The Rumour Thread

19 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

+++MOD HAT ON+++

Just going to get in front of this before it takes off. Reminder that this is an AOS forum first and foremost. We have dedicated threads to TOW so any speculation about Mondays reveal please feel free to make a topic there.

This is kind of uncool. I don’t care about TOW game, but I do care about any new models they get as I could use them for AoS kitbashes. I don’t see why TOW rumors aren’t okay in this thread.

On 1/13/2024 at 8:20 AM, dmorley21 said:

We’ll see if this rumor pans out, but:

Dawnbringers + FEC release on Feb 3rd - got delayed. No new models besides the FEC range and one vamp. 

Welp, this didn’t pan out.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 2

I would guess Slaanesh, Soulblight or Drukhari Mandrakes, the fingernails are to sharp to fit the Lumineth imo. The topknot also seems to have some kind of sharp object (bone?) in the middle which is quite common in Drukhari topknots. 

Edited by LordAlpharius
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

Just now, dmorley21 said:

This is kind of uncool. I don’t care about TOW game, but I do care about any new models they get as I could use them for AoS kitbashes. I don’t see why TOW rumors aren’t okay in this thread.

There is an entire sub forum for the TOW. A Rumour Thread specificaly for it can be created there if people would like one. We welcome every fan of the hobby no matter their origin.

However this is an AOS forum and a Rumour thread made with that in mind. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Topknots makes me think Lumineth. You can even see two little spikes poking near the sides, those are pointy ears !

(Side note but why is the topknot such a popular haircut in warhammer ?)

Yeah, and there are a couple of spikes that look like pointy ears.

image.png.b6ce7506130a95dd5ca0b1455dabd349.png

2 minutes ago, dmorley21 said:

Agreed we speculate on Warcry and Underworlds here. This is all one continuous Fantasy storyline.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

There is an entire sub forum for the TOW. A Rumour Thread specificaly for it can be created there if people would like one. We welcome every fan of the hobby no matter their origin.

However this is an AOS forum and a Rumour thread made with that in mind. 

You’re the mod, so cool. And I get it, your reasoning makes sense. But I’ve seen plenty of 40k and non-rumor stuff in here. TOW rumors seem more relevant than a lot of what gets posted in here. Just my opinion, and I won’t mention it further.

Cheers.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Agreed we speculate on Warcry and Underworlds here. This is all one continuous Fantasy storyline.

Warcry and Underworlds are set in the Mortal Realms and their units get AoS rules.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

1 minute ago, dmorley21 said:

You’re the mod, so cool. And I get it, your reasoning makes sense. But I’ve seen plenty of 40k and non-rumor stuff in here. TOW rumors seem more relevant than a lot of what gets posted in here. Just my opinion, and I won’t mention it further.

Cheers.

I'd guess the issue the 40k and other stuff doesn't have the same potential to dominate and derail the thread as the Old World does.

(I'm glad that a) the mods are actually way more flexible and accommodating than over in Bolter and Chainsword and b) we are getting a TOW section here on TGA, which is afterall actually a Mortal Realms forum.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

The Old World just continues to completely derail the rumour thread and basically drowns out the AoS rumours. It's becoming quite annoying, I come here for AoS rumours and AoS models, not models and news for a game I have 0 interest in.

Underworlds and Warcry are not the same. They're part of the AoS universe, and their models are usable and officially supported in AoS.

Edited by Snarff
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Snarff said:

The Old World just continues to completely derail the rumour thread and basically drowns out the AoS rumours. It's becoming quite annoying, I come here for AoS rumours and AoS models, not models and news for a game I have 0 interest in.

What would be neat is a separate thread for TOW. You could name it "Warhammer - The Old World" or something similar, and it would be dedicated to TOW only and serve as a hub for TOW players here to hang out and chat with each other. Maybe the mods can do something about it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, EntMan said:

I'd guess the issue the 40k and other stuff doesn't have the same potential to dominate and derail the thread as the Old World does.

(I'm glad that a) the mods are actually way more flexible and accommodating than over in Bolter and Chainsword and b) we are getting a TOW section here on TGA, which is afterall actually a Mortal Realms forum.

But the old world is the past of the Mortal Realms. So technically they are the same 😏

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

What would be neat is a separate thread for TOW. You could name it "Warhammer - The Old World" or something similar, and it would be dedicated to TOW only and serve as a hub for TOW players here to hang out and chat with each other. Maybe the mods can do something about it. 

There already is.

I was thinking about the only army that cares aka Lumineth and about the new temple and then I realized that battle traits in lumineth are tied to the temple keyword and with no update on the book, that poor river temple warband will come with no rules at all.

So maybe, MAYBE, is not just one warband, is the complete river temple with a supplement giving them new rules like ironjawz.

3 minutes ago, Ragest said:

I was thinking about the only army that cares aka Lumineth and about the new temple and then I realized that battle traits in lumineth are tied to the temple keyword and with no update on the book, that poor river temple warband will come with no rules at all.

So maybe, MAYBE, is not just one warband, is the complete river temple with a supplement giving them new rules like ironjawz.

I would say this is unlikely. We got IJ as a result of the narrative. The order book has passed already, so the only way that LRL got a new wave is either in the rumoured book 5 or 6, with the narrative closing, or after the narrative. In both cases, I think it is too early to tease something from that time.

• Like 2