The Rumour Thread

13 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Pretty sure it’s more of a were-ape than wolf. The human foot us just an ape paw.

FEC so devolved they return to monke

The Stormcast vs Soulblight Warcry set is interesting, as it uses existing Underworlds Warbands but put into a box with new terrain. I'd love to see more of that. Little tidbits of scatter terrain are great for filling out a larger build or creating an armies on parade board. 

Or of course, playing skirmish games. 

I wonder if we'll see older Underworlds warbands return to print like this. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I agree. Id love a full on monstrous Werewolf Faction. So much can be done with the idea of Lycan Undeath. THATS IT IM WATCHING DOG SOLDIERS TONIGHT!!

I dislike Pretty Vampires. A lot. Stake em all give me monsters!!

If GW's reviving the Universal Monsters via GA: Death, I have to demand the return of the Tomb Kings be expedited immediately. 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

20 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

If GW's reviving the Universal Monsters via GA: Death, I have to demand the return of the Tomb Kings be expedited immediately. 

Guess that Era of the Beast was referring to a Death Monster Mash.

Bravo GW.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • LOVE IT! 1

26 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

I do hope that when they release Tomb Kings for the Old World they do bring them into Age of Sigmar as well. It would be nice to have an undead faction that isn't loyal to Nagash. 

I also just love their models and flavor. 

With the recent “death” of Nagash it may well turn out in the new battletomes that neither OBR nor Vampires are particularly loyal to him.

32 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

I do hope that when they release Tomb Kings for the Old World they do bring them into Age of Sigmar as well. It would be nice to have an undead faction that isn't loyal to Nagash. 

I also just love their models and flavor. 

Everyone love mummies, almost everyone loves Ancient Egypt (there's always that one Roman or Persian Empire fan who wants to start something), therefore everyone should enjoy Tomb Kings.

• LOVE IT! 2

Think they'll show anything for OBR and SBGL? 

Damn I'm really hoping for some surprises on SBGL outside of a foot hero unless it's a new sweet ass lady necromancer model. I'll take that. Diablo 4 has got me in the necro-mancing feel goods. 

Edited by Vasshpit

Just now, Vasshpit said:

Damn I'm really hoping for some surprises on SBGL outside of a foot hero unless it's a new sweet ass lady necromancer model. I'll take that. 

If we're wish listing for specific factions, then a new Graveguard kit and some more Vyrkos Bloodline units would be nice. Perhaps something with a more Egyptian feel to it....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

The conversation is great right now, with the Warcry leaks and the Adepticon anticipation, but I must try and preserve some of my reacts for tomorrow ! Or else I'll have none for the glorious model reveals. Some of you are definitely gonna watch the stream right ?

Alarm set

5 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Damn I'm really hoping for some surprises on SBGL outside of a foot hero unless it's a new sweet ass lady necromancer model. I'll take that. Diablo 4 has got me in the necro-mancing feel goods. 

What I'd love - new centrepiece as nagash is 'dead' the vamps break free of his control and we get a sweet ass model like katakros but a vampire (cough Vlad cough) Or something else cool, necrarch style magic guy like zacharias....

What I'd hope - mounted vampire lord.

What I'm expecting - new foot hero we don't really need.

At any rate, forgetting new sculpts, what I'd really REALLY love is for mannfred to return to being a beast at magic. Currently 2x casts with no bonus just feels...wrong.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

@Twisted Firaun I was thinking if no AoS rules come with TKs then I'd probably figure out how to just proxy as OBR. 

I do enjoy my skellies, fo sho, but OBR just didnt do it for me at all. 

@Vasshpit I understand completely, honestly it's both easier and cheaper then my method: kitbash what I don't have out of Disciples of Tzeentch and SBGL kits.

1 hour ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

In its right paw, it is also holding a skull.

I think this solves a second rumour engine.

Whitefang approves!

You’ve gotta love how obscure some of these Rumour Engines are.

It’s a shaggoth!

It’s Ushoran!

Nope, it’s… a devolved FEC were-ape 😂

I will be buying multiples of him for a new project I’ve been planning 🤓

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

3 minutes ago, MotherGoose said:

What I'd love - new centrepiece as nagash is 'dead' the vamps break free of his control and we get a sweet ass model like katakros but a vampire (cough Vlad cough) Or something else cool, necrarch style magic guy like zacharias....

What I'd hope - mounted vampire lord.

What I'm expecting - new foot hero we don't really need.

