5kaven5lave

19 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Good luck

We return Victorious! I went 2-1 and ended up 5th/20

A hard day and interesting as it was my first time playing all Moulder.

Faced Soulblight (Loss) OBR (Win) Maggotkin (Win)

Changes I would make to the list? Drop Death Frenzy, Pick up Warpgale. Not much else I think that I could change that would improve this, maybe drop a hellpit for more rat ogors and soulsnare shackles for more area denial?

List and small summary of games below.

Spoiler

Allegiance: Skaventide
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
- Triumphs: Inspired

Leaders
Grey Seer (140)**
- General
- Command Trait: Cunning
- Lore of Ruin: Death Frenzy
Master Moulder (95)**
- Artefact: Rabid Crown
Master Moulder (95)**
- Artefact: Arcane Tome (Universal Artefact)
- Universal Spell Lore: Ghost-mist

Battleline
6 x Giant Rats (40)
6 x Giant Rats (40)
6 x Giant Rats (40)
6 x Giant Rats (40)
6 x Giant Rats (40)
6 x Giant Rats (40)
6 x Giant Rats (40)**
4 x Rat Ogors (190)***
- Reinforced x 1
4 x Rat Ogors (190)***
- Mutation: Toughened Sinews
- Reinforced x 1
4 x Rat Ogors (190)***
- Mutation: Insanely Rabid
- Reinforced x 1

Behemoths
Hell Pit Abomination (240)*
- Mutation: Never-never Die-die

Endless Spells & Invocations
Warp Lightning Vortex (90)

Core Battalions
*Alpha-Beast Pack
**Warlord
***Hunters of the Heartlands

Additional Enhancements
Artefact

Total: 1990 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 3 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 141
Drops: 16

Spoiler

Game 1, First Blood vs Soulblight, Mannfredd, ZLoZD, Grave Guard and Zombies.

I skavened this game right up, turn 1 we got the Warp Lightning Vortex off and slowed down the advance of the dead considerably. Take it to turn 2 and the Grey Seer ate some Warp Stone and killed himself. 👌

The large block of zombies ate 4 rat ogors, which came back! The zombies then got munched by the unit of rabid ogors in return for 38 damage, taking them all out in a fell swoop. Shame that Soulblight are better at bringing things back then us, and for no command points too!

The hellpits fell over to the ZD/Mannfredd who made all their charges leaving me after a hard fought 3 turns, unable to do all that much.

SBGL: 29 Skaven:15

Spoiler

Game 2- Tooth And Nail vs OBR, Petrifex Mortek with Katakros+Arkhan

I mean I can only describe what happened here as a marvel of Skaven ferocity. The OBR may have overstepped their boundaries, allowing the hellpits to go all in and simply remove units of mortek at a time with their mortal wound output. When the blocks of mortek died, objectives where mine to keep with little threat to the little rats in the back holding the fort. Screening of any advances Arkhan could make.

OBR- 15 Skaven- 31

Spoiler

Game 3- Power Struggle VS Nurgle, Glottkin + Pusgoyles with the Pusgoyle hero, and some Blightkings

Very tough game, but we managed to prevail via constant screening of giant rats and at one point using all 3 hellpits as a massive screen in the middle! Combined with teleporting little rats to the backline gnawholes the nurgle didn't have enough models or speed (Thanks against Warp Vortex preventing run and fly!) to deal with the numbers of giant rats I could quickly move to each objective. If he left it to deal with another objective, I took it back preventing him scoring for another turn.

Very very close at the end still, Nurgle- 20 Skaven - 26

Edited by Moogypies
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

Played a local tournament yesterday. Went 1-2 and came 7th out of 12. A round 1 win against Nighthaunt put me in the top half of the draw which meant i ended up playing the eventual 2nd place Nurgle player and then the eventual winner DoK Morathi/Snakes list 🤦‍♀️

I ran a stormvermin / warbringer / ogors / hellpit list, rather than a memey Stormfiend list but i enjoyed my day.

On a side note: i spoke to a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy that confirmed we are getting a book this year. Take that with as much salt as you like 😁

33 minutes ago, Cosmicsheep said:

On a side note: i spoke to a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy that confirmed we are getting a book this year. Take that with as much salt as you like

Does the guy you know, who knows a guy, who knows another guy that confirmed the book to be coming out this year, know if there is a model range update for the skaven in addition?

