AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

9 minutes ago, Yoid said:

If they got any version of the Keeper CA, then the regular KoS will be gone for good. That may be a marketing/selling move from GW, a really mean one. Forcing you to buy Dexcessa to have "The good KoS" but since is a named character you better buy the regular worst KoS too to be able to summon.

If they go the good way tho, KoS will retain her singular CA and even go down some points in the future.

I find Dexcessa headpiece/hornthorns very similar to Morathi Khaine too. It may be related. One is like the goddess of murder and the other is like the embodiment of the sin of murder. But this is definitely your usual case of "We try to destroy Slaanesh in such an excessive way and wich such excess of zeal we actually end empowering him with new tools"

Wondering about rules. Looking at how Fiends got some anti-magic and Infernal Enrapturess is a pure anti-magic model. I wonder if GW will dear to make Synessa a meta-shifting anti-spelldom. Something like "Whenever an enemy wizard succesfully cast a spell he takes a mortal wound." She may be an unbind-dom instead of an spell-dom. Cannot see any of the two saving us from shooting-meta tho.

You know this is possibly the one thread where "spell-dom" is appropriate terminology lol. And yeah I wouldn't be surprised if Syn' becomes our way of reliably surviving the magic phase. I don't want her to be a total feels bad for my opponents but if she had some mechanic where she punished excessive spellcasting, like an extra +1 to casting and unbinding until your next turn for each spell the enemy successfully casts, or similarly getting a chance to gain cp or deny commands whenever the enemy uses a command ability like on a 4+gain a cp or deny the command. We already gain dp for our opponents damage so it would be cool if we had ways of benefiting off of other excesses our opponent goes into like cp or spell abuse.

Was interested in getting some chaos warriors fromt he STD sc box, i remember seeing some neat kit bashes for nurgle chaos warriors using blightkings, has anybody tried anything similar with our new mortal units like using myrmidesh painbringer heads?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, LeonBox said:

I think a danger of these guys is that they further marginalise Keepers, who have already been relegated to the role of an extremely situational summon. 

KoS molds have probably returned investment and profit at this point, thus we get the Twins as new named Keepers.

1 hour ago, Lucky Snake Eyes said:

You know this is possibly the one thread where "spell-dom" is appropriate terminology lol. And yeah I wouldn't be surprised if Syn' becomes our way of reliably surviving the magic phase. I don't want her to be a total feels bad for my opponents but if she had some mechanic where she punished excessive spellcasting, like an extra +1 to casting and unbinding until your next turn for each spell the enemy successfully casts, or similarly getting a chance to gain cp or deny commands whenever the enemy uses a command ability like on a 4+gain a cp or deny the command. We already gain dp for our opponents damage so it would be cool if we had ways of benefiting off of other excesses our opponent goes into like cp or spell abuse.

I would love to see something where she turns enemy spellcasting in our favor. Something like giving us a depravity point for every spell cast by the opponent would suddenly force very difficult choices for the more magically dominant armies in the game. Sure, Kroak or teclis can cast 4 spells, but each of those damaging AoE spells would suddenly start generating potentially quite a lot of depravity if they don't finish off their targets.

It's a shame we'll have to wait an indeterminate length of time to find out their rules. It feels a lot like the holding pattern we were in in the months leading to the last book.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CeleFAZE said:

It's a shame we'll have to wait an indeterminate length of time to find out their rules. It feels a lot like the holding pattern we were in in the months leading to the last book.

Hopefully we'll get more of the LRL style of preview and less of the last Hedonites style. LRL got so many rules previews compared to our (IIRC) zero. 

• Like 2

So I've got a baby tournament coming up in a few weeks representing my city and I wanted to get some list building advice. The idea here is to bog my opponent down in cav and marauders so they can't push the objectives effectively before the time runs out. (and hopefully kill them too)  Unfortunately not being able to go first might be a huge problem if my opponent is smart enough to realize that. The chieftain is there to make the splintered fang and potentially the 2nd marauder unit fight back against alpha strikes/deepstrikers. I'm not really sure about ... well, a lot of the stuff here, especially the heroes.  It's kind of a different take from any other Slaanesh list I've seen. Thanks for any help, and I hope you're having a good week.

