AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

Synessa is a great toolbox at 2k, but at 1k they’re a lot of points in a fiddly, unreliable basket. I’d replace them with something speedy, like seekers, hellstriders or fiends, since your current list is a little slow. You could also consider 10x Twinsouls or The Masque + 5 Twinsouls. They’re a good hammer or anvil depending on the turn, and the Masque’s ability to tie things that are much bigger than them up can really come in clutch

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Selpharia said:

Synessa is a great toolbox at 2k, but at 1k they’re a lot of points in a fiddly, unreliable basket. I’d replace them with something speedy, like seekers, hellstriders or fiends, since your current list is a little slow. You could also consider 10x Twinsouls or The Masque + 5 Twinsouls. They’re a good hammer or anvil depending on the turn, and the Masque’s ability to tie things that are much bigger than them up can really come in clutch

Expanding on this, at 1k I'd personally consider a bladebringer chariot over synessa.  It saves some points, is still a caster, and has fantastic synergy with DP generation in godseekers as its a potential general that can charge every turn.  Sweeping Slash CT can give it nasty damage output on those charges, too.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Selpharia said:

Thank you.

They are a lot of points and i would like a fast unit/screen for some utility.

I havent looked at the mask in a while.  I have the model but didnt even consider using it.  I would like 2 heroes and maybe a cheaper one is the way to go.  My twinsouls are the furthest behind in the painting cycle...but will make sure they are ready for 1500 points..

17 hours ago, KrispyXIV said:

Expanding on this, at 1k I'd personally consider a bladebringer chariot over synessa.  It saves some points, is still a caster, and has fantastic synergy with DP generation in godseekers as its a potential general that can charge every turn.  Sweeping Slash CT can give it nasty damage output on those charges, too.

Thank you.

I pondered the bladebringer chariot (exalted or regular?) but was concerned of it dying too quick as i will be wanting to charge every turn...but perhaps i can manage that by picking my spots to keep it out of trouble...for a while anyways.

Godseekers vs lurid haze is a good question however that you bring up.  The plus to charge, and huge dp bonus with a charg-y general has some appeal.  I would also get to pick a better artifact and command trait.  I do like the lurid haze for increasing my mobility and keeping sigvald safe turn one...but its hard to fully utilize the benefits at this points level.

So played a 1000 points against orcs tonight.  Took the following list based on the suggestions provided:

God seekers

Sigvald

Bladebringer on chariot (general, sweeping slash)

2x blissbarbs

2x5 painbringers (bounty hunters)

Ungor raiders

Game went well and got the win.  Sigvald rolled 11 on the charge but struggled to kill beefed up pigs doing only 4 wounds.  Needed more command points and buffing to maximize him.  He died on the retaliation with some poor armour rolling.

Painbringers are great.  I can feel that i want more damage but they are tanky and hard to kill...especially in this fragile army.

Ungor raiders were amazing.  DP generation help as a poor mans blissbarb archers.  Great screen as you dont care if they die.  Well worth the 80 points.

Chariot did 9MW wounds on the charge and generated 3DP.  Its fragile but i think teamed up with some painbringers can be really useful.  Magic was trash but thats my rolling.

I need more command points...i feel i was always short with so many units needing to pass bravery to ensure i generate DP and boosting attacks/defense.  I will look to see what could help me with this.

Playing again in 2 weeks...so will ponder any changes before then...

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Some relatively large points changes given on discord (may not be true). 

Hellstriders w/ claws: -15

Hellstriders w/ Scourge: -5

Bladebringers Herald: -35

Epitome: -5

Dexcessa: -40

Enrapturess: -10

Lord of Pain: -10

Masque: -20

Shardspeaker: -5

Sigvald: +5

Synessa: -20

KoS: -30

Shalaxi: -40

Syll'Esske: -25

Blissbard Seekers: -10

Dread Paegent: -15

Exalted Chariot: -15

Fiends: -5

Hellflayer: -10

Painbringers: -10

Seeker Chariot: -15

Seekers: -10

Slickblade Seekers: -20

Again, not sure if true, but it would be nice if so.

