The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Envyus said:

There is no twist and the Cult of Khaine is the exact same as it is in Fantasy. They just have some extra monsters. 

Have you seen the video? They are not the same. They are still blood thirsty fanatics but the rest changed. 
Old Khanites weren't made out of elven souls and morathi blood. The old cult didnt searched the old world looking for pieces of Khaine. The old cult wasn't lead by Morathi who has the heart of Khaine and uses the prayers and rituals of the Khanites to ascend to godhood. 

They are similar but they are not the same. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

Have you seen the video? They are not the same. They are still blood thirsty fanatics but the rest changed. 
Old Khanites weren't made out of elven souls and morathi blood. The old cult didnt searched the old world looking for pieces of Khaine. The old cult wasn't lead by Morathi who has the heart of Khaine and uses the prayers and rituals of the Khanites to ascend to godhood. 

They are similar but they are not the same. 

The Khanites made of Elven souls and morathi blood are the new monsters I mentioned. 

Seraching the World for Pieces of Khaine is the same thing as the Fyreslayers. The Old Cult was Lead by Morathi who used it as a way to gain power, but who never cared a bit about it and was primarily a Slaanesh worshiper.  (She followed any deity for power.) A few of the methods and members changed but it's sill largely the same. 

And still makes no sense as Order. Who we might as well rename GA Miscellaneous at this point.

Edited by Envyus

2 minutes ago, Sete said:

Cmon don't be envyus of the new cult!

Thank you thank you I'll be here all week.

Oh the models and rules are cool and such. I have no issues with the cult that way.

The parts that are souring me are that it is GA Order and that some people are treating it as a new and amazing thing. When it's pretty much the same as the Dark Elves of Old.

The Dark Elves of Old also need their factions merged together again. They are worthless in their current state. Same with the High Elves.

Edited by Envyus
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Envyus said:

The Khanites made of Elven souls and morathi blood are the new monsters I mentioned. 

Seraching the World for Pieces of Khaine is the same thing as the Fyreslayers. The Old Cult was Lead by Morathi who used it as a way to gain power, but who never cared a bit about it and was primarily a Slaanesh worshiper.  (She followed any deity for power.) A few of the methods and members changed but it's sill largely the same. 

And still makes no sense as Order. Who we might as well rename GA Miscellaneous at this point.

Ofcourse things are similar, they want to have some continuity when they rework a faction. They take the existing themes and take them in a new direction. Morathi is still scheming and looking for ways to gain power, because thats her character but the way how she tries to achieve this in the mortal realms are new. 

Everything can be boring if you reduce it enough. For example: Kharadron Overlords are exactly the same as the old Warhammer Dwarfs! Both have complicated machines and airships, both mine precious metals, both have grudges. Exactly the same!

To make an analogy, the Daughters of Khaine are a new branch growing out of the old Dark Elves tree. Not a completely new tree like the Stormcast Eternals.

Edited by Gecktron

1 minute ago, Gecktron said:

Ofcourse things are similar, they want to have some continuity when they rework a faction. They take the existing themes and take them in a new direction. Morathi is still scheming and looking for ways to gain power, because thats her character but the way how she tries to achieve this in the mortal realms are new. 

Everything can be boring if you reduce it enough. For example: Kharadron Overlords are exactly the same as the old Warhammer Dwarfs! Both have complicated machines and airships, both mine precious metals, both have grudges. Exactly the same!

To make an analogy, the Daughters of Khaine are a new branch growing out of the old Dark Elves tree. Not a completely new tree like the Stormcast Eternals.

When did I say it was boring? 

To share your analogy. The Daughters of Khaine are not a new branch. They are a branch that is already there growing some new leaves that people are treating as a branch.

Edited by Envyus

1 minute ago, Tailessine said:

Cool fluff, but if i see the words 'reroll ones' again i think i am going to scream. There must be another mechanic surely????

I hope they get somthing similar to the Dark Elder Wychs. Were they can always attack first in the fight phase even if charged. (Unless someone has a similar ability.)

Genuinely crazy excited for this. The witch elves models were the reason I got a dark elf army. 

