AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

18 hours ago, LeonBox said:

So yeah. New Stormcast are a super rough matchup for us and losing the priority roll both matches against them hasn't helped. I'm not really sure what to do against their high armour saves, deepstriking capabilities and frankly insane MW output. I lost 750 points to them in turn one! Almost enough to make me miss facing LRL. Almost. 

Speaking of LRL and, inevitably, NPE. What do you attribute to newness (and cursed rolling)? I thinking in like deployment or positioning to make their deep strike nonsense less oppressive next time. Maybe it is actually worth to bring in some cheapo units like untamed beasts (with their free pre-game move) from S2D just to keep the back field clear and/or make their frontal assault more annoying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pnkdth said:

Speaking of LRL and, inevitably, NPE. What do you attribute to newness (and cursed rolling)? I thinking in like deployment or positioning to make their deep strike nonsense less oppressive next time. Maybe it is actually worth to bring in some cheapo units like untamed beasts (with their free pre-game move) from S2D just to keep the back field clear and/or make their frontal assault more annoying.

Part of it was bad rolls for sure, but looking back I definitely shouldn't have committed two expensive units to that flank on turn one, especially with the threat of a double. The problem with Dexcessa is I feel I'm wasting them if I don't get them into combat as quickly as possible, but they're so damn fragile (especially with no ward and no access to one) that keeping them alive but also maximising their potential is very tricky. 

If I were to play again I'd go Godseekers, replace Dexcessa with Synessa (the former is just not great against SCE) and make my list a 1-drop. I'd deploy extremely conservatively and either force my opponent to take turn one or, failing that, minimize my movement turn 1 to limit his deepstriking options. Perhaps exclusively run Hellstriders as battleline to tank the Annihilator drops. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, LeonBox said:

Part of it was bad rolls for sure, but looking back I definitely shouldn't have committed two expensive units to that flank on turn one, especially with the threat of a double. The problem with Dexcessa is I feel I'm wasting them if I don't get them into combat as quickly as possible, but they're so damn fragile (especially with no ward and no access to one) that keeping them alive but also maximising their potential is very tricky. 

If I were to play again I'd go Godseekers, replace Dexcessa with Synessa (the former is just not great against SCE) and make my list a 1-drop. I'd deploy extremely conservatively and either force my opponent to take turn one or, failing that, minimize my movement turn 1 to limit his deepstriking options. Perhaps exclusively run Hellstriders as battleline to tank the Annihilator drops. 

Hellstriders are good shields to annihalator deeptrike. I was able to give these units hell also with the contorded epitome. between the locus and their horrible fascination ability my opponent had an entire unit that was unable to fight and with  their 2+ against mortal wound he did only 1 wound to them with 2 annihilator units deepstrike and successfull charges

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, azdimy said:

between the locus and their horrible fascination ability my opponent had an entire unit that was unable to fight and with  their 2+ against mortal wound he did only 1 wound to them with 2 annihilator units deepstrike and successfull charges

How did you accomplish this, exactly? The enemy cannot attack the Epitome until it has attacked first, but don't you want him targeting the mirror to tank the MWs? 

I could be misremembering how annihilators work, but I believe they have mortal wound impacts on the charge, but their actual melee attacks are just normal damage.  But you'd need to set things up so that the only tempting unit to charge is the epitome.

2 minutes ago, LeonBox said:

How did you accomplish this, exactly? The enemy cannot attack the Epitome until it has attacked first, but don't you want him targeting the mirror to tank the MWs? 

The mortal wounds are at the end of the charge i think they are not part of the attack sequence, when he got to activate,  both his units got affected by the horrible fascination that meant he had to select 1 of the unit and as he could not attack he just lost the opportunity to target the Epitome with them. Then the epitome activates, pile in to the closest unit which happened to be the one that had already activated but away from the other unit now more than 1in away. Which meant with locus that 2nd unit was unable to attack the Epitome either

• Like 2

2 hours ago, azdimy said:

The mortal wounds are at the end of the charge i think they are not part of the attack sequence, when he got to activate,  both his units got affected by the horrible fascination that meant he had to select 1 of the unit and as he could not attack he just lost the opportunity to target the Epitome with them. Then the epitome activates, pile in to the closest unit which happened to be the one that had already activated but away from the other unit now more than 1in away. Which meant with locus that 2nd unit was unable to attack the Epitome either

I definitely like the idea of using the Epitome as a way of handling Annihilators, but they can only be in one place at one time and if he elected to deepstrike both units in such a way that they could only charge the Epitome, sounds like he wasn't thinking things through too carefully. It's a neat trick but I can see my opponent finding a way around it. 

