The Rumour Thread

30 minutes ago, Greene said:

I think we still have chance,
online preview on 17/11

we have 30k epic and KT box not release yet, minus this week for one of these.

so it could be..
next week pre-order & release data
1. 19/11 & 09/12
2.26/11 & 16/12

one for KTor30K , or for FEC Armybox 😍

if true, it'll be best Xmas gift ever!

Imperiales has been confirmed to be released on 2/12. So one thing less. Imo we would get the BT announced before 2024, but not released this year.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Imperiales has been confirmed to be released on 2/12. So one thing less. Imo we would get the BT announced before 2024, but not released this year.

sadly,

so...it'll be like... 

2/12 Imperiales
9/12 KTor40K
18/12 KTor40k

6 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

A roadmap hinting 4th ed or stopping right before without mentioning it?

We all know 4th edition is coming, with or without roadmap. What i really want to know is if there is some room for a surprise faction refresh or a new end of edition army.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 3

The more we advance in time the less I see a space for a new army (teasing, reveal, release etc)... 

mid november until late december will be full with christmas things an then we are still waiting for presumably 2 DB books and 1 army refresh. Besides there are other game systems that have been off the lights these past weeks. We know that TOW will be release in early 2024 and it will take a lot of space to show the rules etc. Then 40k did not have much light these last months so I expect a pause with AoS for a while, or at least a reduction of de frequency of AoS releases before the V4. 

• Like 1

I must say, I really doon't want to see any new armies at this point. The speed of releases these days feels relentless and while, on the whole, the quality of writing went up edition-to-edition, with a new one just round the corner and then having to update all the battletomes again, I feel like I'd be happy for them to just spend some time on making sure the existing books get the right amount of attention and we maybe, finally, get the updates and refreshes for all those that still need it.

• Like 12

10 hours ago, Luperci said:

For sure, MESBG sculpts are notoriously bad, a lot of them made by trainees and new members of the team from what I've heard. They do still hold a special place in my heart as it's what got me into GW years and years ago but I wouldn't fancy building and painting any these days.

Maybe some later on, but the whole original range was made by the Perry Twins who are legendary as good sculptors.

The problem is neither the designs or the material. It is entirely an issue with the moulds.

The more you cast with a rubber mould, the more worn it gets. 20 years ago those Uruk Hai were beautifully crisp and had hardly any flash. I know, because I built a ton of them!

But with MESBG's decline in popularity they clearly haven't been remaking the moulds from the masters as regularly as they should have, and quality has dropped as a result. It's particularly noticeable for the made to order stuff, which has more flash than any other metal models I've seen.

if you check out companies like Warlord, Foundry, Perry etc which mainly cast in metal, their quality is better across the board. There is always going to be a bit of flash unless its a nrand new mold, but unlike GW they've not given up on the material and let their quality drop.

In other news I'm pretty sure the "liche on a dragon" rumour was just Ionus for the stormcast. My bet is someone didn't know what they were looking at and assumed it must be TK.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

In other news I'm pretty sure the "liche on a dragon" rumour was just Ionus for the stormcast. My bet is someone didn't know what they were looking at and assumed it must be TK.

I find the idea that there are a bunch of people out there who are close enough to GW to have insider knowledge, but at the same time can't tall apart Stormcast and Tomb Kings, extremely funny.

Honestly, I don't 100% believe it, since even though I don't really interact with 40k at all, I think I would be able to tell which faction a new model from that game belongs to at a glance. Then again, Thunderstrike Stromcast were billed as "Bretonnian Stormcast" by that one guy in the lead up to 3rd edition. Anyway, the idea that all those inside sources only know about 40k or have not looked at fantasy models since AoS launched in 2015 is hilarious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I find the idea that there are a bunch of people out there who are close enough to GW to have insider knowledge, but at the same time can't tall apart Stormcast and Tomb Kings, extremely funny.

