5 x Blissbarb Seekers (220) Warlord
ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS
1 x Chronomantic Cogs (45)
CORE BATTALIONS
 -  Warlord
 -  Hunters of the Heartlands
 -  **Vanguard
TOTAL POINTS: 1990/2000

Had a practice game tonight played SBGL Blood knights.

Marking Territory

Slaanesh 17/ SBGL 20

Made some errors I thought the twinsouls would do a lot better against the knights next time i get high armour myrmidesh them

Sigvald - just perfect love him so much VLOZD and then ripped through 5 blood knights before being finished by a vengori! 

Syn - Pavane on VLOZD softened it up for siggy, fast enough to keep out of the way and managed to go toe to toe with a vengori until the LOP came to do some damage.

Epitome - Cogs and Acquiescence mainly with frenzy on the zombies, managed to tie up the zombies too with Locus.

Managed to summon KOS, 30 Daemonettes and an exalted chariot but it was a bit too late, hindsight i should have summoned the daemonettes first so i could actually hold objectives as i was easily out  numbered and they could have cleared out the 40 zombies.

The game was a lot closer than I expected it to be and the list feels a lot nicer to run after the points changes! 

big block of 40 zombies was hard to chew through i'll throw my twinsouls at them asap and just leave the blood knights to the myrmidesh or LOP

• Like 4

On 12/30/2021 at 1:38 PM, Feorag said:

Unfortunately they don't get exploding 6's in this book like they did in 3.0.

Also since the latest FAQ update coalition units no longer get the subfaction abilities either so no +1 to charge, rerolling ones when above 10 models etc!

Their +1 is a warscroll ability not a subfaction ability.  So Bullgors should still get that unless I'm mistaken?

On 1/1/2022 at 2:08 PM, Carnith said:

Moral of the story? Why doesn't Alarielle have a ward save?

This has been a point of contention since she was released.  Granted I've used her new warscroll and in this edition and if you are reserved with her and make her more active turns 3-5, with her heals it's less an issue.  She can really dominate a table.

57 minutes ago, Popisdead said:

Their +1 is a warscroll ability not a subfaction ability.  So Bullgors should still get that unless I'm mistaken?

They mean that they used to also benefit from the Godseekers +1 for a total of +2. It's a shame the Chaos coalitions got the short end of the stick; I just compare how strong Coalition units are for my Cities of Sigmar army, especially Living City, and look back at Chaos forlornly. It's just an odd double standard, especially whilst Living City Fulminators remain a thing.

Edited by Jaskier
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Popisdead said:

That's correct but no +2 charge which made them really reliable.

Also no damage on the charge or mortal wounds on 6s as that's warherd ability rather than warscroll.

It is a massive shame as I actually used to use pretenders with 20 bestigor to keep that rerolling ones and they'd do alright most of the time too, now they're sitting with the slaangor as not worth taking in either faction! 

• Like 1

On 1/5/2022 at 10:02 AM, Jaskier said:

They mean that they used to also benefit from the Godseekers +1 for a total of +2. It's a shame the Chaos coalitions got the short end of the stick; I just compare how strong Coalition units are for my Cities of Sigmar army, especially Living City, and look back at Chaos forlornly. It's just an odd double standard, especially whilst Living City Fulminators remain a thing.

ohhh,.. thanks kindly.  that helps me remember why I would see +2.

I play living city, i should check that sub-thread if you are posting there :)  

21 hours ago, Feorag said:

That's correct but no +2 charge which made them really reliable.

Also no damage on the charge or mortal wounds on 6s as that's warherd ability rather than warscroll.

I totally forgot Warherd got that in Broken Realms.  Hmmm thinking about them again.

kind thanks gents.

• Like 2

Okay you handsome fine folks, I am looking some positive outlook help here.

With 2 kids and a mortgage and one income I'm fixed on this army and also,.. slightly aesthetically self handicapped.  

My collection is nearly all Juan Diaz (erm,.. and Jes Goodwin) sculpts.  I have the following and want to see about some good options.  All chariots are converted to have Juan Diaz girls on them.