Edited by LeonBox
  • Like 1

I have a 1 day event coming up this weekend, 3 games.  I've played around 14 games in the new edition with Hedonites and only taken one win. I'm hoping this list will bring the luck. The Dreadful Visage has actually done fairly well for me, so I'm doubling down with fight last by adding the Sphiranx. The Bladebringer has also performed well, the charge damage combined with the combat phase damage has been good. Being Godseekers and If I get cogs out I'm looking at +2 to charge as well. The Dread Pageant is a newer unit for me, only used them in one game, but figured they can be a decent unit as a glass cannon. Overall thoughts?

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Godseekers Host
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
- Triumphs: Inspired

Leaders
Glutos Orscollion, Lord of Gluttony (475)*
- Lore of Pain and Pleasure: Dark Delusions
Bladebringer, Herald on Exalted Chariot (265)
- Artefact: Amulet of Destiny (Universal Artefact)
- Universal Spell Lore: Flaming Weapon
Lord of Pain (155)*
- General

-Command Trait: Sweeping Slash

Battleline
5 x Symbaresh Twinsouls (185)**
5 x Symbaresh Twinsouls (185)*

Units
4 x The Dread Pageant (130)*
1 x Mindstealer Sphiranx (95)
- Allies

Endless Spells & Invocations
Dreadful Visage (90)
Chronomantic Cogs (45)

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment
**Hunters of the Heartlands

Total: 1995 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 0 / 4
Allies: 95 / 400
Wounds: 87
Drops: 6

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Sigmalthus said:

I have a 1 day event coming up this weekend, 3 games.  I've played around 14 games in the new edition with Hedonites and only taken one win. I'm hoping this list will bring the luck. The Dreadful Visage has actually done fairly well for me, so I'm doubling down with fight last by adding the Sphiranx. The Bladebringer has also performed well, the charge damage combined with the combat phase damage has been good. Being Godseekers and If I get cogs out I'm looking at +2 to charge as well. The Dread Pageant is a newer unit for me, only used them in one game, but figured they can be a decent unit as a glass cannon. Overall thoughts?

- Host: Godseekers Host
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
- Triumphs: Inspired

Leaders
Glutos Orscollion, Lord of Gluttony (475)*
- Lore of Pain and Pleasure: Dark Delusions
Bladebringer, Herald on Exalted Chariot (265)
- Artefact: Amulet of Destiny (Universal Artefact)
- Universal Spell Lore: Flaming Weapon
Lord of Pain (155)*
- General

-Command Trait: Sweeping Slash

Battleline
5 x Symbaresh Twinsouls (185)*

Units
4 x The Dread Pageant (130)*
1 x Mindstealer Sphiranx (95)
- Allies

Endless Spells & Invocations
Dreadful Visage (90)
Chronomantic Cogs (45)

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment
**Hunters of the Heartlands

Total: 1995 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 0 / 4
Allies: 95 / 400
Wounds: 87
Drops: 6

I do like the list, but you may run into a couple of issues: twinsouls are great but they suffer against high saves so I would have something else in place of the fourth unit - if this was either Painbringers or Blissbarbs, I'd also recommend turning two units of 5 twinsouls into a unit of 10 to make sure you have a 'proper' deathstar. The other thing I'm wondering about is why have Chronomatic cogs? They're not bad by any stretch, but in this list both Glutos and the chariot will likely outrun them and I believe you need to stay near them to keep getting that +1 to charge as you need to keep spinning cogs every turn (may be misremembering here). You could swap the cogs and trade 5 Twinsouls for 5 Painbringers and give yourself 65 free points (70 overall) for the Shackles or Spell Portal to mess with someone's day a bit more, or even the Emerald Lifeswarm for more healing. It wouldn't be a major change, but you may find it useful.