Don't even care for the rules. They could be terrible for all I care. It will bring me great joy to own such a cool army. 

GW you son of a gun just when I thought of adding more nurgle because of maggotkin(fantastic book) you hit me with this. 

AoS you got me feeling again. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Envyus said:

Oh the models and rules are cool and such. I have no issues with the cult that way.

The parts that are souring me are that it is GA Order and that some people are treating it as a new and amazing thing. When it's pretty much the same as the Dark Elves of Old.

The Dark Elves of Old also need their factions merged together again. They are worthless in their current state. Same with the High Elves.

It's only the same if you played WHFB but for a lot of ppl who started with AoS it's new and exciting

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Envyus said:

You are literally saying you are sour because other people are excited and your not? Don't be like that. Let others have their fun, especially if your argument is no better than that. Seriously uncool. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Kramer said:

You are literally saying you are sour because other people are excited and your not? Don't be like that. Let others have their fun, especially if your argument is no better than that. Seriously uncool. 

No it's fine with being exciting. The new stuff is cool. I am just saying it's not new.

The part that is actually souring me is that it is GA Order. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, chord said:

It's only the same if you played WHFB but for a lot of ppl who started with AoS it's new and exciting

I never played WHFB I just read the lore and only became interested in it recently. As most people new to the hobby are. Many were brought in by Vermintide and Total War and were a tad confused when everything was different. 

+++ MOD HAT ON +++

REMOVED COMMENT >:( - Really not impressed with that

Edited by Gaz Taylor
Removed comment
  • Confused 3

10 minutes ago, Envyus said:

No honestly they would fit better in Destruction or their own GA. 

See i thought that of Fyreslayers as they have been known to fight for Chaos at times, well for ur god is it?

I personally don’t think of the grand alliances as linked as you might be, more of a “we need to fight together or die”. If it came to it im sure Morathi wouls band up with a bunch of Duardin and some Sylvaneth over the Gods that tried to kill her, or Nagash, Don’t really know if you can ally with the Greenskins anymore than the Ogors. Im aware she was enemies with a fair few in the world that was,  but i dont think memories are carried, so clean slate, hate Slaanesh and his ilk, ticked at Sigmar and Malerion.

She hasn’t gone as far enough as to call it quits as Nagash and Gorkamork, probably because shes not powerful enough, because shes not a God....yet?

Edited by Kronos

1 minute ago, Kronos said:

See i thought that of Fyreslayers as they have been known to fight for Chaos at times, well for ur god is it?

I personally don’t think of the grand alliances as linked as you might be, more of a “we need to fight together or die” if it came to it im sure Morathi wouls band up with a bunch of Duardin and some Sylvaneth over the Gods that tried to kill her Im aware she was enemy es with a fair few in the world that was,  but i dont think memories are carried, so clean slate, hate Slaanesh and his ilk, ticked at Sigmar and a Malerion.

She hasn’t gone as far enough as to call it quits as Nagash and Gorkamork, probably because shes not powerful enough, because shes not a God....yet?

I feel like they should have GA Other for factions that don't fit with the others. Fyreslayers and the Dark Elf factions would work best there.

1 hour ago, Envyus said:

I feel like they should have GA Other for factions that don't fit with the others. Fyreslayers and the Dark Elf factions would work best there.

Nah, a Grand Alliance of all the Grand Alliance misfits would just be, a whole bunch of people that don't get along. I thought an outcasts/ other would be a cool Grand Alliance; but then, what brings Fyreslayers, DoK, Dark Aelves, Fimir, Malal, and any other renegade faction into unity?

Would be better to have an Uneasy Alliance rules for their respective faction rather than a circus of misfits banded under one umbrella. I personally don’t like the idea of an army of Khorne Daemons along with some Maggotkin mortals. Grand Alliance, not the super friends. 

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Envyus said:

No honestly they would fit better in Destruction or their own GA. 

destruction wouldn't make any sense, they're not fighting for the sake of a good scrap, they're fighting to kill Chaos, Venerate Khaine, and gain power. All of those goals are very specific. Anything fight that doesn't accomplish one of those three things would be seen as a waste of time.

