The Rumour Thread

40 minutes ago, Someravella said:

Yet KB are linked to Kragnos.

Barely and poorly in my opinion. Of all the destruction factions to be linked to him, kruleboyz are the worst option. Their entire identity is about psychological warfare, never picking fair fights, and tormenting their enemies, so tying them to the big angry guy that just wants to charge in is weird.
It never felt like that connection was organic.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Garrac said:

Was discussion about GW on a WhatsApp group and got told that I shouldnt complain, that skavens had 3 underworlds bands

RDT_20240109_1917491508812813298581989.jpg

And I have to agree with them, they are cool-looking bands. It is better than nothing. Before the CoS rework, I was excited by those lonely releases. Now a Cogfort won't be enough. I want MOAAAAARR GW!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

46 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

And I have to agree with them, they are cool-looking bands. It is better than nothing. Before the CoS rework, I was excited by those lonely releases. Now a Cogfort won't be enough. I want MOAAAAARR GW!

I'll admit that for this matter I come from a very 40k perspective. i rather prefer the kt philosophy of doing more generic units that I can get to use in various games. UW warbands are really very specific, even with their AoS rules, and come in diferent base sizes that makes it harder (to me) to make them fit all on other games.

For example, I would have preferred a unit of 5 gutter runners rather than the skittershank crew because now i have 5 minis that I can use on opr as night scouts, but having two models that i have to clearify arent characters, lol.

2 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

Sorry I may have missed it. Where has it been stated that chaos dwarfs are coming this year ? 

I can’t see it. 
surely February is death month 

April chaos slaves release 

June/July start of 4th with skaven and stormcast only likely amries for the rest of 2024

I would expect them beginning 2025 at least. 2024 is the year of 4th edition, then they need the dust to settle. Maybe sometime after that is my best guess. 

Edit: Dont remember anyone has said they would be released this year.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 2

If Gw releases any starter box this year, it would be slated for june, as allways with their big releases. And all the latest anouncements of big stuff by GW have been during adepticons on march.

The next event is LVo this 19th, where they should anounce the plans for the rest of winter, I guess

1 minute ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

Sorry I may have missed it. Where has it been stated that chaos dwarfs are coming this year ? 

I can’t see it. 

June/July start of 4th with skaven and stormcast only likely amries for the rest of 2024

officially no, but honest wargamer got a rumor that I think Whitefang confirmed.
my money is actually on chaos dwarves being the starter box, but we often get spring and fall releases. We had the whole massive SBGL release in the middle of broken realms right?
I've always thought the skaven rumors were just hopium. 3 editions in a row now they've debuted new armies in the starter box, so I've always been skeptical of a box with two revamps in it. I do hope they get their revamp soon, I just doubt its the starter box.

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

I can’t see it. 

Whitefang confirmed it with a message saying "This" to someone else mentioning a Chorfs coming at 4th ed rumour.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

officially no, but honest wargamer got a rumor that I think Whitefang confirmed.
my money is actually on chaos dwarves being the starter box, but we often get spring and fall releases. We had the whole massive SBGL release in the middle of broken realms right?
I've always thought the skaven rumors were just hopium. 3 editions in a row now they've debuted new armies in the starter box, so I've always been skeptical of a box with two revamps in it. I do hope they get their revamp soon, I just doubt its the starter box.

Why would you take Whitefangs word that Chaos Dwarfs are coming, but not that Skaven are in the starter?

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Whitefang liked a bunch of posts talking about Skaven vs SCE for 4th edition box.

We already received Ironjawz and FEC during Dawnbringers, and CoS if that also counts. Dont expect another big update so soon. But u never know.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Speculating here about things I still cope to not see: well, a starter box with rats would be against GW's policiy of hating rats, but a starter box with chorfs would be even further against GW's policy of hating chorfs, so both happening at the same time would be just asking too much of nature.

Edited by Garrac
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

The starter box has been confirmed to be Skavens vs SCE by Whitefang many times. So they would be outside of the starter box 100%.

4 hours ago, RyantheFett said:

They do have a floating jellyfish race, but there is a small chance it can be kroot as well.

Kroot have to ability to evolve on what they eat so they could look like anything. They also ride kroot like animals that also could look like anything.

Think a safer bet would be one of the AoS elfs since the rumors for kroot are apes and that raptor looking thing.

So I absolutely love Idoneth, I even bought the Battleforce and realized I couldn't do them justice and traded them for Ogors... which I can do justice as a method painter. I have always wanted to see their range grow and would love further integration of deep sea monsters... but Floating Jellyfish with rail guns might be my favourite hypothetical unit of all time. Especially if after every shot they had to move backwards D3 inches due to recoil. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

7 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Speculating here about things I still cope to nto see: well, a starter box with rats would be against GW's policiy of hating rats, but a starter box with chorfs would be even further against GW's policy of hating chorfs, so both happening at the same time would be just asking too much of nature.

Just for that, you earned Stormcasts vs Marines.

• Haha 6

12 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Why would you take Whitefangs word that Chaos Dwarfs are coming, but not that Skaven are in the starter?

12 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Whitefang liked a bunch of posts talking about Skaven vs SCE for 4th edition box.

I must have missed those ones. unless its skaven vs chorfs.

There's been a lot of rumours flown around lately so I think a recap will be appreciated, to gather all of these rumours into a same spot.
So, so far we have for 3rd edition :

• Dawnbringers 4 : apparently a new OBR Morghast miniature, based on a rumour engine. 
  • Next Warcry bands are Nighthaunt vs Lumineth (river temple warriors).
  • Dawnbringers 5 : new Darkoath barbarians (cavalry, probably infantry, I hope).
  • New "Morai Heg character" probably for DoK.
  • Callis & Toll somewhere in Dawnbringers.

For 4th edition :

• Main launch factions are SCE and Skaven. Apparently, this will be quite similar to the SM vs Tyranids release 40k got, with a lot of existing kits getting upgrades and only a minority of brand new units.
  • Chaos Dwarfs coming back sometime in 4th.

Didn't include things like the "Lady of Ruin" character they keep hinting at, since we have so far too few evidence about it to qualify as a true rumour.

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 11