What parts do you usually struggle on when playing? :)

Edited by Enoby
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Enoby said:

The other thing I'm wondering about is why have Chronomatic cogs? They're not bad by any stretch, but in this list both Glutos and the chariot will likely outrun them and I believe you need to stay near them to keep getting that +1 to charge as you need to keep spinning cogs every turn (may be misremembering here). You could swap the cogs and trade 5 Twinsouls for 5 Painbringers and give yourself 65 free points (70 overall) for the Shackles or Spell Portal to mess with someone's day a bit more, or even the Emerald Lifeswarm for more healing. It wouldn't be a major change, but you may find it useful.

What parts do you usually struggle on when playing? :)

Cogs was mainly because I had 50 points left over when I built all of it. It gives +1 to charge if you're wholly within "18. I may tinker with the suggestions you made, thanks! As far as struggles, over the course of my games, it seems spreading myself thin is an issue, so that's more a play style correction I need to make. Other then that its a double turn missed here or there, or whiffing in combat etc. Only a few of my games have been total blow outs ( where I get tabled handily ) however most have been closer matches for sure. 

• Like 2

I was doing some list building and was again reminded of quite how uninspiring the Hedonites spell lore is, granted a bad spell lore isn't something unique to Slaanesh, but I wound up amusing myself trying to think how I'd change it given the opportunity:

Lore of Slaanesh

Spoiler

Lash of Slaanesh - Nice idea, but rarely practical.  I'd change the function of this entirely into a control tool: Cast 6, Range 18" (potentially 12 would be more reasonable) Target one enemy unit, they suffer 1 mortal wound and in addition, until your next hero phase, if the target unit makes a charge move it must finish within 1" of the caster.

Pavane of Slaanesh - Another nice idea, but it only shines under Synessa's utility, I'd just bump the range out to 12" or 18".  Potentially you could keep the range short but remove the hero target stipulation, but having a spell clearly designed for hero damage is fine.

Hysterical Frenzy - Just remove the wholly within clause, it's no better than any other horde clearing spell in the game, especially casting on a 7.

Soulslice Shards - I guess you're ideally supposed to combo this with bravery lowering effects, but it's so finicky to pull off in any meaningful way that you may as well just arcane bolt.  You could make it a 3d6 roll maybe, or use the initial casting roll compared against bravery just to save rolling more dice on a simple effect.

Phantasmagoria - Another one with limited scope, you could give it more impact by making a unit ineligible for the Inspiring Presence CA for the turn.  Or the description is all about distracting and bewildering the target, so making it a mini-Belakor effect could be a fun gimmicky spell (target can only act on a 5+/6+ each time they try to do anything).

Born of Damnation - This one's probably fine, just a little, short-ranged heal.

Forbidden Sorceries of Slaanesh

Spoiler

Paths of the Dark Prince - This is fine except that Levitate exists as a universal option, but I don't think it really needs changing particularly.  Could be changed into a full teleport, but isn't necessary.

Progeny of Damnation - Again, seems fine enough, could maybe be given a little spice compared to the lesser healing spell, maybe drop the d6 heal to a 9+ casting roll, or on a 12+ casting roll gives a full heal instead?

Slothful Stupor - No problems with this one either really, it's flavourful, tricky to pull off but impactful when you do.  All of the greater demon lore is pretty solid, shame so few units can take it!

Lore of Pleasure and Pain

Spoiler

Battle Rapture - Fine but boring, maybe toss a 6+ ward on it as well for the 'battle rapture' flavour, but it's serviceable as is.

Judgement of Excess - Basically useless, feels like they didn't want to just reprint the typical horde clearing spell effect so they made a far worse version.  Just make it a 'roll a dice per model, 5+ for mortal wounds' is probably the easiest option.  Maybe make it a 4+ but it has to target the closest enemy unit for some counterplay.

Dark Delusions  - A lot of hoops to jump through to get an effect which you can trigger easily with a CP these days, make it a +1 to wound and we might be onto something.  And be tempted to bump the casting value and remove the bravery check, just make it a standard debuff for either +1 to wound or -1 save.

It just annoys me that there's only three spells in this lore!  Adding three more to match the lesser demon side of things.

