The Rumour Thread

10 minutes ago, TechnoVampire said:

Does anyone have any hope/ reason to believe that SBGL might be getting a lumineth style “part 2” release anytime soon(ish)? 

Soon? I doubt it. Soulblight were the very last 2E army to release, like right before 3E. Gitz, FEC, OBR, KO, etc all have much higher priority claims on new battletomes. GW doesn't always follow what seems like the obvious move externally, but I don't seen Soulblight line-jumping unless it's for a single-hero release to fill the gaps in product in while they polish one of the more challenging lines up. And honestly, while Soulblight could definitely use a bit of polish in places, they are far from needing to line-jump either. They're functional and have a diverse plastic model range, which is more than you can say for some others.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, RocketPropelledGrenade said:

Soon? I doubt it. Soulblight were the very last 2E army to release, like right before 3E. Gitz, FEC, OBR, KO, etc all have much higher priority claims on new battletomes. GW doesn't always follow what seems like the obvious move externally, but I don't seen Soulblight line-jumping unless it's for a single-hero release to fill the gaps in product in while they polish one of the more challenging lines up. And honestly, while Soulblight could definitely use a bit of polish in places, they are far from needing to line-jump either. They're functional and have a diverse plastic model range, which is more than you can say for some others.

I mean yeah, I wouldn’t want them “line jumping”. I’m aware that SB are in a decent place with a recent book, a fairly extensive new model range, and that other armies are in much more need of an update (my parter collects Gitz and I really hope they get a new tome soon). I’m more just asking if anyone believes they might get a second wave release sometime, similar to Lumineth, as was initially rumoured. 

53 minutes ago, TechnoVampire said:

Does anyone have any hope/ reason to believe that SBGL might be getting a lumineth style “part 2” release anytime soon(ish)? 

It's possible, I mean I assume it will sell well so you never know (you only need to look at Space Marines to see how much GW cares about parity in their systems, though admitedly AoS isn't as bad as 40K for this), and they still have a lot of old kits. I wouldn't bet on it though, I think a NH/Sylvaneth sized release with 1-2 Heroes an 1-3 units is what they will get at best - a mounted Vampire Lord on horseback as well as a new version of the Abyssal Terror (not to be confused with Dread Abyssals) as well as a new Grave Gaard kit would be lovely.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, RocketPropelledGrenade said:

Fair. I guess I was a little verbose--my answer was meant to just be "No, I don't think so." with a little elaboration on my logic. Mea culpa!

No worries, I agree with your point, that other armies are in much worse places, and I hope they get the attention they need first. I also don’t expect much coming up for SBGL anytime soon, more just optimistically wondering what others might think. 

23 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

It's possible, I mean I assume it will sell well so you never know (you only need to look at Space Marines to see how much GW cares about parity in their systems, though admitedly AoS isn't as bad as 40K for this), and they still have a lot of old kits. I wouldn't bet on it though, I think a NH/Sylvaneth sized release with 1-2 Heroes an 1-3 units is what they will get at best - a mounted Vampire Lord on horseback as well as a new version of the Abyssal Terror (not to be confused with Dread Abyssals) as well as a new Grave Gaard kit would be lovely.

I’d be pretty happy with that to be honest. It would be great if the current armies and existing ranges were fully fleshed out, and updated with meaningful battletome’s and new models, before GW expansively diversifies with new armies and spin off games.  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, TechnoVampire said:

I’d be pretty happy with that to be honest. It would be great if the current armies and existing ranges were fully fleshed out, and updated with meaningful battletome’s and new models, before GW expansively diversifies with new armies and spin off games.  

Well it does seem like this edition won't add nearly as many new armies as the last one, I mean we might only get Dawnbringer stuff (I guess and Kruelboyz) as completely new lines. Hopefully that will mean a lot of refresh and expansion, but the fact that Skaven didn't get anything really does worry me that maybe this edition will just be very light for new stuff compared to the last one. Hopefully not though, maybe we will get a big Seraphon refresh next year!

But yeah at the end of the day I am a big undead fanboy, so any new Soulblight stuff will be good with me!

• Like 2

How could I have forgotten Critters and Keys Games Workshops premier Fantasy oriented game?

Are we truly getting our first Clockwork Critter or is it a dastardly Kharadron Critter Catcher? 

I am really excited for Friday's announcements, strange as it is mostly narrative focused but I am really excited about the Arkifane and the Incarnate. I am likely not going to pick up the spider spirit, but I have a friend that is obsessed with the various Spider models that GW produces and he is going to go nuts if we get a crazy Spider spirit. Plus we will hopefully get some new terrain as well.

Still really hoping we get a little more but if those were the major reveals I'd be alright.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Sarges said:

Actually quite a bit.

image.png.5eeb248ba80161d1c5d554c3487c9d9e.png

I mean, OK, they're _slightly_ different. Would you insist it's down to a deliberate differences in a design language? I know it's fun to analyse each tiniest detail, but I think sometimes we also need to accept that some things are just random. And I think that's where I'm going to sit on that one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grungnisson said:

I mean, OK, they're _slightly_ different. Would you insist it's down to a deliberate differences in a design language? I know it's fun to analyse each tiniest detail, but I think sometimes we also need to accept that some things are just random. And I think that's where I'm going to sit on that one.

