The Rumour Thread

20 hours ago, Draznak said:

Rumour engine today :

DdO61eAVGR1iN3U5.jpg

A serious contender for the title of weirdest rumour engine !

I think this is something 40k. It looks like some kind of cable or wire that comes out the other end. Something Drukhari or Dark Mechanicus is my guess.

13 minutes ago, Baz said:

From todays episode of loremasters, maybe? 

The point that goes through the arm seems too "round" and doesn't really look like a bone, but the shape of the arm is very similar...

Looks like you've found a very interesting piece !

2 hours ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

Really hoping there’s some juicy new lore in the first Harbingers book this weekend 🤞🏻 

Aww mate I cant wait to get my hand on it!! Its been, what almost 2 years since our last significant lore update?

Im so hyped to move this narrative forward and see whats around the corner!!

4 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

For FEC players, this artwork is from the current BT, or is it brand new ? Because if it's a never before seen one, that's a big deal. GW never does artwork that doesn't show miniatures. So if this is new artwork... you do the math.

I think its new and from the harbingers book. The loremasters show I think was a review of the narrative of the book 

Listening to 2+Tough's harbinger lore videos.. the new Trogg we're getting is sounding really big(?) I mean it's from the perspective of a dwarf but referred to as "the size of a mountain" 

I'm really curious if it'll be a hero, a unit or a dual kit to make both and how that might affect the GSG book. We have dankhold, rockgut, felwater.. what do we think the theme for this one would be? Could it be the return of the sour breath? Or maybe something fire/life related? 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

Listening to 2+Tough's harbinger lore videos.. the new Trogg we're getting is sounding really big(?) I mean it's from the perspective of a dwarf but referred to as "the size of a mountain" 

I'm really curious if it'll be a hero, a unit or a dual kit to make both and how that might affect the GSG book. We have dankhold, rockgut, felwater.. what do we think the theme for this one would be? Could it be the return of the sour breath? Or maybe something fire/life related? 

It might be a Dutch dwarf, and it's no larger than a 32 mm speed bump.

16 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

I wouldn't put too much weight into the described height. It's from the perspective of a Dorf, an adult pony would fit the same size description.

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

Various RTS/general strategy game content creators have been given some hands-on experience with the new AoS RTS and have uploaded videos of some multiplayer battles

LionHeart is one of the more laid-back youtubers, and is good at giving a general overview of a game. 

• Like 4

I just noticed that the new Bretonian Knight previewed for the old work this past weekend is a resin miniature. Do we know if are all the old world models to be resin? I guess its GW trying to find a use for forgeworld manufacturing equipment, but I was really hoping that the old world stuff would be plastic. Resin feels so old and out of date

Unless its 3d printed resin. That can be really highly detailed. But the durability of plastic is hard to beat. 

Bretonnian-Battle-Standard-Bearer.jpg

1 hour ago, DinoJon said:

Sulphurbreath troggoths were mentioned somewhere, although at this point I can't remember.
I have doubts that sourbreath troggoths will return, but maybe. I've got like 6 of them but they're similar enough to rockguts that I doubt anyone would complain about using them as rockguts.

A plastic hag sculpt would be great too.

Just now, Gothmaug said:

I just noticed that the new Bretonian Knight previewed for the old work this past weekend is a resin miniature. Do we know if are all the old world models to be resin? I guess its GW trying to find a use for forgeworld manufacturing equipment, but I was really hoping that the old world stuff would be plastic. Resin feels so old and out of date

Unless its 3d printed resin. That can be really highly detailed. But the durability of plastic is hard to beat. 

They said its a mix of resin, plastic, and metal but didn't elaborate.
If HH is anything to go by most of the solo characters will be resin, and some of the bigger kits or units will be in plastic.
Since they're bringing back a ton of old kits for TOW those will probably just be whatever they used to be when they went OOP.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

They said in the stream Bretonnia will have new plastic kits. Probably for new/updated units like Knights on foot, while new characters/single mini things will probably be in resin.

1 hour ago, DinoJon said:

Didnt Whitefang like a post about a big Troggoth with gitz on top or something? Cant seem to find it, it was a week ago or something.

Havent seen anything about sour/sulfurbreath troggs going around. Any good sources on that subject?

8 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Didnt Whitefang like a post about a big Troggoth with gitz on top or something? Cant seem to find it, it was a week ago or something.

Havent seen anything about sour/sulfurbreath troggs going around. Any good sources on that subject?

Yes from the story about the fyreslayer harbinger hero. It was the troggoth with the magic portal on its back. 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2023 at 5:35 PM, Ogregut said:

GW seem to like their things getting piggybacks at the moment lol. 

I can see the troggoth with a portal on its back being something that directly shines the light of the bad moon, a big moon mirror with a couple of luna crazed grots to direct it. 

Maybe with a second build of a hero trog? 

Found it. This concept sounds fun and very gitz like.

33 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Sourbreath Troggoths were what the "regular" Troll became when fantasy shifted over to AoS. Stone trolls became rockguts, and river trolls became fellwaters.

The model for the Sourbreath troggoth was the battle for skull pass troll that never got a solo release. As a bit of history there are some metal prototypes, so maybe they intended to release all the BFSP stuff separately, in metal, but the only thing that did were the spider riders, in plastic.

I went digging again and found that Sulphurbreath troggoths were mentioned in the October 2020 white dwarf, in the Troggherds of the realms article. Its the one that had the gloggs megamob rules.

Sulphurbreath Troggoths are those that lurk in the Caverns of Fulminax, their foul secretions enough to overpower even the hulking ash-scaled lizards they share their subterranean homes with

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DinoJon said:

Im hoping its an absolute monster of a Troggoth!! And I hope we get it released during Dawnbringers Book II!!

2 hours ago, Jetlife said:

IMG_9057.png.20b8d71058c5f39517514e4422941ae8.png

This Gorger arm looks super similar too. But FEC looks on par as well. Has to be on those the two!

The exact same thought occured to me. I really hope its true!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lich King said:

Are there supposed to be new Ogre releases or updates to ancient models ? Did I miss something ?

Not sure about the AoS rumours but Ogors could be the other Destruction Warcry warband next to Kruleboyz.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The latest Loremasters video and all this talk of Nurgle and the Shudderblight can't help but make me wonder if Maggotkin will be the headliners of the new edition/starter set. Death Guard were certainly a big success back in 2017.

Whitefang kinda heavily implied its going to be Skaven. Maybe Maggotkin will be playing a bigger role in the upcoming Dawnbringer books.

Edit: could also have been about underworlds warband i guess??

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 2