• Like 2

On 12/26/2022 at 8:06 AM, Enoby said:

Some relatively large points changes given on discord (may not be true). 

Hellstriders w/ claws: -15

Hellstriders w/ Scourge: -5

Bladebringers Herald: -35

Epitome: -5

Dexcessa: -40

Enrapturess: -10

Lord of Pain: -10

Masque: -20

Shardspeaker: -5

Sigvald: +5

Synessa: -20

KoS: -30

Shalaxi: -40

Syll'Esske: -25

Blissbard Seekers: -10

Dread Paegent: -15

Exalted Chariot: -15

Fiends: -5

Hellflayer: -10

Painbringers: -10

Seeker Chariot: -15

Seekers: -10

Slickblade Seekers: -20

Again, not sure if true, but it would be nice if so.

So I think there is some neat play here, but ultimately... we just need a new tome. I'm burnt out trying to make this mess of a book work and be fun. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Carnith said:

So I think there is some neat play here, but ultimately... we just need a new tome. I'm burnt out trying to make this mess of a book work and be fun. 

I'm in a similar mindset at the moment. Thankfully a new book doesn't seem far away, but currently it's a bit of a drag to play compared to other tomes. The difference between our book and the new Slaves to Darkness one is monumental. 

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

I'm in a similar mindset at the moment. Thankfully a new book doesn't seem far away, but currently it's a bit of a drag to play compared to other tomes. The difference between our book and the new Slaves to Darkness one is monumental. 

It really is. I've been playing new slaves to darkness and it's a lot of fun. I just enjoy being able to just go kill things. No longer do I feel bad that a unit didn't die. It's honestly refreshing. 

New GV allowing us to take myrmadesh again without worry is great and 110 is a good price for them... just comes to little too late. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, ibel said:

so... what do u think:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/Ugb15RoC5uAQIMWi.pdf

is this the push we need? We Want? Or is it just the cherry on the poop :D :D ?

It's functionally meaningless overall?  None of the stuff that was good got better, meaning the overall balance of the faction stayed the same. 

Internal balance is improved... sortof.  Nothing suddenly seems competitive with blissbarbs and twinsouls, though some things are less bad by comparison.  

The most exciting point drops for some of the monstrous characters are undercut by the current GHB downplaying them in the current ruleset.  I actually want to run Champions, which Synessa and Dexcessa etc. don't qualify as.  

It's not... bad... necessarily, but It's also kindof sad because it doesn't really change the status quo. 

Edited by KrispyXIV
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, ibel said:

so... what do u think:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/Ugb15RoC5uAQIMWi.pdf

It's.. fine? I guess?

Don't get me wrong, point drops are point drops, and it gives us more to work with. Slickblades were already one of our best scrolls, and them getting cheaper is a good thing, even if they're still overcosted for what they are (which is inferior chosen with 14" speed in exchange for -2 save, 1 damage, and mortals on wound rolls).

We're still going to be in a bad spot until we get our new book. But on the upside the epitome is a very good GC choice (weirdly not a mounted or unique hero), and we have a natively 5+ warded GC hero with the LoP. I think we have some play, but all this does is reduce the grade of the hill a little, rather than leveling the field.

• Like 2

The problem with HoS isn't the points (well, not JUST the points) so points drops alone won't make the army better. What we need is Warscroll rewrites and that'll not happen outside of a tome unless something is particularly egregious in the meta (like Pink Horrors were). 

At this point it's wait for the new tome and pray to the Dark Prince GW actually know how to fix the issues Slaanesh has. 

On the bright side, there's a non-zero chance that Slaangors will be rewritten alongside the new BoC tome - perhaps that's why they didn't get a change? 

