The Rumour Thread

45 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Oh is it a Mega Gargant situation with a repeat Rumour Engine posted?

Maybe. The paintjob is different (no stripes on the wires).

But I'm 99% convinced it's the same bit.

Could be an upgrade sprue situation, but for a new(ish) vehicle?
Maybe someone on the Kill Team team yoinked this out of their "done" folder for some new Nob bits?

22 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Could this one be related?

image.png.b18ee1512222842f426fc2657da9027d.png

I remember thinking that it was weird that it was "upside down", but 'Lost Sigmarite mentioned Tankbustas still being resin and... the current Tankbustas do have a guy with a similar exhaust pipe strapped to his back (as some loot). Maybe this is upside down for the same reason?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

From reddit meanwhile:

u7vcwzwu8yva1.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

So....chaos dwarves are actually near?Seems dubious but confirming them for tow seems a big hint of coming back also in aos.

I wouldn't take anything from store staff that seriously, but

Spoiler

I WANT TO BELIEVE IN CHORFS!

I mean they have clearly been building up to them through the edition, first with the Hobgrots, then the mention on the Shyish map, and more recently the Horns of Hashut lore literally saying that the Chorfs are heading to Thondia (with the Horns serving as a vanguard), where most of 3.0 has been set so far!

If I had to make a guess for a surprise last-minute new Battletome before 4.0, it would be Chorfs.

They are imo the one faction that would actually be able to successfully pull double duty in both AoS and TOW (maybe core plastic range with plastic AoS characters and TOW ones in resin?), as they were the most over the top faction for Fantasy imo (while still fitting in), and would be perfect for AoS (with some unique mortal realms flavoured additions)!

Chorfs.

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

So....chaos dwarves are actually near?Seems dubious but confirming them for tow seems a big hint of coming back also in aos.

Chorfs have been teased heavily in AoS. We have the return of the Hobgobbos, and a Warcry band that is Chorf in all but name. It makes sense from FW to discontinue the daemonsmith, the Legion of Azghor went the way of the dodo a few years ago now, surprised this character managed to hold out for so long. 

If Chorfs come back I believe we will see them first in AoS (AoS always takes priority from TOW), and they'll just so happen to be "Old World compatible".

Legion of Azghor being discontinued, release of Hobgrots alongside the Kruleboyz, release of the Horns of Hashut, Chaos Dwarf DLC in TWW3, Warhammer World daemonsmith going OOP... I don't wanna do my crazy rumour theorist, but this is a little "sus" as zoomers would say.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Legion of Azghor being discontinued, release of Hobgrots alongside the Kruleboyz, release of the Horns of Hashut, Chaos Dwarf DLC in TWW3, Warhammer World daemonsmith going OOP... I don't wanna do my crazy rumour theorist, but this is a little "sus" as zoomers would say.  

Yes...seems to me that we have right now the perfect timing to see them coming back.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Yes...seems to me that we have right now the perfect timing to see them coming back.

Tbf, I always expect the return of Chorfs in AoS to be an "when, not if" situation. But apparently we could be getting them way sooner than I expected !

If we see an extended roadmap at Warhammer Fest that shows a mystery Chaos BT in winter 2023, I'd be willing to bet it's Chaos Dwarfs. 

Edit : the new snarlfangs being larger (both the wolf and the rider) than the old goblin wolf riders, and having this steppe aesthetic, could make great hobgoblins in TOW !

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

14 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Tbf, I always expect the return of Chorfs in AoS to be an "when, not if" situation. But apparently we could be getting them way sooner than I expected !

If we see an extended roadmap at Warhammer Fest that shows a mystery Chaos BT in winter 2023, I'd be willing to bet it's Chaos Dwarfs. 

Votann went from nothing to release in 6 months so the timing works.

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 3

I'm probably reading too deep into it, but the War Cry fluff talking about Harshut's Legions being actively on their way to Thondia (with the Horns being the scouts/vanguard) feels like the biggest hint... it's just that due to Covid messing up the release schedule their release might have ended up running into some delays.

Leave me with my Hopeium.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

So far, I'd say the only Orks "shockingly in need of new minis" are the Weirboy and the Tankbustas. But those don't scream "shokk attack gun" to me. 

Big mek with KFF does that isn't in mega armour, though I'd bet KFFs only apply to the unit he joins in the new edition. This could very well be a big mek, kustom weapons tend to be for Meks.

Edited by Ekrund Oath Splitters

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I'm probably reading too deep into it, but the War Cry fluff talking about Harshut's Legions being actively on their way to Thondia (with the Horns being the scouts/vanguard) feels like the biggest hint... it's just that due to Covid messing up the release schedule their release might have ended up running into some delays.

Leave me with my Hopeium.

You're not alone @Clan's Cynic, I myself have picked up two boxes of the Horns of Hashut when I saw that they were being sold separately (I also bought the Rot and Ruin book). As I've stated many times I came into this hobby too late to properly enjoy Fantasy proper, but the scions of LONG LOST NEHEKHARA! and Hashut always sparked my interest when I heard about them. Here's hoping that we get to learn more about them this coming weekend, and that we get a release schedule soon....

Edited by Twisted Firaun
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Asbestress said:

I wouldn't take anything from store staff that seriously, but

I'd agree although with it being a Warhammer World exclusive, perhaps those staff members will have been informed when certain products are going to cease. 

The hype builds and builds. I'm so glad I bought the Daemonsmith years ago, wanted to hold off painting him until Chorfs return. 

Having so much fun with Chorfs in Total Warhammer, super satisfying and they just feel great, especially love their language. 

• Like 1