Theater of Agony - The nauseating thrill of the Sybarite's dark work permeates the battlefield in a drifting pall, obscuring safe passage and turning even the most stalwart of hearts astray.  Cast 6 (Maybe 7?) Until your next hero phase enemy units may not be setup within 12" of the caster. 

I don't think we have many effects like this in AoS yet?  More common in 40k, but the use case is pretty clear on this one, kind of situational but probably still worth considering.

Bliss-Winds - The caster calls upon the sickeningly-sweet winds of the realm of Slaanesh, simultaneously carrying their allies into joyous feats of acrobatics whilst also tempting them ever closer to the enemy.  Cast 6.  Pick 1 friendly mortal unit wholly within 12", until your next hero phase the target unit can charge even if it ran or retreated in the same turn.  Pick up to 3 friendly mortal units on a cast of 10+ instead. 

Honestly this could have any number of different effects, I just felt that the 'fast' chaos army should have at least one speed boosting spell.  It could just as easily be a flat movement/run/charge bonus, or allow for a hero phase move/retreat, or double run rolls, whatever.

Dread Crescendo - The air ripples with loathsome, endless music, twisting, screaming melodies rising in pitch and tempo as if the notes themselves are leaping over one another for attention, the screeching cacophony clawing at the ears and minds of its captive audience.  Dread Crescendo has a casting value of 3.  If successfully cast roll 1d6 for each enemy unit within 12" of the caster, on a 2+ that unit suffers 1 mortal wound.  Once this spell has been successfully cast once, the caster must attempt to cast it again in each subsequent hero phase if they are illegible to do so, each time this spell is successfully cast the casting value increases by 1, as does the number of mortal wounds it causes.  In addition, any enemy unit which suffers at least 3 mortal wounds in a single phase from this spell (and those mortal wounds are not negated) must subtract 1 from hit rolls until your next hero phase.

This one is probably honestly a little too complicated, doesn't really fit with general spell design in AoS, but I wanted a 'big' spell for the lore, and it helps to shore up the mortal wound side of things for the Hedonites, plus I wanted to play a little in the 'casting a spell with no target' space which Tzeentch enjoys so much.  Ramping up into potentially big late-game damage also matches the general Hedonite playstyle.

Let me know what you think, I guess.  Obviously this is purely wishlisting with no relevance to much of anything at all, but it was a fun diversion for 30 minutes.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

I was doing some list building and was again reminded of quite how uninspiring the Hedonites spell lore is, granted a bad spell lore isn't something unique to Slaanesh, but I wound up amusing myself trying to think how I'd change it given the opportunity:

Lore of Slaanesh

Reveal hidden contents

Lash of Slaanesh - Nice idea, but rarely practical.  I'd change the function of this entirely into a control tool: Cast 6, Range 18" (potentially 12 would be more reasonable) Target one enemy unit, they suffer 1 mortal wound and in addition, until your next hero phase, if the target unit makes a charge move it must finish within 1" of the caster.

Pavane of Slaanesh - Another nice idea, but it only shines under Synessa's utility, I'd just bump the range out to 12" or 18".  Potentially you could keep the range short but remove the hero target stipulation, but having a spell clearly designed for hero damage is fine.

Hysterical Frenzy - Just remove the wholly within clause, it's no better than any other horde clearing spell in the game, especially casting on a 7.

Soulslice Shards - I guess you're ideally supposed to combo this with bravery lowering effects, but it's so finicky to pull off in any meaningful way that you may as well just arcane bolt.  You could make it a 3d6 roll maybe, or use the initial casting roll compared against bravery just to save rolling more dice on a simple effect.

Phantasmagoria - Another one with limited scope, you could give it more impact by making a unit ineligible for the Inspiring Presence CA for the turn.  Or the description is all about distracting and bewildering the target, so making it a mini-Belakor effect could be a fun gimmicky spell (target can only act on a 5+/6+ each time they try to do anything).

Born of Damnation - This one's probably fine, just a little, short-ranged heal.

Forbidden Sorceries of Slaanesh

Reveal hidden contents

Paths of the Dark Prince - This is fine except that Levitate exists as a universal option, but I don't think it really needs changing particularly.  Could be changed into a full teleport, but isn't necessary.

