The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Last time, wasn't there like 4 stories, one per week, leading up to the preorder ? That would make it quite late, right ?

Those narratives were launched on Fridays, if I am not wrong and they usually come until the very day before the official preorder, so that would leave us room for at least two. And considering we got some already I don't tink we are that bad in terms of timing.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Ces récits ont été lancés le vendredi, si je ne me trompe pas, et ils arrivent généralement jusqu'à la veille de la précommande officielle, ce qui nous laisserait de la place pour au moins deux. Et étant donné que nous en avons déjà, je ne pense pas que nous soyons si mauvais en termes de timing.

So remember, there are 5 chronicles in one chapter.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Garrac said:

I 100% belive he has legit sources as he hasnt failed in 9th, but as you guys have pointed out, he really doesnt care about anything that isnt marines. He may be sitting on a huge krieg rumour leak but doesnt give a damn to tell more.

Would not be surprised. Both with Cities and with Tau its pretty clear that he was more info, but he either wants to drip feed it for the clicks or does not care enough to even give names lol.

7 minutes ago, Gutsu17 said:

Its not like he makes some very invested content, its just talking into a camera about rumors, hes just not that invested as a hobbyist, and if people watch and its enoguh for them, is he the one to be questioned about that?

I just find it an interesting since he feels like he is just wants to be a Space Marine hobbyist, but at the same time it feels like he is really trying hard to be more. He post a lot of videos at the right time and the right length to get the clicks, got several tier list where he keeps the good stuff, and mentioned above he does a lot of drip feeding rumors.

I just find it a shame that with just a bit of effort (or just getting a friend who knows anything about other factions lol) he could be the go to figure for all rumors.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, EntMan said:

So cool 😀

Going to push my luck and say I was also hoping for more alien races to join the Tau (on the table top)

HAHAHA new species in Tau that is so funny outside of the two. Where would they even find the models for stuff like human Tau? What is next more races in Cities!?!?!??!?!!?

I wish so bad this one would be true, but sadly I have heard nothing. Kroot and Vespids is all I have heard and I have been paying attention.

6 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Kurnoth and their Kurnothi is a dream.

Still think we're getting them at some point. We have the Underworlds band, we have Belthanos, we have their appartion in the Blacktalon cartoon. We just don't know when that "at some point" is. Could be next year, in 2 years, 3 years, who knows.

Remember, our prophet of rumours said they were somewhere in the pipeline. 

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 1

I’m thinking the “tentacle” is Lumineth River Temple but would love it to be more Deepkin.

My brain keeps seeing a tadpole tail which…would fit the oriental style with how big frogs are over there and in their media(like playing Monster Hunter Rise this year which takes place in a ninja village and one of the characters rides a big frog monster that’s still a juvenile so you see the long tail behind it)

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 4

Just now, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Still think we're getting them at some point. We have the Underworlds band, we have Belthanos, we have their appartion in the Blacktalon cartoon. We just don't know when that "at some point" is. Could be next year, in 2 years, 3 years, who knows.

Remember, our prophet of rumours said they were somewhere in the pipeline. 

We need to make a bet. Chorfs or Kurnothi. Which one would be in the game earlier.

6 minutes ago, mawhis117 said:

Are we expecting more Kurnothi at some point? 

There were rumours going around a while ago, but I wasn't sure whether that was just about Belthanos

Lore wise, maybe more about Kurnothi as in various species followers of Kurnoth, not just tree people or centaurs and fauns etc.

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

We need to make a bet. Chorfs or Kurnothi. Which one would be in the game earlier.

It entirely depends on what you mean by 'Kurnothi'

As @Whitefang has pointed out in the past, Kurnothi are just followers of Kurnoth, and we already have those.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, EntMan said:

It entirely depends on what you mean by 'Kurnothi'

As @Whitefang has pointed out in the past, Kurnothi are just followers of Kurnoth, and we already have those.

We all know what the majority means by kurnothi. Fauns and centaurs following the warband line.

9 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

We all know what the majority means by kurnothi. Fauns and centaurs following the warband line.

Fair point. But I'm wondering if @Whitefang told us about Kurnothi not necessarily being Fauns and Centaurs because they are preparing that non animal based Kurnothi is what we're going to get.

Which would actually be cool (maybe something like Darkoath vibe but for Kurnoth rather than Chaos). Just as long as we get the half animals too.