The List:     Lurid Haze - 1970pts - 2 artifacts, 7 drops, 157 wounds

Spoiler

Keeper of secrets - general, lurid haze artifact + command trait

1x10 clawstriders

1x5 scourgestriders

2x5 slickblade seekers

Darkoath Chieftain - general, rod of misrule

Chaos lord - general

2x20 chaos marauders - shields

20 splintered fang

Seeker cavalcade

Edited by TheArborealWalrus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TimeToWaste85 said:

Meaning he can’t be a general, just an ally. Same w/splintered fang unit. 

Doesn't really change their job in the list, what would you suggest as an alternative? I liked the command ability for the purpose, but I'm open to ideas. (the command ability from the chieftain is to make the opponent reconsider charging them or striking them first.) The splintered fang are there for my army's snake theme more than anything else. Plus mortal wounds in a bind.

I'll need a force to hold home objectives and actually remove enemy deepstrikers. The army is rather all in.

4 hours ago, TheArborealWalrus said:

So I've got a baby tournament coming up in a few weeks representing my city and I wanted to get some list building advice. The idea here is to bog my opponent down in cav and marauders so they can't push the objectives effectively before the time runs out. (and hopefully kill them too)  Unfortunately not being able to go first might be a huge problem if my opponent is smart enough to realize that. The chieftain is there to make the splintered fang and potentially the 2nd marauder unit fight back against alpha strikes/deepstrikers. I'm not really sure about ... well, a lot of the stuff here, especially the heroes.  It's kind of a different take from any other Slaanesh list I've seen. Thanks for any help, and I hope you're having a good week.

Reveal hidden contents

1x10 clawstriders

1x5 scourgestriders

2x5 slickblade seekers

Chaos lord - general

20 splintered fang

Seeker cavalcade

I was using a 10 man clawspesr unit back in the 19/20 season. It was a good cheap blocker and wall for 200 points back in the day but it does basically zero damage. And, once the opponent recognizes that they will get removed. They are extremely fast though, but at the new cost I can't see how it would be a good investment. 

You might be better off going pleasurebound and taking Marauder horsemen.

I'd also not take the splinterfang or the darkoat chieften both are cute but ultimately not effective. 

Pleasurebound Warband

Chaos Lord/Sorcerer Lord

3*20 Marauders

3*5 Marauder Horsemen

Keeper of Secrets

Seeker cavalcade

2*5 Slickblades

This has the advantage of being 3 drops, lots of bodies, movement and CP.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TheArborealWalrus said:

Hide contents

1x10 clawstriders

1x5 scourgestriders

2x5 slickblade seekers

Chaos lord - general

20 splintered fang

Seeker cavalcade

I think the list is interesting, but I think some units may struggle to find their place. I think the marauders can work well in Lurid Haze even without EK, but I'm not certain on the 10 hellstriders, splintered fang, or darkoath chieftain. Removing 5 Hellstriders and the other two units would save 370pts, which you could spend on another unit of Slickblades and perhaps a caster (either shardspeaker or herald) to hold the artifact and support. You'd lose some bodies, but you'd still have the other hellstriders and the marauders so you're not sparse.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TheArborealWalrus said:

Doesn't really change their job in the list, what would you suggest as an alternative? I liked the command ability for the purpose, but I'm open to ideas. (the command ability from the chieftain is to make the opponent reconsider charging them or striking them first.) The splintered fang are there for my army's snake theme more than anything else. Plus mortal wounds in a bind.

I'll need a force to hold home objectives and actually remove enemy deepstrikers. The army is rather all in.

I mean, you can put the rod on the Chaos Lord instead, but the Darkoath Chief and Splintered Fang are only available as allies, since they can’t have the MoS. You only have 6 other units, so by rule of allies you need two more non-allied units to have them. Definitely needs a rework to be a legal list (unless your opponent doesn’t care).