But yeah, to echo what others have said, this doesn't do much to help us, but it's nice for casual games where some armies are a little more usable. 

So, looking through options, and I'm wondering if combining the "triple All Out Attack" enhancement with massed range fire may give us a legit ranged threat for eliminating/crippling enemy armies in an alpha strike.  

I'm thinking about trying -

- Army Faction: Hedonites of Slaanesh
     - Army Type: Godseekers
     - Grand Strategy: Defend What’s Ours
     - Triumph: Inspired
LEADERS
Be'lakor (355)*
The Contorted Epitome (240)*
     - Artefacts of Power: Tuskhelm
     - Spells: Hysterical Frenzy
     - Aspects of the Champion:  Leadership of the Alpha
Lord of Pain (130)*
     - General
     - Command Traits: Sweeping Slash
BATTLELINE
Blissbarb Archers (280)*
Blissbarb Archers (280)*
Blissbarb Archers (280)*
Myrmidesh Painbringers (220)*
OTHER
Blissbarb Seekers (210)*
TERRAIN
1 x Fane of Slaanesh (0)
CORE BATTALIONS
*Battle Regiment
TOTAL POINTS: 1995/2000
Created with Warhammer Age of Sigmar: The App

With the intent being Go First, Shoot like crazy, Be'lakor whatever the biggest standing threat is, then shoot em again next turn. 

I had another version that ran with two units of seekers and an enrapturess... but the "anvil" brick of Painbringers + LoP may be more utility?

• LOVE IT! 1

On 1/12/2023 at 8:19 AM, ibel said:

so... what do u think:

They dropped points on BoC until people spammed whatever.  The entire time players wanted a rules shift (well they wanted warscroll re-writes) and when rules shifted the army got better.

Points drop is GWs sad approach to having done something wrong out of the gate.  If the White Dwarf article altered the army and gave it synergy within, in some manner it would have done more.  The points drop also neglected things like Daemonettes.    I have 60 Juan Diaz ones and would like the army to be more effective using them.

43 minutes ago, Popisdead said:

They dropped points on BoC until people spammed whatever.  The entire time players wanted a rules shift (well they wanted warscroll re-writes) and when rules shifted the army got better.

Points drop is GWs sad approach to having done something wrong out of the gate.  If the White Dwarf article altered the army and gave it synergy within, in some manner it would have done more.  The points drop also neglected things like Daemonettes.    I have 60 Juan Diaz ones and would like the army to be more effective using them.

Daemonettes would be disappointing even if they dropped in points again, but at least they'd have the virtue of being legitimately cheap.  Comparing them to some of the STD cultists is depressing - even considering you can summon them in bulk.  

Here's hoping they get a glow up whenever the new book comes around similarly to the 40k versions, where they seem like they should be scary...

16 hours ago, KrispyXIV said:

With the intent being Go First, Shoot like crazy, Be'lakor whatever the biggest standing threat is, then shoot em again next turn. 

I had another version that ran with two units of seekers and an enrapturess... but the "anvil" brick of Painbringers + LoP may be more utility?

Love ur Idee. But why u dont get for ne new Battalion to hunt down enemy GVChampions so the Other Player is very hard to score Points ?!

my new List:

Spoiler

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Lurid Haze Invaders Host (Host of Chaos)
- Mortal Realm: Ghur
- Grand Strategy: Defend What's Ours
Triumphs: Indomitable

Leaders
The Contorted Epitome (240)**
-
 Artefact: Oil of Exultation
- Host Option: General
- Lore of Slaanesh: Hysterical Frenzy
Lord of Pain (130)*
-
 General
- Command Trait: Feverish Anticipation
Be'Lakor, the Dark Master (360)*

Battleline
22 x Blissbarb Archers (280)**
-
 Reinforced x 1
-
 Reinforced x 1
22 x Blissbarb Archers (280)*
-
 Reinforced x 1
5 x Myrmidesh Painbringers (110)*

Units
5 x Slickblade Seekers (210)*

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment
**Diese Galvanic Champion Shootie Battalion

Total: 2000 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 3 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 132
Drops: 4

12 hours ago, KrispyXIV said:

Daemonettes would be disappointing even if they dropped in points again, but at least they'd have the virtue of being legitimately cheap.

