5kaven5lave

1 hour ago, Verminlord said:

As screens yes, but they often made up their points for me just by being on an objective before the game starts. 25mils will also be hurt somewhat less by this than larger base sizes. Just when I thought rat ogors were going to see some play 😢

Well maybe not in units of more then four, at least not with the 6 attacks mutations.

If they don’t go up in points I could see them being a pretty great option with the 4+ save and 6wounds mutation on a unit of 8 of them

as for nightrunners, I’m not too wuite hooked on them.

I’ve previously used them as a safety screens against any alpha or beta strike armies.

With that function gone, I’m not sure that I would take them for 80points.

Maybe at 60 I would reconsider 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Well maybe not in units of more then four, at least not with the 6 attacks mutations.

If they don’t go up in points I could see them being a pretty great option with the 4+ save and 6wounds mutation on a unit of 8 of them

as for nightrunners, I’m not too wuite hooked on them.

I’ve previously used them as a safety screens against any alpha or beta strike armies.

With that function gone, I’m not sure that I would take them for 80points.

Maybe at 60 I would reconsider 

6 wont be any problem as well, as soon as the unit goes down to 5 models, they just have to be within 1" of each other. 

I was cracking my brains with this rule, regarding stormfiends, and had a eureka moment when thinking about the 5 model count rules;p

Edited by Darkhan

The changes to endless spells are nice too. Vermintide certainly seems like it could be an alright inclusion. The pendulum activating twice per turn for D6 mortals is also quite nice for 50 points. 

With the smaller boards i'm even looking at the warp lightning vortex again. It might be easier to get this into some juicy targets.

The coherency rules are a bit of a blow to clanrat screening. On the bright side, at least deployment and movement will be quicker. I might actually pick up some movement trays now.

Thinking about this unit cohesion issue in regards to night runners (and you can apply the same logic to clanrats i guess) it should still be possible to string units out and keep cohesion with only a slight decrease in overall length of the unit.

image.png.e6c9b43d2747f8e26936e50a45974b34.png

So in the unit of 10 above, the models in the center (e.g. blue) are within 1" of 2 models. And the models at the end (yellow) are within 1" of 2 model (assuming a 25mm base)

Although if i read the rules correctly, any of the models can be 6" further up or down the table so long as the horizontal distance is only 1". If that is the case, then we can potentially cover more board area than before.

image.png.2ac7799dbaaadd5a247501cb3cca0300.png

Or am i reading that wrong ??

45 minutes ago, Cosmicsheep said:

Thinking about this unit cohesion issue in regards to night runners (and you can apply the same logic to clanrats i guess) it should still be possible to string units out and keep cohesion with only a slight decrease in overall length of the unit.

image.png.e6c9b43d2747f8e26936e50a45974b34.png

So in the unit of 10 above, the models in the center (e.g. blue) are within 1" of 2 models. And the models at the end (yellow) are within 1" of 2 model (assuming a 25mm base)

Although if i read the rules correctly, any of the models can be 6" further up or down the table so long as the horizontal distance is only 1". If that is the case, then we can potentially cover more board area than before.

image.png.2ac7799dbaaadd5a247501cb3cca0300.png

Or am i reading that wrong ??

I think vertical distance is for terrain. 

Edited by fishwaffle2232
Whoops typo vertical not horizontal

35 minutes ago, Cosmicsheep said:

What you have laid out seems to be fine except the vertical is to do with vertical from the table ie multiple level terrain.  However it would have issues with coherency when taking casualties, but at that point it may have already served it's purpose so not a huge loss

I was worried about our recently upgraded rat ogors however some quick checking and I believe they can easily set up in a stager line and still all attack 🤞

EDIT: misinterpreted second example 

Edited by Tali182
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, fishwaffle2232 said:

I think horizontal distance is for terrain. 

If you mean vertical distance, then yes you're probably right. I was reading that wrong. But still, 1" horizontal (i.e. on the table surface in any direction) isn't too bad for stringing out units.

For Rat Ogors however, a unit of 6 would have to be a rank of 4 with a rank of 2, 1" behind them (or vice versa) Which is how i tend to run them at the moment TBH

• LOVE IT! 1

8 minutes ago, Tali182 said:

However it would have issues with coherency when taking casualties

Actually, thinking about it some more... you're absolutely right. In my example above, if you take even 1 casualty you'd have to remove one of the models in yellow at the ends. At which point the furthest out model loses his coherency, as does the next one, and the next one until your whole unit is gone. Dammit... rethink required

4 minutes ago, Cosmicsheep said:

If you mean vertical distance, then yes you're probably right. I was reading that wrong. But still, 1" horizontal (i.e. on the table surface in any direction) isn't too bad for stringing out units.

For Rat Ogors however, a unit of 6 would have to be a rank of 4 with a rank of 2, 1" behind them (or vice versa) Which is how i tend to run them at the moment TBH

Yes I meant horizontal, was a typo. 

