The Rumour Thread

12 hours ago, JReynolds said:

Technically not new, as it was released as a Warhammer World exclusive last year.  But now people can actually buy a copy! 

Anyway, the book takes place in the Age of Myth, not long after Nagash got his face pushed in by Archaon, the first time.  Just thought I'd mention that. 

I'd say it's an essential read for any Death players out there.  Really sets up the key characters and the attitude of Nagash

10 hours ago, bsharitt said:

Nice to see that Horty is in the 40k Daemons book, which means he'll probably be getting a standalone release outside of Blightwar soon.

Has him being in the Daemons Codex been confirmed?

5 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

Has him being in the Daemons Codex been confirmed?

The original rumor was : some people saw the back of the 40k Codex daemons ; there was a new Great Unclean One, Horticulous Slimux, and some "fat  Plaguebearers". There is all the other rumors and educated guesses regarding Pestigors, etc. 

So, having seen this Beast of Nurgle, yeah, I think one can say that Horty will be in the 40k Codex.

7 minutes ago, AthlorianStoners said:

If it was primarily an AOS release I'd have said Bollathrax for the dual kit, but Ku'Gath would be cool. A ladle and cauldron would be nice.

Well Bollathrax is named in the fluff, but is just a regular GUO in his description. On the Other Hand, like Skarbrand and Kairos, Ku'gath has different features that the regular GUO.

2 minutes ago, Default369 said:

2018: year of the Death faction - (ie. malign portents (Spl?))

New "heralds" for each faction. Nagash herald/ chaos lady chieftan/ new ScE knight/ destruction: ?

We absolutely don't know if the Warqueen is the chaos herald tho ... She is not a named character as it seems. 

The Order herald could be a free people character, seeing the rumors engines of late.

Edited by HorticulusTGA

1 minute ago, HorticulusTGA said:

We absolutely don't know if the Warqueen is the chaos herald tho ... She is not a named character as it seems. 

The Order herald could be a free people character, seeing the rumors engines of late.

true, but is : "herald of nagash" (i think was the unit title, a "name"?

That would mean every Herald of *insert chaos god* would be "named"?

The ScE guy was actually named. beyond that they haven't explained much though.

54 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

You mean this lass?

BGSeminarNov3-Warqueen4kfwc-500x500.jpg

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/11/03/news-codexes-heroes-blood-glorygw-homepage-post-3/

Just read the article and I see it doesnt say that she is the Chaos Herald, but they said it in the seminar.

Just now, AthlorianStoners said:

Wait, so are the new SCE Hero and the War Queen confirmed as the other heralds?

Not the SCE one, he is just a normal release as far as we know.

Edited by stato

2 minutes ago, stato said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/11/03/news-codexes-heroes-blood-glorygw-homepage-post-3/

Just read the article and I see it doesnt say that she is the Chaos Herald, but they said it in the seminar.

Not the SCE one, he is just a normal release as far as we know.

Oh ok sweet. Its weird they didn't stress her as being the Herald but I guess we still don't know much context for what that even means. 

29 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

I have read many reports of the seminar and absolutely NONE of them mentionned the Warqueen as being the Herald Of Chaos.

Can you find the report saying she is, please ?

No report sorry, but I was there :D

Do you know where it says 4 heralds specifically? Ive only seen GW refer to them as heros, its only on Spikeybits they say 4 heralds.

Alongside this Herald of Nagash, each of the other three Grand Alliances will also be getting a powerful new hero.

I still dont think the December SCE is one though, as he was not released with any link to Malign Portents like the other two were.

Edited by stato

13 minutes ago, stato said:

No report sorry, but I was there :D

Do you know where it says 4 heralds specifically? Ive only seen GW refer to them as heros, its only on Spikeybits they say 4 heralds.

I still dont think the December SCE is one though, as he was not released with any link to Malign Portents like the other two were.

Oh, I believe you  ! It's just that other people who were also present didn't hear that ;) We'll see. I really like her model anyway !

The December SCE, reading his White Dwarf description, is just another Lord-Celestant. Not mention of Malign Portents whatsoever.

Good point about the "Herald" part. It could just be new, non specific heroes. But... What's the point then ? --> Can you confirm that the point of the 4 Heroes was to be usable "For free" if your opponent is also using his Herald ? (Dark Shadow style ?) I believe they talked about that at the B&G seminar.

