The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, Snarff said:

I really liked this yeah, just got my tome 2 days ago as well. The FS tome also really seems like it's not pushing this narrative with lodges being divided over Grimnir and those in favor of Grungi mostly seeing working with him as a way to bring Grimnir back quicker. It seems like the Battletomes and Black Library are pushing 2 entirely different narratives concerning Duardin. I'm hoping the Battletome one is leading and Grungi gets some sort of new army indeed, though I hope it doesn't mean that FS and KO will go even longer without expansions. There's already so much established lore for both factions that GW doesn't have to look far at all for any expansions.

Personally I like the Black Library’s approach to Duardin reconciliation: Grungi staying in the background while more “mortal” Dawi like Gotrek and Grombrindal go around reminding everyone they meet about honor and Grudges. Grombrindal’s short stories are the better of the two, as he seemingly knows every trick in all three factions book, and is using that to push his distant kin to be the best they can.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Personally I like the Black Library’s approach to Duardin reconciliation: Grungi staying in the background while more “mortal” Dawi like Gotrek and Grombrindal go around reminding everyone they meet about honor and Grudges. Grombrindal’s short stories are the better of the two, as he seemingly knows every trick in all three factions book, and is using that to push his distant kin to be the best they can.

I don't think Duardin merging should be a goal ever. Just because they are the same species doesn't mean their cultures should be merged up and made less unique. We're getting fewer and fewer books about the individual cultures of the Duardin, and more and more books are starting to feel like 'get rid of what makes these factions unique, it's time to force them together'.

They've been working together for a long time now, there's no need to make them one and the same to make them cooperate.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Snarff said:

I don't think Duardin merging should be a goal ever. Just because they are the same species doesn't mean their cultures should be merged up and made less unique. We're getting fewer and fewer books about the individual cultures of the Duardin, and more and more books are starting to feel like 'get rid of what makes these factions unique, it's time to force them together'.

They've been working together for a long time now, there's no need to make them one and the same to make them cooperate.

Never said merging, just reconciliation. I like my steampunk pirates thank you very much, but I do like the idea that some of the old ideals of the dawi start reappearing due to the influence of a few long beards. Besides, if they ever did merge again it's clear that the Kharadron would be the faction absorbing the other two, not the other way around since they are the most developed of the three. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Never said merging, just reconciliation. I like my steampunk pirates thank you very much, but I do like the idea that some of the old ideals of the dawi start reappearing due to the influence of a few long beards. Besides, if they ever did merge again it's clear that the Kharadron would be the faction absorbing the other two, not the other way around since they are the most developed of the three. 

The old ideals of the Dawi don't fit AoS anymore though. Extreme resistance to change and desparate clinging to tradition, isolationism, irrational hate of Elves, etc. They're boring old tropes that have been done to death.

AoS Duardin have forged their own destinies. Fyreslayers made their own new traditions and way of life and interact with nearly all other factions as mercenaries. Kharadron have abandoned the underground altogether, cut off their beards for practical reasons and interact with nearly all other factions as merchants.

Kharadron and Fyreslayers have evolved beyond most of the old Dwarf tropes and have their own traditions, their own interfactional relations, etc. Kharadron are not the most developed, Fyreslayers and Disposessed are just as developed in their own way, both technologically and culturally.

Duardin are so different that if you want to merge them together, you could just as well force together Beasts of Chaos and Skaven. They're both animal creatures right? Or Dawnbringer Crusades and Darkoath. Those are both just normal humans who just chose a different way to survive. Or all Aelves, there wouldn't be any cultural differences or moral conflicts there either right?

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Snarff said:

The old ideals of the Dawi don't fit AoS anymore though. Extreme resistance to change and desparate clinging to tradition, isolationism, irrational hate of Elves, etc. They're boring old tropes that have been done to death.

AoS Duardin have forged their own destinies. Fyreslayers made their own new traditions and way of life and interact with nearly all other factions as mercenaries. Kharadron have abandoned the underground altogether, cut off their beards for practical reasons and interact with nearly all other factions as merchants.

Kharadron and Fyreslayers have evolved beyond most of the old Dwarf tropes and have their own traditions, their own interfactional relations, etc. Kharadron are not the most developed, Fyreslayers and Disposessed are just as developed in their own way, both technologically and culturally.

Duardin are so different that if you want to merge them together, you could just as well force together Beasts of Chaos and Skaven. They're both animal creatures right? Or Dawnbringer Crusades and Darkoath. Those are both just normal humans who just chose a different way to survive. Or all Aelves, there wouldn't be any cultural differences or moral conflicts there either right?

