The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, EonChao said:

I honestly assume we'll get Hedonites, Blades and Disciples vanguards with a mix like the Maggotkin one. It just makes sense

Would expect just that for Disciples and Hedonites but could see them repackaging the Khorne Bloodbound Goreblade SC with some other things for the vanguard since we already got daemons here and the models only included in that set would still be available this way

Edited by Matrindur

48 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Just because I changed my name doesn’t mean you should start tempting us with the return of LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!!!

Are you the famous Undead Formerly Known As Loyal Son of Khemri? I mean, there's only one person whose love for Nehekhara shines brighter than the sun over Araby.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Okay, I feel like i have to get the Slaanesh and Tzeentch Start Collecting before they are gone and then mix them with the Khorne Combat Patrol and get a quick undivided army.. Nurgle seems completely gone from my area. although part of me wants to go Wrath and Rapture style and get Khorne and Slaanesh as enemies under Be'Lakor... 

Flesh hounds have always been my favourite daemons.

Either way my 40k army will be a sneaky 4th AOS army mixed with some Chaos Knights. Either way excited about the new box also to get my new Chaos Spawn and random mutants aka Accursed Cultists.

Edited by Neverchosen

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

The horrors are good models but an absolute ball ache to assemble,  not to mention store and game with without breaking. 

Thanks for the insight. I was tempted but you have helped me make my decision.

(need to save my money for Squats anyway...)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Okay, I feel like i have to get the Slaanesh and Tzeentch Start Collecting before they are gone

That kind of thinking panicked me into getting the SC Sylvaneth. And yet there it is still available. I think because there wasn't much/any crossover with the models in the dual box.

5 minutes ago, EntMan said:

That kind of thinking panicked me into getting the SC Sylvaneth. And yet there it is still available. I think because there wasn't much/any crossover with the models in the dual box.

I only know one place in my city that has either currently... I am also a roll with the punches kind of person though so I am not in a huge rush and I am clearly just trying to get out of my friends peer pressuring me to play 40k hahaha

Edited by Neverchosen

8 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Never a better time to consider getting into 40k: Kin Space Dwarves!

I have convinced my cousin to play them as he played Dwarves in Fantasy and he is 100 percent on board... now I just need to make some inter dimensional balrogs for them to fight. 

Part of me is also considering scratching my Malerion itch with some dark elf space pirates to try and loot the Asteroid Mines of the Leagues. I would give them classic sci-fi green skin though... but now we are veering even further off topic in a great way lol

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Are you the famous Undead Formerly Known As Loyal Son of Khemri? I mean, there's only one person whose love for Nehekhara shines brighter than the sun over Araby.

Indeed I am he. While my love for LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!!! And distant Araby still burn brightly, I have pledged the remnants of my soul and dynasty to Tzeentch in order to destroy the usurper once and for all. Jokes aside I’m really hyped by the Arcane Cataclysm and Champions of Chaos DLC, and have changed my name to reflect this while still being in character (Firaun is Arabic for Pharaoh/Mummy).

• LOVE IT! 3

2 hours ago, pnkdth said:

Chorfs could kickstart a whole redemption arc for the more shameful deeds of other duardin. When they stare right in the face of their worst it rekindles their belief in the old ways, the old gods, and the term slayer once more takes on its true meaning as the Fyreslayers/KO/duardin march against their fallen kin. To once more be worthy of their ancestors respect.

You gave me chills mate, I love this!!

2 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Just because I changed my name doesn’t mean you should start tempting us with the return of LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!!!

My Long Lost Son!! I will have to make a mental note of this!!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

22 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Indeed I am he. While my love for LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!!! And distant Araby still burn brightly, I have pledged the remnants of my soul and dynasty to Tzeentch in order to destroy the usurper once and for all. Jokes aside I’m really hyped by the Arcane Cataclysm and Champions of Chaos DLC, and have changed my name to reflect this while still being in character (Firaun is Arabic for Pharaoh/Mummy).

As the worker drone in the cubicle next to yours in the change department, I welcome your latest step. 😎 Now only Neverchosen needs to see the light, he‘s still way too entangled with the lesser Chaos Gods! *angry bird noises*

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

My Long Lost Son!! I will have to make a mental note of this!!

A myriad of greetings your Swoleness! Have you by chance have you picked up the latest white dwarf? Things are picking up in Ghur and it looks like a great time for plans to be made, grudges settled, and armies stomped.

15 minutes ago, MitGas said:

As the worker drone in the cubicle next to yours in the change department, I welcome your latest step. 😎 Now only Neverchosen needs to see the light, he‘s still way too entangled with the lesser Chaos Gods! *angry bird noises*

Hello There! General @MitGas,

Don’t worry, we’ll snag @Neverchosen’s soul eventually. This last quarter is looking excellent for chaos (undivided or otherwise).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

@MitGas@Twisted Firaun 

Tzeentch is one of my favourites usually vying for top spot of the pantheon... 

But this is how I like to take my Chaos:
easy-no-churn-and-sugar-free-neapolitan-

Why worship one God when you can try and supplant all four?
-Slambo!

Plus we all serve Tzeentch's machinations in the end, from the holy armies of Chaos to the lowliest heretics of Stormcast. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

A myriad of greetings your Swoleness! Have you by chance have you picked up the latest white dwarf? Things are picking up in Ghur and it looks like a great time for plans to be made, grudges settled, and armies stomped.

Hello There! General @MitGas,

Don’t worry, we’ll snag @Neverchosen’s soul eventually. This last quarter is looking excellent for chaos (undivided or otherwise).