Dämonette need 3 or 4 Attack eh and a procc for to Wound (maybe rend -3 or so) !

6 hours ago, ibel said:

Love ur Idee. But why u dont get for ne new Battalion to hunt down enemy GVChampions so the Other Player is very hard to score Points ?!

my new List:

Hide contents

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Lurid Haze Invaders Host (Host of Chaos)
- Mortal Realm: Ghur
- Grand Strategy: Defend What's Ours
Triumphs: Indomitable

Leaders
The Contorted Epitome (240)**
-
 Artefact: Oil of Exultation
- Host Option: General
- Lore of Slaanesh: Hysterical Frenzy
Lord of Pain (130)*
-
 General
- Command Trait: Feverish Anticipation
Be'Lakor, the Dark Master (360)*

Battleline
-
 Reinforced x 1
-
 Reinforced x 1
22 x Blissbarb Archers (280)*
-
 Reinforced x 1

Units
5 x Slickblade Seekers (210)*

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment
**Diese Galvanic Champion Shootie Battalion

Total: 2000 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 3 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 132
Drops: 4

I consider Sharpshooters to be kindof a trap.  It costs you +2-3 drops for the privilege of returning to where you started prior to this season - inefficiently shooting at heroes at -1 on a base 4+ to hit. 

I think I'd rather choose who goes first and shoot extremely efficiently at 3+/3+ -1 to cripple as many dangerous units as I can and generate DP.

Was a bit shocked watching yesterday's Facehammer stream, Byron adamantly threw Slaanesh into S-tier this season with Russ eventually talking him down to _just_ A-tier. It sounded like the main thrust was "wound spam and summoning" similar to BoC, but I'm honestly not seeing it. Am I missing something?

20 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

Guys do you know if I can put Fiends in gallitian veterans battalion? I cant on aos app, but I think we can because they got 4 wounds and no mount. What do you think?

For sure has to be a bug, rules as written allows Fiends to take the battalion :)

• Like 1

I watched facehammer show and i think now slaanesh is more S tier then A+. We finisced last season with good risults,  now we got point drop again and .. try 6 fiends in GV battalion. Damage output is very good. In 2 days i have a game on tts with a friend to test what could be my list for this season:)

• Like 1

As a new player to Hedonites, I feel like the last round of points cuts was a boom and this one was just great.

Despite popular belief, you can make any warscrill viable with enough point drops and the WD update was a pretty good way to integrate our army with more updated tomes.

I'm excited for the new season and what it brings, and I look forward to sharing my experiences with you lot.

Unfortunately GV may have invalidated my all Chariot Army  but I remain undeterred and this will be my launch point for the new season;

- Army Faction: Hedonites of Slaanesh
     - Army Type: Godseekers
LEADERS
Bladebringer, Herald on Seeker Chariot (170)
     - General
     - Command Traits: Sweeping Slash
     - Artefacts of Power: Lash of Despair
The Contorted Epitome (240)
BATTLELINE
Seeker Chariots (220)
Seeker Chariots (220)
Blissbarb Archers (140)
Blissbarb Archers (140)
OTHER
Exalted Chariot (180)
Exalted Chariot (180)
Slickblade Seekers (210)
Slickblade Seekers (210)
ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS
1 x Wheels of Excruciation (80)
TERRAIN
1 x Fane of Slaanesh (0)
TOTAL POINTS: 1990/2000

Unfortunately, it will be fewer Wheels than I wanted, but I'm hoping I can make this work.

The Locus provided by the Demons seems to be something that is terminally underrated and is something Chariots are poised to take advantage of.