First off we’re going off topic, secondly they haven’t really given up half of the tropes you think they’ve given up.

Kharadron trim their beards and still tend to venerate their ancestors, it’s just their gods that aren’t really worshipped outside of one or two settlements. While I’ll admit that the two factions are too unique to ever be mixed, that doesn’t mean we can’t get more lore of them helping each other out for nothing else besides the fact that they’re both Duardin. As for the isolationism? The Kharadron only came out of hiding for trade and are willing to abandon their “allies” when it’s no longer profitable, meanwhile the Fyreslayers have taken heavy losses due to the Necroquake turning most of their homes into a necromantic ground-zero, and many factions won’t help them due to their past behavior and mercenary ways. 

Regardless of what GW ends up trying to do, I think it’ll go the way of Storm of Chaos: so badly it’ll have to be retconned. Let’s just agree that dwarfs are awesome, elves are untrustworthy, and that Nagash needs to pay for what he’s done.

Edited by Twisted Firaun
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

First off we’re going off topic, secondly they haven’t really given up half of the tropes you think they’ve given up.

Kharadron trim their beards and still tend to venerate their ancestors, it’s just their gods that aren’t really worshipped outside of one or two settlements. While I’ll admit that the two factions are too unique to ever be mixed, that doesn’t mean we can’t get more lore of them helping each other out for nothing else besides the fact that they’re both Duardin. As for the isolationism? The Kharadron only came out of hiding for trade and are willing to abandon their “allies” when it’s no longer profitable, meanwhile the Fyreslayers have taken heavy losses due to the Necroquake turning most of their homes into a necromantic ground-zero, and many factions won’t help them due to their past behavior and mercenary ways.

Trimming is already a gigantic departure from 'Beard length = Wisdom'. And yes, they were both isolationist in the Age of Chaos but every main lodge and sky-port is no longer that way. And them adapting their ways to new circumstances over the course of AoS is already infinitely more interesting than being stuck in their ways and clinging to tradition forever. And even if some tropes still exist, they're presented in novel and much more interesting ways. Grudges are matters of legal conflict for Kharadron, and Fyreslayers are way more about Oaths. They're still Duardin, but distinct from another and even more distinct from the dwarfs of the world that was, though they of course share elements with them. Their differences is what makes them more interesting than WFB dwarfs.

Lore of them working together is not the problem. When they have to conglomerate into one to work together is the problem. Idoneth and Daughters of Khaine have alliances too without having to be forced into one. Or Ogors and Gargants.

But I agree we've gone off topic and I won't say more on the matter. Duardin and Aelves are indeed awesome, and seeing any entire species as untrustworthy by default is exactly what AoS is not about.

Edited by Snarff
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If you want old school Dawi, Disposessed still exist. I'd like for GW to do a 3rd Order Dwarf faction that's more like an evolution of the classic Dawi we know, with Grungni, Valaya, Grombrindal, heavy armor, guns, beards, grudges and Bugman XXXXXX... Maybe to replace Dispos, maybe to complement them while they stay in CoS, maybe to be compatible with TOW...

Ideally, (this is the dream in my head), this 3rd Dwarf factions comes out and is compatible with TOW, while Disposessed get replaced by proper Sigmarite Dwarfs. Will it happen ? Probably not, but a man can dream. I would like GW to do something cool with AoS Dwarfs again. They've been teasing the return of Grombrindal for so long... 

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 6

13 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Whenever I hear the name the honest wargamer, it always make me think of those dodgy 2nd hand car salesmen lol. 

Eh, I mean he genuinely speaks his mind, which is great.

I sometimes feel content creators can struggle to give a truly impartial battletome review when they have been sent freebies by GW. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Eh, I mean he genuinely speaks his mind, which is great.

I sometimes feel content creators can struggle to give a truly impartial battletome review when they have been sent freebies by GW. 

I don't watch his vids or any other battletome reviews, I'll rather read the book myself. 

I was purely commenting on his name and what it makes me think of,  those car salesmen in old comedy films, they call themselves honest and are anything but lol. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

Whenever I hear the name the honest wargamer, it always make me think of those dodgy 2nd hand car salesmen lol. 

I hope the spider incarnate is coming soon, should be good for conversions as well as being the actual monster. 

For an Elemental Monster it sounds awesome and Im really looking forward to a move in the Narrative. Seems we have a Broken Realms type event at the end of every Edition followed by Narrative Events once a year after until the next Edition.

• Like 2

Hhhrrruuummm, the warmbloods of this... what was it, Toy Foundry? are most unwise to have abandoned the Great Plan and with it another Seraphon preview. The stars are aligned, yet the fools of Nottingham do not see them, for their minds are as clouded as the skies above them.