Progeny of Damnation - Again, seems fine enough, could maybe be given a little spice compared to the lesser healing spell, maybe drop the d6 heal to a 9+ casting roll, or on a 12+ casting roll gives a full heal instead?

Slothful Stupor - No problems with this one either really, it's flavourful, tricky to pull off but impactful when you do.  All of the greater demon lore is pretty solid, shame so few units can take it!

Lore of Pleasure and Pain

Reveal hidden contents

Battle Rapture - Fine but boring, maybe toss a 6+ ward on it as well for the 'battle rapture' flavour, but it's serviceable as is.

Judgement of Excess - Basically useless, feels like they didn't want to just reprint the typical horde clearing spell effect so they made a far worse version.  Just make it a 'roll a dice per model, 5+ for mortal wounds' is probably the easiest option.  Maybe make it a 4+ but it has to target the closest enemy unit for some counterplay.

Dark Delusions  - A lot of hoops to jump through to get an effect which you can trigger easily with a CP these days, make it a +1 to wound and we might be onto something.  And be tempted to bump the casting value and remove the bravery check, just make it a standard debuff for either +1 to wound or -1 save.

It just annoys me that there's only three spells in this lore!  Adding three more to match the lesser demon side of things.

Theater of Agony - The nauseating thrill of the Sybarite's dark work permeates the battlefield in a drifting pall, obscuring safe passage and turning even the most stalwart of hearts astray.  Cast 6 (Maybe 7?) Until your next hero phase enemy units may not be setup within 12" of the caster. 

I don't think we have many effects like this in AoS yet?  More common in 40k, but the use case is pretty clear on this one, kind of situational but probably still worth considering.

Bliss-Winds - The caster calls upon the sickeningly-sweet winds of the realm of Slaanesh, simultaneously carrying their allies into joyous feats of acrobatics whilst also tempting them ever closer to the enemy.  Cast 6.  Pick 1 friendly mortal unit wholly within 12", until your next hero phase the target unit can charge even if it ran or retreated in the same turn.  Pick up to 3 friendly mortal units on a cast of 10+ instead. 

Honestly this could have any number of different effects, I just felt that the 'fast' chaos army should have at least one speed boosting spell.  It could just as easily be a flat movement/run/charge bonus, or allow for a hero phase move/retreat, or double run rolls, whatever.

Dread Crescendo - The air ripples with loathsome, endless music, twisting, screaming melodies rising in pitch and tempo as if the notes themselves are leaping over one another for attention, the screeching cacophony clawing at the ears and minds of its captive audience.  Dread Crescendo has a casting value of 3.  If successfully cast roll 1d6 for each enemy unit within 12" of the caster, on a 2+ that unit suffers 1 mortal wound.  Once this spell has been successfully cast once, the caster must attempt to cast it again in each subsequent hero phase if they are illegible to do so, each time this spell is successfully cast the casting value increases by 1, as does the number of mortal wounds it causes.  In addition, any enemy unit which suffers at least 3 mortal wounds in a single phase from this spell (and those mortal wounds are not negated) must subtract 1 from hit rolls until your next hero phase.

This one is probably honestly a little too complicated, doesn't really fit with general spell design in AoS, but I wanted a 'big' spell for the lore, and it helps to shore up the mortal wound side of things for the Hedonites, plus I wanted to play a little in the 'casting a spell with no target' space which Tzeentch enjoys so much.  Ramping up into potentially big late-game damage also matches the general Hedonite playstyle.

Let me know what you think, I guess.  Obviously this is purely wishlisting with no relevance to much of anything at all, but it was a fun diversion for 30 minutes.

Honestly, because of how good (and spammable!) Acquiescence is, I think the vast majority of our spells other than those in the Mortal Lore just need range tweaks to be viable.  Add 6" of range and you fix most of the really problematicly bad stuff and make the ones that are ok like the heals stellar.  A couple would only be OK, but that's fine.

The Mortal lore is just... really really bad though.

