The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Matrindur said:

Looking great, if I can wish for one improvement it would be that the external links automatically open in a new tab instead of the same one as it has happened a few times now that I mistakenly clicked on one and when going back the filters and scolling position are gone.

And while it would be quite a bit of additional work it would be nice to also get a link to the article/reveal show the model was revealed at in addition to the webstore link

Nice idea about opening on another tab. It is an easy one that I would implement. I think I am gonna pass on the other one as it is a crazy amount of research work. There are close to 450 images if I am not wrong and I've managed to get the reveal dates just thanks to the Rumour Engines blog. Otherwise, it could have been crazy. An option could be adding them from now on (or some articles back that are easy to track).

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DoctorPerils said:

Hi, this is great, thanks - I will say, filtering isn't immediately obvious on mobile (android, using firefox), am I missing something ?

Could you perhaps open a new thread to centralise any feedback you get? Thanks 🤙

Yep. The new thread would be the best as I was not expecting to have too much engagement tbh. Seems there are more sneak peeks nerds like me than I thought xD

• Like 2

I do wonder if they intentionally wait this long or if the schedule got interrupted, from interviews on Peachy's podcast I remember them saying about how a lot of sculpts just kinda sit ready to go without a clear launch window for years (desolation space marines) I can definitely imagine that's what happened with that necron rumour engine, something planned along with the 9th ed wave but didn't make the cut.

The things I'd do to see all the stuff that's been discarded throughout the years in the GW archives.

Edited by Luperci
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

The FS warband is irrelevant as we already got a FS harbinger before. So that faction has its tick anyway. About Gorgers, I am not counting them in.

Oh yea I forgot about him.  And if we don't count the gorgers than I don't think it would count the ironjaws because that was it's own supplement that just got hard printed into a dawnbringers book

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

image.png.95cf5119d879cdbb7f6563d1c66141a7.png

478 days. We are still midway to the longest one to be resolved 😅

I mean...mine wasn't a competition to see who can count the days better 😅

Rather, I was reflecting on the fact that GW has a rather boring way of dealing with RE.
Why? Aside from the fact that some RE are excessively generic, so it's not even fun to theorize about them, but they are truly distributed at random.

Edited by Holy_Diver
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Holy_Diver said:

I mean...mine wasn't a competition to see who can count the days better 😅

Rather, I was reflecting on the fact that GW has a rather boring way of dealing with RE.
Why? Aside from the fact that some RE are excessively generic, so it's not even fun to theorize about them, but they are truly distributed at random.

It was handy for me to detect an improvement to the site. I enjoy the REs, but I understand that some would prefer to receive the kind of videos we got recently where whole minis shapes are shown and you can identify what is better. Maybe that could be an interesting tweak to the RE.

3 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

It was handy for me to detect an improvement to the site. I enjoy the REs, but I understand that some would prefer to receive the kind of videos we got recently where whole minis shapes are shown and you can identify what is better. Maybe that could be an interesting tweak to the RE.

Personally I rather have one or 2 silhouettes a month than a rumor engine a weekish.  The rumour engine is the personification of getting the tuned in fans engaged though

• Like 3

So I just did another look through @Ejecutor excellent new rumour engine website and most of the rumour engines seem to be solved after a maximum of ~460 days. There are quite a lot that took around 400 days but only 8 that took longer. Of those the four longest ones (800 days+) all where released during 2020 in the first months of the pandemic so it would make sense if thsoe models where originally planned to be released earlier.
But those four also just belonged to two kits which are the 2022 Boxing Day Ghoul King and the year two Warhammer+ Chaos Sorcerer so two "event" minis which aren't regular releases.

Of the other four long time rumour engines one is also from the Ghoul King just one year later than the his other two rumour engines. 

Another one is the Necron Overlord with 713 days where I could see it originally being planned for some expansion/crusade book during 9th edition 40k maybe even the Pariah nexus book that only got announced at the end of november last year even thought the Pariah Nexus was the focal point of 9th edition? So maybe some form of that book was originally planned way earlier during 9th and coming with that Overlord but that was scrapped, the book repurposed into a 10 edition release and the Overlord moved to the 10th edition codex release.

That leaves two more rumour engines which where 556/510 days until solved which both came out relatively close to each other in 2017 (February/May) and where the Ork Kustom Boosta Blasta and one model of the Rouge Trader Kill Team. So I could see that something also happened in 2017 which delayed those two for a while.

All in all rumour engines normally don't take longer than 1,5 years until they are solved. Of those still unresolved only two come close to that which is the spider incarnate one with 479 days and the second oldest directly after that one with 416 days. For the spider incarnate it already seems like something went wrong so that would explain why it's taking so long but the 416 days one is interesting. While it isn't yet in the range of unusually long, its not that far off  and I also don't think its part of any of the teased models? So I'm quite interested what it will turn out to be whenever it will actually be revealed.

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

This was a spider incarnate model. It might be scrapped or potentially repurposed into something else later.

Cant wait to see when this model gets revealed. I hope it will be with a Spiderfang wave.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Garrac said:

Rumour engines can hold for a lot of time, until a RE recently revealed as a necron part we had one holding since 2019

The Necron one that was recently revealed was 2021 so at least not 4 years long

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

The Necron one that was recently revealed was 2021 so at least not 4 years long

Huh, didnt remember well then. I totally saw GW capable of holdin a mini for so long lol

Anything more specific than 'something related to Morai-Heg' is still up in the air, I believe.

To me the RE engine looks kinda like the top of a standard/icon, so I'm hoping it's attached to a unit rather than a character.  But giving DoK a non-Morathi unique character is probably no bad thing either.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Is it just me or do the more recent rumour engines get solved a lot quicker these days? Generally within  6 months?

It depends. The advent calendar ones for example get resolved quite quick.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

image.png.95cf5119d879cdbb7f6563d1c66141a7.png

478 days. We are still midway to the longest one to be resolved 😅

Whitefang liked a post a few days back which said that spider incarnate, linked to gallet, had been shelved/abandoned.

So potentially this is a rumour engine that may never be resolved.

• Sad 1