Oh well, good thing I love Tyranids!!!

Edited by Magnusaur
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Snarff said:

Merging is bad 100%. We need option to play united force without removing other factions identity. 

Something like First prince type of subfaction with it's own AA and units that they can take from all duardin factions.

IMHO ofc.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

This eases my mind greatly! Thanks for the screenshots!

Happy to help!

I’m really glad they’re keeping it true to their style of being dismissive of the gods on the whole like their White Dwarf update was pushing with the majority of Sky-ports voting against Grungni.

Reading the tome i was a bit confused then why the Geldraad made that quick note with his return to Chamon it’s caused many’s fortunes to change

7CE7D9F8-5E95-44EC-864B-B575F2E9548C.jpg

But then I noticed I missed this bit with the “lands being cleansed of chaos by his sight”, it’s much more than that with Grungni actually reshaping the Spiral Crux back to it’s original form of being orderly lined up ingots before the Lode-Griffon settled in the center and warped the continents with it’s magnetic pull.

B4089AD5-2C05-4422-A8C3-CB1AEE472151.jpg
“The Spiral Crux, once known as the Godwrought Isles, is one of the constituent sub-realms of Chamon. Grungni, the Smith-God, forged the Godwrought Isles to be perfectly straight landmasses and gifted each one to the clans of Duardin, Humans, and Gholemkind that worshipped him. But many apocalyptic events have warped Grungni's creation, transforming them into the Spiral Crux, a region that has become akin to a twisted labyrinth of jagged coastlines and impossible landscapes.”

This return to form has shuffled around the Kharadron’s prospects with their trade routes, mining operations and aethergold seams being moved around with new seams forming over the center of his work & mountains of indescribable wealth rising up so high that Sky-ports can mine them from above, shaking up the shares of the Sky-ports.

It’s also a very interesting note how the Realm maps may change in the coming years/editions.

By the time we go to Chamon(reforged by Grungni) and return to Ghur(eaten eachother) & Shyish(afterlives growing & vanishing) in the future their continents may have completely changed than what the current maps show and used as edition markers.

8 hours ago, Snarff said:

I'm hoping the Battletome one is leading and Grungi gets some sort of new army indeed,

Battletomes are considered more canon than the novels. With the novels the writers have more creative freedom to put in and interpret things how they want thus why the Gotrek series keeps changing tone between writers and we have the Swifthawk Agents who had even a short story and keep getting mentioned but it didn’t save them from getting discontinued. 

We’d certainly be in a much worse spot on the issue if the battletomes, magazines and Corebook were the ones steadfast on mashing the clans together while the novelists were seen trying to fight back. ;) 

10 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

They could just get rid of Wanderers to open up the design space ( or warehouse space) for something else. Wild Riders might be similar to lets say a centaur unit

I do imagine that’s the long term plan for all the Wfb holdovers. A few upsized updates but majority being replaced by AoS equivalents that fit the crazier setting.

Hopefully Cities can hold onto a few “similar but updated” ideas with city aelves & Ironweld for their fans and to keep the mixed factor people love.

10 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Also wanted to ask if u know of any new Bonesplitterz or Ironjawz units that are mentioned in recent tomes.

Nothing really new besides a few cases of Ironjawz & Kruleboyz becoming Bonesplitterz(so maybe an excuse for a reboot for upscale them along with visual changes like the were-boars) but there’s plenty of old ideas from AoS1 & Gnarlwoods first mentions they can pull from like the Scrap-cog mobile fortresses they drive with paddle wheels they crank with shaman crow-nests that put forcefields over them while the Skybasha Warclan can be a precursor for the Grotbags.

image.png.8759a79eb8f363a791bcfa7f1a10710e.png
image.png.1f45af539904a62e3c8d4f1696e43863.png

12 hours ago, cofaxest said:

As well as returning of the Kurnoth - a god of the hunt as Order god in Ghur. 

Oh that’d be an amazing way to cap off the Ghur edition. Kurnoth vs Morghur vs Kragnos vs some horror the Ossiarchs raised(or maybe a God-beast that caught the FEC madness?) fighting for the control of Ghur before Gorkamorka tells the gitz to knock off that racket leading to a right krumping by a empowered Gordrakk and greenskin reinforcements as he gets his status back.

@KingBrodd

All my yes to a Gallet Book! 🙌🕷

I’m super excited for a new incarnate but the Thondia Tome is So cool i want a whole collection of Realm books. 😍

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 3

39 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Some journalists already spoilt it by accident(?) but Ulrika's coming to Total War: Warhammer III.