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, whispersofblood said:

This has the advantage of being 3 drops, lots of bodies, movement and CP.

17 hours ago, Enoby said:

which you could spend on another unit of Slickblades and perhaps a caster

I like the StD idea, but I unfortunately don't have marauder horsemen, any more slickblades, or 20 additional marauders (could proxy the fangs I suppose). I don't think I could get them in the time before the tournament either. I may have to proxy the horesmen idea afterwards though. I'm in a little bit of an awkward place with my limited range.

I feel I should explain the rationale for the clawspears. They are there to lock down a flank with the support of the keeper. A 20 wound, 3+ save unit is fairly difficult to shift and between the marauders + chaos lord(hopefully) and the slickblades, my opponent should have too many threats to effectively counter. The claws are very swingy, but could potentially also rip stuff up with the keeper's command ability. Better to use it on the slickblades, but they're an option.

The chieftain and splintered fang are the defensive response force. I wanted board coverage and offence enough to fight weaker units from their replacements. I feel that If I push the offence any further, than I won't be able to hold up the inevitable deepstrikes later in the game. (or hold my own objectives)  I've got 170pts/260pts, 400 if I drop a clawstrider unit, but I rather like having the triumph for boosting my summons later in the game. My experiences thus far with the army tells me that I will be reliant on the summons to pull out a win. 

14 hours ago, TimeToWaste85 said:

Definitely needs a rework to be a legal list

There are 10 units in the list and the rule is 1 in 4 units. It's perfectly legal once I switch the artifact. It does need to go on whoever is leading the defensive force though... Maybe a second chaos lord?

Thanks for the directions folks. I suppose the only way to find the deficiencies is to try it out. I've got a lumineth and a Khorne player looking for games this weekend. We'll see this list's mettle then.

Had a game against Sons of Behemat yesterday - first loss with this book, though to be fair it was totally my fault :)

My list was a pretty casual one that would have normally contained endless spells and chaos warriors to screen, but they weren't on hand so I ended up swapping them with Sigvald. I think this change lost me the game as I was totally unable to screen. 

My list was:

Lurid Haze invaders

Glutos 

Sigvald (general)

LoP (general) with LH artefact and command trait

Herald (general) with Rod of Misrule

10× twin souls

10× twin souls

5× twin souls

Nobles of Excess

Extra CP

Their list was (apologise for inaccuracy, not too sure about SoB)

Stomper Tribe 

Warstomper general with healing artifact and survives on one wound with a 4+ ward save, think they were 'extra shouty' too

Kraken Eater

3× Maneater

3× Maneater

We were playing Scorched Earth, which is (as I found out), very good for a Kraken Eater who can kick objectives to my zone.

Round 1

The first round was pretty uneventful. I was made to go first and I got a CP from my rod of misrule, putting me to 4. I then stayed still to cap my objectives. The twin souls and Glutos got their 5++ saves - in fact, come to think of it, my entire army had an oversave. Sigvald made a 9" charge into the kraken eater and did 7 damage after some poor damage rolling, but only took 1 in return.

The giants moved up and I did not realise how quickly they could move. With a run and charge they reached my 10 twinsouls on the right flank first turn, killing all of them even at 3+ 5++. Under normal circumstances the screen would be in front of them. The kraken eaten and three other maneaters charged Sigvald, who survived one and managed to put some damage on the smaller gargants, but died to the other. 

They capped my objective and three of their own. 

Round 2

I got priority and set up Glutos to charge into the maneaters on the flank, as well as the unit of 5 twinsouls. Mystic shield and the prayer went off as normal, but no other significant casts. The other units backed up with no way to reach the other giants. I charged with the twinsouls and Glutos just made it in. The five twinsouls did 18 damage to the gargants when rerolling hits and wounds, and lost four in return. Through pile in shenanigans, Glutos ended up next to the Warstomper gargant instead. Glutos did a little more damage to it, than it did to him. 