I haven't played in a few months (my games were with Sylvaneth and Living City old wood elf player ) but with kiddos back in school soon (hopefully) I can resume with a local guy.  I also play competitively but causally.  Which is:

10 Twinsouls (using 1987 Chosen Champions of Slaanesh)

60 Daemonettes

3 Seeker Chariots

20 Seekers of Slaanesh

Masque

Synessa 

Be'lakor

Syll'Esske (converted from Jes Goodwin sculpts)

contorted epitome

Infernal Enrapturess

2 Hellflayers

Exalted chariot

12 Harpies/Furies

6 Fiends

5 Hellstriders

Sigvald

Shardspeaker

3 Slaangor,

2 Soul Grinders

I'm thinking about Lurid haze with Sigvald, Synessa, Masque maybe, Epitome, Godseekers (unsure if you need to be invanders to take Lurid Haze), 3x Seeker Chariots as BL in some config, the Twinsouls (I could fine something to use as a Lord of Pain).  I'm fond of my chariots and in the past they've done well for me in 40k.  Perhaps run them as heroes?

I love Fiends, Seekers and Daemonettes and was wondering if I have to resort to strictly summoning them.  I was wondering about units of 5 Seekers for early chaff beating up or a unit or two of 10 as some fast muscle.

I also have lots of plastic daemonette bitz and glade guard kicking around so I could easily do 11 Blissbarb Archers and possibly 20.  I guess,.. I could be that guy that took all my old Glade Guards, Way Watchers, Sisters of the Watch and play like 90 Blissbarbs,,... but I want to use my daemonettes.  I like them a lot and they are painted nicely.

What are the legs in a collection like this and if so what should I focus on?

Thanks kindly

1 hour ago, Popisdead said:

(unsure if you need to be invanders to take Lurid Haze)

You need to be invaders to take Lurid haze, however godseeker is a fun one to go for especially with the amount of chariots you have! 

It may be worth adding a lord of pain and a couple of units of myrmidesh to your roster too as well as some blissbarbs as those will come up pretty often! 

1 hour ago, Popisdead said:

I love Fiends, Seekers and Daemonettes and was wondering if I have to resort to strictly summoning them.

Unfortunately it tends to be where it's at now i've tried fiends a couple of times but with coherency/reach/cost they're just not worth it in 6's anymore! 

your collection does have some legs but we're all having a bit of a struggle finding what works against most right now.

5 hellstriders and 2x1 seeker chariot would be a solid battleline base to start off with your godseeker host.

If your meta doesn't have a lot of shooting or ranged MW Sigvald would be fine out of lurid haze too! 

I really want to like soulgrinders! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Popisdead said:

Okay you handsome fine folks, I am looking some positive outlook help here.

With 2 kids and a mortgage and one income I'm fixed on this army and also,.. slightly aesthetically self handicapped.  

My collection is nearly all Juan Diaz (erm,.. and Jes Goodwin) sculpts.  I have the following and want to see about some good options.  All chariots are converted to have Juan Diaz girls on them.

I haven't played in a few months (my games were with Sylvaneth and Living City old wood elf player ) but with kiddos back in school soon (hopefully) I can resume with a local guy.  I also play competitively but causally.  Which is:

10 Twinsouls (using 1987 Chosen Champions of Slaanesh)

60 Daemonettes

3 Seeker Chariots

20 Seekers of Slaanesh

Masque

Synessa 

Be'lakor

Syll'Esske (converted from Jes Goodwin sculpts)

contorted epitome

Infernal Enrapturess

2 Hellflayers

Exalted chariot

12 Harpies/Furies

6 Fiends

5 Hellstriders

Sigvald

Shardspeaker

3 Slaangor,

2 Soul Grinders

I'm thinking about Lurid haze with Sigvald, Synessa, Masque maybe, Epitome, Godseekers (unsure if you need to be invanders to take Lurid Haze), 3x Seeker Chariots as BL in some config, the Twinsouls (I could fine something to use as a Lord of Pain).  I'm fond of my chariots and in the past they've done well for me in 40k.  Perhaps run them as heroes?

I love Fiends, Seekers and Daemonettes and was wondering if I have to resort to strictly summoning them.  I was wondering about units of 5 Seekers for early chaff beating up or a unit or two of 10 as some fast muscle.

I also have lots of plastic daemonette bitz and glade guard kicking around so I could easily do 11 Blissbarb Archers and possibly 20.  I guess,.. I could be that guy that took all my old Glade Guards, Way Watchers, Sisters of the Watch and play like 90 Blissbarbs,,... but I want to use my daemonettes.  I like them a lot and they are painted nicely.

What are the legs in a collection like this and if so what should I focus on?

