AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

There was an earlier rumour the Blissbarbs are 'Reavers now,' which would correlate with hitting on 2s.  Namarti Reavers gave an ability which grants +1 to hit at short range, so there's probably something like that going on.

Unit stat buffs sound generally quite substantial, so I'd expect points costs to increase to match, possibly with the intent of making the army quite elite/low model count, so it has to balance between DP powers and summoning reinforcements?

48 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

There was an earlier rumour the Blissbarbs are 'Reavers now,' which would correlate with hitting on 2s.  Namarti Reavers gave an ability which grants +1 to hit at short range, so there's probably something like that going on.

Unit stat buffs sound generally quite substantial, so I'd expect points costs to increase to match, possibly with the intent of making the army quite elite/low model count, so it has to balance between DP powers and summoning reinforcements?

Yep, this is what I'm seeing. The 3 wound 3+ save Chosen, the run-and-charge Slickblades with 4+ save and Rend -2 attacks, etc all speak to enormous statline buffs. I'll transfer my notes on the battle report to this page so it's easier for everyone to find.

Ok guys, the new Warhammer+ battle report is up, I don't have it so just relaying what others say on discord (I'll be editing extra details as they come in.) 
One of our grand strategies is to have 36 Depravity at the end of the game.
One of our battle tactics is to pick an enemy unit contesting an objective, pick them for Euphoric Killers and destroy them. 
Another battle tactic is to pick an enemy unit and have wounds caused by attacks made by 3 or more different friendly units allocated to them that turn. 

The Strength of Godhood command trait now triggers if the general issues a command to another Hedonites unit, giving the general +1 Rend and +1 Damage on their melee weapons until the end of the turn. 

Slickblade Seekers now have run and charge and Rend -2 glaives. Slickblades now have a 4+ save. Slickblade Seekers' 6s do mortals is now +1 Attacks with their glaives when fighting a unit with Wounds characteristic 3 or less. 

It looks like the Pretender general thing is now they get to issue the same command 3 times in the same phase, basically the Megaboss rule (no CP spent on the 2nd and 3rd uses.) 

Blissbarbs hit on 2s? Sounds like they natively hit on 2s, wow! At the very least they hit on 3s natively now, still 3s to-wound with the little guy too. 

The Shardspeaker spell is now Reflection Eternal; casting value 6, range 12". 1 enemy unit in range gets -1 attack to their melee weapons until your next hero phase. 
Her Twisted Mirror rule is now; once per turn in your shooting phase, pick 1 enemy unit within 9" and roll a dice. On a 4+, target unit has -1 save rolls until your next hero phase, and same unit can't be affected more than once by this ability. 
Mist Lurkers now gives the Shardspeaker a 4+ ward instead of +1 to save if it triggers, still keeps the bonus melee profile. 

Ego-driven Excess on Twinsouls is now -1 attacks for enemy units within 3" of them. 
Fiendish Reflexes is now a 5+ ward if the unit is within 3" of any enemy units. 
It sounds like both these abilities are now active simultaneously, but this is unconfirmed (would be a big buff if true.)
Twinsouls now naturally hit on 3s but wound on 4s, still Damage 2.

It sounds like the new character has a 4+ save on top of the 4+ ward. Oh...he gets to pick 1 friendly Myrmidesh or Twinsouls unit wholly within 12" at the start of each combat phase and let them fight on death. WOW!

Edited by Jaskier
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, Selpharia said:

Are slickblades still D:1? I’d think with those huge glaive they might go to D:2 on the charge or something

It sounds like it, but honestly being native Rend -2 is a big deal already, and run and charge means they are virtually guaranteed turn one charges. Depending on points I'm looking at them squarely as my turn one suicide missile to farm Euphoric Killers, there's very little most armies will be able to do about it! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jaskier said:

It sounds like it, but honestly being native Rend -2 is a big deal already, and run and charge means they are virtually guaranteed turn one charges. Depending on points I'm looking at them squarely as my turn one suicide missile to farm Euphoric Killers, there's very little most armies will be able to do about it! 

