5kaven5lave

5 hours ago, fishwaffle2232 said:

Thanquol (2:2 loadout. Might end up going melee, but want to test this a bit)

Skitterleap, flaming weapon

Warlock bombadier

Mmmwp, chain warp lightning

How are you getting 2 spells each? My understanding of the new "enhancements" is that you can choose 1 spell lore, unless you take Warlord or Entourage battalions for an extra enhancement. The one drop battalion doesn't grant this. 

33 minutes ago, Cosmicsheep said:

How are you getting 2 spells each? My understanding of the new "enhancements" is that you can choose 1 spell lore, unless you take Warlord or Entourage battalions for an extra enhancement. The one drop battalion doesn't grant this. 

Sorry yes I was copying and pasting from an old list. I did something similar with the warlord battalion instead of the drop. Should only be one spell with the one drop. 

Hey @fishwaffle2232, here my list that is similar to your if you want to try more versions 😉

Unfortunately still to arrive my Thanquol 😭

-Thanquol
skitterleap, 3 or 4 warpfire
-Warlock bombardier
general : overseer of destruction
spell MMMWP 
manufatto: negate wounds 5+
-Warlock Bombardier
spell: MMMWP 
-Warlock Bombardier
spell: warp lighting shield
-Clanrats 40 20 20
-2 warp lightning cannon 
-1 warp grinder
-3 ratling gun
-Emerald lifeswarm 

I think this list could be really strong, on turn 1 we have a ton of damage from wlc and ratling, should be enough for take out a big-medium hero and 1 unit.

Battalions would be I think the artillery one plus the one drop, so we run into a 4 drop, could also be played with one extra enchantment and choose between more artefact or a death frenzy to Tanquol

Holy guys i realized that gnawhole don't say anymore wholly within for teleport but only within😁

So guys one question, are weapon teams hidden inside going to fit some battalions?

Or if I take them into a battalion I have to deploy them and not hide? Thanks 

Edited by Yes-yes warpstone

14 minutes ago, Yes-yes warpstone said:

Holy guys i realized that gnawhole don't say anymore wholly within for teleport but only within😁

So guys one question, are weapon teams hidden inside going to fit some battalions?

Or if I take them into a battalion I have to deploy them and not hide? Thanks 

Yea gnawholes got a buff and should be much easier for us to use. 

I'm pretty sure weapons team will count towards battalion slots, but I'm not 100% sure on the rules for it. I have actually wondered the same thing. 

18 minutes ago, Yes-yes warpstone said:

Hey @fishwaffle2232, here my list that is similar to your if you want to try more versions 😉

Unfortunately still to arrive my Thanquol 😭

-Thanquol
skitterleap, 3 or 4 warpfire
-Warlock bombardier
general : overseer of destruction
spell MMMWP 
manufatto: negate wounds 5+
-Warlock Bombardier
spell: MMMWP 
-Warlock Bombardier
spell: warp lighting shield
-Clanrats 40 20 20
-2 warp lightning cannon 
-1 warp grinder
-3 ratling gun
-Emerald lifeswarm 

I think this list could be really strong, on turn 1 we have a ton of damage from wlc and ratling, should be enough for take out a big-medium hero and 1 unit.

Battalions would be I think the artillery one plus the one drop, so we run into a 4 drop, could also be played with one extra enchantment and choose between more artefact or a death frenzy to Tanquol

Nice I like it. I've gone 3 doomwheels because I've got a couple of heavily converted Doomwheels that I want to put on the table l. Another list I put together dropped one of the doomwheels and shuffled some other stuff around for a WLC 

Edited by fishwaffle2232
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Cosmicsheep said:

@Yes-yes warpstone they don’t need to be included in the battalion because they are not counted as a drop. I asked this same question a few pages back, I think the FAQ for new core rules covers this too

Yea I'd need to see the rules interactions explained I think. I didn't see anything in the FAQ but I'll have a look now 

I’ve just looked again, and it’s more to do with reserves, but if the unit is “inside” then I think it counts as the same unit

3.1 RESERVES AND SUMMONED UNITS
Q: Are things like Fanatics or Assassins that hide inside another unit, or embarked Kharadron Overlords units, counted as being reserves? A: Only if the unit that they are ‘inside’ is in reserve. A reserve unit is a unit that is set up in a location other than on the battlefield. Units that are on the battlefield are not reserves, even if the models themselves are not set up.