Thanks kindly

Some thoughts:

Lurid Haze requires Invaders, so you have a couple directions you can go in.

Specific to Lurid Haze: Sigvald is amazing, but don't always bank on him getting to do those juicy backline charges against a canny opponent, as you can be zoned out from being able to scalpel the way you'd want. Use him more as a threat to keep your opponent deployed back and punish with fast units like seekers, which you want to run in units of 5 at most due to coherency rules. Twinsouls are amazing, but are actually not a great choice for the ambush redeploy as they need to be on the board in your hero phase to get their rotating buffs going, but are good enough that they're worth including in a list.

Specific to Godseekers: Sigvald is actually still great, and I've had more recent success with him in Godseekers, if you'd believe it. This will let you run seeker chariot battleline, which will probably be your best option with the collection you have. The +1 is actually a huge benefit, especially when it comes to summoning. You also can never fail a 3" charge, barring outside shenanigans on the part of your opponent.

Unspecific to either subfaction: Twinsouls are the way forward for us right now, and I highly recommend a unit of 10. You can probably get away with 2 units of 5, but I really think they are at their most efficient with command abilities in a reinforced unit. Fiends are decent, and there is a good argument for running a unit of 6, even if you'll face coherency concerns until the first casualty. There's nothing wrong with running daemonettes per se, just remember that they are overcosted in your initial list, and I would probably do no more than a unit of 30 to keep the other 30 on hand for summoning. Seekers are expensive but still actually quite good due to their run and charge and 2d6 run, though avoid units of 10 due to weapon ranges and 2-rank coherency. It would not be a bad idea to convert at least a unit of blissbarbs for ranged depravity generation. Synessa is a great support piece, but run her with the epitome as she doesn't function well as your sole caster. The exalted bladebringer in my opinion is one of our best heroes, and is a great candidate for flaming weapon for some additional punch on an already great chassis. Belakor is Belakor, he'll always be key to disrupting opponent strategies and is probably one of the best ally choices we can make at the moment.

Things the are okay, but probably won't be as useful: Syll'Esske, hellflayers, and soulgrinders. You won't be strictly taking garbage, but there are better choices you have access to to do what they do.

Things that are probably best served as bench warmers for the time being: Slaangors. They're just outclassed in every way by literally anything else you could field.

Hopefully this gives you somewhere to start.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Hi all, next week i will have a big tournament in my city, i was thinking of bringing this list (what do you think?) :

Army Faction: Hedonites of Slaanesh

- Army Type: Godseekers

- Grand Strategy: Prized Sorcery

- Triumps: Prized Sorcery

LEADER

- The Contorted Epitome (255)* - General - Command Traits: Speed-chaser - Artefacts: Enrapturing Circlet - Spells: Flaming Weapon

- Synessa (260)*

- Be'lakor (360)*

BATTLELINE 

-Hellstriders with Hellscourges (135)

-Blissbarb Archers (170)*

- Seeker Chariots (130)*

OTHER

-Blissbarb Seekers (220)*

- Blissbarb Seekers (220)*

ENDLESS SPELL

- Mesmerising Mirror (80)

CORE BATTALIONS:

*Battle Regiment

TOTAL POINTS: (2000/2000)

For the moment I have only done 2 games with this list (vs Kruelboy and Sob). Work decently, but any ideas / advice are always welcome =).

34 minutes ago, Red_Point said:

Hi all, next week i will have a big tournament in my city, i was thinking of bringing this list (what do you think?) :

Army Faction: Hedonites of Slaanesh

- Army Type: Godseekers

- Grand Strategy: Prized Sorcery

- Triumps: Prized Sorcery

LEADER

- The Contorted Epitome (255)* - General - Command Traits: Speed-chaser - Artefacts: Enrapturing Circlet - Spells: Flaming Weapon

- Synessa (260)*

- Be'lakor (360)*

BATTLELINE 

-Hellstriders with Hellscourges (135)

- Seeker Chariots (130)*

OTHER

-Blissbarb Seekers (220)*

- Blissbarb Seekers (220)*

ENDLESS SPELL

- Mesmerising Mirror (80)

CORE BATTALIONS:

*Battle Regiment

TOTAL POINTS: (2000/2000)

For the moment I have only done 2 games with this list (vs Kruelboy and Sob). Work decently, but any ideas / advice are always welcome =).