On the gargant's turn, they kicked an objective closer to my side and moved up a little bit on the left. The warstomper fought Glutos some more, doing decent damage but not killing him, and Glutos fought back doing about 6 damage. The one twin souls did 4 damage to the gargant and then died. They burned my objective for 3.

Round 3

I got priority again, charging the LoP into the two small giants. I summoned a KoS next to their unclaimed objective. The LoP killed a giant and a half and Glutos nearly died. The KoS claimed and burned for 2. 

The giants kicked an objective to my side and charged the unit of 10 twinsouls I was trying to keep back (giants are very fast). The twinsouls all died. They burned the two objective at the back and the objective they kicked, but got unlucky and only got like 3 points overall. 

Round 4

My priority again. The KoS and the herald went in, and somehow the herald tanked the warstomper and killed it (with a lot of softening from the keeper). I decided to keep my LoP back as he was likely to die for nothing if I charged him in. I burned their objective for 3 at the back. 

The kraken eater kicked another objective over and burned for 1+1. The other giants didn't do much else. 

Round 5

My priority. I could cause a draw if I killed the kraken eater and burned their objective for 3. I summoned three fiends and succeeded a charge with them. The KoS also went in. Though they fought valiantly, the kraken eater was left with 5 wounds remaining as the fiends fluffed their second pile in. 

At this point, the kraken eater could kick and burn for a guaranteed win.

Final thoughts

Like I said above, the lost was my fault. If I'd have brought the screens like initially planned I would have been able to prevent the charges and countercharge. 

Sigvald was very tanky on a 2+/4++ but didn't do much damage. He's not terrible but you have to have a full army before taking him (unlike me who took him instead of screens)

Glutos was very tanky as always, but I definitely missed the endless spells. The little giants were rolling hot, and even on a 4+ to hit they hit 25/30 attacks. Still very much worth his points

The LoP was surprisingly damaging but didn't do loads else besides make twinsouls battleline. 

The herald did a little bit of healing and somehow killed a megagargant. The rod of misrule was fantastic. 

The twinsouls were merk'd by the giants, but the five that did get in did an impressive 18 damage. They definitely need screens to help them. 

Overall, if I had screens I think I could have won this, or at least applied more threat my keeping my heavy hitters alive. It was definitely a fun game though and I'm glad to have played against SoB :)

• Like 4

Why no one pick Myrmidesh painbringers in roster, so sad :( I hope not only me using them and slaangor fiendblood(I know that slaangors are bad, but whats the matter with painbringers?)
I love myrmidesh because of cool models and lore and I don't think that rules of them are too bad, but cost yeah, kinda expensive.

Edited by AronQ_
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AronQ_ said:

Why no one pick Myrmidesh painbringers in roster, so sad :( I hope not only me using them and slaangor fiendblood(I know that slaangors are bad, but whats the matter with painbringers?)
I love myrmidesh because of cool models and lore and I don't think that rules of them are too bad, but cost yeah, kinda expensive.

Not currently, but if Painbringers were knocked down to 110-120 points I'd really rate them. They're stat wise not bad - basically just a bit better chaos warriors/liberators/blood warriors - but their price suggests they should do more. At a lower price, I'd love them as semi-screens that aren't easily blown away but can be put in a battalion and do some damage. 

At the right price, their rules could be really good, they're just a bit too pricey atm :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AronQ_ said:

You kind of hit the nail on the head, they're expensive. They don't really have a clearly defined role either. They are kind of tanky but not really, they are kind of killy but not really. If you want an anvil or a tar pit you take Warriors, if you want damage you take characters or maybe slickblades. If they come down in points they could be an ok but if other stuff also comes down they will still suffer from having a kind of awkward role. 

Rule of cool trumps any of that though, so unless you play against super competitive players with "net deck" lists they're gonna do just fine. Take a unit if you like them.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, TheArborealWalrus said:

I like the StD idea, but I unfortunately don't have marauder horsemen, any more slickblades, or 20 additional marauders (could proxy the fangs I suppose). I don't think I could get them in the time before the tournament either. I may have to proxy the horesmen idea afterwards though. I'm in a little bit of an awkward place with my limited range.