32 minutes ago, Cosmicsheep said:

I’ve just looked again, and it’s more to do with reserves, but if the unit is “inside” then I think it counts as the same unit

Q: Are things like Fanatics or Assassins that hide inside another unit, or embarked Kharadron Overlords units, counted as being reserves? A: Only if the unit that they are ‘inside’ is in reserve. A reserve unit is a unit that is set up in a location other than on the battlefield. Units that are on the battlefield are not reserves, even if the models themselves are not set up.

Yea I couldn't see anything. The only thing I can see in favour of them not counting towards the slots is the wording in the battalion rules and the working in weapon team rules. 

Hidden weapon teams are hidden in a unit of your choice when they are selected to be a part of the army. Battalions are picked after you have chosen the units that will be in your army. 

So reading it as written I'm thinking maaaybe they don't count. 

I definitely don't think it is a clear cut ruling and I wish they had FAQed it because it will definitely come up. 

21 hours ago, Cosmicsheep said:

So thinking about how this plays out. It really doesn't matter if they are being put into the battalion or not because regardless, they will be dropping when the clanrats do. So it would be a matter of including the grinder team in the one drop battalion and then ratlings don't need to be included in a battalion at all. 

A few overlapping rules that won't change the outcome. I guess I was over thinking without seeing how it would play out on the table. 

10 hours ago, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

When I put Lord Skreech in a list, is he still not able to take any of our lore spells? Just the generic ones? He's not a Grey Seer or Warlock so I'm assuming no, despite the update to unique characters getting access to lores.

Correct. The FAQ has changed the wording to be Grey Seer and Skryre Wizards only.

Hopefully the warscroll builder should be updated soon, I tend to use that as gospel.

40 minutes ago, DocKeule said:

Lets hope the warscroll builder is updated at all. I suspect GW to use the listbuilding tool in the new app to force people into their subscription model.

As long as events allow lists being handwritten, everything will be well.

I guess pen and paper are back

Edited by Skreech Verminking

2 hours ago, DocKeule said:

Lets hope the warscroll builder is updated at all. I suspect GW to use the listbuilding tool in the new app to force people into their subscription model.

The maker of warscroll builder shared on Twitter a few days ago that he's already at work to update it for 3.0. So it's staying where it was. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DocKeule said:

That doesn’t guarantee anything. I’ve been paying for Azyr for years and they were always slow at updating that.

16 hours ago, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

When I put Lord Skreech in a list, is he still not able to take any of our lore spells? Just the generic ones? He's not a Grey Seer or Warlock so I'm assuming no, despite the update to unique characters getting access to lores.

Unique characters have always had access to lore spells. 

Just the verminlords don't get them. I sorta makes sense sense they get more powerful versions or lore spell on thier scrolls. *Shrug*

• Sad 1

@Cosmicsheep @mmimzie Ah, but I just now had the thought on how Lord Skreech can take a universal spell lore. So he can not directly take an enchancment, but as an army, you are allowed to gain 1 spell lore enchancement. If I'm reading it correctly, it says once taken each wizard can grab a spell available to them, hence the universal ones.

Consequently, our book already allows us to take 1 spell per wizard, pending restrictions, and so wouldn't the global spell lore enhancement allow our grey seers to take an additional spell also? A grey seer gets 1 freebie for being skaven and another one in addition?

Just as a refresher:

27.3.4 SPELL LORES

Each time you take a spell lore enhancement, you can pick 1 spell for
each Wizard in your army from any of the spell lores available to that
Wizard (you can pick different spells from different spell lores for
different Wizards). Each Wizard knows the spell that you picked for
them in addition to the other spells they know.

3 hours ago, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

27.3.4 SPELL LORES

Each time you take a spell lore enhancement, you can pick 1 spell for
each Wizard in your army from any of the spell lores available to that
Wizard (you can pick different spells from different spell lores for
different Wizards). Each Wizard knows the spell that you picked for
them in addition to the other spells they know

The way I read this is that Verminlords can have 1 spell from the universal lore, and your Grey Seer or Skryre wizards can have 1 universal spell OR 1 from their respective lores.

If you take a core battalion that allows another enhancement, then you could take another spell each

Edit: also, the line in the Skaven battalion (page 78) that says you can have 1 spell from our lore was removed in the FAQ

Edited by Cosmicsheep

4 hours ago, Obeisance said:

So tell me, how's Skaven this edition? What's good? What you playing list-wise?

I sold my army over a year ago and I'm sad. =(

If you go back in this thread there is a lot of discussion on the matter. No one really knows how things will shake out but to give you a quick summary: combat skaven is worse now and shooting castle armies are still good, maybe even better than before. 

Units that got worse: plaguemonks, probably stormvermin

Units that got better: weapon teams, everything with a warpfire thrower, shooting in general