I havent mate!! Whats going on!?

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

@MitGas@Twisted Firaun 

Tzeentch is one of my favourites usually vying for top spot of the pantheon... 

But this is how I like to take my Chaos:

Why worship one God when you can try and supplant all four?
-Slambo!

Plus we all serve Tzeentch's machinations in the end, from the holy armies of Chaos to the lowliest heretics of Stormcast. 

I'll be honest... despite the last amending sentence this still isn't enough to satiate my jealous nature and make me a happy bird! We will have to show you the "Why Tzeentch is best" video reserved for new employees prematurely I think.

If you don't understand it - don't worry, none of us do. This is the way! 😎 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, MitGas said:

I'll be honest... despite the last amending sentence this still isn't enough to satiate my jealous nature and make me a happy bird! We will have to show you the "Why Tzeentch is best" video reserved for new employees prematurely I think.

If you don't understand it - don't worry, none of us do. This is the way! 😎 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

I havent mate!! Whats going on!?

An Ironjawz Shaman is leading a bloody WAAGGHH throughout the continent of Rhondol, stirring up the Kruleboyz and bonesplitters into a frenzy. A new Stormhost known as the Kraken Blades are trying to stop it, but they’re outnumbered. It’s going to be a slaughter not seen since the End Times!!!

• LOVE IT! 2

10 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Okay, I feel like i have to get the Slaanesh and Tzeentch Start Collecting before they are gone and then mix them with the Khorne Combat Patrol and get a quick undivided army.. Nurgle seems completely gone from my area. although part of me wants to go Wrath and Rapture style and get Khorne and Slaanesh as enemies under Be'Lakor... 

Flesh hounds have always been my favourite daemons.

Either way my 40k army will be a sneaky 4th AOS army mixed with some Chaos Knights. Either way excited about the new box also to get my new Chaos Spawn and random mutants aka Accursed Cultists.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but i dont think it will com back if you cant find it in a local game store

image.png

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

That's awesome! May the Crow grant you arcane knowledge and change the rolls in your favour, friend!

9 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

@MitGas@Twisted Firaun But this is how I like to take my Chaos:

While waiting for the eventual Chaos Duardin, I'm pondering if I should start a Legion of the First Prince force and to dedicate myself to Be'lakor. Down with the Everchosen!

Although your choice of image made me try to think fitting ice cream flavours for each of the gods. I'm at blood-red strawberry for Khorne, rich and decadent chocolate for Slaanesh, slightly off vanilla for Nurgle and "OH MY GOODNESS WHY DID YOU POUR PEPSI IN THE FREEZER" for Tzeentch.

Thoughts?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, pnkdth said:

Obviously there's more in the tome but, yeah, I'm getting GW overcorrection vibes all over this.

I was playing at a tournament over the weekend so only really catching up, but that is definitely the vibe for Lumineth IMO and it actually feels punitive.

Caveating that it's a box and not a battletome, Bladelords and Dawnriders needed to come down in points, not go up! Likewise, the changes to Sentinels are welcome for the benefit of everyone but they are now overcosted. The thing is too, the rumours that talked about 24", no LoS back a few weeks/months also heavily hinted at Lambent Light being nerfed and so I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that there's an extra nerf coming in the near future.

I took a quick look at some numbers with 20 Sentinels vs their best benchmark - Reavers (also 20). With the changes from the box they're still similar points (now 165 vs 170 per 10) but now have a similarish effective threat range (30" for Sentinels vs 26" for Reavers) that is now much closer in quality (i.e. Sentinels don't ignore LoS rules anymore). I couldn't factor in the Sentinels' targets potentially not getting a cover save and Sentinels having Aetherquartz, or Reavers getting +1 to hit within 9" - but I don't expect the impact would be material.  I've done two scenarios each, where Sentinels have Power of Hysh in both (which isn't guaranteed but is probable) and then with and without Lambent Light as it currently stands (I've presumed the re-work severely nerfs it, I accept this is a presumption for this scenario). I'm unsure how exactly the calculator is figuring out the re-rolls with regards to Lambent Light MW fishing, but also there was no way to take an attack away for Sentinels since the High Sentinel can't shoot so every single Lumineth value below is slightly overstated. 

All in all - I think as a rudimentary calculation this is okay.

In every single scenario, as armour saves improve Reavers fairly quickly catch up and then surpass Sentinels yet they cost nearly the same. 

NO WARD

image.png.1cc6337dbdd9a76e99142d2b72aefd44.png

6+ WARD

image.png.637595f534cf1ddea51e321b9ac213c6.png

5+ WARD

image.png.f73f9187a09dcae2f3330b811e3042e9.png

4+ WARD

image.png.f6a16ac2d991aa271f40d8585623d661.png

Edited by Jarminiatures

3 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

While waiting for the eventual Chaos Duardin, I'm pondering if I should start a Legion of the First Prince force and to dedicate myself to Be'lakor. Down with the Everchosen!

Space Dwarves are after your money!

• LOVE IT! 1

In my misguided (and really inefficient, can't stress this enough) searches for wisdom and knowledge, I've come across the most evil, heinous and wrong thing I've ever seen. My soul still hurts from this sight. 

Stormcast Lumineth in Ultramarine colors! Pray ye forgotten castaways, for if this perversion inspires official fluff, there will only be one army in Warhammer to rule them all the release schedule. 😱

image.png.c60613a6e2b9955d49b1d8412e234d18.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 9
  • Sad 1
  • LOVE IT! 4