Both of your statements are true. It barely proves anything but I absolutely love checking every detail and make conspiracy theories out of it.

Charlie Conspiracy (Always Sunny in Philidelphia) Meme Generator - Imgflip

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, TechnoVampire said:

I mean yeah, I wouldn’t want them “line jumping”. I’m aware that SB are in a decent place with a recent book, a fairly extensive new model range, and that other armies are in much more need of an update (my parter collects Gitz and I really hope they get a new tome soon). I’m more just asking if anyone believes they might get a second wave release sometime, similar to Lumineth, as was initially rumoured. 

Id love for SBGL to get some new minis but Ive a feeling this Edition is a single model Character as FEC is heavily rumoured to be getting a refresh.

Next Edition though I could see a Wave 2 for Ossiarch and SBGL!!

7 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

How could I have forgotten Critters and Keys Games Workshops premier Fantasy oriented game?

Are we truly getting our first Clockwork Critter or is it a dastardly Kharadron Critter Catcher? 

I am really excited for Friday's announcements, strange as it is mostly narrative focused but I am really excited about the Arkifane and the Incarnate. I am likely not going to pick up the spider spirit, but I have a friend that is obsessed with the various Spider models that GW produces and he is going to go nuts if we get a crazy Spider spirit. Plus we will hopefully get some new terrain as well.

Still really hoping we get a little more but if those were the major reveals I'd be alright.

Mate me too!! Im expecting Seasons of War Gallet(?) and the Gloomspite Warband.

Im just excited to finally get some Narrative content, Thondia feels like years ago and Broken Realms even longer!!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

7 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Arkifane? Is that a 40K Arcs of Omen thing, or have I missed some leaks? Also do we know that we are getting the Incarnate Spider?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Goatforce said:

Well it does seem like this edition won't add nearly as many new armies as the last one, I mean we might only get Dawnbringer stuff (I guess and Kruelboyz) as completely new lines. Hopefully that will mean a lot of refresh and expansion, but the fact that Skaven didn't get anything really does worry me that maybe this edition will just be very light for new stuff compared to the last one. Hopefully not though, maybe we will get a big Seraphon refresh next year!

But yeah at the end of the day I am a big undead fanboy, so any new Soulblight stuff will be good with me!

I’m hoping the fact that skaven and seraphon got basically nothing this year means they will be getting a much needed model refresh sometime in the near future, they both need it so bad, and are two of the most popular armies in the game. They’d also make a cracking dual release. I’d be really into that. 

New death stuff always makes me happy 😊

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

After reading the Liber Imperium book, I really want need a Pursuer Cadre for Kharadron Overlords: 
A unit of one Critter Catcher with a set of diferent Clockwork Critters that each one gives you a bonus (something like Grundstock Thunderers weapons).

• LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Id love for SBGL to get some new minis but Ive a feeling this Edition is a single model Character as FEC is heavily rumoured to be getting a refresh.

Next Edition though I could see a Wave 2 for Ossiarch and SBGL!!

Mate me too!! Im expecting Seasons of War Gallet(?) and the Gloomspite Warband.

Im just excited to finally get some Narrative content, Thondia feels like years ago and Broken Realms even longer!!

That would be cool, FEC need it real bad and I’m pretty keen to see what they do with the range. I love the idea of feral vampires, but I’ve never been a big fan of the models. 

Fingers crossed that GG get a battletome and a few models very soon, my partner was understandably dismayed that Tzeentch, lumineth, STD, ogres and SOB all got a new battletome before they did. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Goatforce said:

Arkifane? Is that a 40K Arcs of Omen thing, or have I missed some leaks? Also do we know that we are getting the Incarnate Spider?

Akifane was used in conjunction with the strange demonic teaser for Arks of Omen, presumably the name of the entity but could also be the type demon/machine hybrid? 

No we do not know for certain about the Incarnate, but I was basing it off of the rumours that are currently floating around. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TechnoVampire said:

I’m hoping the fact that skaven and seraphon got basically nothing this year means they will be getting a much needed model refresh sometime in the near future, they both need it so bad, and are two of the most popular armies in the game. They’d also make a cracking dual release. I’d be really into that. 

New death stuff always makes me happy 😊

Seraphon is yet to have its release and there are some very Seraphon looking Rumour Engines still unsolved!!

2 hours ago, Goatforce said:

Incarnate Spider has had a few rumours going around and our local seer @Whitefang has thrown a few LIKES at them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TechnoVampire said:

Popularity is relative and often base on community bias over reality I find. You can say any set army is popular but they all probably all in the middle except a chosen few. You can say “insert army” is most popular but they may be magnitudes lower then say SCE or Warclans

Doesn’t mean the army is set to lavaish in obscurity like some armies end up in and won’t get an update but it doesn’t mean they jump the queue either and become a priority.

• Like 1