• Haha 1

So it seems like I got myself a cold. 
stuck at home I was able to build another 7 rattling gun weapon team (3 of which can be used as a warpgrinder/ warpfire thrower weapon team instead, if I wish to do so)

To celebrate my genius inventions, 

I have even written a list with 13 Rattling guns, which will be the best painted models I currently own in my skaven arsenal (meaning I will try and take part at some tournament to get the best painted (or coolest looking army price))

Yes-yes

- Grand Strategy: 
Warlock Bombardier (125)
- General
- Command Trait: Overseer of Destruction  
- Artefact: Vigordust Injector  
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!
Warlock Bombardier (125)*
- Artefact: Vial of the Fulminator  
- Universal Spell Lore: Levitate
Warlock Bombardier (125)*
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!
5 x Skryre Acolytes (65)**
5 x Skryre Acolytes (65)**
3 x Stormfiends (315)**
- 01x Windlaunchers
- 01x Ratling Cannons
- 01x Doomflayer Gauntlets
1 x Ratling Gun (65)*
1 x Ratling Gun (65)
1 x Ratling Gun (65)
1 x Ratling Gun (65)
1 x Ratling Gun (65)
1 x Ratling Gun (65)
1 x Ratling Gun (65)
1 x Ratling Gun (65)
1 x Ratling Gun (65)
1 x Ratling Gun (65)
1 x Ratling Gun (65)
1 x Ratling Gun (65)
1 x Ratling Gun (65)
1 x Doomwheel (165)***
1 x Doomwheel (165)***
*Warlord
**Hunters of the Heartlands
***Alpha-Beast Pack
Artefact

Total: 1995 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 0 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 98
Drops: 21

Edit:

and well another I am pretty curious of using at this point.

Just to say this before I post the second list.

it is a one drop😉

- Grand Strategy: None Chosen - Triumphs: Inspired
LEADERS
Verminlord Deceiver (345)*
Plague Priest (85)*
- Artefact: Liber Bubonicus
- Universal Prayer Scripture: Curse
Warlock Bombardier (125)*
- General
- Command Trait: Overseer of Destruction
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!
 UNITS
1 x Ratling Gun (65)** 1 x Ratling Gun (65)** 1 x Ratling Gun (65)** 1 x Ratling Gun (65)
1 x Ratling Gun (65)
1 x Ratling Gun (65)
1 x Ratling Gun (65)
1 x Ratling Gun (65)
1 x Ratling Gun (65)
1 x Warp-Grinder (75)* 1 x Warp-Grinder (75)* 1 x Warp-Grinder (75)* 40 x Clanrats (260)*
- Rusty Blade
40 x Clanrats (260)*
- Rusty Blade
10 x Stormvermin (110)*
- Halberd & Shield
CORE BATTALIONS
*Battle Regiment
LEADERS: 3/6
ARTEFACTS: 1/1 ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS: 0/3
   TOTAL: 1995/2000
WOUNDS: 148
BATTLELINES: 3 (3+)
BEHEMOTHS: 1/4
ARTILLERY: 0/4 ALLIES: 0/400
REINFORCED UNITS: 2/4 DROPS: 10

Edited by Skreech Verminking

They are awesome, im thinking three assassins at the front and two gutter runners at the back? Gives me some hopium for Eshin triads making a return though im sure theyll just be the standard meh in AoS like all the other underworld bands.

Im sure some of the starter box bands got the standard minis and no rules/cards releases but between my shoddy memory and general disinterest i wouldnt swear to it :D

It's a shame that its the starter box indeed, but i'll get it for them, theyll look so very odd amongst my 60 monkey rat ninjas :D 

Got a 1k Tourney tomorrow, going with the following- 

Leaders
Warpgnaw Verminlord (275)*
- General
- Command Trait: Cunning
- Artefact: Vial of Manticore Venom (Universal Artefact)
- Universal Spell Lore: Flaming Weapon
Master Moulder (95)*
- Artefact: Rabid Crown
Master Moulder (95)*

Battleline
4 x Rat Ogors (190)**
- Mutation: Toughened Sinews
- Reinforced x 1
4 x Rat Ogors (190)**
- Mutation: Insanely Rabid
- Reinforced x 1
6 x Giant Rats (40)**
6 x Giant Rats (40)
6 x Giant Rats (40)*

Core Battalions
*Warlord

Total: 965 / 1000
Reinforced Units: 2 / 2
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 70
Drops: 8

• Like 1

So what do ya'll think we might get down the road? Those albino skaven are looking mighty different. They're not the demon shadow rats I was hoping for but since they weren't part of the Underworlds warband, I feel like we'll get at least one new unit. Which is frankly not what we want, we just want re-sculpts. That or trimming our model range to make room for new stuff.

2 hours ago, Noserenda said:

They are awesome, im thinking three assassins at the front and two gutter runners at the back? Gives me some hopium for Eshin triads making a return though im sure theyll just be the standard meh in AoS like all the other underworld bands.

Im sure some of the starter box bands got the standard minis and no rules/cards releases but between my shoddy memory and general disinterest i wouldnt swear to it :D

Well, there have been some great underworld warbands lately.

I could see myself using those 5models, if the price is right

if not as the original, at least they will be useful as good looking gutter runners.

