The Rumour Thread

8 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

So much excitement!!!!!

So far:

1. Kurnothi coming in some way. I take it for Sylvaneth. 

2. Destruction getting new models through the end of the edition narrative (Broken Realms)

3. Cities release is pretty big with the conquistador look being accurate. 

4. Most of Seraphon has been shown. Maybe just Kroxigors left

5. FEC is getting a big refresh or extension

Did I miss anything????

Beside Dwarves not getting anything ...

I would be more then happy if Duardins will get something other then just new book too... But it looks like we will wait until 5-6ed.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Yeah, so all your characters act strangely, die at the end of their story and the basic story can only be put together by reading item descriptions? 😂 

I think FromSoft really needs to work on their actual storytelling. It‘s cool to not state everything bluntly and it‘s nice to have an actual game instead of cinematic games like God of War but I feel like they‘re venturing into the other extreme to a point where people think the „story“ sucks and only the general worldbuilding rocks. Bloodborne left many questions people still can‘t answer, same with Elden Ring. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I did love those two games though (Demon Souls was weaker, planning to go for DS3 soon) but it‘s frustrating to be this vague, especially if the story doesn‘t need to hide itself. And yes, I know Miyazaki‘s argument for it …and fundamentally disagree with it! 😇

Act strangely? Well I have a thief based off of Shaggy from Scooby Doo, an insomniac scribe who can speak to vultures, a berserker whose a mixture of the first Muezzin Bilal and Yasuke (who’s cursed to not be able to die), and an army of demons taking over “Not-Persia” and beyond. 

Don’t get me wrong, Fromsoftware games confuse the hell outta me, and I can’t play them for long periods of time without getting angry or depressed…. But the worlds are incredible, the characters fun and intriguing (except Parches, ****** him), and there’s the satisfaction that comes from finally beating That One Boss who kept killing you that makes it all worthwhile. Though with Elden Ring I blame George R.R. Martin, as it felt like Game of Thrones mixed with Ragnarok.

53 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Yeah, so all your characters act strangely, die at the end of their story and the basic story can only be put together by reading item descriptions? 😂 

I think FromSoft really needs to work on their actual storytelling. It‘s cool to not state everything bluntly and it‘s nice to have an actual game instead of cinematic games like God of War but I feel like they‘re venturing into the other extreme to a point where people think the „story“ sucks and only the general worldbuilding rocks. Bloodborne left many questions people still can‘t answer, same with Elden Ring. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I did love those two games though (Demon Souls was weaker, planning to go for DS3 soon) but it‘s frustrating to be this vague, especially if the story doesn‘t need to hide itself. And yes, I know Miyazaki‘s argument for it …and fundamentally disagree with it! 😇

Bloodborne is actually one of the least obtuse of the games and has been dissected pretty thoroughly by this point. What are you thinking of that people haven't been able to answer?

(Apologies for going a bit off topic, this just happens to be my favourite topic!)

My Seraphon thoughts

We have 2 kits left and we keep getting Monday reveals every other week.

Which leaves this Wednesday for CoS. 

Hopefully at the end of the kit reveals they'll announce an army box or just release schedule for Seraphon. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cofaxest said:

I would be more then happy if Duardins will get something other then just new book too... But it looks like we will wait until 5-6ed.

Anything Duardin just seems to get a laugh emoji lol, so either we're getting something soon or waiting for a long time.

Unless we're getting Legions of Azgorh revived soon-ish and not much for other Duardin factions.

1 hour ago, KingKull said:

KURNOTHI KURNOTHI KURNOTHI KURNOTHI KURNOTHI KURNOTHI

IMG_20230316_154023.jpg

“Apes Stupid” Maurice the Orangutan.

Jokes aside I don’t understand why everyone thought the Kurnothi were gonna be this big thing. We’ve had the Mistweaver Saih character since 2016, but we still haven’t seen the faction it belongs to appear….. both are probably just concepts pieces meant to test the waters of a distance future release.

Edited by Twisted Firaun

1 minute ago, Snarff said:

Anything Duardin just seems to get a laugh emoji lol, so either we're getting something soon or waiting for a long time.

