The Rumour Thread

Any news about post-Dawnbringers 2 stuff? I am happy for all the Destruction players finally getting the limelight, but that aint my bag! Do we have any rumours about book 3? I doubt it will be a purely Death themed book, but if it comes close to the FEC armybook there might be a lot of focus on Death I'm guessing!

41 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Are there any rumours about what there might be for gargants? I saw there's a bit of narrative about your namesake leading a stomp. Wonder if there are new rules

Im guessing mostly narrative and maybe some new rules. Im super glad that Gargants and especially Troggoths are going to get narrative attention.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Goatforce said:

Any news about post-Dawnbringers 2 stuff? I am happy for all the Destruction players finally getting the limelight, but that aint my bag! Do we have any rumours about book 3? I doubt it will be a purely Death themed book, but if it comes close to the FEC armybook there might be a lot of focus on Death I'm guessing!

We know we're getting ushoran at some point, and I guess this would have to come around the same time as new FEC battletome (which is set for 'winter 2023'). So book 3 ushoran seems a safe bet.

But at the same time, they've teased some narrative that involves valkia. So it could be that she becomes the posterchild of the next dawnbringers, particularly if she gets a big new centrepiece model, and ushoran gets pushed back.

• Like 1

I just hope for all the Chaos Stunties lovers out there that at the end of the Crusades we get definitive, they are coming next edition, proof that Chaos Duardin are coming. Its the perfect series to set them up.

Have Skaven be the big bad at the end we all know are coming but hit us with the post credits scene and have a simple splash page at the back of the book with a Duardin shaped silhouette with a spikey hat.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

We know we're getting ushoran at some point, and I guess this would have to come around the same time as new FEC battletome (which is set for 'winter 2023'). So book 3 ushoran seems a safe bet.

But at the same time, they've teased some narrative that involves valkia. So it could be that she becomes the posterchild of the next dawnbringers, particularly if she gets a big new centrepiece model, and ushoran gets pushed back.

Ah nice! YEah I had thought we would get Ushoran, but with the FEC book and general release. Guess there's nothing stopping him being a big player in the Dawnbringer book too! Hopefully a few other Death armies get some goodies!

Ah cool, had heard Khorne was playing a part but didn't know Valkia was being teased! Maybe she will be book 4?

There’s a lot of fun stuff in the works it seems. With more rumors of Chaos Dwarves before 4.0. FEC getting a sizeable release and whatever random things they throw in, it’s a great time to be in AOS. 

I’ll say this, they have done a pretty good job of keeping there game fresh. I know not everyone gets what they want for their army all the time, there seems to be a commitment to refreshing and expanding the AOS line. It’s a marathon, not a sprint and they seem to be chugging along. 

My only complaint would be with underworlds, and this preview show only made me think about it more. The models they release for Underworlds are truly amazing. Some of the best sculpts they make for any system. I just wish they made these models to fit in with mainline AOS more. I know they make great proxies, but I feel it such a waste for them to not be on the table in the giant AOS battles. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jetlife said:

There’s a lot of fun stuff in the works it seems. With more rumors of Chaos Dwarves before 4.0. FEC getting a sizeable release and whatever random things they throw in, it’s a great time to be in AOS. 

I’ll say this, they have done a pretty good job of keeping there game fresh. I know not everyone gets what they want for their army all the time, there seems to be a commitment to refreshing and expanding the AOS line. It’s a marathon, not a sprint and they seem to be chugging along. 

My only complaint would be with underworlds, and this preview show only made me think about it more. The models they release for Underworlds are truly amazing. Some of the best sculpts they make for any system. I just wish they made these models to fit in with mainline AOS more. I know they make great proxies, but I feel it such a waste for them to not be on the table in the giant AOS battles. 

Recent AoS release show that underworld models are used to create new AoS range . So I think it’s a kind of design test before moving or not to AoS

10 hours ago, Goatforce said:

Book 3 supposed to be Order focused with Kurnothi and Fyreslayers releases, isn't it ?

• LOVE IT! 1

11 hours ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Man that's super interesting, thanks! I wonder how a big pig list compares to a stonehorn BCR list.

I think they'll be some pretty big differences, the speed and damage might be the same but ogres will have the capture weight of 10 and maw-gruntas will most likely be 5 unless they have a stegadon/warparty rule. Defensively I imagine the stonehorns still take it and I think the pigs will be around about 240 each (not the character version)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jetlife said:

Yeah, every time a be warband is released I pray that they'll be good in AoS, and 90% of the time my prayers aren't answered. I don't know why they're so often bad: my guess is the rules writers treat them as an after thought, and play testers mostly ignore them. It's a huge shame though.

Let's hope that once the Era of the Beast is over, the Era of the Warband will begin 😄

Just now, JerekKruger said:

Yeah, every time a be warband is released I pray that they'll be good in AoS, and 90% of the time my prayers aren't answered. I don't know why they're so often bad: my guess is the rules writers treat them as an after thought, and play testers mostly ignore them. It's a huge shame though.

Let's hope that once the Era of the Beast is over, the Era of the Warband will begin 😄

Maybe that’s what army of renown is ? A new type of unit , that include one hero + 1 unit together but it doesn’t take the hero slot . You can include 1 army of renown un your list , so it could grow interest into those armies . Biggest issue to me about underworld warband is that they take a hero slot in AoS . If they solve that , that would be great 

11 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I just hope for all the Chaos Stunties lovers out there that at the end of the Crusades we get definitive, they are coming next edition, proof that Chaos Duardin are coming. Its the perfect series to set them up.

Have Skaven be the big bad at the end we all know are coming but hit us with the post credits scene and have a simple splash page at the back of the book with a Duardin shaped silhouette with a spikey hat.

I'd think Chorfs will come at the very end of 3rd, like a month or two before the new edition, a bit how Soulblight released at the end of the last edition. 

10 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

We've had the Necroquake and Era of the Beast so Im wondering what Chaotic Theme 4.0 will be about? Industry maybe? Skaven and Chaos Duardin machinations running amuk, who can stop these mechanical monstrosities? Out step the Gholemkind with a Kharadron Wave 2.

Add Grotbag Skuttlers and I'm ready to burn my money!

• Like 6