Has the mirror been working well for you? If it's not integral the only major changes I might consider would be dropping it to upgrade the chariot to a seeker bladebringer (making that your general), or swapping the chariot for a more durable unit to hold the line while you get your depravity generation going. The epitome is a bit rough as a godseeker general, as you want it to be charging every turn, but it dies very quickly to protracted combats, especially if you end up getting double-turned before you have a chance to retreat and charge a new target.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CeleFAZE said:

Has the mirror been working well for you? If it's not integral the only major changes I might consider would be dropping it to upgrade the chariot to a seeker bladebringer (making that your general), or swapping the chariot for a more durable unit to hold the line while you get your depravity generation going. The epitome is a bit rough as a godseeker general, as you want it to be charging every turn, but it dies very quickly to protracted combats, especially if you end up getting double-turned before you have a chance to retreat and charge a new target.

The mirror worked very well vs kruleboyz and a little less vs sob (although with four 6s I did 16 deaths at a so lucky warstoper). But having no casting buffs, I understand that it could be a waste ... Maybe I could cut him and the chariot out (210 points total) to put 10 chaos warriors?

I've been enjoying 10 Symbaresh. A few games on table top simulator has them definitely blast some units with the weight of attacks. 4+ rerolling hits and 5+ ward makes a fairly durable unit. 

I bought 2 boxes of models when I was holding out for a twin, but one hasn't shown up yet, so I started building the models for real. 

One squad will be normal, but for the second 5, im mixing more myrmadesh as the second half of the squad is beginning to get more daemon like. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Selpharia said:

Does anyone have suggestions for transporting the twins? I really don’t want them to break after all the work I put in

Double high KR multi case and magnets2 keepers, 1 twin, glutos, exalted chariot and fane in there I could probably get Dex in there too but it's not in many of my lists ATM.

PXL_20220106_212853585.jpg

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bonesplitterz said:

Your army is beautiful, can you post more pictures pleases ? :) 

Thanks! Slaanesh has been a bit of a labour of love. 

This is a shot of the ones I've put the most work into I'm just finishing a ton of rank and file myself! 

PXL_20211015_205236637~2.jpg

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

So finished tournament this weekend.

13/18

2/3 W/L

Spoiler

- Army Faction: Hedonites of Slaanesh
     - Army Type: Invaders
     - Subfaction: The Lurid Haze
     - Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
     - Triumph: Inspired
LEADERS
Lord of Pain (155) Warlord
     - General

- Command Traits: Feverish Anticipation
     - Artefacts of Power: Arcane Tome
   - spells: flaming blade 

Synessa (260) Warlord

The Contorted Epitome (255) Warlord
     - General

- Artefacts of Power: Oil of Exultation
     - Spells: Hysterical Frenzy

Sigvald (265) Vanguard
BATTLELINE
5 x Myrmidesh Painbringers (145) Hunters of the Heartlands
5 x Myrmidesh Painbringers (145) Hunters of the Heartlands
10 x Symbaresh Twinsouls (330) Hunters of the Heartlands
11 x Blissbarb Archers (170) Vanguard
OTHER
5 x Blissbarb Seekers (220) Warlord
ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS
1 x Chronomantic Cogs (45)
CORE BATTALIONS
 -  Warlord
 -  Hunters of the Heartlands
 -  **Vanguard
TOTAL POINTS: 1990/2000

DoK - Major Loss -  Morathi and the bow snakes significant loss here between sigvald whiffing his attacks, not being able to get spells off I was pretty much tabled turn 3, did a really good job of finishing off units to limit DP generation too really tough match with the list! 12/26

BoC - Major Win - 2 x 6 bullgors and a giant so really heavy hitters wasn't sure how i'd deal with the giant, managed to get a lot of dp early on by pinging multiple units with Blissbard seekers/archers which really helped got me a KoS and 30 daemonnettes. Sigvald really went to town this game 8 bulls and the final 14 wounds on the mega! The final 18 daemonettes were finished off by the mega rather than taking their brunt again but because of that the lone Twinsoul champion rolled hot and did 6 wounds to the shaggoth killing it and denying broken ranks! 31/17

SCE - Major Win - Longstrikes and a stardrake interesting list longstrikes really do hurt absolutely wrecked the twinsouls and Myrmidesh. sigvald assassinated the priest with translocate. But Synessa with Pavane/shooting kept pinging mortals onto the stardrake which was finished off by the contorted epitome. The game was very bloody and if they had got the 5th turn double it would have gone in his favour without a doubt! (cavernous jaws ate a ton of seekers 😢) 40/22