I think I'll end up just running clanrats base to base. I'll probably pick up some movement trays now too. 

I think a big factor will be whether or not they go full 40k rules and allow units to attack if they are within base contact of the unit fighting in front. I hope this is the case.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fishwaffle2232 said:

The coherency rules are a bit of a blow to clanrat screening. On the bright side, at least deployment and movement will be quicker. I might actually pick up some movement trays now

Well that is true for units of 20, yet I do think that screening, will still somewhat work in units of 40.

although we will very likely be taking a ton out of it as well.

Screening us of, our just having a unit of berserkers attack at multiple spots at once, will be much harder for our opponents, so theoretically I would probably say, That we gained more, then we have lost

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Well that is true for units of 20, yet I do think that screening, will still somewhat work in units of 40.

Screening us of, our just having a unit of berserkers attack at multiple spots at once, will be much harder for our opponents, so theoretically I would probably say, That we gained more, then we have lost

This is a good point. I think comparatively a lot of armies come off a lot worse off than us with this change. Having spent the day thinking about things, clanrats are still a top tier screening option. 

With the smaller boards, I'm expecting games will be a lot bloodier a lot quicker. It should be much easier to get our fire-power in range and our clanrats onto objectives. 

Plus our clanrats get hidden weapon teams!

I've got a feeling skaven is going to be in a pretty good place heading into 3.0. Particularly skryre. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I can see myself using the retreat-charge tactic for the clanrats more often, just to ensure coherency

But yes, i can see some advantages too, particularly with our new weapons team rules. Huddle close little man-things while i bring-fetch my rain of flame-fire

This formation SHOULD work for clanrats, to hinder any coherency casualties.

- 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
 - - - 8 - - - 9 - - - 0 - - -

Unless....the opponent has single target specific spell / ability..

Edited by Darkhan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, fishwaffle2232 said:

This is a good point. I think comparatively a lot of armies come off a lot worse off than us with this change. Having spent the day thinking about things, clanrats are still a top tier screening option. 

With the smaller boards, I'm expecting games will be a lot bloodier a lot quicker. It should be much easier to get our fire-power in range and our clanrats onto objectives. 

Plus our clanrats get hidden weapon teams!

I've got a feeling skaven is going to be in a pretty good place heading into 3.0. Particularly skryre. 

Well if their won’t be too many points increases for us, that will be true.

1 hour ago, Darkhan said:

This formation SHOULD work for clanrats, to hinder any coherency casualties.

- 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
 - - - 8 - - - 9 - - - 0 - - -

Unless....the opponent has single target specific spell / ability..

Thankfully, not many have them,

Yet we have one.

will be a ton of fun using splinter or dreaded splinter

10 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Well if their won’t be too many points increases for us, that will be true.

Thankfully, not many have them,

Yet we have one.

will be a ton of fun using splinter or dreaded splinter

ooooh, through a spell portal, lolol

@Skreech Verminking who has the dreaded splinter again?

Edited by Darkhan
  • LOVE IT! 1

The regeneration CA is going to help keep our hordes alive.

+1 to save on rat ogors with the 4+ save/6 wounds mutation for 3+ save 6 wounds each is SPICY

Warp lighting cannon will now enjoy shooting without penalty in your opponents turn.

+1 to hit will actually have no effect on our big hordes until they drop below 30 models bc we are already getting a bonus from allegiance

Edited by Verminlord

Plague Priests - wow at 80 pts how do we not fit at least one in a list of 2K now.

Im doing a 2K Tourney next month, my 4 Bells list.  It’ll be AOS 3.0, so new updated rules.

I’ve decided I need to revamp my points to take a CP and a Plague Priest too.

At 80 pts I think a Plague Priest is an almost auto include, and with 130 pts the Plague Priest and a CP.

Thoughts?

50 minutes ago, Verminlord said:

The regeneration CA is going to help keep our hordes alive.

+1 to save on rat ogors with the 4+ save/6 wounds mutation for 3+ save 6 wounds each is SPICY

Warp lighting cannon will now enjoy shooting without penalty in your opponents turn.

+1 to hit will actually have no effect on our big hordes until they drop below 30 models bc we are already getting a bonus from allegiance

Warp lightning cannon + unleash hell is so dope.

37 minutes ago, Coyote said:

Plague Priests - wow at 80 pts how do we not fit at least one in a list of 2K now.

Im doing a 2K Tourney next month, my 4 Bells list.  It’ll be AOS 3.0, so new updated rules.

I’ve decided I need to revamp my points to take a CP and a Plague Priest too.

At 80 pts I think a Plague Priest is an almost auto include, and with 130 pts the Plague Priest and a CP.

Thoughts?

80pts for a 6+ FNP? Totally worth.