0p823bvj5xoa1.jpg?width=1000&format=pjpg

gec3nobk5xoa1.jpg?width=1000&format=pjpg

fdnswq5l5xoa1.jpg?width=1000&format=pjpg

fgfgqoqk5xoa1.jpg?width=1000&format=pjpg

Okay, Not-Russian Vampire expansion when? I'm serious that model looks amazing! We already have the Vyrkos and their Not-Werewolf nonsense, so why not give us vampire-bears and Ice-Magic? Wasn't there also a Warhammer Community Article on vampires recently that mentioned Ulrika? GW keeps dropping hints and I am here for them.... Also, how does one download this character when released?

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Baron Klatz said:

Happy to help!

I’m really glad they’re keeping it true to their style of being dismissive of the gods on the whole like their White Dwarf update was pushing with the majority of Sky-ports voting against Grungni.

Reading the tome i was a bit confused then why the Geldraad made that quick note with his return to Chamon it’s caused many’s fortunes to change

7CE7D9F8-5E95-44EC-864B-B575F2E9548C.jpg

But then I noticed I missed this bit with the “lands being cleansed of chaos by his sight”, it’s much more than that with Grungni actually reshaping the Spiral Crux back to it’s original form of being orderly lined up ingots before the Lode-Griffon settled in the center and warped the continents with it’s magnetic pull.

B4089AD5-2C05-4422-A8C3-CB1AEE472151.jpg
“The Spiral Crux, once known as the Godwrought Isles, is one of the constituent sub-realms of Chamon. Grungni, the Smith-God, forged the Godwrought Isles to be perfectly straight landmasses and gifted each one to the clans of Duardin, Humans, and Gholemkind that worshipped him. But many apocalyptic events have warped Grungni's creation, transforming them into the Spiral Crux, a region that has become akin to a twisted labyrinth of jagged coastlines and impossible landscapes.”

This return to form has shuffled around the Kharadron’s prospects with their trade routes, mining operations and aethergold seams being moved around with new seams forming over the center of his work & mountains of indescribable wealth rising up so high that Sky-ports can mine them from above, shaking up the shares of the Sky-ports.

It’s also a very interesting note how the Realm maps may change in the coming years/editions.

By the time we go to Chamon(reforged by Grungni) and return to Ghur(eaten eachother) & Shyish(afterlives growing & vanishing) in the future their continents may have completely changed than what the current maps show and used as edition markers.

Battletomes are considered more canon than the novels. With the novels the writers have more creative freedom to put in and interpret things how they want thus why the Gotrek series keeps changing tone between writers and we have the Swifthawk Agents who had even a short story and keep getting mentioned but it didn’t save them from getting discontinued. 

We’d certainly be in a much worse spot on the issue if the battletomes, magazines and Corebook were the ones steadfast on mashing the clans together while the novelists were seen trying to fight back. ;) 

I do imagine that’s the long term plan for all the Wfb holdovers. A few upsized updates but majority being replaced by AoS equivalents that fit the crazier setting.

Hopefully Cities can hold onto a few “similar but updated” ideas with city aelves & Ironweld for their fans and to keep the mixed factor people love.

Nothing really new besides a few cases of Ironjawz & Kruleboyz becoming Bonesplitterz(so maybe an excuse for a reboot for upscale them along with visual changes like the were-boars) but there’s plenty of old ideas from AoS1 & Gnarlwoods first mentions they can pull from like the Scrap-cog mobile fortresses they drive with paddle wheels they crank with shaman crow-nests that put forcefields over them while the Skybasha Warclan can be a precursor for the Grotbags.

image.png.8759a79eb8f363a791bcfa7f1a10710e.png
image.png.1f45af539904a62e3c8d4f1696e43863.png

Oh that’d be an amazing way to cap off the Ghur edition. Kurnoth vs Morghur vs Kragnos vs some horror the Ossiarchs raised(or maybe a God-beast that caught the FEC madness?) fighting for the control of Ghur before Gorkamorka tells the gitz to knock off that racket leading to a right krumping by a empowered Gordrakk and greenskin reinforcements as he gets his status back.

@KingBrodd

All my yes to a Gallet Book! 🙌🕷

I’m super excited for a new incarnate but the Thondia Tome is So cool i want a whole collection of Realm books. 😍

Was looking for a paint scheme for my Ironjawz and i really like that one to be honest (with some minor adjustments).

Bonesplitterz are one of the first models i ever bought, i would be thrilled if they get some love this edition. Might even get them off the square bases if they get a new wave XD.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1