@Sigmalthus

Interesting list, you'll have to let us know how it plays. Certainly got some bits like Glutos and The Dread Pageant that I always find useful wheb I've used them. If the cogs are just filler (and my gut is 2 Endless Spells is a lot for us unless taking at least 3 casters and even then the points can be tight to justify it) maybe try it without for a stronger chance of getting the Triumph. Inspired will help offset a bad set of dice rolls on a crunch combat each game if you get it. Particularly if you need your Twinsouls to go through something with half-decent saves or to make either your Bladebringer or Glutos punch that little bit harder for a second time (Finest Hour gives them each their first go). 

@Enoby obviously has some useful suggestions also for how to get something with more leverage out of the 2nd Endless spell if you wanted it. Either way if you combined two units of Twinsouls into a 10 you could potentially consider dropping the Hunters battalion and putting the units into the Battle Regiment to get you to just the 2 drops and more chance of controlling the first Priority roll - which might help maximise the Cogs if you did want to keep them with having more control over whether you go first to get them up and alpha strike or pull further back and go second and use the extra speed to make up a little of the ground etc and if they've pushed up a fair bit you might be able to place them for auto charges etc. 

Whether you stick or twist for the tournament there's definitely some play there and there are definitely some tweaks you can make to finetune it further down the line depending on how it feels to use. Good luck! 👍

Edited by Elazar The Glorified
  • Like 1

Just so everyone knows, the Nashcon 24th/60 list was one of the following - I know that sounds odd, but they said "lists" so I'm unsure if Nashcon has some sort of two lists mechanic or something. Either way, it's interesting  FB_IMG_1629845807727.jpg.0afc689bfcf527c7153f5442f6bd49eb.jpg

FB_IMG_1629845954761.jpg.6bb706ffe12bb35bfde91c4ee6f9b02a.jpg

If I were to guess, I think they used the one with Glutos judging by pictures. 

Well done Tom!

Edit: I should mention they went 3-2, with both losses to Morathi/Gotrek combos

Edited by Enoby

10 hours ago, Enoby said:

Just so everyone knows, the Nashcon 24th/60 list was one of the following - I know that sounds odd, but they said "lists" so I'm unsure if Nashcon has some sort of two lists mechanic or something.

THW said something about having two lists as a way to vary up the games. Testing if it would spice up the meta by not relying on one list to rule them all. Not sure about details but I'm assuming there are some rules making sure the lists aren't actually identical with minor changes.

• Thanks 1

On 8/24/2021 at 1:08 AM, Enoby said:

Some potentially good news from the rumours - if Beasts of Chaos get a battletome in October/November time, depending on when it was written, we may well get a Slaangor rewrite sooner than we think 

What?!?!!!? amazing if true.  But would be on par with their previous release and possibly GW is looking cyclicly with battletomes.  

I believe the Tzaangor warscroll was different from the already released Tzeentch warscroll/book?  

I think hoping for a re-write is pretty dismal and rare at this point.  While I agree it should be done, I'm not sure GW will bother. I bet Glutos and Synessa is selling well enough they are not too concerned at the moment.  

• Like 1

So, I know Be’Lakor and Archaon go into Slaanesh lists all the time…but how about a crazy idea of sending Synessa into a S2D army: led by Be’Lakor (no Archaon), two Marauder bombs of 30, a sorcerer, a third small unit of Marauders, a Hypno-Cat, Synessa and a Bloodstoker allied in. Marauders marked Khorne and whipped, Synessa can command them from anywhere and has access to all Slaanesh spells, even as an ally. The Marauders are 100% guaranteed to hit with the teleport spell, buffed by sorcerer

oh and a Khorne Warshrine is a must too. 

Edited by TimeToWaste85
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

Huh, apparently a Soulblight FAQ just dropped... no clue if that was random or if we can expect one soon...

Yeah, noticed that too but it must have been a mistake since it seems it reverted back to the July FAQ.

1 hour ago, TimeToWaste85 said:

Good or bad news for them?

I think one of their spells got buffed, but there may have been an artifact nerf too. Not too familiar with Soulblight unfortunately!

52 minutes ago, pnkdth said:

Yeah, noticed that too but it must have been a mistake since it seems it reverted back to the July FAQ.

They had some changes not in the July FAQ, so there was at least some sort of proper change - definitely a mistake to release it now, but maybe not a mistake to have worked on it at all.