I feel I should explain the rationale for the clawspears. They are there to lock down a flank with the support of the keeper. A 20 wound, 3+ save unit is fairly difficult to shift and between the marauders + chaos lord(hopefully) and the slickblades, my opponent should have too many threats to effectively counter. The claws are very swingy, but could potentially also rip stuff up with the keeper's command ability. Better to use it on the slickblades, but they're an option.

The chieftain and splintered fang are the defensive response force. I wanted board coverage and offence enough to fight weaker units from their replacements. I feel that If I push the offence any further, than I won't be able to hold up the inevitable deepstrikes later in the game. (or hold my own objectives)  I've got 170pts/260pts, 400 if I drop a clawstrider unit, but I rather like having the triumph for boosting my summons later in the game. My experiences thus far with the army tells me that I will be reliant on the summons to pull out a win. 

There are 10 units in the list and the rule is 1 in 4 units. It's perfectly legal once I switch the artifact. It does need to go on whoever is leading the defensive force though... Maybe a second chaos lord?

Thanks for the directions folks. I suppose the only way to find the deficiencies is to try it out. I've got a lumineth and a Khorne player looking for games this weekend. We'll see this list's mettle then.

Got it. Ok. I only saw 9 units, and I thought it was one ally for each four other units. I rarely bother with allies, so it’s not like a whoopsie on my end would affect me. Meaning I thought you needed 8 HoS drops to have the two S2D drops added. 

21 hours ago, Enoby said:

Had a game against Sons of Behemat yesterday - first loss with this book, though to be fair it was totally my fault :)

My list was a pretty casual one that would have normally contained endless spells and chaos warriors to screen, but they weren't on hand so I ended up swapping them with Sigvald. I think this change lost me the game as I was totally unable to screen. 

My list was:

Lurid Haze invaders

Glutos 

Sigvald (general)

LoP (general) with LH artefact and command trait

Herald (general) with Rod of Misrule

10× twin souls

10× twin souls

5× twin souls

Nobles of Excess

Extra CP

Their list was (apologise for inaccuracy, not too sure about SoB)

Stomper Tribe 

Warstomper general with healing artifact and survives on one wound with a 4+ ward save, think they were 'extra shouty' too

Kraken Eater

3× Maneater

3× Maneater

We were playing Scorched Earth, which is (as I found out), very good for a Kraken Eater who can kick objectives to my zone.

Round 1

The first round was pretty uneventful. I was made to go first and I got a CP from my rod of misrule, putting me to 4. I then stayed still to cap my objectives. The twin souls and Glutos got their 5++ saves - in fact, come to think of it, my entire army had an oversave. Sigvald made a 9" charge into the kraken eater and did 7 damage after some poor damage rolling, but only took 1 in return.

The giants moved up and I did not realise how quickly they could move. With a run and charge they reached my 10 twinsouls on the right flank first turn, killing all of them even at 3+ 5++. Under normal circumstances the screen would be in front of them. The kraken eaten and three other maneaters charged Sigvald, who survived one and managed to put some damage on the smaller gargants, but died to the other. 

They capped my objective and three of their own. 

Round 2

I got priority and set up Glutos to charge into the maneaters on the flank, as well as the unit of 5 twinsouls. Mystic shield and the prayer went off as normal, but no other significant casts. The other units backed up with no way to reach the other giants. I charged with the twinsouls and Glutos just made it in. The five twinsouls did 18 damage to the gargants when rerolling hits and wounds, and lost four in return. Through pile in shenanigans, Glutos ended up next to the Warstomper gargant instead. Glutos did a little more damage to it, than it did to him. 

On the gargant's turn, they kicked an objective closer to my side and moved up a little bit on the left. The warstomper fought Glutos some more, doing decent damage but not killing him, and Glutos fought back doing about 6 damage. The one twin souls did 4 damage to the gargant and then died. They burned my objective for 3.