DoK - Minor Loss - Witch and priest heavy list with a leviadon :o , really close games bloody and thematic my predator units unfortunately got eaten by theirs so I lost extra points there. Went right to round 5 too! final score was 23/26

MKoN - Major loss - 50 plaguebearers + GUO + Rot I honestly didn't have the damage to go through it the twinsouls did work i got tons of DP but playing tooth and nail meant that no reserves and summoned units can't shoot/charge the turn they come up. Maggotkin have some really interesting tech which i didn't realise too and some great plays with board control. 9/28

PXL_20220109_104701346.jpg

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

The time has finally come. New Year, New Army has put me squarely in the arms of the Dark Prince themself! I snagged a Battleforce box, Daemons Start Collecting, and even had a Slaves to Darkness Start Collecting because I adored the models but haven't touched it yet. (Started a Chaos Marine force for this too last year, but that is for another forum!)

Will be attempting to post here more, dig into some tips and tactics and more important revel in the hobby and lore! I have a big (and hopefully fun!) restriction for my forces:

No spawn, no daemon princes...until they are earned. Gonna try and keep tallies of deeds my heroes do (or fail to do!) and see if any of them can earn either Daemonhood or Spawndom, converting a custom mini for them when they do. Hopefully convert some before minis too, but we'll see what inspires me. Got a few ideas in my head, sadly not as many options for heroes around here...

Built the Blissbarb Archers first...kinda intimidated in painting them, but we'll get there. Probably build up some Symbaresh next, but we'll see! 

Question for now: Debating on the options to build and the only one that kinda stumps me is the big Seekers. Do I do the Seeker Archers or the Seeker melee dudes? I can kinda lean toward either, and I know ranged is rather rare in Chaos, so maybe that...? I am definitely doing Symbaresh Twinsouls, as I like their idea the most and have some conversion ideas for the Myrmidesh. 

I am excited to keep this going! This army may be in a rough spot, but I am in it for the long haul and the love of the hobby!

• Like 4

Both of the exalted seeker cavalry options are quite good (as far as Hedonite 'good' stetches, at least!)  The archers are marginally cheaper, and play better with the damage poking > summoning the faction is currently stuck with, but the melee ones are fairly decent damage dealers and might serve better if you don't have a lot of daemons to summon yet.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, flamingwalnut said:

Question for now: Debating on the options to build and the only one that kinda stumps me is the big Seekers. Do I do the Seeker Archers or the Seeker melee dudes? I can kinda lean toward either, and I know ranged is rather rare in Chaos, so maybe that...? I am definitely doing Symbaresh Twinsouls, as I like their idea the most and have some conversion ideas for the Myrmidesh. 

I have both but only tend to run the archers, the chip damage on 2 units is useful but other than speed I honestly found the normal archers on foot to be more useful for reliably split shooting! 

I want the slickblades to be good it's a massive shame they didn't get run and charge! I used them once backed up with a keeper and them fighting twice is really nice!  

• Like 3

Hi, old hand at aos but new to slaanesh.

Picked up the new Xmas box and came here to ask re slickblade seekers or blissbarb seekers but see that has already been asked.

My question instead then: what do people use the Fane of Slaanesh for? Seems like most heroes who want to get the plus one to hit aren't going to stick around near the fane (although I guess you place it quite aggressively for summoning off of it).

Is it really there just to generate a DP?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

Picked up the new Xmas box and came here to ask re slickblade seekers or blissbarb seekers but see that has already been asked.

My question instead then: what do people use the Fane of Slaanesh for? Seems like most heroes who want to get the plus one to hit aren't going to stick around near the fane (although I guess you place it quite aggressively for summoning off of it).

Generate DP, the range for the attack bonuses is pretty significant, and as a backup summoning location its really good.

Its very useful.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Carnelian said:

Mostly to generate DP, but can be okay if you have a spare artifact on a KoS (or just want to take a MW on a summoned KoS who didn't get in the turn they were summomed). It's a pretty good scenery piece, and being able to summon from it helps a lot (especially as you don't really need it close if you don't care much about the +1 to hit so you can keep it tucked away). It's also easy to transport as it's pretty flat, which is great.

• Like 2