7 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Good point about the "Herald" part. It could just be new, non specific heroes. But... What's the point then ? --> Can you confirm that the point of the 4 Heroes was to be usable "For free" if your opponent is also using his Herald ? (Dark Shadow style ?) I believe they talked about that at the B&G seminar.

Yeah there was something but it was the usual not 'wouldnt it be good to use them like this' sort of speak, so I dont really remember.  There were lots of questions about Malign Portents and the new direction and when would we see other GA heros and they said next year (so in my mind that confirms this is a 'herald' and hopefully not the case my memory has got it wrong).

6 minutes ago, stato said:

Yeah there was something but it was the usual not 'wouldnt it be good to use them like this' sort of speak, so I dont really remember.  There were lots of questions about Malign Portents and the new direction and when would we see other GA heros and they said next year (so in my mind that confirms this is a 'herald' and hopefully not the case my memory has got it wrong).

Okay, thank you ! Anyway, I can't wait for January and the start of Malign Portents (as the December WD shows) !

(And MOAR Nurgle stuff ;) )

Edited by HorticulusTGA

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/31/breaking-news-studio-preview-from-the-nova-open/

Introducing – the Knight of Shrouds:

Malign-Portents2-370x500.jpg

It’s been a little while since we’ve seen a new Death model for Warhammer Age of Sigmar. Patience is rewarded though – we hadn’t forgotten about you. Alongside this Herald of Nagash, each of the other three Grand Alliances will also be getting a powerful new hero.

(my emphasis) so we know the Herald of Nagash is called the Knight of Shrouds. We don't know of the other "powerful heroes" are Heralds. Spikey Bits making assumptions? Probably.

Edited by WarbossKurgan
  • Like 1

Via the age of sigmar facebook 

"The Malign Portents have come to pass and a new hero of the forces of Chaos rises to power. Coming soon to Warhammer Age of Sigmar: The Darkoath Warqueen.

Would you like to know more? Check it out here: https://www.warhammer-community.com/…/news-codexes-heroes-…/"

Image may contain: 1 person

For me this confirms that she is the chaos champ
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, SaJeel said:

For me this confirms that she is the chaos champ

I'm still not sure ; of course that she is linked to Malign Portents*, but IMO not as the Chaos herald**. 

*Malign Portents is said to be a big event, teased since half last year, with new logo, new Matched play rules, etc.

** The Knight Of Shroud, Herald of Nagash, looks like a cool character that can be added to any Death armies, Witch-king style. On the other hand, I don't see the Darkoath Warqueen sufficiently "charismatic" to be 1. the whole Chaos pantheon herald 2. Archaon herald.

And even if only Death get a "herald", then what's the point of the Warqueen for other Chaos armies ? I mean, when I can get a Chaos Lord, an Ogroid Thaumaturge, another Exalted Deathbringer, etc., I don't really need her...

So uh, can January come sooner this year please ? ;)

All speculation****

So i'd imagine that the Malign Portents is goingto have a major release for each faction indicated by the heroes, For death it will be Night Haunt with the Herlad of Shroud paving the way for them along with a sweet black coach, Chaos will get full DarkOath release, after Nurgle in Feb of course. Order I'm not sure, it might be Aleves, but i could see them pushing them out as the conclusion to the Event, before them, i could see us getting some updates to Freeguild with a new freeguild hero as per the rumor engine, Destruction i have no clue 

Edited by SaJeel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SaJeel said:

All speculation****

So i'd imagine that the Malign Portents is goingto have a major release for each faction indicated by the heroes, For death it will be Night Haunt with the Herlad of Shroud paving the way for them along with a sweet black coach, Chaos will get full DarkOath release, after Nurgle in Feb of course. Order I'm not sure, it might be Aleves, but i could see them pushing them out as the conclusion to the Event, before them, i could see us getting some updates to Freeguild with a new freeguild hero as per the rumor engine, Destruction i have no clue 

God I sure hope so.

More free guild baby.

Id buy chaos barbarians too.

9 hours ago, Cerlin said:

Destruction i have no clue 

Really hope ogors, or grots with animal partners. Both have everything already just missing a book, and maybe AoS'ifying bits and bobs. An unique playstyle, options for battleline, elites, couple of heroes... Don't think it's likely but we'll see ;)