Round 3

I got priority again, charging the LoP into the two small giants. I summoned a KoS next to their unclaimed objective. The LoP killed a giant and a half and Glutos nearly died. The KoS claimed and burned for 2. 

The giants kicked an objective to my side and charged the unit of 10 twinsouls I was trying to keep back (giants are very fast). The twinsouls all died. They burned the two objective at the back and the objective they kicked, but got unlucky and only got like 3 points overall. 

Round 4

My priority again. The KoS and the herald went in, and somehow the herald tanked the warstomper and killed it (with a lot of softening from the keeper). I decided to keep my LoP back as he was likely to die for nothing if I charged him in. I burned their objective for 3 at the back. 

The kraken eater kicked another objective over and burned for 1+1. The other giants didn't do much else. 

Round 5

My priority. I could cause a draw if I killed the kraken eater and burned their objective for 3. I summoned three fiends and succeeded a charge with them. The KoS also went in. Though they fought valiantly, the kraken eater was left with 5 wounds remaining as the fiends fluffed their second pile in. 

At this point, the kraken eater could kick and burn for a guaranteed win.

Final thoughts

Like I said above, the lost was my fault. If I'd have brought the screens like initially planned I would have been able to prevent the charges and countercharge. 

Sigvald was very tanky on a 2+/4++ but didn't do much damage. He's not terrible but you have to have a full army before taking him (unlike me who took him instead of screens)

Glutos was very tanky as always, but I definitely missed the endless spells. The little giants were rolling hot, and even on a 4+ to hit they hit 25/30 attacks. Still very much worth his points

The LoP was surprisingly damaging but didn't do loads else besides make twinsouls battleline. 

The herald did a little bit of healing and somehow killed a megagargant. The rod of misrule was fantastic. 

The twinsouls were merk'd by the giants, but the five that did get in did an impressive 18 damage. They definitely need screens to help them. 

Overall, if I had screens I think I could have won this, or at least applied more threat my keeping my heavy hitters alive. It was definitely a fun game though and I'm glad to have played against SoB :)

Good read, interesting to know what SoB are like (my meta is extremely limited and I'm unlikely to ever play against them). Twinsouls seem amazing against low-save enemies -- that was an insane number of wounds to go through from a unit of 5! Shame your unit of 10 didn't get to do anything, but as you said, that's what screens are for. 

Aside from Siggy for screening Chaos Warriors, is there anything else you'd change? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LeonBox said:

Good read, interesting to know what SoB are like (my meta is extremely limited and I'm unlikely to ever play against them). Twinsouls seem amazing against low-save enemies -- that was an insane number of wounds to go through from a unit of 5! Shame your unit of 10 didn't get to do anything, but as you said, that's what screens are for. 

Aside from Siggy for screening Chaos Warriors, is there anything else you'd change? 

Yeah, they really pull their weight against poor save enemies - and even a 4+ (not rr) melts against them. I'm hoping next time, with proper screens, I'll be able to see how a unit of 10 performs

In a competitive environment, I'd probably want just one unit of 10 twinsould and seeker cavalcade rather than nobles of excess. As this was meant to be a twinsoul list I wanted to include a lot of them, but in a competitive environment I'd want the threat of slickblades so I could dictate the flow more. Marauders also work in Lurid Haze but I don't own any - maybe a conversion for another day 

• Like 1

Ok guys, i discovered something exciting. There seems to be new models hidden in the twins trailer, they seem to be new Daemonettes of some kind (maybe is only the herald, but they seem to be multiple models so maybe is a new kit for Daemonettes or a new type of Daemonette). The process of discovering this was a little complex, so i will try to explain.

It all started when I noticed two small shadowy figures at the end of the Twins trailer when it say "Embrace Excess", then I started researching about one of them that seems to be holding a staff. I looked at all the old banners and icons trying to find a match, but it looked completely new to me. At the moment I was going to write about this I noticed the supposed staff seems unattached to the current model, so I tought it may be simply a torch-like field decoration. Still it was weird to put two random models to decorate that part of the video.