Yeah, rend 2 vastly expands the list as what counts as a "Squishy, appealing target" for farming DP. 

Well if Keepers are even halfway decent, and from that leak we had yesterday it very much sounds like they are, a Pretenders general (triple commands) with Strength of Godhood (+1 Rend and +1 Damage to all their melee weapons the moment they issue a command to another unit) is actually going to be a force to be reckoned with just like when the original Hedonites tome came out! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jaskier said:

Well if Keepers are even halfway decent, and from that leak we had yesterday it very much sounds like they are, a Pretenders general (triple commands) with Strength of Godhood (+1 Rend and +1 Damage to all their melee weapons the moment they issue a command to another unit) is actually going to be a force to be reckoned with just like when the original Hedonites tome came out! 

But mostly the first one, as that sort of design is a natural "diminishing returns"/anti-spam mechanic since it only works on the first one 😉 

That's good, solid design if it was intentional. 

10 minutes ago, Selpharia said:

It feels like the really busted Strength of Godhood user is the Herald on Exalted Chariot though.

This depends on how the chariot works with regards to being a mount, as mounts never benefit from command traits unless otherwise stated. We'll see but it'll definitely be at least the second best user. 

*EDIT*: Apparently this was wrong, never mind. 

Edited by Jaskier
  • Like 1

Would Strength of Godhood and Warlord Supreme synergize with each other or would the triple command still count as one? I imagine it has to count as one or you can have -9 rend and +9 damage on every warlord melee attack by issuing a command every phase before combat.

10 minutes ago, LeviathanL said:

Would Strength of Godhood and Warlord Supreme synergize with each other or would the triple command still count as one? I imagine it has to count as one or you can have -9 rend and +9 damage on every warlord melee attack by issuing a command every phase before combat.

I would bet a lot of money it's FAQd to be limited to 1 rend and damage - its still good at that level, letting it stack is out of control. 

10 minutes ago, LeviathanL said:

Strength of Godhood uses "if" wording, not "each time" so it only triggers once regardless. 

@Ibel we don't know anything else so far, the battle report was small and limited to mortals, so not much i sights on daemon stuff or other possible army abilities. 

2 minutes ago, Jaskier said:

Strength of Godhood uses "if" wording, not "each time" so it only triggers once regardless. 

@Ibel we don't know anything else so far, the battle report was small and limited to mortals, so not much i sights on daemon stuff or other possible army abilities. 

I think the way it's worded it absolutely stacks. 

It shouldn't, but I think the wording needs to be adjusted to something like "if this unit has issued a command" or similar, so that it's not triggering the condition every time it issues a command.  

2 minutes ago, Jaskier said:

Regardless, it's very clearly not intended to stack, especially as the subfaction it belongs to allows the triple commands. Like, it's so obviously not intended lol. 

100%.  It's extremely exciting even as a insanely easy to trigger -1 rend / +1 damage.  

The number of times this won't be online makes me question why it's conditional at all.  

12 minutes ago, KrispyXIV said:

I think the way it's worded it absolutely stacks. 

It shouldn't, but I think the wording needs to be adjusted to something like "if this unit has issued a command" or similar, so that it's not triggering the condition every time it issues a command.  

It absolutely doesn't stack, maybe if they used a 'when' but because it's an 'if', it can only ever apply once.. Sorry.

Like, even if the Keeper doesn't get buffed stat-wise at all (which we know is not the case going by the leaks) it's still taking its attacks from -1 2 and -2 5 to -2 3 and -3 6. Against a 4+ save baseline, the swords' average output doubles. 

22 minutes ago, Jaskier said:

Like, even if the Keeper doesn't get buffed stat-wise at all (which we know is not the case going by the leaks) it's still taking its attacks from -1 2 and -2 5 to -2 3 and -3 6. Against a 4+ save baseline, the swords' average output doubles. 

I don't dare to believe it, so I tell myself that Keepers won't be able to take this trait 😁 too spicy to be true!