What people don't seem to get is that there is a 'misfits and losers' faction and it's Order. Order is where you go when you don't fit anywhere else. Order is for all the myriad of freaks and weirdos that don't fit into the strict classifications used by Chaos, Death, and Destruction.

Order is far and away the most chaotic faction in the game. Destruction is bound together by their desire to fight strong enemies, Chaos is a collection of warbands working autonomously towards whatever goal their chosen patron has put forward for them, always advancing towards the end goal of a 'chaos final solution'. Death are those under the iron heel of Nagash or mindless ghouls driven to sanity by the madness of an Abhorrant Ghoul King. They have very clear goals that the entire grand alliance is working towards, possibly not always in the most efficient or diplomatic ways but in general everyone is walking in the same direction.

The ONLY thing tying ANY of the Order factions together is the mutual desire to not be killed by the other 3 grand alliances. They are 'grand alliance others' or 'grand alliance rabble' or 'grand alliance, eh...might as well' or 'grand alliance starscream' or what have you. They spend just as much time backstabbing each other as beating their enemies and most work together about as well oil and water. Sky dwarfs and Fyreslayers work for profit, Stormcasts carry out Sigmar's will which means that sometimes they're the best allies free people and duardin can ask for and sometimes they're terrifying grim reapers. Daughters of Khaine murder and carry out bloodrights all over but are so incredibly valuable in defenses against chaos incursions that they're tolerated even as friends and family dissappear into the shadows. Sylvaneth are suspiscous and hateful of all the other factions but aren't powerful enough to fight chaos alone. The life of a freeguilder is spent constantly looking over your should at gods and monsters massively beyond your ken wondering if your inevitable painful demise will come at the hands of an enemy or an ally, with both being equally possible. Seraphon, as far as I can tell, don't care about ANYTHING but killing Chaos where-ever they find it and would help against Destruction or Death with only the upmost reluctance.

Daughter's of Khaine are perfect for order because they DON'T fit in. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, BURF1 said:

destruction wouldn't make any sense, they're not fighting for the sake of a good scrap, they're fighting to kill Chaos, Venerate Khaine, and gain power. All of those goals are very specific. Anything fight that doesn't accomplish one of those three things would be seen as a waste of time.

What people don't seem to get is that there is a 'misfits and losers' faction and it's Order. Order is where you go when you don't fit anywhere else. Order is for all the myriad of freaks and weirdos that don't fit into the strict classifications used by Chaos, Death, and Destruction.

Order is far and away the most chaotic faction in the game. Destruction is bound together by their desire to fight strong enemies, Chaos is a collection of warbands working autonomously towards whatever goal their chosen patron has put forward for them, always advancing towards the end goal of a 'chaos final solution'. Death are those under the iron heel of Nagash or mindless ghouls driven to sanity by the madness of an Abhorrant Ghoul King. They have very clear goals that the entire grand alliance is working towards, possibly not always in the most efficient or diplomatic ways but in general everyone is walking in the same direction.

The ONLY thing tying ANY of the Order factions together is the mutual desire to not be killed by the other 3 grand alliances. They are 'grand alliance others' or 'grand alliance rabble' or 'grand alliance, eh...might as well' or 'grand alliance starscream' or what have you. They spend just as much time backstabbing each other as beating their enemies and most work together about as well oil and water. Sky dwarfs and Fyreslayers work for profit, Stormcasts carry out Sigmar's will which means that sometimes they're the best allies free people and duardin can ask for and sometimes they're terrifying grim reapers. Daughters of Khaine murder and carry out bloodrights all over but are so incredibly valuable in defenses against chaos incursions that they're tolerated even as friends and family dissappear into the shadows. Sylvaneth are suspiscous and hateful of all the other factions but aren't powerful enough to fight chaos alone. The life of a freeguilder is spent constantly looking over your should at gods and monsters massively beyond your ken wondering if your inevitable painful demise will come at the hands of an enemy or an ally, with both being equally possible. Seraphon, as far as I can tell, don't care about ANYTHING but killing Chaos where-ever they find it and would help against Destruction or Death with only the upmost reluctance.

Daughter's of Khaine are perfect for order because they DON'T fit in. 

Then Order should not be called Order.