I was looking then at the beggining to make sure the last two shadows were not simply reused drawings from the beggining that depict some Daemonettes at the feet of the Twins, and I discovered something amazing. That staff is actually depicted in the drawing, being wield by a special Daemonette with four arms. But the shadow at the end is much more solid-like akin to a sculpt. That basically confirm that this model exist both in conceptual art and physical form. And since at the end you can see multiple shadows, it more or less confirm that both ar new models. The shadows are a little confusing, so it may be two models in a single base similar to Enrapturess and Epitome. We wil see.

Embrace our excess.

New Daemonette.png

Edited by Yoid
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Yoid said:

Ok guys, i discovered something exciting. There seems to be new models hidden in the twins trailer, they seem to be new Daemonettes of some kind (maybe is only the herald, but they seem to be multiple models so maybe is a new kit for Daemonettes or a new type of Daemonette). The process of discovering this was a little complex, so i will try to explain.

It all started when I noticed two small shadowy figures at the end of the Twins trailer when it say "Embrace Excess", then I started researching about one of them that seems to be holding a staff. I looked at all the old banners and icons trying to find a match, but it looked completely new to me. At the moment I was going to write about this I noticed the supposed staff seems unattached to the current model, so I tought it may be simply a torch-like field decoration. Still it was weird to put two random models to decorate that part of the video.

I was looking then at the beggining to make sure the last two shadows were not simply reused drawings from the beggining that depict some Daemonettes at the feet of the Twins, and I discovered something amazing. That staff is actually depicted in the drawing, being wield by a special Daemonette with four arms. But the shadow at the end is much more solid-like akin to a sculpt. That basically confirm that this model exist both in conceptual art and physical form. And since at the end you can see multiple shadows, it more or less confirm that both ar new models. The shadows are a little confusing, so it may be two models in a single base similar to Enrapturess and Epitome. We wil see.

Embrace our excess.

New Daemonette.png

Nice spot :) I think both are artwork, but considering how specific the design is it could be indicative of a new model - possibly a plastic herald. 

I can't imagine we'll get any new daemonettes, but I think a replacement herald wouldn't be unlikely. I can only imagine how annoyed some people may be if we get another new model :P

Also, it was mentioned on the Whasapp chat, but it's interesting Glutos's priestess has peacock-inspired design and one of the newborn does too.

IMG-20210422-WA0001.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Nice spot :) I think both are artwork, but considering how specific the design is it could be indicative of a new model - possibly a plastic herald. 

I can't imagine we'll get any new daemonettes, but I think a replacement herald wouldn't be unlikely. I can only imagine how annoyed some people may be if we get another new model :P

I don't know, there are some weirdly specific designs there sharing clothes with the supposed "new herald", even one that can only be seen in the thumbnail

New Daemonette 2.png

New Daemonette 3.png

37 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Also, it was mentioned on the Whasapp chat, but it's interesting Glutos's priestess has peacock-inspired design and one of the newborn does too.

IMG-20210422-WA0001.jpg

I would love to get a closer look at your take on Glutos! 

24 minutes ago, LeonBox said:

I would love to get a closer look at your take on Glutos! 

Thank you - but I should have pointed out the one in the picture is not mine :) my Glutos is still in pieces and needing more paint!

He is quite compartmentalised at the moment - the snake and parasol aren't attached and neither is he, and there's a lot more to paint.  

16191777973406521709194131847824.jpg.345de6ca7a76f0ffc5af5e46da2511a1.jpg

54 minutes ago, Yoid said:

I don't know, there are some weirdly specific designs there sharing clothes with the supposed "new herald", even one that can only be seen in the thumbnail

New Daemonette 2.png

New Daemonette 3.png

It's hard to tell - they definitely look new, but at the same time it'd be odd to include pictures of current daemonette models. That said, maybe it could be a new unit entirely...

Also, Suicune678 created a size chart for the new twins - they're massive! Calculated by measuring base height (4mm) and extrapolating scale from there

f855b55.png.17d5de878c6bae9de0248473a20c3261.png

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1