Unless we're getting Legions of Azgorh revived soon-ish and not much for other Duardin factions.

I think squats are being squatted. Or maybe Votanned?

2 hours ago, Whitefang said:

No

This one is a new model

The only new model for ossiarch actually.

Just be patient... Something is coming soon

Yeah some people not satisfying with update for their factions will get a second chance...later.

At this point not much left to talk about lizzy

I think we just need to wait

but

military-middle-ages-infantry-burgundian-footsoldier-circa-1440-additional-CP20X3.jpg

31 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

You think Fec isn't big? 

THE PROPHET HAS RETURNED!!

waynes-world-bow.gif

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 2

13 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

image.png.bd126d0ececf8ef4d95a1f1ac54dbb8d.png

And it's a Haha react. I guess this means this is back to the natural state of things for Beastmen enjoyers : being ignored by GW for another edition. Apparently no Morghur for you mates, sorry ! Hope you like the new Beastlord ! 

Im hoping a Haha React is a good thing. A Sad react usually deigns No. Haha wouldnt be handed out as in 'Dont make me Laugh' Im sure. 

Oh boy time for everybody's favorite pastime!!!! What does one of these five reacts means!!! Honestly, I enjoy this way more then I should lol.

I have personally spent countless hours looking a a sad face or a laugh trying to figure out what was in store for my dwarfs and elves in Cities lol!!

Edited by RyantheFett
  • LOVE IT! 1

18 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Im hoping a Haha React is a good thing. A Sad react usually deigns No. Haha wouldnt be handed out as in 'Dont make me Laugh' Im sure. 

Love the positive energy, but it is what it is dawg. I all seriousness though, it's all good, can finally get in CoS....models for Mordheim 

Pablo Escobar Waiting | Know Your Meme

Problem is, about rumours, and potential new releases we have rumour fuel for : GW has teased so many different things it's going to be impossible to release all of them in an edition. In fact, even in multiple editions. So far, we have got teased :

- Cities of Sigmar
- Malerion and Umbraneth elves
- Kurnothi
- Return of Morghur
- Dawi Zharr
- Frazzleface Snazzlegit and the grots that worship him (Gitmob/Grotbag)

- Return of Grungni w/ Grombrindal, Gholemkind and new Dwarfs
- New Lumineth temples
- Silent People ? Deep Ones ? Wraithfleet ? 

That's way too big. It's impossible to drop all of that in even 2 editions. That's why AoS rumours are so difficult to nail down... and why Whitefang is a godsend from Sigmar.

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Don't do that. Don't give me hope (I don't play BoC, I just want cool new minis for fellow BoC players, who have suffered many years with old miniatures).

As someone who has toed the line of BOC for decades(!?) Ive finally taken the plunge and nabbed the Beastlord. I too am hoping for them to be updated at some point, even if its next Edition.

1 hour ago, Twisted Firaun said:

“Apes Stupid” Maurice the Orangutan.

Jokes aside I don’t understand why everyone thought the Kurnothi were gonna be this big thing. We’ve had the Mistweaver Saih character since 2016, but we still haven’t seen the faction it belongs to appear….. both are probably just concepts pieces meant to test the waters of a distance future release.

I don't know man, I just love Wild Hunt, Orion/Kurnos and everything that has to do with that concept.

After Lizard, wood elves were my first Warhammer models and the faction that I spent the most time playing in my hobby history.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Feii said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/03/16/the-three-hosts-of-slaanesh-wage-war-with-lascivious-excess-in-the-new-battletome/ 

Does the Pretender's artifact allow you to boost rend and damage +3/+3 for the general??

Currently by raw I'm pretty sure it does, but it isn't limited to just +3/+3. They can issue a command every phase, 3 times each, and the buff lasts until the end of the turn. On the Honest Wargamer stream they showed that the other trait for pretenders is they generate 3 command points instead of 1 for the general being alive, so that's 5-6 command points in a turn with the heroic action. Considering they could issue a command in the hero, movement, shooting, charge, and combat phases I think they max out at +15 to each. Super unlikely to get that high, but +9 to each would be easy. Obviously I think we're going to get a day one FAQ limiting it to only giving +1. Classic GW rule writing.

Edited by Grimrock