 2024. It's possible we could get Orruk Warclans as it. There's been a bit of a pattern with the previous editions "enemy" faction getting their new codex as one of the first with a small update.

Death Guard got the Lord of Virulence and terrain in winter 2020

Nighthaunt were a little later (early 2022) but were still relatively early in 3rd ed (Maggotkin, Fyreslayers and Idoneth were the only ones ahead of them I think) and got two new characters and a unit.

Then Necrons are one of the first for 10th ed with 3 new characters.

So I could see us getting a small Kruleboyz wave in Winter.

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

45 minutes ago, Swamp Trogg said:

I am not sure that GW will listen to this kind of argument. Especially since AoS is not geared to support hordes of cheap infantry like TOW is. 

Lol.

The amount of mini's you have to push with AoS around is easly 100+ for a 2000 points battle. The amount of mini's needed for a 2000 point TOW battle is not so much more.

For Darkoath the problem is that when you reinforce it or want to have more units of Darkoath Savagers units, because it fits your army. You have an army of clones. The god-speaker is always the same model. Also the Proven are on smaller bases 28,5 compared to the wrathtouched. Bigger base, but lower damage output than the proven and etc.

Beautiful mini's and nice as a one off - non reinforced unit, but better suited for Warcry and not as a main AoS unit.

Edit: I.e a TOW 2000 points HE without dragons is between 50-75 models. Has a 2000 point Lumineth army much fewer mini's? The difference will not be huge.

Edited by Tonhel

Is this me reading something from nothing, or is this a confirmation that they’re doing a beautiful rendition of Grombrindal suitable for Aos and Old World to tie in with the Dwarf Holds release. Or not. 

IMG_6629.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tonhel said:

Cool mini's, but what is it? A CoS knight?

Just now, Ejecutor said:

I am so confused right now. Without reading about it, the AoS one seems to be a CoS one, but... with the S2D corvus warband touches? My bet is CoS (another mini to buy).

Alternative Arch-Knight from the Command Set.

"The counterpart from the Age of Sigmar is a little better armoured, but still retains an avian demeanour. This is the Steel Rook, an alternate Arch-Knight for the Freeguild Command Corps. They continue the animal theme of the Arch-Knights, adding a third, bird option to the bear or fish knights you can build from the main Corps kit. They’re even accompanied by an actual rook, just in case the feathered fashion statements were too subtle."

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great mini. Very Dark Souls/Hieronymous Bosch/John Blanche in style. In-universe, could work well as  a knight-Templar of Morrda, or a knight from Lethis in Shyish, or just someone who likes crows. It’s a great look and some fun diversity.

Nice kroot too, just a basic carnivore but fine active pose.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Lol.

The amount of mini's you have to push with AoS around is easly 100+ for a 2000 points battle. The amount of mini's needed for a 2000 point TOW battle is not so much more.

For Darkoath the problem is that when you reinforce it or want to have more units of Darkoath Savagers units, because it fits your army. You have an army of clones. The god-speaker is always the same model. Also the Proven are on smaller bases 28,5 compared to the wrathtouched. Bigger base, but lower damage output than the proven and etc.

Beautiful mini's and nice as a one off - non reinforced unit, but better suited for Warcry and not as a main AoS unit.

Edit: I.e a TOW 2000 points HE without dragons is between 50-75 models. Has a 2000 point Lumineth army much fewer mini's? The difference will not be huge.

Depends on your point of view, but with 3 armies topping each at 3000 points (Gloomspite, warclans and Hedonites) I can assure you that I have significantly less models than my Olds 2000 points warhammer armies. Heck, I even had more chaos stunties in my legion of azgorh than I have gutrippaz, and I'm rocking 40 of them, which is not competitive nor necessary to a Kruleboyz army. 

And to go further with the idea that Darkoath ravagers will probably be the way to go, take a look at blissbarb archers : they are recent, they are core troops, and they have even less options than Ravagers (the only model that can me modified is the unit champion with one alternative face and one alternative weapon).

So, since you don't need as much ravagers as you needed clanrats in Wfb, and since there is precedent for core troops with no modularity whatsoever, I don't see new marauders coming, since they are already there. 

Furthermore, it's not like StD lacks marauders troops, with something like 10 bands with different aestetics. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Warhammer Event Minis revealed.  Fair to say AoS wins this one. Alternative Arch-Knight for CoS, all hail Morr(da)! Although I'm sure some Tzeentchian cultists will be eager to get their hands on this one.

rAfswBoyp4lXTIMV.jpg

IzGN5RQmDYItMlKo.jpg

lIx5Foayr3hnyeCD.jpg

Ls6BpvophlVyLpln.jpg

@MitGas I'm thinking either an exalted champion or a heavily converted Fatemaster (just need to put it on a Disc of Tzeentch).

• LOVE IT! 2

Just now, Ejecutor said:

The only problem I see with those minis is that they are sold during events :( Do we know if they are usually sold in any European event? Or are they sold only at American events?

You can buy them at Warhammer World, but yeah, it is a pain

• Like 1