Two lists for comment:

- Host: Pretenders Host
- Grand Strategy: Prized Sorcery - Triumphs: Inspired

LEADERS
Glutos Orscollion, Lord of Gluttony (475)**
- Lore of Pain and Pleasure: Battle Rapture

Lord of Pain (155)*
- General
- Command Trait: Heroic Stature
- Artefact: Sceptre of Domination
- Host Option: Hunter of Godbeasts

Sigvald, Prince of Slaanesh (265)**

Infernal Enrapturess, Herald of Slaanesh (140)
- Artefact: Arcane 
- Lore of Slaanesh: Soulslice Shards

UNITS 
 11 x Blissbarb Archers (180)*
5 x Blissbarb Seekers (220)*
5 x Myrmidesh Painbringers (160)**

10 x Symbaresh Twinsouls (370)*

CORE BATTALIONS
*Battle Regiment
**Command Entourage - Magnificent ADDITIONAL ENHANCEMENTS Artefact
LEADERS: 4/6
ARTEFACTS: 2
REINFORCED UNITS: 1/4
TOTAL: 1965/2000
WOUNDS: 95
BATTLELINES: 3 (3+

List 2, basically swap out Sigvald for the bladebringer exalted chariot and give the LoP Hunter of Godbeast for more power against monsters.

Comments

Glutos of coarse is key for his-1 to hit umbrella but also for his double unbundling at.+1, and generally being an unkillable monster.  In my 1 test battle with Seraphim,  he ate a caurnasaur and a sregadon while shutting down the Slaan’s spell use and making it hard for his units to hit me.

For summoning point generation
BB archers split fire-2

BB seekerssplit fire-2

Infernal Enrapturess,-1 

Soulslice Shards from Infernal Enrapturess(list 1) or bladebringer (list 2)-1

Arcane bolt -1

total 7 plus combat for a potential KoS in  turn 3 at the latest.
Rest of the last pretty standard LoP is support behind Glutos and BB/Sigvald,

Twinsouls are just greaT, a real stopper unit that can dish out damage 

painbringers grab and hold objectives  plug holes

BB seekers flank and pick off week units generate summoning points

Infernal Enrapturess helps Glutos shut down enemy magic, generates depavity points.

Edited by DTzeentch
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DTzeentch said:

Two lists for comment:

So,

I don't like Sigvald in another Host than Luzerad Haste (invaders), Jes Glutos is nize but u have very soft other Target and if a realy nize competative list fokus Glutos in turn 2 he falls (it is hard but he died believe me)

but hej the Twins are good jes, the rest is absolut okay. Play it 3-4 times and tell us your experience. Good Luck.

My next List (no more fun to Play Archaon+Keeper List) is:

- Host: Lurid Haze Invaders Host (Host of Chaos)
- Mortal Realm: Ghur
- Grand Strategy: Vendetta
- Triumphs: Inspired

Leaders
Sigvald, Prince of Slaanesh (265)*
-
Host Option: General
Synessa, The Voice of Slaanesh (260)*
Dexcessa, The Talon of Slaanesh (280)
-
Host Option: General
Infernal Enrapturess, Herald of Slaanesh (140)*
-
General
- Command Trait: Feverish Anticipation
- Artefact: Oil of Hazards

Battleline
33 x Blissbarb Archers (540)*
-
Reinforced x 2
5 x Hellstriders with Claw-spears (135)*
5 x Hellstriders with Hellscourges (135)*

Units
5 x Blissbarb Seekers (220)*           or Maybe  Sickblades be better ?!?!

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment

Total: 1975 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 2 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 103
Drops: 2

6 hours ago, DTzeentch said:

Lord of Pain (155)*
- General
- Command Trait: Heroic Stature
- Artefact: Sceptre of Domination
- Host Option: Hunter of Godbeasts

Just some thoughts on this setup (the list looks good). You might struggle to keep this one alike for long enough for that 50/50 roll to have much impact. I'm guessing you want to get the LoP into thick of it (use the CA and hunt monsters). Might be worth looking into the pendent of slaanesh since that would make him really quite tough. Gives you more flexibility on which character to use heroic recovery on should you need it and keeps your heroic stature ticking for longer.

Welcome to this side of the forum!