Honestly, I don't 100% believe it, since even though I don't really interact with 40k at all, I think I would be able to tell which faction a new model from that game belongs to at a glance. Then again, Thunderstrike Stromcast were billed as "Bretonnian Stormcast" by that one guy in the lead up to 3rd edition. Anyway, the idea that all those inside sources only know about 40k or have not looked at fantasy models since AoS launched in 2015 is hilarious.

Well, Ionus has a skull helmet. It is enough to think it is a TK xD

• Haha 5

58 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Settra is now a stormcast after all, so close enough I guess? /s

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Luperci said:

For sure, MESBG sculpts are notoriously bad, a lot of them made by trainees and new members of the team from what I've heard. They do still hold a special place in my heart as it's what got me into GW years and years ago but I wouldn't fancy building and painting any these days.

They were not made by trainees. Most of the metal range were the Perry twins and Brian Nelson. The difference is they were sculpted through the traditional method - green stuff by hand - so less precise and crisp than the current method using computers. 

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, boyadventurer said:

Dunno if it was already brought up, but I only just saw that the Blacktalons are push fit. Maaaaaaan that's an expensive box for 5 push fit models.

Clever webstore update no longer says if its push fit/multipart and no sprue pics either.

if there are no sprue pictures I would report this to customer service. there seems to be a lot of missing pictures that WERE on the original site's pages. And I'm still seeing sprue pics on newer things like Thunderstrike kits.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

if there are no sprue pictures I would report this to customer service. there seems to be a lot of missing pictures that WERE on the original site's pages. And I'm still seeing sprue pics on newer things like Thunderstrike kits.

Sprue pics are handy, true, but what I really miss is the 360º shots.

• Like 9

21 hours ago, 01rtb01 said:

My 2 pennworth from elsewhere:

40k - 5 minutes - Orikan. 

Killteam - 5-10 minutes - next box - if they show box 2 then I'd assume we'll see the scorpions/ scouts on pre order announcement this Sunday OR a new rulebook?

AoS - 10 minutes - the courtly kings of the flesh eater court

WHU - 5 minutes - random warband, zero idea what.

ToW - 10 minutes - TK + reveal when it's releasing?

Necromunda - 5 minutes - next campaign book?

HH - 10 minutes - Assault marines + Solar Auxilia

- Underworlds: i think 1 order vs 1 death, will have Flesh or Ossiarch, and Daughters faction for sure 90%.

- Warcry for the future: maybe soon will be this month, because we will have 1 death and 1 order as availability roadmap, just recheck the roadmap, i think the order will be Lumineth, the death will be Ossiarch ??

- Dawnbringer 4: will have next month, its end of year, mid-Decenmber, Slaves to darkness for sure, hope for Slaanesh idol of wealth, more Khorne, and more information about the next mysterious forces in AOS 4.0 later, they will release it soon. I see no signs for Tzeentch or Nurgle in the book 4, thats sad.

Edited by lele

1 minute ago, EntMan said:

Remember, as usual with WH+ competitions, you don't actually have to be subscribed to enter.Screenshot_20231108-171905.png.a997359acb587259a59658cdbf069e91.png

Lol. I read the terms for curiosity, because I don't know how the 'Twitter like' enters in the equation and I read that... is like being scammed xD The whole point of the raffle is unnecesary.

I am W+ sub, so just liked the game in Twitter, but c'mon, this is a cheeky way to try to catch W+ subs when you don't really need to.

• Like 1

Just now, Ejecutor said:

Lol. I read the terms for curiosity, because I don't know how the 'Twitter like' enters in the equation and I read that... is like being scammed xD The whole point of the raffle is unnecesary.

I am W+ sub, so just liked the game in Twitter, but c'mon, this is a cheeky way to try to catch W+ subs when you don't really need to.

It's because in many countries if there's not a way to enter for free then it becomes gambling and triggers a load more laws to comply with.

Screenshot_20231108-172806.png.515a12e1b7b13aca1b86fba3a0da9b2f.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6