At any rate, forgetting new sculpts, what I'd really REALLY love is for mannfred to return to being a beast at magic. Currently 2x casts with no bonus just feels...wrong.

Yeah a Vamp on Nightmare at least but Abyssal Terror would be my dream!

Yeah I would like a bit more differentiation of the mortarchs, a better combat profile for Neffy (who is the "fighty" one) and yeah a +1 for Manny's casting. I also wonder if Arkhan will return to the army.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

@Twisted Firaun I was thinking if no AoS rules come with TKs then I'd probably figure out how to just proxy as OBR. 

I do enjoy my skellies, fo sho, but OBR just didnt do it for me at all. 

My plan is to run them as Cities of Nagash with a small amount of OBR as the Stormcast replacements

• Like 2

My hope for Soulblights hero update is either a new Deathrattle commander to help “flesh” out that sub-faction for skeleton-only builds(if not a zombie commander choice at some time for Deadwalker) with maybe it’s bones made of monster parts or since we’re in Ghur it’d be awesome for some more Avengorii chimera madness.

Just saw a replay of Castlevania and a locust-hybrid Avengorii like Abaddon would be aces for both their monster-body faction and the current Realm & Gallet theme.

image.png.a48877c48100080e6e6cb7aa6e0a56dc.png

10 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

My hope for Soulblights hero update is either a new Deathrattle commander to help “flesh” out that sub-faction for skeleton-only builds(if not a zombie commander choice at some time for Deadwalker) with maybe it’s bones made of monster parts or since we’re in Ghur it’d be awesome for some more Avengorii chimera madness.

Just saw a replay of Castlevania and a locust-hybrid Avengorii like Abaddon would be aces for both their monster-body faction and the current Realm & Gallet theme.

image.png.a48877c48100080e6e6cb7aa6e0a56dc.png

Catslevania is just a great source of vampire inspiration in general, I mean look at some of the guys and ghouls from the 2017 show alone:

Cho_model_sheet.webp Cho%27s_Soldier_Model.webp Sharma_model.webp

39 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

If we're wish listing for specific factions, then a new Graveguard kit and some more Vyrkos Bloodline units would be nice. Perhaps something with a more Egyptian feel to it....

If we're wish listing for specific factions...

...then some zombie and skeleton elves and dwarves for Gravelords please.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EntMan said:

If we're wish listing for specific factions...

...then some zombie and skeleton elves and dwarves for Gravelords please.

I TAKE IT BACK! GIVE ME UNDEAD DWARFS!!! I know for a fact in one of the old Josh Reynolds books Neferata has a whole cadre of skeleton dwarf blacksmiths and I am here for it.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Death is the one Grand Alliance I do not have an army for yet. I am planning on waiting for Old World and converting some Knights to be themed around the Green Knight and to proxy them as Nighthaunt in AOS.

However, if they made undead Dwarves I would get them one hundred percent. I still hope for Terracota Statues that are possessed by the spirits of fallen Duardin. It could indicate different funerary rights and make a distinct faction. Splitting the Rules for Gazul and Nagash themed subfactions,  could keep the theme of Nagash as the self-proclaimed Monotheistic lord of all death while also showcasing that there are others that challenge his rule and open the door up for further Gods of Death for Nagash to supress.  However, if they are traditional ghosts and zombies I'd still be into it. 

• Like 1

I've just come to terms that I'm going to be broke this year. 

I'm just waiting to picking the new lizards. 

Pretty sure the new cities of sigmar will be right up my alley. 

The flesh eaters look amazing, need some of those to add to my army

Potentially The Old World hitting this year. 

Great time for the hobby, bad time for my bank! 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Ogregut
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Death is the one Grand Alliance I do not have an army for yet. I am planning on waiting for Old World and converting some Knights to be themed around the Green Knight and to proxy them as Nighthaunt in AOS.

However, if they made undead Dwarves I would get them one hundred percent. I still hope for Terracota Statues that are possessed by the spirits of fallen Duardin. It could indicate different funerary rights and make a distinct faction. Splitting the Rules for Gazul and Nagash themed subfactions,  could keep the theme of Nagash as the self-proclaimed Monotheistic lord of all death while also showcasing that there are others that challenge his rule and open the door up for further Gods of Death for Nagash to supress.  However, if they are traditional ghosts and zombies I'd still be into it. 

Honestly with Nagash currently being Down for The Count lore wise, I wouldn't mind seeing some "upstart" death-gods expand their power through the realms in order to claim his spot. Some would call this a cliche, others divine justice, I'd call it something interesting.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1