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 2

Two separate posts for two different things! 

Been waiting to report on my 1k tournament where I went 3-0 claiming second place behind BoC due to differentials in winning VP's

TL:DR, Went well Rat Ogors are just ridiculous.
Breakdown of each game in post

Game 1- Feral Foray VS Soulblight Win 29-24

Game 2- Apex Predators VS Idoneth Deepkin Win 25 - 10

Game 3- Power Struggle VS Kruleboyz Win 25 - 12

List-

Spoiler

Leaders
Warpgnaw Verminlord (275)**
- General
- Command Trait: Cunning
- Artefact: Vial of Manticore Venom (Universal Artefact)
- Universal Spell Lore: Flaming Weapon
Master Moulder (95)**
- Artefact: Rabid Crown
Master Moulder (95)**

Battleline
4 x Rat Ogors (190)*
- Mutation: Insanely Rabid
- Reinforced x 1
4 x Rat Ogors (190)*
- Mutation: Toughened Sinews
- Reinforced x 1
6 x Giant Rats (40)*
6 x Giant Rats (40)**
6 x Giant Rats (40)

Core Battalions
*Hunters of the Heartlands
**Warlord

Additional Enhancements
Artefact

Total: 965 / 1000
Reinforced Units: 2 / 2
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 70
Drops: 8

Game 1-

Spoiler

Game 1- Feral Foray VS Soulblight (Kastelai Blood Knights)
Win 29-24

They took first turn and moved up,

Real simple retaliation, split army into two (Fighty Ogors + Packmaster) one way, Warpgnaw+ Tough ogors the other

Charged Fighty Ogors into 2x5 blood knights to hold them up and stop them getting charge bonus, took out 4 blood knights (1 in 1 unit, 3 in the other)

Warpgnaw+ Tough ogors the other, slammed the Warpgnaw in Ogors failed the charge- Warpgnaw took the unit of direwolves to 2, wasn't that worried about non charging blood knights and wanted them off the objective that my rats had snuck onto.

From here, ogors and warpgnaw won the fights in subsequent turns and they didn't have much of an answer to rats porting around the board burning objectives.

Game 2-

Spoiler

Game 2- Apex Predators VS Idoneth Deepkin (Sharks, Namarti Thralls, Reavers, Soulreaver, King)

Result- Win 25 - 10

IDK took turn 1, moved up king on one objective, soulreaver on another, sharks left the warpgnaw on 3 wounds!!! from shooting alone, making him flee through the gnawholes to the top objective to heal for the rest of the game till his epic return later....

Both units of rat ogors, got into the namarti/reaver line.

Carnage. Fighty unit flat out minced the namarti, tough unit managed to pile in and take the reavers down to 3, 2 then returned via the fisherman man whos fish had killed a few giant rats.

IDK took turn 2, charge the king and sharks into the tough unit of ogors and despite all the buffs going off with hide tide, only just managed to kill them with all the sharks AND the king! Unfortunately the king had also tagged the fighty ogors in, who then proceeded to deal 4 wounds to the fisher, destroy the sharks and leave the king on 1 wound.

My turn rocks around, and the warpgnaw pops out of the gnawhole with an arcane bolt charge, pinging the king for slay the warlord with a monster, rat ogors finished off the fisherman which took away IDK's possible win condition. Tabled IDK turn 2 bar 4 reavers.

Game 3-

Spoiler

Game 3- Kruleboyz (Big yellers)- Power Struggle

Result- Win 25 - 12

Standard list 9 boltboyz in mud, tough stuff.
Ported

As shown in picture, over half my army stayed in cover afraid of boltz. And rightly so. Giant rats would run out to tag objectives and then run away to live another day.

Rat ogors where thrown into the back line as a distraction which worked perfectly, as the gutrippaz and killaboss went to deal with them. Alas, the rat ogors kept coming back with rolls of 6's from the master moulders command abilities. meaning the distraction continued every turn, they came back and then just slipped through the tunnels again!

The warpgnaw stayed in the holes till he felt comfortable the boltboyz would leave cover, eventually they did, the rat ogors took the overwatch from the charge and died for him (16 mortals!), but....once again came back thanks to the moulders. With him in combat dealing 4 damage a swing, it was curtainz for the boyz.

The threat of the gnawholes forced him to stay back before I claimed his objectives each turn with a cheeky giant rat unit and the ridiculous luck with the moulder return rolls meant a fairly good win.

20220417_104908.jpg

Edited by Moogypies
  • LOVE IT! 2

26 minutes ago, Darkhan said:

Battlescrolls for the new Eshin out

Looks interesting. Not sure if it’s worth the points. Costs more than 5 gutter runners and an assassin but being able to dish out mortals and deep strike within 6” is good, and strike first and retreat could be fun 😁

Edited by Cosmicsheep