AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

More thoughts;

I would guess we are getting a new mount (fingers crossed). The small picture in the warcry shows frills, but it seems that they are positionned behind a shield. If my interpretation of the blurry pic is right, then those frills couldn’t be attached tohe neck of the mount, its just not at the right place. So it may just be a decoration or feature of the rider, not the mount. It shows up on the leader page of warcry, so it could technically be a new leader on mount with no troop equivalent, but I feel that is unlikely.

The second page of leaks, opposite the sybarite troopers shown, shows the same ranged attack of 3-15” and a melee weapon on an unseen unit entitled”Bliss”(giver?). Is Blissgiver already a slaanesh unit?

It feels unnecessary on a unit that won’t add much to the army list, whereas a more anvilish unit would have been able to shake listbuilding more.

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

Honestly, I figure they're 'just' a missile cavalry version of Hellstriders, same mounts but different weapons loadout.

I feel that, based of what @CeleFAZE said about Warcry wounds, they'll have a different (or more armoured) mount as they have a 5 wound difference between Seekers and Hellstriders. If they had the exact same mount, it'd be odd for GW to give them more wounds (especially as archery units) if their model wasn't more 'impressive'.

Their mount may be called "seeker" as it's in their name, but they could also be called something like "Pain Seeker".

• Like 1

If it is Boobworm / Boobsnakes then I hope they give us a character option in the kit also like the Nurgle flying cavalry that I can't remember the name of.

Otherwise, I wondered if they would perhaps be on horses but decorated to look reminiscent of Steeds of Slaanesh. They're perhaps the aspiring Hellstriders. Was thinking something like the awesome ways Scythians used to ceremonially dress their horses

bc63232151c7f5e58cf5ebe0f18cd36f.jpg

But as others have pointed out, more wounds implies heavily armoured or perhaps monstrous cavalry 

Edited by Elazar The Glorified
  • Like 1

I was looking back through the video reveal, and this caught my eye:

image.png.a89d22acb60fe648f623e9f41666c1ab.png

Does that look like two legs danging from just above screen off of a long, snaky body, on a fairly large base? There is a slight amount of parallax rotation from the panning shot that indicates that the purple portion to the right of the raised myrmidon blade is a round tubular shape bent in a curve towards the viewer.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CeleFAZE said:

Does that look like two legs danging from just above screen off of a long, snaky body, on a fairly large base? There is a slight amount of parallax rotation from the panning shot that indicates that the purple portion to the right of the raised myrmidon blade is a round tubular shape bent in a curve towards the viewer.

A Slaangor mayhaps?

19 minutes ago, PensivePanther said:

A Slaangor mayhaps?

I thought that too, but the color scheme is way different from the two slaangors that are more visible, and it doesn't appear to share the same silhouette. I suppose it could be standing sideways and positioned awkwardly (wouldn't be the first time GW chose an unfortunate angle for a photo) but if it were a slaangor, the areas that are peachy flesh-tone on the others would be an almost white on this one, which seems inconsistent. There's also definitely something large looming behind the one archer on the far right in the video, though.

3 hours ago, CeleFAZE said:

The claw looking purple thing makes me think Slaangor, but you're right that it doesn't quite fit. It could just be a weird looking Slaangor, or just a weird pose. It's very hard to tell - I still think it's a Slaangor, but it's up in the air.

In this awfully sketched drawing, I've tried to mark out the parts that I think may be Slaangor. Blue is leather, yellow is skin, purple is claw.

Screenshot_20201207-222355_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CeleFAZE said:

I think it’s a Slaangor based on the claw and leg similarity to the current model in the Direchasm boxset. I believe it’s a different/strange pose b/c of Slaanesh’s influence, causing it to be very elegant and agile looking. I also think the color schemes for the potential Slaangors, much like Slaanesh daemons, are going to vary significantly in the form of dark browns, pinks, lighter grey skin tones, or other odd mixtures to give that Slaaneshy vibe that’s hauntingly “beautiful” but evil. 

Edited by AngryPanda

22 minutes ago, Nagash42 said:

If we get boobsnake heavy cavalry I'll just toss out those hellstriders that came in that new box lol.

That warcry profile is armor 3, which is very light in game terms. 35W corresponds to a leader+ mount, but toughness 3 means its light cavalry I am convinced. 

As long as the mount is new (yes Id love a reworked boobsnake), it will be a great base for converting a lord on mount, making it as heavily armored as you wish. Heck if the mount is good, i’ll use it to convert slaanesh varanguard or lord on Karkadrak of Slaanesh and have fun with it.

Crossing fingers we get an interesting mounted lord of Slaanesh rules-wise, and I’ll sculpt the steed if I need to...

2 minutes ago, Golub87 said:

Well, given the scope of the leak, full previews are due any moment now.

Nah, GW decided to just give us higher resolution versions of the portraits along with some of their lore, but who knows you might be right a full-reveal might be coming our way soon.  

3 minutes ago, shinros said:

Nah, GW decided to just give us higher resolution versions of the portraits along with some of their lore, but who knows you might be right a full-reveal might be coming our way soon.  

Yeah, what they posted now seems to be a bit of a rush job, I do not think this was planned. Still gotta give it to them, they are quite fast on the draw.

Just now, Golub87 said:

Yeah, what they posted now seems to be a bit of a rush job, I do not think this was planned. Still gotta give it to them, they are quite fast on the draw.

Yeah it seems so, I still think they sort of had a plan just in case the pages got leaked, which it did. 

The bullgore reused head is laughingly bad. Thankfully the covered head is excellent.

So we can forecast the following kit:

-Myrmidesh/sybaresh armored infantry

-Slaangors

-light archer infantry (no melee dual kit it seems based on absence in warcry)

-dual kit archer light cavalry/glaive light cavalry

-Sigvald

-shardspeaker

-palanquin-type centerpiece model in background of preview video

Thats a good lineup,; we have yet to see the new mount for the cavalry; no sense reusing the hellstrider mount since its a dual kit so I expect it to be something new. 

• Confused 1

The re-use of the name 'Seekers' from the daemonette cavalry is confusing me, to be honest. We now have Seekers, who are daemon close combatants on steeds of Slaanesh, Blissbarb Seekers, who are mortal archers possibly on steeds of Slaanesh but possibly something else, and Slickblade Seekers who are mortal close combatants with the same uncertain nature of their mount.

Blissbarb Seekers at least have an obvious difference in battlefield purpose from Seekers and Hellstriders, but I'm not sure what the Slickblades are supposed to provide that the other two melee cav don't already?

1 minute ago, Acrozatarim said:

The re-use of the name 'Seekers' from the daemonette cavalry is confusing me, to be honest. We now have Seekers, who are daemon close combatants on steeds of Slaanesh, Blissbarb Seekers, who are mortal archers possibly on steeds of Slaanesh but possibly something else, and Slickblade Seekers who are mortal close combatants with the same uncertain nature of their mount.

Blissbarb Seekers at least have an obvious difference in battlefield purpose from Seekers and Hellstriders, but I'm not sure what the Slickblades are supposed to provide that the other two melee cav don't already?

It's not clear what they're riding and their Warcy stats are almost the same as Helstriders but possibly in AoS they'll wind up as some sort of heavier or more elite cavalry?