Edited by EntMan
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, EntMan said:

Which would actually be cool (maybe something like Darkoath vibe but for Kurnoth rather than Chaos). Just as long as we get the half animals too.

Going by the Ushoran spoilers they seem to be playing with it being a faith all can follow so maybe a really diverse sub-faction or warband made up of anything?

Would be cool to get a Ghyran Freeguild release wave for CoS next edition and able to run human druids & beetle knights alongside aelven rangers & centaurs for a forest city force that has mortals keeping things together until the godly Sylvaneth or Stormcast arrive.

Also on another note, it some TOW Orc & goblin reviews have popped up and apparently it’s nearly impossible to make a Savage Orc army in the game?

Maybe moar morboyz and were-boar warriors are still on the menu for a refresh? 🤞 

• Like 1

Nezzhil had thought there might be a second kit after the hero but wasn't sure so who knows, I thought it might be a Warcry war band but I'm not expecting anything for a while. We might get plastic war dancers for TOW before we see Kurnothi. But  they are coming as they have been described in the lore..and the have had models relatively recently.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baron Klatz said:

Going by the Ushoran spoilers they seem to be playing with it being a faith all can follow so maybe a really diverse sub-faction or warband made up of anything?

Yes, I was thinking about this, but was unsure what to say in the not the spoiler thread.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I'm thinking Chorfs; mainly bc Sylvaneth just got an update in the form of that new character with the Kurnoth shard. I'd count that as the second "Kurnothi" hint in the form of a release.

Chaos dwarfs have had equivalent hints in the form of Hobgrots and Horns of Hashut: the former confirmed with 100% certainty that Chaos Dwarfs are actively in the setting after their two locations and subsequent squatting. Horns of Hashut were added into the Slaves to Darkness as a way to theme your army as "these are the dudes who show up right before chaos dwarfs." Which, to me, felt extremely purposeful.

With some of the interviews around the new Flesh-eater release, it was confirmed without a shadow of a doubt that (internally) the team uses some of these smaller warbands to hammer out ideas/sculpts for factions they're looking to hit. The Skaven has so many gorgeous new models that are absolutely setting the stage for their upcoming release. Fyerslayers got a new vibe that directly responds to some aesthetic critiques I see often online

Similarly, the Kurnothi were conjured up for Beastgrave but narratively have been sort of adrift: the new "this guy needs to hunt forever or the last sliver of Kurnoth dies" character is the first tangible detail about the faction outside "they exist!" I think the outcast from Cursed City was also a Kurnothi, but she could have easily been a new Wanderer that got some lore tweaked ahead of Wanderers going extinct. I think Alarielle is going to get frustrated and we're going to see a new wild hunt in an upcoming narrative. I'd wager the next time Sylvaneth get a book they'll get a new wave of fawn-aelves!

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, Pizzaprez said:

I'm thinking Chorfs; mainly bc Sylvaneth just got an update in the form of that new character with the Kurnoth shard. I'd count that as the second "Kurnothi" hint in the form of a release.

Chaos dwarfs have had equivalent hints in the form of Hobgrots and Horns of Hashut: the former confirmed with 100% certainty that Chaos Dwarfs are actively in the setting after their two locations and subsequent squatting. Horns of Hashut were added into the Slaves to Darkness as a way to theme your army as "these are the dudes who show up right before chaos dwarfs." Which, to me, felt extremely purposeful.

With some of the interviews around the new Flesh-eater release, it was confirmed without a shadow of a doubt that (internally) the team uses some of these smaller warbands to hammer out ideas/sculpts for factions they're looking to hit. The Skaven has so many gorgeous new models that are absolutely setting the stage for their upcoming release. Fyerslayers got a new vibe that directly responds to some aesthetic critiques I see often online

Similarly, the Kurnothi were conjured up for Beastgrave but narratively have been sort of adrift: the new "this guy needs to hunt forever or the last sliver of Kurnoth dies" character is the first tangible detail about the faction outside "they exist!" I think the outcast from Cursed City was also a Kurnothi, but she could have easily been a new Wanderer that got some lore tweaked ahead of Wanderers going extinct. I think Alarielle is going to get frustrated and we're going to see a new wild hunt in an upcoming narrative. I'd wager the next time Sylvaneth get a book they'll get a new wave of fawn-aelves!

Were does Skaeth and friends fit into AoS lore and narrative?

Edit: sorry, just realised you answered this in the post I quoted. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by EntMan