AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

4 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

Guys what happen if in my hero phase i heal with spells sigvald like 3 wounds? About DP to gain them from sigvald i just need to suffer 1 wound or more then 3? 

Just one, all it needs to be is allocated and not negated. 

• Like 1

If we don't see changes, I do really want to know their reasoning - not that they'd be wrong, but I'd just be curious as to why they think we're okay. I understand games companies are hesitant to share their reasoning as it can be met with even more backlash, but it would be nice to know where so many players are going wrong.

I don't expect large changes (I don't think GW really do that), but I'm hoping for at least a nod in the form of a small decrease to acknowledge we're struggling.

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

If we don't see changes, I do really want to know their reasoning - not that they'd be wrong, but I'd just be curious as to why they think we're okay. I understand games companies are hesitant to share their reasoning as it can be met with even more backlash, but it would be nice to know where so many players are going wrong.

I don't expect large changes (I don't think GW really do that), but I'm hoping for at least a nod in the form of a small decrease to acknowledge we're struggling.

I think chances are good that Slaanesh gets some boosts this time around. After all, they had this to say in the article where they announced the balance update:

The Warhammer Studio has also been working on a Balance Update much like the recent Warhammer 40,000 Balance Dataslate. This is expected to land in December, with a focus on boosting units that currently aren’t seeing quite so much play on the tabletop.

Even given the time it takes for competitive results to come in and for the designers to implement balance changes, the rules team must both  be aware that Slaanesh is underperforming and in a position to make adjustments at this point. Historically, sometimes clearly underperforming armies have not been getting boosts because they had a battletome coming up. I don't see that for Slaanesh in the near future, though.

If there are truly no changes to Slaanesh at all, the only remaining option would be that the designers think Slaanesh is fine, but nobody has cracked the code of how to play them efficiently yet. Which I don't really think is a defensible stance to take at this point.

• Like 1

I am not enthused by the massive nerf to Heroic Recovery for us.  Demon Heroes having Leadership 10 and the ability to constantly reliably heal in combat was a significant boost and just straight losing that is... painful.  As well, no 5+ ward on Amulet is going to make Keepers even worse.  Gotta hope that points adjustments are still to come and can help here because... blegh.

On 12/16/2021 at 2:55 AM, Tizianolol said:

51 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

If there are truly no changes to Slaanesh at all, the only remaining option would be that the designers think Slaanesh is fine, but nobody has cracked the code of how to play them efficiently yet. Which I don't really think is a defensible stance to take at this point.

We had a change coalition units lost the fun host things! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Enoby said:

The changes to the hosts were... a bit pointless. Besides Marauders in Lurid Haze, nothing really benefitted loads anyway so it's a shame to see them changed.

But I quite liked bullgors with +2 to charge! 

Also bestigors rerolling 1s with pretenders!

Edited by Feorag
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Enoby said:

The changes to the hosts were... a bit pointless. Besides Marauders in Lurid Haze, nothing really benefitted loads anyway so it's a shame to see them changed.

Seems to be the new direction for coalition units, to not have them benefit from allegiance abilities (as much). Or make that "out of allegiance" units, actually. WARLORDS like Nagash, Archaon and Kragnos seem to be getting the same treatment. The recent Nurgle tome also has coalition units not benefit from allegiance abilities. I get why they do it this way, though, it makes balancing those units a lot easier and reduces the risk that the best way to run an army is to use mainly units from a different army.

4 minutes ago, KrispyXIV said:

By My Will now works for us, as does the Leadership bonus.   

With all the adjustments for Archaon, and all the Synergy he lost, I'm no longer certain he's going to skyrocket in cost.  

He may be ok. 

I think the Leadership bonus has always worked on us, but the By My Will ability is a nice change :)

Screenshot_20211221-132406_WH AoS.jpg

The FAQ thus far has had pretty minor nerfs to us as an army (when considering all of the changes effect coelition), which isn't a big deal but is disappointing that we didn't see any changes to Slaangors (especially with their quote about bringing up poor units).

But the main thing we need to look for is points changes, so hopefully we see them soon.

• Like 1

Compared to Tzeentch, our Archaon got a love-tap. His command ability synergises amazingly with our Depravity generation (a wiped unit still gets a chance to smack something to pop a DP) especially given the glass hammer nature of many of our units. 

• Like 2